• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chirithy's birth clarification vs. What Nomura said

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheForeteller

"Chirithy's Birth
(A voice sounds from the darkness.)
???:The world was darkness.
(Chirithy appears, floating in a test tube of light.)
Chirithy:But, the world I was born into was engulfed in light and was very dazzling.
(Chirithy is engulfed by light. He reappears with his cape and pouch.)
Chirithy:My master, he who brought me into this world, looked at me inside the light with a smile. "

"Before my master, He who created me, disappeared, He bestowed His six followers with new names, and gave five of them a tome of prophecy."
These five followers, who were to become the Foretellers, read the future written in the tome.
Apparently a passage written on the last page shocked them
"The war in that place will lead to the defeat and destruction of the Light. The World will be enveloped in eternal Darkness."
In order to save the future World, the five Foretellers thought to use the power hidden in the tome of prophecy.
That's the power you are all using now."

^^
So if I am reading this right, Chirithy was created by the Master of Masters but apart from that entity was brought up by a regular master keyblader aka a Foreteller?

Because that first bit of translation by Goldpanner seems wish washy...if a master brought them into the world then how the hell can that same master leave if they are bringing it up in the world?

Furthermore I read this interview with Nomura http://www.khinsider.com/news/Dengeki-Playstation-Mini-Interview-with-Tetsuya-Nomura-6115 (he seems to be saying MoM is Chirthy's creator; if that's the case is Goldpanners translation off or is the game naturally wordy like that???) that seemed to confuse the bolded parts at the top even more.

I guess what would clarify this for me would be what they mean by brought me into this world. Do they mean created them or raise them (or both)?

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I don't understand your problem. Obviously if the MoM created Chirithy they could also leave? It's not like Chirithy's existence is dependent on the MoM being around post-birth? "Brought me into this world" =/= raised me.

TheForeteller

I don't understand your problem. Obviously if the MoM created Chirithy they could also leave? It's not like Chirithy's existence is dependent on the MoM being around post-birth? "Brought me into this world" =/= raised me.

So am I reading it right that MoM created them but someone else brought them up? Master and before my master seems to imply two entities.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I think you're focusing too much on the phrase "brought into this world" it's really just fancy talk for "created me"/"caused me to be born". I also don't know why you're focusing on the "before my master". It doesn't imply two entities, really. Basically, Chirithy was created and then, some time later, the Master gave his apprentices the Book of Prophecy and then disappeared.

TheForeteller

I think you're focusing too much on the phrase "brought into this world" it's really just fancy talk for "created me"/"caused me to be born". I also don't know why you're focusing on the "before my master". It doesn't imply two entities, really. Basically, Chirithy was created and then, some time later, the Master gave his apprentices the Book of Prophecy and then disappeared.

Well if you read it as my master (aka a Foreteller bringing them up/raising them) but the Master of Master was the creator it further adds to the theorizing on who is who. So far in the series you have Ansem the Wise, Xehanort who were into those experiments and such. Kairi's grandma seems to know some of the past events and if I remember correctly Yen Sid seems to be relatively aware of the past. So any one of these people could have a slight chance of strong plot connect.

We don't really know if Chirithy is meant to be an evil creation but if I assume for a second they are relatively good then I could easily picture for example Yen Sid using hocus pocus magic and smile upon the creation... then hide in his castle like the suspicious mofo he is. I suppose if MoM raised and created Chirithy it takes away some of the speculation as one less person we have to figure out in terms of there role.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
As I mentioned, nowhere does it talk about who raised them. It's referring to Chirithy's creation, which was at the hand of the Master of Masters, not the Foretellers. Chirithy use of "my master" is referring to the MoM

As for you theories on their identity, that's a separate issue, but I should point out that the story thus far is leading us to believe the entire thing is set millenia in the past so those characters wouldn't really be around to influence the plot in a direct way.

TheForeteller

As I mentioned, nowhere does it talk about who raised them. It's referring to Chirithy's creation, which was at the hand of the Master of Masters, not the Foretellers. Chirithy use of "my master" is referring to the MoM

As for you theories on their identity, that's a separate issue, but I should point out that the story thus far is leading us to believe the entire thing is set millenia in the past so those characters wouldn't really be around to influence the plot in a direct way.

Well in terms of age Yen Sid could be 300 years old for all we know. Xehanort could easily be 80 going on 90 or whatever the case may be. Age is rarely brought up in KH minus SRK and AVT. As for the whole creation thing, ok whatever I guess Chirithy likes to talk in circles. In other words the MoM brought me up and before my MoM, you know the one that created me (MoM) left and yadda yadda.

Edit: Oh shoot. I get it, I think before my master is referring to us (the current master they serve). Wooow good job Square...so troll. They could have avoided this by just saying before you my master or before you.

On the plus side, now I can speculate who MoM is.

Last edited:

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards
Well in terms of age Yen Sid could be 300 years old for all we know. Xehanort could easily be 80 going on 90 or whatever the case may be. Age is rarely brought up in KH minus SRK and AVT. As for the whole creation thing, ok whatever I guess Chirithy likes to talk in circles. In other words the MoM brought me up and before my MoM, you know the one that created me left and yadda yadda.

Actually it is likely that Eraqus, Xehanort, and Yen Sid are all around the same age given that all the hints point to them being fellow pupils under a single Master. But I digress.

TheForeteller

Actually it is likely that Eraqus, Xehanort, and Yen Sid are all around the same age given that all the hints point to them being fellow pupils under a single Master. But I digress.

But wasn't he saying much like them he was a Keyblade Master. That doesn't mean he was in there ranks per say.

Well Yen Sid did say "There was a time when I walked the path of the Keyblade Master alongside Eraqus and Xehanort."

I would laugh if Nomura and co retcon that time difference and make Eraqus, Xehanort, Yen Sid, Kairi's Grandma, Ephemera and Lady Ava be the Foretellers. It would be pretty epic though. All characters we were introduced to at some point with the exception of Ava (unless Sora's mom) and Ephemera.

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
As for the whole creation thing, ok whatever I guess Chirithy likes to talk in circles. In other words the MoM brought me up and before my MoM, you know the one that created me (MoM) left and yadda yadda.

Edit: Oh shoot. I get it, I think before my master is referring to us (the current master they serve). Wooow good job Square...so troll. They could have avoided this by just saying before you my master or before you..
Uh, Chirithy is not really talking in circles. You're quoting from two separate scenes that aren't, like, happening chronologically right after another (and again, you are focusing so much on "brought me up" which, again, is not what is being said in either scene). I really think you just kind of misread the scene and then got confused because it's pretty straight forward...

EDIT: As for why your original post disappeared, I believe you edited it to add a link to an interview and since your account is so new, the presence of a link automatically triggered spam filters, putting your comment into moderation. So until a mod comes around and approves it, everyone is just going to be confused about what we're talking about lol.

TheForeteller

Uh, Chirithy is not really talking in circles. You're quoting from two separate scenes that aren't, like, happening chronologically right after another (and again, you are focusing so much on "brought me up" which, again, is not what is being said in either scene). I really think you just kind of misread the scene and then got confused because it's pretty straight forward...

EDIT: As for why your original post disappeared, I believe you edited it to add a link to an interview and since your account is so new, the presence of a link automatically triggered spam filters, putting your comment into moderation. So until a mod comes around and approves it, everyone is just going to be confused about what we're talking about lol.

I know it's two separate scenes. I still find it a bit wordy personally. But to each there own. I am starting to wonder how far back in time Square is willing to go in the future of the franchise. This game definitely interests me. Too bad it aint out in NA. At least Goldpanner was nice enough to translate for us though. Good point, that's probably why the post disappeared.

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards
I know it's two separate scenes. I still find it a bit wordy personally. But to each there own. I am starting to wonder how far back in time Square is willing to go in the future of the franchise. This game definitely interests me. Too bad it aint out in NA. At least Goldpanner was nice enough to translate for us though. Good point, that's probably why the post disappeared.
Well in terms of age Yen Sid could be 300 years old for all we know. Xehanort could easily be 80 going on 90 or whatever the case may be. Age is rarely brought up in KH minus SRK and AVT. As for the whole creation thing, ok whatever I guess Chirithy likes to talk in circles. In other words the MoM brought me up and before my MoM, you know the one that created me (MoM) left and yadda yadda.

Edit: Oh shoot. I get it, I think before my master is referring to us (the current master they serve). Wooow good job Square...so troll. They could have avoided this by just saying before you my master or before you.

On the plus side, now I can speculate who MoM is.
Chi is set before the Keyblade War, in the "age of fairytales" when the worlds were still one. None of our current characters would have existed back then.
Famitsu said:
So we will be enjoying the story in how KH Unchained X relates to KHIII.
Nomura: That's right. Leading to KHIII, it's the most ancient story in the series, and Sora and gang wouldn't be in these worlds... it will take a look on what has happened a long time ago.

I thought that Chirithy was rather straightforward about it in both scenes.

Chirithy: My master, he who brought me into this world, looked at me inside the light with a smile.
Before my master, He who created me, disappeared,
He bestowed His six followers with new names, and gave five of them a tome of prophecy.

TheForeteller

Chi is set before the Keyblade War, in the "age of fairytales" when the worlds were still one. None of our current characters would have existed back then.

I thought that Chirithy was rather straightforward about it in both scenes.

I would laugh if they retcon that time difference a bit. Personally, seeing too many new characters might rub me the wrong way. And most ancient in the story can just mean in terms of being the older timeline of all games played up until now. 30 years for example would still be ancient in my books. Unless Nomura flat out is like think 1000 years in the past now double it (but I wont tell you the actual time).

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Unless Nomura flat out is like think 1000 years in the past now double it (but I wont tell you the actual time).
That is what he is implying by "ancient" and "age of fairytales"

30 years is not ancient when we're talking about a universe changing moment that there are literal legends about and that Xehanort was so obsessed with seeing that he spent his life (and more) trying to recreate.

TheForeteller

30 years is not ancient when we're talking about a universe changing moment that there are literal legends about and that Xehanort was so obsessed with seeing that he spent his life (and more) trying to recreate.

I guess, all a matter of personal opinion though. I would laugh really hard if Xehanort rears his head lmao. Same with anyone else like Yen Sid. But if he did I am sure people would still eat it up.

Anyways, this thread can be closed now./

faemarch

Ansem's Apprentice
Awards

And, Master Xehanort blatantly refers to the Keyblade War as to have happened in "ancient times" and the X-blade from that time period as "the stuff of legends" in the Xehanort Reports. As he is far past 30 by BBS, it would be implausible to think that the Keyblade War took less than a couple centuries beforehand.

TheForeteller

And, Master Xehanort blatantly refers to the Keyblade War as to have happened in "ancient times" and the X-blade from that time period as "the stuff of legends" in the Xehanort Reports. As he is far past 30 by BBS, it would be implausible to think that the Keyblade War took less than a couple centuries beforehand.

He's a dirty traitor/liar. Jkjk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back