• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep Theme Song

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger39

Website
www.myspace.com
I know its way too early for speculating about this but I have to ask: Who do you guys think should do it? The overwhelming response is probably going to be either (A) Utada Hikaru or (2) some whiny emo band that nobody cares about, I know, but I'm still posting this in hopes that someone will actually give a decent, original answer.

Anyways, I think they should get someone else. Hikaru just isn't that good anymore, and, with a darker setting, they need someone who can bring in something heavier.

If they want to go with J-Pop, Squeenix doesn't need to look any further than Ayumi Hamasaki. She's got a much better voice than Utada, she's able to insert raw emotion into her lyrics, and her backup band is superb at bringing in a edgy rock sound into her music, perfectly blending it with her pop vocals. The only real problem with this is she hardly ever sings in English, which means they'd have to get someone else for the international release.

Anyways, your thoughts.

V

V.A.T.13

Gackt.

Just so I can watch everyone cry... >D

But seriously, Kotoko makes some good OP songs. But lets see, BBS is gonna be serious and sad so...
Something with pianos...a slow song...hmm...and chimes!
But I'm hoping for a male voice. D:

Wait, it's supposed to be darker so....HYDE. >D
I can't help but picture "Lose control" for Terra's theme when his eyes turn yellow...

Last edited:
V

V.A.T.13

Well if Nomu's boyfriend can sing for Dirge Ceberus...

Oh God Uverworld....D:
...bah...too much rap-ness in that...

Eagl

Kanye West what about that. No joking.

Well Hikaru is actually good but it could be nice with someone new. And if its a emo band I will sadly consider to play KH without the sound.

UrbanQuattrus

Why Kanye, so we can hear him piss and moan about being "cheated" out of winning an award he doesn't deserve a third time?

I keep telling you guys, it has to be Jesse Frederick. You know, the wonder behind theme songs of such TGIF shows as Step by Step, Family Matters, and of course, Full House. EVERYONE loves Full House.

Blue

home is where the heart is
I want Utada Hikaru to make the theme song for BBS,I love her voice and I simply can't imagine someone other than her to sing for KH

Avenger39

Website
www.myspace.com
Variety is the spice of life.

Besides, Hikaru really isn't that good. Her voice is just... Meh... Underwhelming compared to what I want for this game.

And before any fanboys/girls decide to berate me with that whole "lolololololo uve only herd too sngs bi hr" crap, keep in mind that I have her entire discography on my computer. I've heard every song shes ever done, and aside from a few, she's relatively disappointing.

Last edited:
V

V.A.T.13

^ Oh! That reminds me, whats up with that song about her wanting to be a man? XD

Anyway, yes. Variety is a good thing. Ever since this thread I've been rummaging through my songs.

Nami Tamaki anyone? Not too techno-y huh?

Avenger39

Website
www.myspace.com
That was from her awful English language album, "Exodus". Def Jam ruined any chance she had of being a star over here with that album.

I figure a dark techno song could work with the game also. Julien-K could contribute something.

.......And then watch it be ruined with thousands of crappy Shadow The Hedgehog videos...

V

V.A.T.13

Def...Jam...? AUGH. *throws a chair*

Ok so something dark, techo, and possibly sad.
It prolly would need to work well as an orchestra verison too...

...what if they brought in Koda Kumi? >___>;;

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Julien-K could contribute something.

.......And then watch it be ruined with thousands of crappy Shadow The Hedgehog videos...

Lol, so true, <.<.

It prolly would need to work well as an orchestra verison too...

Yes, D=. KH needz moar orchestral goodneez.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I'd like it to be a vocal version of "Fate of the Unknown", personally. That would be amazing, with the right vocalist.

Sounds like a decent idea, but I wonder what the lyrics would be then...

Avenger39

Website
www.myspace.com
True... Say, that would be a good contest for the site...

*thinks of the noobish and/or cheesy entries that would possibly ruin the song for everybody.*

..........................Nevermind.

V

V.A.T.13

You know, I remember back when we first heard about the new KH games ( before we knew they we're gonna be handhelds and before we knew the names ) it was said that a remix verison of The Other Promise was playing...

...Maybe it'll be that? D:

Or maybe something like the Higurashi 2nd op? Thats a pretty sad song...
YouTube - Higurashi OP 2
It even has the backwards words at the end like Passion :'D
It's best if you just close your eyes while you listen and think of BBS and how it might fit. If it does that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back