• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Can't Believe I'm Still Chained to this Kid

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
First of all, I want to apologize that it took me so long to write this update. I had to choose one of several ways I wanted to proceed, and also I had to start working on summer homework (ever try writing a poem about Of Mice and Men?) Anyway, here's the next update, and I'm glad we've picked up a new fan (KH addict) Let's see if you stay with us KH addict! welcome. Anyway, here's the next update, and thanks SO MUCH for the wonderful comments before. You know, its your replies that want to make me go on writing. Here it is, and there isn't a lot of inapropriate stuff in this, but still WARNING- SOME SUGGESTIVE THEMES MAY FOLLOW. THERE WILL NOT BE AN ITALIC WARNING LIKE USUAL, SO STAY ALERT (near the TV scene there is some) Anyway, here it is and sorry for the delay.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haerthos stared at the now empty tube, angry, despairing emotions scorching the inside of his body as the utter depression began to set in. Ira was gone… she had dropped into the ocean below… all hope of saving her was gone now… He felt an empty pit in his chest where his heart normally beat, an forsaken crater that smoldered as he saw Ira in his mind slipping down the tube and into the darkness below… He had done it again! Stood by and done nothing while the woman of his dreams slipped down into the darkness below. And now there was no getting her back. She was gone… She was an Ultima…
He would have sat like that for hours, emptily staring into space, except he heard a small cough behind him, reminding him of the present company. The ones that had planned the project. Haerthos exploded like a nuclear missile, spinning around and launching himself at Zuki and Xenahort, screaming with unbeatable rage and summoning his Keyblade in a flash of light. Zuki stepped back; summoning his Keyblade in worry, but Xenahort just smiled and pressed a silver button on the computer terminal. Haerthos leapt toward them, the fiery unlimited powers of the Ultima Virus lending to his speed, but he suddenly he crashed full force into an invisible wall. There was a sickening crunch, and Haerthos faintly slid down onto the floor, wincing at the cracking he heard as he collapsed onto the white floor. He felt himself being raised up, and he opened his eyes to find himself in an egg-shaped container, made completely out of clear sheets of Infintatnium. He recognized the pod as the one that had held Sora while he slept, and wincing, he stood to face the smiling Xenahort and the worried Zuki. “What…” he breathed slowly, every breath sending wracking pains through his system, “Is going… on?” Xenahort smiled, and pressed a button on the console again. A large black plasma screen TV slid out of the ceiling and hovered in the air, right in front of Haerthos. He heard a beep, and he sprang to the back of the tube, covering his head, sure it was going to explode and kill him. But he was wrong. He looked up to see Xenahort taking a package out of a shiny metal box, and realized that it was a microwave oven.

“Popcorn?” he asked, offering him the bag. Haerthos attempted to spit at him, but all that happened was he made the pod even cleaner. Xenahort shrugged and offered some to Zuki, who glared at him malevolently. “That’s right,” Xenahort smiled evilly, pulling back the popcorn, “You can’t eat food, can you?” Zuki stared hungrily at the popcorn, and Haerthos knew that Xenahort could never realize what torture he was dealing to a spirit that hadn’t eaten for who knows how long. Xenahort apparently was ignorant to this, and stuffed a mouthful of the buttery paradise into his mouth, crunching down on the sweetness as he looked expectantly up at the black screen, waiting for something to appear there. It didn’t take long. The black screen flickered to life, and when Haerthos saw the images on them, he wasn’t sure if he was watching some freaky sci-fi film, or a kung-fu horror flick. Ira was completely immersed in the dark waters, her naked body reflecting the silver moonlight it streamed through the blackness, her frame twisting and snapping like a whip cracking, lashing out at all oncomers. Dark figures flitted toward her through the turbulent waters, and then were blasted away like flies from an electric bug zapper. Haerthos could only stare as the camera zoomed up closer on Ira, showing her changing face, her fangs glinting in the moonlight as she smiled devilishly, her blue eyes now red, with her pupils now black slits, like an eclipse in the midst of a red sun. Her fanged grin seemed to cut through the darkness like a silver bullet through the dark skin of a werewolf, and her pale, moonlit body struck out like some silver snake at the heel of an unwary traveler. Haerthos could only watch in amazement as the dark figures surged toward her, only to recoil in pain as her arms and legs lashed out in fury against them, slashing like the spiky tentacles of some strange metallic octopus. Haerthos would have been amazed at her athletic abilities, but he remembered what had done this to her. This wasn’t Ira, this was an Ultima. A being that’s only purpose was to unleash its abilities to the fullest. And why? Because it could…

Haerthos watched as Ira’s Ultima lashed out in fury against the oncoming hordes of the dark figures, and a particularly large one got behind her and grabbed her from the back, his huge, dark, muscular body a sharp contrast to Ira’s skinny, pale, silver one. Haerthos could make out a faint smile on the husky dark figure’s face as he groped at Ira, and he leapt to his feet in anger as the figure tried to pull Ira onto him lustfully trying to subdue her. But he needn’t have worried. Ira spun around, with a look that would rip through Infintanium, and elbowed the creature right in the face. Haerthos let out a sigh of relief, as he saw the figure recoil in pain but the sigh stopped in its tracks as Ira shot toward the disoriented figure, and kneed him right in the… well… let’s just say it hurt a lot. The figure doubled over in pain and Ira rolled over his bent head, and grabbed his arms with a silent flourish. The figure gasped in pain, and struggled against the unforgiving Ira as she pushed his elbow up and up against his body, causing him to arch his back in the agony. Haerthos gasped as Ira’s Ultima smiled at the creature’s agony and pulled even farther. The figure screamed as his elbow went far beyond the point it was supposed to, and bubbles floated up from his mouth.
“No!” shouted Haerthos, despair and shock running through his heart, “Ira! Don’t do this!” But she ignored him, and like lightning she yanked the arm upward, and with one final scream, the figure went limp, unconscious with the pain. Ira reached one delicate hand forward, and turned the unconscious figure around, almost soothingly. Haerthos looked on, stunned, as Ira loosely pulled the figure toward her, and kissed him, strongly, smoothly, on the lips, letting her hands run down his tattered clothes and feel his broken body. The figure’s eyes flickered open, pain from his broken arm coinciding with the pleasure he felt at Ira’s seductive touch. He smiled vaguely, wincing at the pain of his arm, and opened his mouth for more. Ira bent over, her naked body meeting the tattered clothes of the figure, and she kissed him, one final time, her hands softly rising up to hold his head tight… And then with one deft movement she snapped his neck, and kicked the floating corpse away, screaming with laughter as she shot toward the surface like a ball from a cannon.

The screen went blank and as it slid up into the wall, Haerthos could only sit in horror at what he had just seen. Ira truly was the Ultima Virus at its worst. He had felt like that too when the Ultima Virus coursed through his veins. But he had control then, and the real Ira was banished from that body, completely locked away somewhere where she couldn’t control her actions. A Heartless is a corrupted Heart. A Nobody is a body and soul. An Ultima is the Ultima Virus. Ira was the Ultima Virus. Haerthos could only just stare at the air where Ira had been, completely engrossed in his own terror. How could he ever hope to turn her back? No Heartless had ever been turned back human as no Nobody had ever achieved a heart either. Sora, Kairi, Roxas, and Namine were the only beings ever to be changed back to their normal selves after losing their hearts. And Ira had lost her heart, soul, and body! Was it even possible?

“No it is not possible.” Haerthos looked up to see Xenahort staring at him, as if reading his thoughts. “Ira has been banished to a realm where none can enter,” he said, his pale eyes cutting deeper into Haerthos’s heart with every word, “She has irreversibly altered beyond her normal state of being. There is no hope for you and for her.” Haerthos felt himself slowly being weighed down by these words, each and every syllable anchoring him to the ground, like he was being chained to a million Keyblades at once. He didn’t even have the will to use the Ultima Virus to help him. He just sat there, losing the will to do anything. His heart began to beat slower; his pulse began to throb like a low gong being struck. He felt time slowing as it did during a battle, and he slowly dropped into a timestop, sitting their in the empty, silent time of stillness. He looked up and saw Xenahort standing there, a smug grin frozen on his face. The entire laboratory was frozen in time, computer screens frozen in space, and the fire on the computer completely immobile, like some foreign sculpture from a faraway world. The only thing that moved in the room was Zuki, and he just stared at Haerthos, his pale violet eyes unblinking as they analyzed Haerthos, trying to decipher his quietness. What’s to decipher? thought Haerthos, with a dry laugh, I’m just suffering from complete and utter depression, that’s all… Zuki tensed at Haerthos’s laugh, summoning his Keyblade as though Haerthos would suddenly attack. Haerthos laughed again just to bug him, and sat, cross-legged on the bottom of the egg.

“Why?” he suddenly whispered after they had been sitting in timestop for a while, “Why did you do it?” Zuki tensed and responded testily,
“I don’t know what you mean…”
“Yes you do,” spat Haerthos, his gaze hardening against Zuki’s equally hard gaze, “I saw it in your eyes. You love her too!” The two of them stared at each other, eyes locking in an epic mental battle, and Haerthos knew he had struck a nerve. Zuki’s eyes shifted, and he turned his gaze away, looking at his silver Keyblade. Haerthos, knowing he had the upper hand, continued. “You loved her! You adored her! I can see it in you right now!” he shouted, slamming his hand into the egg, staring at Zuki with disgust, “I do too! I know how it feels! But why did you go through with this if you really…” But Zuki interrupted, spinning around with a grin on his face.

“Oh your really think I loved her?” he spat out, grinning contemptuously at Haerthos, his spit flecking the egg pod with speckles, “I think you may have misinterpreted that little seen in the tube then…” He stepped back laughing as Haerthos blasted the egg pod in rage with his Keyblade, leaving not a scratch on the Infintanium surface, and he continued with his advantage. “I loved her all right,” he continued, smiling at Haerthos’s anger, “Who couldn’t love a body like that?” He grinned as Haerthos roared and began hacking at the egg, trying by all means to get at Zuki. “She is very skilled indeed, and maybe that’s what lead you to believe I loved her. She played along very nicely in our little game.” Haerthos stopped suddenly, his eyes freezing on Zuki’s face as Zuki walked up to the pod and stared Haerthos in the face, who whispered his next line with such hatred, that the air seemed to drip with it. “I think I know why you think I love her,” he whispered, his voice dripping with danger and hatred, “You’re jealous. Jealous that I got what you could never get from her…” Haerthos just stared at him, completely immobile with those last words, utterly frozen with the binding power those words had on him. He couldn’t move his mouth to make a response, and he couldn’t move his arm to raise the Keyblade. All he could do was sink to the floor in a stupor, unable to breath or move, or talk. Zuki smiled in triumph, knowing he had won, and took his time to add another little something to the pot. “You know she wanted me…” he whispered, his voice seductively slithering around the pod, embracing Haerthos as a python does before it squeezes the life out of its prey, “She gave me her love, not you. And you know why? Because I can give it back to her. You can’t and you never will. Because you are nothing, Haerthos. Nothing.”

Haerthos just sat there, completely silent as his eyes closed to try and block out the pain. But it didn’t work. It wasn’t the insults; he had been the butt of those for millennia. It was the fact that, somewhere in the back of his mind, he had worried the same thing. What if Ira didn’t love him? What if he couldn’t love her back? What if he wasn’t good enough for her? Those thought were now realized as he heard Zuki’s words, and he realized that Zuki was right. Why did Ira subject to the scum like Zuki? Because there were no other spirits around except Haerthos, and he couldn’t give her the love she deserved. He couldn’t make her feel what he felt, as he couldn’t express the way he felt to her. He was nothing. He would always be nothing. He sat there, oblivious to Zuki’s confident stares as he lay there, utterly empty as all hope for him and Ira drained away through the hole Zuki’s words had made. He had lost… Ira… Sora… The King… and Riku… Riku...

Haerthos, can you hear me? Haerthos sat up as the thought of Riku burst in his head.
Riku? he thought back meekly, Is that you? The answer came with a burst of dark energy, and Haerthos’s mind shuddered in consequence. Okay it was Riku… What’s going on? shouted another voice in his mind, and he recognized it as the King’s voice, Haerthos what’s going on?
Xenahort and Zuki have me in the laboratory, replied Haerthos, forgetting his depression and snapping back to business, They have been conducting experiments on spirits and releasing the Ultima Virus inside them to create creatures of untold power. They already have created one and I don’t know what they’re planning to do next. He heard swearing in his mind, and he guessed the mind-mail censorship chip was deactivated. Then he heard a deep unfamiliar voice sound in his head. 66728, it said, the voice reflecting power and prestige, If our theories are correct then Xenahort had access to the Kingdom Hearts files and has committed crimes too great for him to dodge anymore. We have him now. Is there anyway for you to detain him while we make our way to the laboratory?

No, I’m being held in an Infantanium egg pod, Haerthos responded, trying to figure out who the mysterious voice was, And how do you know my number? All spirits had a number, used to refer to them on computer files and criminal records. The voice just chuckled, and sent a thought to Haerthos, I know all about you, 66728. I also know you illegally transferred use of the Keyblade to yourself in an attempt to free yourself of Keyblade Service. However in light of the current situation, I am inclined to postpone your trial for thief and forgery for now. That is, if you follow our instructions. Haerthos swallowed nervously, and the deep voice chuckled again at his silence. Whoever this guy was, he knew his stuff. Right sir… he thought back, shakily, and the voice laughed in response. All right, Haerthos, the King was back with Riku, Listen, this is what you’re going to do…

Zuki stared up at Haerthos suspiciously, noticing that Haerthos was zoning out apparently. Hmmm, Zuki thought, tapping the Infinatanium with his Keyblade, What are you doing in there? Then again, after an insult like that, no one was going to be warm and fuzzies for a while. Zuki smiled, his pride in his words feeding his ego. He had successfully lead Haerthos off the path he had caught on, instead sending him on a wild goose chase for his own insecurities. Now, Haerthos would never again suspect that he actually had loved Ira too. Sucker… he thought, smiling at his brilliance, already congratulating himself when suddenly Haerthos seemed to wake up from his zone, and stared at Zuki, almost in wonder. Zuki sneered at Haerthos and opened his mouth to utter more humiliations, but Haerthos interrupted him with a deadly whisper.
“You know Zuki,” he breathed dangerously, his breath fogging up the infantanium egg, “You should know better then to anger me. Who knows what might rise up inside me?”
“Nice try Haerthos,” laughed Zuki, unperturbed, and he tapped the egg pod humorously, “You know as well as I do that this egg is made of solid Infinatium, completely Ultima-proof, and invulnerable to any of your tricks.”
“Oh I wouldn’t be so sure of that,” whispered Haerthos dangerously, and he leaned backwards, bending his back until he was staring at the tip of the egg, and let out a quiet breath so his body lightened loosely, spreading his arms until they were spread eagled out. He wouldn’t try it… thought Zuki, confused at Haerthos’s apparent loss of mind, Even he isn’t that stupid… Of course, that was when Haerthos let loose the Ultima Virus inside him.

Haerthos screamed as the Ultima Virus blasted through his skin, lighting up the inside of the egg like fireworks in a bubble. A familiar fiery maelstrom of energy began to swirl around him, and he arched his back as the endless energy shot its way through his fragile frame, scorching the insides of the pod until the fiery bolts of energy ricocheted off the walls of the pod and crisscrossed inside until it seemed Haerthos was entangled in a web of pure energy. Haerthos let loose a second scream as he forced the every last drop of the energy out of his body, using the energy he usually used to repress it to force it out of him, spinning the cyclone of power around him out of control, shattering the web in a blast of infinite energy and strength. Zuki nervously stepped back, as the egg pod lit up with energy, explosions of energy smashing into the walls again and again, ricocheting off the walls only to hit another beam of energy and explode again. Zuki knew the egg was made to sustain any type of Ultima attack and he wasn’t particular worried until a spiderweb crack shot up the side of the egg like a bolt of lighting in the sky, a cracking creak slicing through the air like a knife through butter. Zuki heard Xenahort gasp behind him, and he knew time had sped up again while he had been focusing on Haerthos. Xenahort was rushing from terminal to terminal, speed typing along several monitors, calling up security features and other options.
“Xenahort!” Zuki shouted, running up to his Keylblade wielder, “What’s happening? I thought you said the egg would contain…”
“I know what I said!” shouted Xenahort, frantically wiping his brow and typing on the computer again, “I don’t know what’s happening! This wasn’t supposed to happen…”
“Well it’s happening, genius!” shouted Zuki, losing all possible meaning of the word, respect, and slammed his fist into the terminal, “What’s your brilliant plan now?!?!”
“We cut all power from the castle, and put it into sustaining the egg,” shouted Xenahort, manipulating keys and clicking on various icons on the screen, “That way, we may be able to maintain the egg’s reinforcing shield!”
“And if that doesn’t work?” said Zuki, bitterly, turning his head to look at the crack on the white hot egg. Xenahort didn’t answer, instead clicking one final button on the console. Instantly all the terminals went black except for the one near Xenahort. The lights went out overhead, and instantly the white room went dark, except for the glowing green panel on the eggpod, which still was aglow with the overwhelming power of Haerthos. Zuki and Xenahort became absolutely quiet, staring apprehensively at the egg as the crack remained conspicuously visible on the Infinitanium egg. They heard another horrifying crack, and another spiderlike crack shot down the egg, energy still exploding in a maelstrom of power inside the egg. Xenahort gasped in horror, and Zuki put his hand on his Keyblade grimly, ready to take care of whatever came out of that pod. They waited for more horrifying seconds as two more cracks appeared on the egg, a strangled groaning beginning to emit from the pod. Suddenly they heard the groaning turn into a splitting screech, and Xenahort screamed and covered his head, while Zuki braced himself for the explosion to come. And it did. Well, there was an explosion at least.

Zuki looked up again at the egg, only to find it was still standing. In fact, there were now no cracks in it at all. It was completely clear and strong like it was before. In fact, Haerthos was no longer in Ultima form. He was grinning like a happy little jackrabbit, waving a small black object in his hand. It took a while for Zuki to recognize it, but when he did, he just stared in awe of their own stupidity.
“Oh crap…” he whispered, and he spun around to activate main power, but it was too late. In front of the newly blasted open door, stood three figures. Haerthos whooped as he saw the King standing in attack stance, twirling his newly recovered Keyblade, Sora, holding a familiar looking sword, and Riku, his hand smoking with the power of the dark energy blast he had just shot at the non-powered door. “And here come the cavalry,” breathed Zuki, stepping backwards toward the stricken Xenahort, gripping his Keyblade tightly, and turning to stare at the portable illusions projector Haerthos was waving at him, “Oh, I really hate that guy…”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay that was it. Sorry again for taking so long, and I hope you like it. The story has sort of reached the end of a section, and know it will move on to another section. Before, the whole point was to find and rescue Ira, which didn't work out so well. The end of that section was the chapter prior this one. Now a new section of the story has opened up, How, if they can, do they turn Ira back? Or how do they save the world from Ira's Ultima's wrath? I dunno, so reply if you like it, or reply even if you don't and have constructive criticism. Thanks to sh im playin kh2 and Keyblade smitey for being my two most loyal fans, and thanks to all the others that have replied as well.

Have good lives, and have a good night.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
whooooooooooooooo
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! [foams at the mouth and falls over dead]

Keyblade Smitey

OMFG! (the F stands for freaking)

That was so awesome and funny, I think Zuki just won the understatement of the year award when he said "Oh, I really hate that guy..." xDDDDDD toooooo funny! *goes hyper*

So awesome, so very, very awesome! I think I know what they're going to do with Ira: She lost her heart, body and soul right? So the Ultima-thing isn't really her, it's not technically anything except power! So if they gather the component pieces they can re-build Ira using the Kingdom Hearts technology Xenahort stole! Genius! But that still doesn't solve what they're going to do with Ultima...

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
Don't worry, I'm not giving up on this fanfic so easily. I need to figure the next update out so bear with me, and wait until I post the next one. It's going to take a while since I'm incorporating Keyblade smitey's idea and also because of summer work and stuff. Also, its fine if you post again, don't apologize, but don't worry about the fic dying. I don't think we're at that point. If the fic is dying and I need posts, I'll pm you, ok? Otherwise continue to post with constructive criticism and stuff, and I'll update as soon as I can.

Keyblade Smitey

YAY! He's doing my idea! *Does 'My idea's gunna be in a fic' dance*

I have a dance for every occasion! *Does 'I have many dances' dance*

Take aaaaall the time you need, Cyber! I'll hold off these ravenging fans! *Beats fans with a big stick* Back fans! Back! Do not mob the author at work!

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
shoots Keyblade Smitey.
Don't ever touch me. Especially with a stick

Keyblade Smitey

ARRRGH god! Why would you shoot me? My eyes are puddles of BLOOD! Oh god it hurts!

I wasn't even poking you! *pulls out minigun* I think you'd better start running...

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
Okay here is the next update. Before I post, let me add something. Let me be the first to say that I love it when you all post. But lets try to keep the violence in the fanfic and out of the replies. OK? I don't want my fans shooting each other, okay? You can do whatever you want but, it be nice if I logged on to see someone not shooting each other. Thanks.

Also this is the intro of a new character, courtesy of yours truly, Keyblade smitey. His character, Wyrda was added by suggestion and is now part of the fanfic. For more info on him, pm Keyblade smitey. Here's the next update, and I hope you enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haerthos laughed hysterically, falling to his knees in agony as the laughter bubbled out through his body, racking his ribs with hysterical pain as he roared at the look on Zuki’s face. The evil spirit had taken it hook, line, and sinker. The infantanium egg wasn’t breaking. It was completely Ultima Proof for complete sake! Haerthos’s Ultima outburst couldn’t even put a scratch in that thing. But all it had required to fool Zuki was a little acting by Haerthos and a spectacular show by the portable holo-projector in his pack. That little baby had projected the telltale cracks onto the surface of the egg as a holographic Ultima attack raged inside the egg, with Haerthos watching in hysterics as Zuki went from confident evildoer to the kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar. And when the dust cleared, Zuki was left at the mercy of Sora, Mickey, and Riku, so fortunate to find the power off, therefore the security features disabled, enabling them to enter the laboratory unscathed. And now Zuki was standing with Xenahort, raising his Keyblade and glancing quickly around the laboratory for some means of escape as Sora and the others raced toward him, with Haerthos cheering them on.

“GET THAT DAMN __________!” screamed Haerthos (fill in your own personal swearword in the blanks over there), jumping up and down like a jackrabbit, pointing the Keyblade and screaming as the Sora and the others brandished there weapons, ready to take down Xenahort, obviously oblivious to the invisible spirit Zuki. So they didn’t see Zuki pull a shiny black orb from his pocket, and throw it to the ground, pulling the panicking Xenahort back from the dark sphere. Haerthos saw it fall to the ground to late, and shouted, “Watch out! Get them quick before…” But it was too late. The ground where the dark sphere landed exploded in a blast of darkness, making a plopping noise like a stone in a pond, and a black puddle of smoke and dark liquid spread across the floor, like a shadowy pool of blood. Sora, Riku, and Mickey stopped in there tracks, carefully eying the dark hole that had apparently come out of nowhere. Xenahort recovered and staring at the dark hole in the ground, smiled as he realized what his Keytaker had done. Grabbing Riku’s Keyblade as he stood slowly, he smiled at the trio standing before him, nodding humorously to the furious Haerthos banging on the egg pod.

“Well if it isn’t my dear friends, Riku, Sora, and the King. Isn’t this a pleasant surprise? I don’t suppose you’ve come for afternoon tea then?” he asked pleasantly, eying the weapons the Sora and the King were holding, and Riku’s smoking hands. They snarled in unison, and Xenahort stepped back, his smile fading as he twirled Riku’s keyblade tauntingly in front of Riku’s face. “You’ll never defeat her…” he whispered, nodding to the hole in the bottom of the tube in the center of the room, and turning to smile back at the King, Sora, and Riku, “She has become more powerful then any one of us. She will destroy all worlds, and I will bask in the midst of her destruction! I will be King of all Worlds, more powerful then the Keyblade, more powerful then Kingdom Hearts, and more powerful than the Government!” Sora began to reply with one of his long, cheesy, corny speeches about nothing being stronger then goodness and light and all that crap, but he was interrupted by a snarling Riku, who had been following his Keyblade like a cobra locked onto a snake charmer.
“Gimme back my Keyblade!” he shouted leaping across the pit suddenly, his stride enhanced by the dark powers he had accumulated over the past years, but he was too late. Xenahort just smiled and leapt forward into the hole, jumping feet first followed by an invisible Zuki, and he waved mockingly to them as he disappeared into the darkness.

Haerthos sighed as they let him out of the egg pod, holding his Keyblade loosely as he stepped grunting out of the pod, staring at the now white floor where they had almost had Zuki and Xenahort. They had been so close…
“Thanks your majesty,” he mumbled, trying not to look so disappointed, but he felt a comforting hand on his shoulder, and he looked down to see the King smiling at him sadly, acknowledging that they had missed their chance to put Xenahort away forever. He tried to smile back at him, but failed, and turned to see Sora staring at his Keyblade in Haerthos’s hand, trying to bite back the question of why he had it. Haerthos sighed and walked over to Sora, kneeling down so he was level with him, staring at the boy who he had guarded, fought with, and saved thousands of times. Finally, the look he had been waiting for came. It was one of wonder, confusion, and suspicion, but most importantly it was a look of recognition. Sora could see him. Haerthos could feel tears welling in his eyes, and he quickly wiped them away, and Sora stared at him curiously, wondering why this stranger was acting so sentimental. Haerthos unceremoniously dropped the Keyblade into Sora’s hands, who caught it deftly, and Haerthos reached a hand into his pocket and touched the button on the front of his minicomputer. This would deactivate his link with the Keyblade and make it officially Sora’s again. Haerthos felt the endless freedom that had come with using the Keyblade vanish, and smiled weakly at Sora, ready to do endure the inevitable. Haerthos could feel the chains of his prison linking themselves again, and he sighed, as more and more weight pressed down on his shoulders, the familiar weight of five thousand years of service compressing against his body like a torrent of water bringing a bonfire back down to embers. He heard Sora gasp, and he guessed he was becoming invisible again. Mickey rushed up to him, confused as he couldn’t understand why Sora was gasping. Riku’s eyes flickered for a minute, and then returned to their usual steely grey, as if he had suspected this all along. Sora’s eyes filled with tears unexplainably as he watched the complete stranger that had given him the Keyblade vanish, bit by bit into the twilight of the destroyed laboratory. Haerthos felt the chains growing stronger, binding him to the Keyblade tighter and tighter until he gasped with the pressure, falling to his knees in pain, the choking feeling restraining him as he struggled to control his breathing. Sora gasped and fell to his feet, trying to help Haerthos to his feet, but his hands passed right through Haerthos, swishing through his transparent body like a fish swims through water. Haerthos smiled weakly at the distraught look on Sora’s face, and reached out a hand to Sora, Keytaker to Keywielder. Sora, tears glistening on his face as if he knew what was happening, reached out his hand and shook his hand, the two touching for a moment, before Haerthos heard Sora sniffle, and he knew that he was gone. He belonged to the Keyblade again…

Haerthos stood wordlessly, watching the distraught look on Sora’s face as Riku comforted him, and Mickey looked confused from one to the other, his face showing the lost expression he had worn since Sora’s breakdown.
“What’s wrong Haerthos?” he whispered quietly to the now invisible spirit, staring at Sora’s now quiet face, “Why did Sora…”
“I’ll tell you why,” interrupted a voice from above, and Haerthos and Mickey looked up to see a dark figure emerge from the shadows of the laboratory. He wore a dark brown trench coat, with shadowy black combat fatigues underneath, like a shadowy darkness imprisoned within the earth, ready to unleash its fury at any second. The trench coat opened up to reveal a similar black neck scarf, and his pale skin was topped by a coating of mousey blond hair. Haerthos tensed, reaching for his pack as he saw the familiar red slitted eye of an Ultima peeking from beneath his eyelid, but the figure put his hands up in the universal sign of peace and replied coolly. “No I’m not an Ultima,” he said, grinning as he pointed to his second eye, and sure enough when Haerthos looked, his second eye was grey-blue, sparkling in the twilight of the laboratory like a pale river stone in the light of the moon. Haerthos relaxed his hands for a second, and all of a sudden the man accelerated forward like a dart from a blowgun, a light flashing in his hand like lightning. Haerthos reacted a second too late, and he found himself pinned on the ground with a doubled ended lance at his throat in a matter of seconds. The figure pinning him down grinned and stood, backing away twirling his lance with one hand. “To quick to let your guard down,” he commented, surveying Haerthos with ease, twirling the lance so it glittered in the burning flames of the broken console, “For all you know I could be an advanced form of Nobody.” Haerthos growled and launched himself at the figure, not caring about how this character could see him in the first place, but the man easily sidestepped his attack, and smacked him on the back of the head with the flat of his lance. Haerthos was quick to recover this time, somersaulting as he hit the ground, pulling a grade 7 liquid nitrogen fire extinguisher from his pack in the same movement. Spinning around on one knee as he hit the ground, he let loose a torrent of icy liquid that he used for Sora’s blizzard attack, and he grinned in triumph as the figure was knocked to the ground by the artic blast. He grinned one second too soon. The figure backflipped as he was knocked down, landing on his feet as the icy coldness covered his body. He casually brushed off the ice on his trench coat, and raised his lance to attack again. Haerthos was ready this time, leaping to the side and spraying again with the liquid nitrogen like the breath of some icy dragon. The figure barely managed to dodge the onslaught of freezing liquid, and prepared to leap at Haerthos’s moving body. He noticed a second to late that his leg was frozen solid. Haerthos grinned in triumph, leaping in to beat that sorry excuse for a… but of course, that thought was interrupted when he collided with the shaft of the figure’s doubled ended lance, flinging him backward like basketball from a backboard. He fell backward, skidding across the now icy floor like a stone across a pond, and as he slid to a halt, he heard the King crying out for this to stop, and saw Sora staring in wonder at the iciness that had apparently come out of nowhere.

He stood to find the King lecturing the man in the trench coat, while trying to chip away at frozen leg with his lance.
“Wyrda,” Haerthos heard the King say, trying to use the man’s lance to chip away at the ice, “You said you were here to help us! We can’t have you clashing with Haerthos the first time we meet!”
“Sorry your majesty,” the man said apologetically, and tried to lend a hand while the King chipped away at the frozen mass that was his leg. Haerthos hesitated for a bit, before deciding he might as well lend a hand. He strode over to the King and this Wyrda guy, and pulled a grade 4 flamethrower from his pack.
“You might want to get out of the way, Your Majesty,” he told Mickey, aiming the flamethrower, and turning it down to the lowest setting, “We don’t want anyone to get burned here.” Wyrda grinned nervously at Haerthos’s dry humor, and didn’t flinch once as he melted the ice off his opponent’s leg. Wyrda flexed it carefully and picked up his lance from where he had dropped it on the floor.
“It seems you do have better reflexes,” he muttered, tapping his leg to get the numbness out, and reached a gloved hand to greet Haerthos, “Name’s Wyrda.”
“Yeah I figured” muttered Haerthos, grudgingly accepting Wyrda’s hand, surprised now that he could touch and see Haerthos at all, “How can you… well… uh…” Wyrda laughed and pointed to his oddly colored eyes.
“I’ve been issued with first class spiritual detection contacts,” he said, motioning to his eyes, and then pointing to his body, “I’ve also been sprayed with spiritual interaction fluid, so I can touch and fight you.” Haerthos nodded in recognition of the two standard government issue attire, and turned to face Sora and Riku, who were both wide eyed, like little kids seeing there first Heartless. Okay, minus the terrifying run for cover part.
“Reckon we should fill them in on what’s happening?” whispered Haerthos as Mickey went over to talk to the panicking Sora.
“Might as well,” said Wyrda, sheathing his lance with the flash of a self-delivery system, “There some things you might want to hear about this too.” Haerthos nodded and they both walked to Sora and Riku, side by side like they had been walking that way since the beginning of time.

“This wasn’t exactly what I had in mind,” whispered Haerthos to Wyrda as they sat watching a holo-video of the ‘Wonderous World of Spirits,’ with Sora and Riku entranced as they watched the standard introductory video that explained the anomaly of spiritual beings, “I kinda expected we’d sit down, and explain all the weird happenings that have been going on ourselves. You know, not by watching a holo-vid about it.”
“You’ve been watching too many corny TV shows,” said Wyrda, his eyes fixed on the film projector as it neared the end, “In real life, the most efficient way works.” Haerthos grumbled about wanting to tell Sora the truth about his magic tricks and that wizard con guy, but Wyrda ignored him as the film ended, and Sora and Riku applauded as Wyrda picked up the image-projector and Mickey took up the role of teacher.
“So class, what did we learn today?” he asked, always true to the rules of the game, and Sora shot his hand in the air while Riku looked down in embarrassment. Haerthos thoroughly agreed with him, and covered his eyes, ashamed as Sora recited the facts about spirits like a good little boy.
“I can’t believe I’m still chained to this kid,” he moaned silently to himself as Sora put two and two together in his head, his eyes widening as the meaning of it all clicked.
“So…” Riku spoke for Sora, running his hand through his silvery hair, thinking, “So that man we just saw disappear… was a spirit?”
“Yes,” replied Mickey, his big round ears quivering like giant black bells quivering in the night, “That was Haerthos. And he cares for your Keyblade, Sora.” Sora gasped and Riku nodded understandingly. Haerthos breathed a sigh of relief as finally Sora understood the true power of the Keyblade. Maybe now he would get a little credit.

“So spirits, like this Haerthos guy, take care of the Keyblades as a punishment for some terrible crime,” said Riku, his eyebrows furrowed in thought, “And these punishments are issued by this government called… uh… the government. Right?”
“Yes,” said Wyrda, leaning against the white laboratory, his eyes focused on the invisible Haerthos, “The government is the organization that created the prototype Keyblade and discovered the existence of other worlds. They have bases on several worlds, under different codenames, secretly united in case something threatens all worlds.”
“Then why haven’t they been with us against the Heartless? Or the Nobodies?” shouted Riku, angry that the man had been sticking it to them all these years. Wyrda closed his mouth and stared off into the distance, leaving Mickey to do the rest of the talking. “Riku,” he said gently, trying to reach and put a hand on his shoulder, but it didn’t work so he settled for holding his hand, “From what Wyrda and Haerthos have told me, the government has been to help fight those enemies. They just had to do it in secret as to not alert the other worlds of their existence. Haerthos tells me the government provides him funding to help Sora fight, and a lot of the coincidences that have happened over the past few years weren’t just coincidences. When we were fighting Xehanort’s heartless, why do you think Sora was given the Keyblade? The government had to provide their prototype weapon, something so powerful it might destroy all worlds. But they trusted that you and Sora could handle the responsibility and power. And you did. The worlds were safe. And they have allowed you to keep the Keyblades, when they could have easily wiped your mind and taken them back.” Riku and Sora both flinched at the idea their Keyblades could be taken at the touch of a button, and Haerthos grinned now that Sora knew that wielding the Keyblade didn’t give you as much freedom as you thought. “So now,” Mickey continued, and Wyrda on cue, fired up the projector again and a tall, powerful looking man appeared, a live video image projected onto the air. Sora and Riku gasped at the sudden appearance of the man, and Haerthos grimaced as he saw the face of the man that had made his life so miserable. Wyrda straightened slightly and spoke almost in a bored voice.
“Ladies and gentlemen,” he said, waving at the screen with his free hand, yawning slightly, “The President, Director, and CEO of the government, Chuck Norris, is online.”

Okay, the update is finally done. i hope you all liked it :) Keyblade smitey, I hope you were satisfied with the way I worked your character, and I hope I stayed true to the way you created him. Next update coming after new posts, so please reply with your thoughts and critiques. PS. NO SHOOTING EACH OTHER PLEASE!!!

Thanks, and have good lives.

Awards
Drifting along, with no destination in sight...
o yea! awsome update! ok 1 major thing i liked and 1 funny thing i want to see.

major liking:
yes! yes! YES!!! CHUCK NORRIS IS CEO! YES! YES! Y-E-S! YES!

what i want to see:
sora realizes when he "unlocked kairi's beltbuckle it was actually Haerthos! :lol:

but yea that was one sweet update cyberseraph!

Keyblade Smitey

I LOVE IT!!!!!!

So awesome that I finally got a character of mine to make a cameo! Thank you sooooooo much! You portrayed him just as I would!

But... Chuck Norris as president? Wyrda's boss? Wierd, but somehow cool.

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
Okay, here's the next update. I'm glad that you liked the way I portrayed your character Keyblade Smitey, and I hope I continue to do it in the future. I'm sorry you didn't like Chuck as the President but I couldn't think of a made up character for the part and the first person to pop into my mind was Chuck Norris. I problabley won't portray him as most people like, but I hope people won't flame me anyway. Thanks for my two biggest fans for replying with your thoughts and suggestions, and here's the next part of the story.

PS Starting this new arc of the story is tougher then I thought, so please excuse me as I get used to the new angle of the story.

Haerthos stared at the man who had utterly ruined his life and chained him to the Keyblade for five thousand years. Back then he had just been a lowly attorney; prosecuting him for the crime he had committed. Unfortunately, he was a really good attorney, and having a roundhouse kick that could smash through brick walls didn’t help either. Chuck Norris had him gift wrapped, eaten and spat out in half an hour. Needless to say, Haerthos was guilty from the word Go. It seems he was moving up in the world now.
“Haerthos,” smiled Chuck, ahem, President Norris, and nodded slightly in his direction, “It’s been a while hasn’t it?”
“Not long enough,” muttered Haerthos, avoiding eye contact but murmuring it loud enough for the camera to pick up. President Norris sighed as if he had been expecting this.
“Can’t let go of the past can you,” he sighed, moving around the holo-screen to sit at a large oaken desk, “We’re all fighting a common enemy now Haerthos. Or should I call you 66728 now?” Haerthos growled at the mention of his criminal number, and leapt for the holographic president, who laughed has Haerthos went crashing through him. “You could do that all day for what I care, but you better listen at the same time, because you’re going to want to hear this too.” He turned to Riku and Sora, who were looking at him like he was crazy. He supposed he would of done that too if the president of the galaxy was talking to a blank patch of air. “I suppose that Wyrda and the King have given you the low down about spirits?” Sora nodded and Riku spoke up.

“Well we know that they’re these genetic enhancements of former humans, created by some sort of machine,” he said, remembering the machine that had turned people into Heartless, “And they are turned into that as some sort of punishment for a major crime, so they can care for the Keyblades. And this guy everyone is talking about, Hartford, is the spirit that cares for Sora’s Keyblade.”
“That’s Haerthos,” muttered Haerthos, insulted that Riku couldn’t even pronounce his name right. It’s not like it was some foreign dialect. Try pronouncing the name of his dead mother in law, Zabhsahlalahsreham. Now that was a mouthful.
“It’s Haerthos,” repeated President Norris to Riku, “But yes you are essentially right. I also am assuming that you know what we’re up against?”
“Well I remember something about this virus inside spirits that makes them all crazy and stuff.”

President Norris nodded and continued, “The Ultima Virus, and yes, that is what we’re up against right now. I assume you all remember Xenahort from your last venture?” They all nodded and the President continued, “Well officially Xenahort was the vice president of the Experimental Science and Weapons section of LIGHT Industries, the company that had manufactured the prototype Keyblade. As you know, unofficially, he was the head of a shadowy organization called Organization XIII, an organization that used stolen technology to create weapons and machines to research and manipulate darkness. But after you stopped his latest escapade, a 'runaway' project of his called 'Ansem,' had tried to open a secret governement vault codenamed, 'Kingdom Hearts,' his devious actions were brought out into the open, and his public image ruined. He was left jobless and penniless on the streets. As you know, it was not over yet.
After you all stopped his other crimes, including illegal memory modifying experiments and another attempt on Kingdom Hearts, we thought he had been destroyed completely. But somehow, the original Xenahort came back, and he’s up to no good again.”

He let his words wash over them for a moment and then continued with his elegant speech, but Haerthos knew some hot intern in the presidential household wrote it for him. “From what we have discerned,” continued the president, that being mainly what Haerthos had told them, “Xenahort has somehow stolen technology from Kingdom Hearts and used it to create this lab. In this lab it seems he was conducting illegal spiritual experiments, trying to create a being of pure Ultima Virus.” Sora looked at him quizzically and President Norris took time to explain.
“The Ultima Virus is an extremely unstable genetic mutation that occurs when creating a spirit from human. It activates due to trauma, intense stress, adrenaline, you get the point. When the Ultima Virus is exposed to those elements, it unleashes huge amounts of testosterone, muscles cells, strength, heat, power, and practically limitless energy,” the president rattled on, the two boys absorbing it with wide eyes, and Wyrda yawning as if he’d heard this all before, “This has something to do with spirits lacking an actual body to house all this energy. But at any rate, if this creature Xenahort has created is a being made entirely of Ultima Energy, then we are in very big trouble. A thing with limitless energy isn’t going to go down without a fight.” Sora nodded, and Riku smiled as the president finally began to speak his language.

“So we find it, kick its butt, and job’s over?” said Riku, his eyes showing his disbelief, “Sounds a bit too easy for me.” Sora nodded in agreement and the president sighed at the youngsters’ incomprehension. Haerthos groaned and was trying to tell the King to tell them something, but Wyrda, who had been leaning very quietly against the wall, spoke up.
“You two haven’t seen an spirit gone Ultima before, have you?” he said, quietly standing straight and folding his arms, looking at Sora and Riku with his mismatched eyes, “Let me tell you something, its not a pretty sight.” Sora nodded, trying to imagine the man he’d seen before as a monstrous creature, or something, but Riku snorted and stood up, staring Wyrda straight in the eye.
“We’ve dealt with giant armies of Heartless,” he said, his vibrant blue eyes contrasting sharply with Wyrda’s red and bluegreen ones, “We’ve fought an illegal organization, eliminating all 13 members, all of which were older and not restrained by morals or hearts. I’ve fought darkness within myself and controlled, fighting it back until it would obey my every command. Sora wields the most powerful weapon in history, and he’s just a kid. We’ve commanded armies, fought wars, and saved all worlds three times. I think we’re ready to take on one guy.” Wyrda stared at Riku intensely, and Riku stared back with equal strength. They stared at each other, unmoving as the Haerthos felt the sparks begin to fly between them. This trip was going to be loads of fun, he could tell. Wyrda closed his eyes for a sec, as if trying to figure out the exact way to say what he was trying to say. He finally opened his mouth slowly and his voice was icy as he faced Riku with a cold expression.

“A spirit gone Ultima is the worst possible thing you could be facing right now,” whispered Wyrda, his voice so monotone and cold it was beginning to freak out Haerthos, and Wyrda advanced slowly on Riku, “From what we have discerned, Xenahort has sucked everything out of a spirit except the Ultima, leaving you with just energy. And you know what this energy does? It destroys. It kills; it crushes everything in its path. And do you know why? Because it can… That’s the whole point of a thing made out of Ultima. It doesn’t think, it just acts and reacts. It does what its power can do, flushing everything out until there’s nothing left. We’re talking about something with more instinct then a Heartless, smarter then a Nobody, no body to limit its abilities, and most importantly,” he paused for effect, “It is made of energy. You know the laws of science, energy can’t be destroyed! This thing is a walking, immortal… weapon, and we can’t treat it like some Nobody on steroids!” Riku stood quietly for a moment, staring at Wyrda, immobile as his silver hair rustled in the wind. Finally, he walked away, and sat down, his eyebrows furrowed in thought, and Wyrda turned back to lean against his spot on the wall. The King coughed uncomfortably and the president started talking again as if he was used to this all the time.

“Now you see why I can’t just roundhouse this thing to the end of the world” President Norris continued, shuffling some notes on his desk and, looking back at them through the holo-projection, “We need a plan, and fortunately, this time, you’ll have the government’s full support. We’re tripling your current government funding, giving you full access to government utilities, and I’m lending you Wyrda, the government's top soldier in the global army. We also have some of the best strategists online to help you come up with a plan if you need it.” The King nodded as if he was prepared to hear this, and Wyrda just nodded to Haerthos to acknowledge this was true. But Haerthos had one question…
“Hey Chuck,” asked Haerthos disrespectfully, and the president turned to look at him, “What about my sentence? I broke the law you know. Again.” President Norris turned a wry smile on his face and replied, “We’ve looked at your case very carefully, and the court has decided to grant you amnesty. If you defeat the Ultima of course,” he continued, seeing the disbelief on Haerthos’s face. Haerthos paused, pondering his options. It was win-win situation, he either died fighting this genetic mutation of his love or died when he beat her. He nodded and the president made a note in his book, and turned to face Riku, Sora, the King, Wyrda, and Haerthos, a grim look upon his face like a cloud upon the blue sky. “This is going to be your toughest fight yet, and I really do mean that,” he said, motioning to the five of them with a muscular hand, “You’re going to need the most help you can get on this one, so I suggest you plan your plan out VERY carefully before you fight an immortal weapon as Wyrda called it. Remember, you are the Keyblade wielders, bearing the most powerful personal weapon utility in the modern age. The Keyblades bear power unimaginable, they even carry abilities our scientists don’t know about, so use them with care. Any questions before we’re done here?” Sora motioned to Riku, and whispered something in his ear. Riku nodded and asked loudly, “Sora’s wondering if Haerthos was with him ALL the time since he got the Keyblade.” President Norris nodded, and stood up from his desk.

“Yes,” he replied, packing his notes back into his bag, and walking toward the door in his holographic office, “The Keytaker sees all that you do and does whatever you want the Keyblade to do. You know, open locks, unlock treasure chests, you name it. I just hope you didn’t do anything too embarrassing…” Sora paled, obviously remembering the scene with Kairi on the beach, and the president laughed and looked at the King for a second. “Your Majesty, a word before you go?” the President obviously had a great respect for the little mouse, and the King nodded as Wyrda adjusted the volume so only mouse ears could hear what the President was saying, and the King and the President entered into a deep secret conversation, while Wyrda walked over to Haerthos, who watching Riku trying to comfort the gagging Sora.
“What’s eating him?” asked Wyrda, motioning to the vomiting Sora, and Haerthos just smiled. He had already checked his minicomputer’s thought decoder, and read Sora’s mind. Apparently the boy had just put two and two together, and realized who exactly had unlocked Kairi’s belt buckle on the beach at Destiny Islands.
“No idea,” Haerthos laughed as Sora let loose another squelching blast of sickness, with Riku patting him on the back uncertainly.

While Haerthos and Wyrda were having their laugh at Sora’s expense, the King was listening worriedly to what the president was telling him.
“So what can we do about this?” he asked worriedly, looking at the laughing Wyrda.
“There’s nothing you really can do about it,” answered the President, looking carefully at Wyrda and Haerthos mingling, “Wyrda’s been a wild card ever since he got into the army. He’s always going against commands, doing things his own way, not following the rules of combat. He goes by his own sense of justice, oblivious to the rules of war.”
“So, are you saying he’s going to be trouble?” said the King carefully, looking over his shoulder at Wyrda, “I thought you said he was going to be a great asset to our venture.”
“He is,” said the President, nodding vigorously, “He is the greatest fighter in the Army of the Superior Government. He’s the best in his class at strategy, he’s amazing with that lance of his, and he also knows how to use the majority of sidearms on this side of the galaxy. If there’s anyone who can help you the most, it’s him.”
“So then why are you telling me this,” asked the King angrily, his large ears quivering with frustration, “I have enough do deal with right now without having to worry about our newest recruit.”

“I’m telling you,” continued the President, plainly trying to spell it out for the King, “Because Wyrda won’t listen to you if he feels something is the wrong way to do it. He goes by what he thinks is right, not by rules or regulations. I’m just saying that you might run into a lot of trouble with him when Xenahort starts with his evil stuff. He won’t listen to reason when he sees evil working. You’re going to have a tough time with him on surveillance and recon.”
“So what do you suggest?” asked the King in the same frustrated tone as before.
“I’m just saying keep a close eye on him,” stated President Norris, standing to leave, “He may be… difficult to control.”
“We’ll handle it,” said the King flatly to the leaving President, who then turned and sighed as he looked at the mouse King.
“Remember, your majesty,” President Norris said quietly, his eyes sharpening until they were as deadly as knife blades, “You may be a King on a different world now, but in the end you are still the operative under the government and you’ll do well to remember that.”
The King’s eyes sharpened and his ears went stiff, a sure sign he was angry now.
“My contract with you ended when you left me to deal with Ansem’s apprentice myself,” the King whispered quietly, staring at the holographic image of the President, “You were supposed to keep an eye on Ansem the Wise’s research when I contacted him. Instead you let him continue, hoping for some major breakthrough so you could use his technology to control the worlds better. And looked what happened. Sora and Riku’s lives have been destroyed because you used them as your guinea pigs. I’ve been away from my kingdom and wife because of the governments blunders. Friendships have been eradicated, worlds erased, people torn apart. And I want no more part of the government that did it.” King Mickey’s eyes were axe blades as he stared down the leader of this government he was talking about. The president met the stare with equal enthusiasm, and they caught each other in the eyes, locked in a fiery grip as the sparks flew from one to the other. They battled mentally; will against will, trying to force the other to look away.

His Majesty won, and the president slowly turned to walk off screen, but he turned to face the angry King, and sighed.
“I’m sorry, your majesty,” he whispered with his back turned to the mouse king, “What happened in the past was our fault, and we accept responsibility for it. But there were certain events that required our lack of participation. You will understand in time about politics.”
“That’s why I don’t play these political games,” said the King, noticing President Norris’s sadness, “They take away from the people instead of giving to them.”
“Maybe that’s why the government has stayed secret all this time,” said President Norris sadly, “To hide from the mistakes we’ve made.” He turned to stare at the King, a determined look in his eyes. “There are times where I wish I was still Walker Texas Ranger, but they voted for me and now I got to make the best of what we got. This means I’m telling you what we know and what we can do for you. The government has changed your Majesty, and we’re trying to help you this time!” He was shouting now, and the King backed away, looking worried now. If the leader of the most powerful government in the galaxy was cracking now, they didn’t stand a chance, however corrupt it used to be. The president turned again and motioned to the back of his neck, where the signature letter G of the government stood branded on his neck, plain, yet threatening as the King stared at the familiar mark. “Once you’re in the government, you never truly leave,” said President Norris, and he flicked his wrist, deactivating the holo-disk from afar, and the air went blank in front of the King.

King Mickey sat there for a while, a rush of his thoughts swirling in his head. Norris was right, he knew it, but it pained him deeply to think he was working for the same government that had abandoned him last time. And know he had to worry about Wyrda too… He sighed, turning to face the others, his worries weighing him down like the chains binding Haerthos to Sora. His eyes went from the laughing Haerthos, to the silent Wyrda, to the comforting Riku, and then the vomiting Sora. Haerthos turned and looked up at the King, his familiar eyes lifting the weight from his tiny shoulders, and he felt himself rise, as the pressure was lifted, the familiarity of their group lifting him up. This was the same group as always, naive Sora, battle hardened Riku, money conscious Haerthos, and the new fellow, Wyrda. They weren’t any different then they had been for the past three years. They were the same, independent group they were before. They didn’t belong to the government. The King reached up behind his ear and scratched at the little black G etched into his skin, as if it was some sort of annoying bug, but his hand dropped, as he stared at his team mates and friends, the warm feeling of kindred beings together flowing through his miniscule body. He laughed. This adventure was going to be just like the others. He wasn’t going to let any government get in the way of that.

All right that's the next update, and I hope you liked it. Please reply with further comments and suggestions, and I hope you enjoy the story as it continues.

Have good lives!

PS Credit for the character Wyrda goes to my fan, Keyblade Smitey.

Also applause for sh im playin kh2, my other biggest fan, who always suprises me for his warming comments, and his funny remarks.

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the reply sh im playin kh2. UNfortunatley I'm suffering from lack of inspiration and I'm having a hard time thinking of the next chapter in my story. I need some time to come up with an idea and the it's probably not going to be that good. So keep the thread alive while I brainstorm, OK? Thanks.

Also, where's Keyblade Smitey? He hasn't been on in a while... Oh well...

So thanks for all your replies and bear with me as I try to come up witht he next chapter.

PS I also think I found a glitch in the fic, and I'm trying to fix it now.

Last edited:

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Erm... -raises hand- Might I suggest something? D: -wiggles arms-

...DON'T put your paragraphs into big HUGE blocks. It makes it uninteresting if they're in those big 5+ sentences paragraphs. .__. Break up your paragraphs after each quote, put quotes by themselves, and... erm... remember that every paragraph ends when the subject changes! :D;

Yush. Sorries, I must be helpful. -bows- Hopefully that improves your fic a little bit! ^^; Much luck to you on it! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back