• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Braig or Xigbar

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyrax

I'm not really sure about it, so I started this thread. My question is:

Is the person from DDD Braig (newly created since his heartless and nobody were defeated respectively) or is it Xigbar (brought from another timeline by YX).

And how is it in Isa's/Saix' case?

7Heartblade

I think it was Braig and Isa. My reasoning is that those who where to indipendent to become the new Organization returned to human form, while the rest turned into X-clones.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Lea calls Isa "Isa" so if Saix became Isa again, its likely that Xigbar is back to being Braig.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Here's the real question, does it matter? A rose by any other name would still be a back stabbing one eyed bastard.

MasterZeR0

Here's the real question, does it matter? A rose by any other name would still be a back stabbing one eyed bastard.

Oh my god, no. Braig and Xigbar are two different people. Separate existences. So yeah, it kinda does matter. Because if it's Xigbar, where is Braig? And if it's Braig, that solves that.

Samhain

Bronze Member
Um Braig and Xigbar are the same exact person

just like isa and saix are....

just because a nobody grows a heart doesnt mean they are a completely different person from their original somebody self.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Um Braig and Xigbar are the same exact person

just like isa and saix are....

just because a nobody grows a heart doesnt mean they are a completely different person from their original somebody self.

NO, how often again, a Nobody is NOT the exact same person as the original self, the heart is missing!

In the KH Universe a heart is what you are, the heart contains the sense of self that is formed.

If a Nobody grows a new heart you get something different because the original self (with the original heart) is still trapped in the Heartless.

Samhain

Bronze Member
NO, how often again, a Nobody is NOT the exact same person as the original self, the heart is missing!

In the KH Universe a heart is what you are, the heart contains the sense of self that is formed.

If a Nobody grows a new heart you get something different because the original self (with the original heart) is still trapped in the Heartless.
um yes, braig and Xigbar are the same damn person

if a nobody is lucky enough to even grow a heart it doesnt matter because when they return to their ORIGINAL SELFS NOT TO THEIR NOBODY SELF their ORIGINAL heart is intact while the nobody heart we dont know what happens to it but the key to the existence is their ORIGINAL heart

braig and xigbar are the same freaking person

Mikeneko

Young Xehanort also refers to him as Xigbar. Maybe he technically is Braig but didn't want to switch his name back because he's not attached to his human identity anymore?

Straythe

I think you're mistaking.

Who's to say the nobodies heart don't merge with the old heart ? See it as "getting new memories"...

Now, a few points :

- Both Xigbar and Saix had the pointed ears and yellow eyes. Those elements have been clearly associated to Xehanort and not just darkness (as illustrated with Terra, and remember they removed Terra getting yellow eyes before Xehanort took control which was in the first BBS video)

- Lea got his Axel memories back. When Axel grew a heart, he stopped being "evil" per say, there was no conflict in Lea when he came back, he became human again. He was still acting the same as Axel actually.

- It makes total sense that Braig with "Xigbar's memories" would choose to remain "Xigbar", since he WANTS to be part of the organisation, and wants to become Xehanort.

- I guess even though we know NOTHING about Isa, he made the same decision.

This doesn't apply to Sora and Xemnas though, since they had a bunch of hearts within themselves... It makes things more complicated. (So Roxas have a genuine existence that differs from Sora's, unlike Lea and Axel, it is more similar to Terra being trapped somewhere within ... within we don't know what)

Samhain

Bronze Member
yet the original heart still holds the key...thats what im saying. he is still "braig". Braig and Xigbar are the same person, period
its pretty obvious they're not a different existence.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
This doesn't apply to Sora and Xemnas though, since they had a bunch of hearts within themselves... It makes things more complicated. (So Roxas have a genuine existence that differs from Sora's, unlike Lea and Axel, it is more similar to Terra being trapped somewhere within ... within we don't know what)

This, and in Roxas' case there's also the difference that he started out completely blank without any memories, essentially forming his new heart (and sense of self and therefore existence) completely from scratch (maybe with some unwitting "help" from Ven's broken heart).

The Nobody-heart merging or residing within the original self-heart is a good take on it though, as it would explain how those who actually came back as humans (Lea, Ienzo, Dilan, Aeleus and Even) got to get the memories of their Nobodies.

We have no confirmation yet however if Braig really returned to being human or if "Xigbar" is still around because of the very advanced Xehanortification.

Straythe

yet the original heart still holds the key...thats what im saying. he is still "braig". Braig and Xigbar are the same person, period
its pretty obvious they're not a different existence.
I don't think using Braig is helpful, as he is part Xehanort, like Isa.

Lea is the perfect exemple of "non unfluenced" nobody that ended up being exactly like his normal self. And once he became human again, he indeed was acting just the same.

Though at first, nobodies are "blank page" that can be influenced, that's why all of them ended up evil, because Xemnas lied to them and manipulated them.
Most of them were defeated before getting their heart back, that's why "Zexion" was evil, and the newly reborned Ienzo isn't.

edit :

By blank page I mean neither good nor evil, not like Roxas's total blank. I mean, it's been hinted Xemnas is responsible for most of their behaviour.

We have no confirmation yet however if Braig really returned to being human or if "Xigbar" is still around because of the very advanced Xehanortification.
Well Isa is the complicated case, but Braig was already becoming a Xehanort before the incident. (he is the "seed" MX was talking about)
So in his case I don't think it matters in anyway. Let's just assume he came back as human but it didn't change anything for him.

As for Isa, we'll know more about it when Lea confronts him ! I doubt it's as simple as Braig... Might be closer to Terra's fate ? Though in his case, I think the nobody was turned into Xehanort, not the human, so that's interesting...

I'm also interested in weither Terranort is back or not (because of the time travel, it makes it hard to believe how he could be back, because xemnas and ansem are there, that means they're not destroyed in the past, and if they took Terranort from the past, it would render Ansem SoD's time travel impossible in the first place).

Epic_Finale722

It really doesn't matter.

I consider them the same character and different people.
They have the same personality, goals, abilities, and memories.

I do consider Namine, Raxas, Xion, and the Riku replica different characters (from their original selves).

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Saying Braig is the same as Xigbar is somewhat like saying Xehanort is the same as Xemnas. A heart makes all the difference.

Mr. Wilhelm

Also Sprach Zarathustra
Website
www.animus-sorrow.org
Also, keeps in mind. The X in organization member's names stands for "Xehanort" as we now know. Even if that was Braig, it'd make sense he now fully assume the identity of Xigbar, what with being half-Xehanort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back