• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

California Wants to Legalize and Tax Pot

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Omg what the heck are they thinking....This isn't happening. This could raise the crime percentage sky high.
Wrong.

This actually helps against the crime.

Cannabis is there, whether you like it or not, and it's not going away. You can either deny its existence and close your eyes for the ongoing black market crime, or you can legalize it and REGULATE it, meaning you help against it becoming a crime.

When people cross the line in the drugs business, they will be considered criminals, but the temptation of crossing the line is much lower when you're allowed to do a certain deal.

Look at children. By denying them freedom, they will rebel and cross the line MUUUUUCH further than when you give them certain freedom, allowing them to understand where there's a limit.

Jolteon

The cutest Jolteon EVA :3
Watchig the lightning bolts dance in the sky...
Oh yea like regulating will help... If it becomes legal the price for it will either drop,making it much easier to distribute the drug to the public,or if the raise the price on the drug shoot outs are more likely to happen between Gangsters and thiefs trying to break into a drug store just to get it.
Yea so if they legalize it California will go down the tubes. And the other states who look up to us will do the same.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Oh yea like regulating will help... If it becomes legal the price for it will either drop,making it much easier to distribute the drug to the public,or if the raise the price on the drug shoot outs are more likely to happen between Gangsters and thiefs trying to break into a drug store just to get it.
Yea so if they legalize it California will go down the tubes. And the other states who look up to us will do the same.

You know nothing of marijuana, do you?

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Riiiight...

And you state this isn't happening already in the whole of America.

I live in a country that proves that semi-legalizing drugs is better than keeping it illegal.

But you completely ignored every point I made, so I doubt you are interested in any counter-argument.

Jolteon

Yea thats true. I'm just going on at the mouth. Its just so fustrating how stupid this world is getting. Who knows? It might actually work against the crime as you stated.I won't say anything anymore,you made your point clear,and I understand it just fine.

very differentiable
Awards
Ever even thought about the netherlands, we have it not completely legal, but it is legal to buy and have. Ever hear news about drug related killings, and completely legalising and keeping it in government control actually works best.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Yea thats true. I'm just going on at the mouth. Its just so fustrating how stupid this world is getting. Who knows? It might actually work against the crime as you stated.I won't say anything anymore,you made your point clear,and I understand it just fine.
Okay, that's all I hoped for. You don't have to agree with me, though, that's all up to you.

You have to understand that the world IS stupid. Now you can deny it and live in a fairytale, but you can also just open your eyes and help make it a better place, make the best of it.

As for this subject, why is the world stupid when drugs is legalized, keeping in mind that it doesnt stimulate drug crime but actually reduces (should).

Ever even thought about the netherlands, we have it not completely legal, but it is legal to buy and have. Ever hear news about drug related killings, and completely legalising and keeping it in government control actually works best.
It's legal to keep a little amount, and buying only at coffee shops. Rest you say is completely correct.

very differentiable
Awards
Minor details, it's not that they'll see much of our country soon.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Minor details, it's not that they'll see much of our country soon.
Right, but it makes the haters understand that we as Dutchies have strict boundaries and want to keep drug use at a minimum, without making it illegal.

Obviously the understanding of our choice to have it semi-legal grows when you give haters these facts. :wink:

(I generalised people that dont agree with legalization of drugs as haters, but obviously, thats just a joke)

Jolteon

Okay, that's all I hoped for. You don't have to agree with me, though, that's all up to you.

You have to understand that the world IS stupid. Now you can deny it and live in a fairytale, but you can also just open your eyes and help make it a better place, make the best of it.

As for this subject, why is the world stupid when drugs is legalized, keeping in mind that it doesnt stimulate drug crime but actually reduces (should).

I don't think I can give anything else on this subject. I can try though.

So ok legalizing drugs SHOULD be able to reduce the crime. However people don't hear the word "should" they hear "It will". Alot of people don't think about things. They just go what the media says or tells them to do. The News and well educated people munipulate and twist the stories to make them sound positive,leaving out the possible negative points,and vice versa. I guess the bottomline to this is money...Gee I should of thought of that earlier. Thats all I got lol.
I'd just like to say. Don't believe everything you hear. Research it and find the important things that the media leaves out, whether it be good or bad. Look into it and think to yourself. Is this right or wrong?

S

Shadow Soldier

I think all places in the world should do it. Pot is always going to be going around and being smoked, why not make a profit off of it.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
So ok legalizing drugs SHOULD be able to reduce the crime. However people don't hear the word "should" they hear "It will". Alot of people don't think about things.
So I'd ask you: think about it.

Will it or won't it reduce crime? With arguments please. :tongue:

They just go what the media says or tells them to do. The News and well educated people munipulate and twist the stories to make them sound positive,leaving out the possible negative points,and vice versa. I guess the bottomline to this is money...Gee I should of thought of that earlier. Thats all I got lol.
I don't understand the connection here. What does money have to do with the legalization of drugs?

I'd just like to say. Don't believe everything you hear. Research it and find the important things that the media leaves out, whether it be good or bad. Look into it and think to yourself. Is this right or wrong?
Well, I'll talk to my own experience with the subject. I've done enough research to know that it's better to legalize it to a certain extent instead of keeping it completely illegal. See previous posts for explanations.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Well, I'll talk to my own experience with the subject. I've done enough research to know that it's better to legalize it to a certain extent instead of keeping it completely illegal. See previous posts for explanations.

Case in point: making alcohol illegal.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Case in point: making alcohol illegal.
I'm not a fan of alcohol, but making it illegal would be the same as making drugs illegal. It's there and it's there to stay.

But while I'm writing this I think that's exactly your point.:tongue:

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
I'm not a fan of alcohol, but making it illegal would be the same as making drugs illegal. It's there and it's there to stay.

But while I'm writing this I think that's exactly your point.:tongue:

I'm more making a reference to the attempt in the early 1900s at making alcohol illegal. End result was everything went behind the scenes and crime rose quite a bit.

Jolteon

So I'd ask you: think about it.

Will it or won't it reduce crime? With arguments please. :tongue:

I don't understand the connection here. What does money have to do with the legalization of drugs?

I don't think I will make it in a debate team...

Ok first Q:I don't think it'll reduce crime.Gansters can fake an illness that requires the use of that drug. The doctor fills out the form for them. The guy goes and gets it from the pharmacy then he goes out into the streets selling the stuff illegally. Someone comes up wantng to buy some but doesn't want to pay that price. So he can just pull out a gun and kill the dealer just to get it. Placing restrictions is wise,but I don't think it'll work here in California. Ok I see things wrong already lol,but I want to see if you can catch them.

Answer to the 2nd Q: The government only cares about money.If they see profit in legalizing certain drugs,they'll do their best to try to get it legal. They don't care for those who get caught in the middle,all they want is their money.

Ok have at it lol.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I don't think I will make it in a debate team...

Ok first Q:I don't think it'll reduce crime.Gansters can fake an illness that requires the use of that drug. The doctor fills out the form for them. The guy goes and gets it from the pharmacy then he goes out into the streets selling the stuff illegally. Someone comes up wantng to buy some but doesn't want to pay that price. So he can just pull out a gun and kill the dealer just to get it. Placing restrictions is wise,but I don't think it'll work here in California. Ok I see things wrong already lol,but I want to see if you can catch them.

Answer to the 2nd Q: The government only cares about money.If they see profit in legalizing certain drugs,they'll do their best to try to get it legal. They don't care for those who get caught in the middle,all they want is their money.

Ok have at it lol.

No worries, you dont have to be on the debate team, lol. On your first argument, you actually gave an example of how it works when its illegal. When legal, theres no point in drugsdealing, see? You just buy it at the coffeeshops.
Second argument, that obviously is not why they want to legalize it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back