• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chocobo's?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartless1990

KrytenKoro said:
Yes, in fact I got 100%, and the story clearly says that the Cetra civilization which created the Gardens and Lunatic Pandora (the Cetra excavation site) was destroyed in the last Lunar Cry (when the monsters come down). You know, that big crater that blocks the way to Esthar? That's where the Last Lunar Cry hit. Also, Odin's base-thingy: It's called Cetra Ruins, and the continent is called Cetra. Hmmmm.. An ancient race that built massive magical machines powered by innately earthy forces, and was destroyed by monsters from space...I wonder where we have heard that before?

Yes I played the game--I also listened to the story instead of just going around randomly killing things.

Oh, and about telling them they're wrong: go do that, and tell me how much they laugh at you in their response.

And by the way, FFVII and FFVIII were designed to be similar games, due to the success of FFVII. I never said either was supposed to be a sequel, that they were exactly the same, or even that they are officially the same world. However, it is NOT official that every FF game has a different world (and this is patently false according to FFT, FFTA, FFXII, FFX, FFX-2, etc.), and what I said is that I thought KH was Nomura's way of nodding to the fact that they are designed to be similar (along with ingame errata or jokes like Zell's My Final Heaven, his grandfather was a spiky-haired soldier with a big sword, while his grandmother ran a bar, etc.) Obviously, the timeline in KH doesn't work, that is obvious. But the worlds are similar, which is what I was saying.

WTH?! Ugh!!! Okay, I'm not quoting all that because it's 10:20PM for me nd I'm flippin' going to say you're SO DAMN WRONG. O GOD!!! KILL ME!!! I have to send some letters to Square and CORRECT YOU ON THIS!!! FFVIII was actually FFVII's failure counterpart, dude. It didn't make as much sales as FFVII but the feel of the game felt similar.

Dude, from what you're saying, FFVIII is like Windwaker and FFVII is Link to the Past. I don't think so dude. You're making it seem like Final Fantasy itself is like the Legend of Zelda, each game having similar aspects but the story different. Dammit, and you might as will inquote the stupid gravestone on the SNES for Final Fantasy that said "Here lies Link"! You might as well think Final Fantasy one was the same world as Hyrule -_-

Dude, I don't know how you somehow thought all this up but I am absolutely sure you're not right. Ugh, we're going to keep flaming each other about this and I seriously doubt we'll end this. Whatever. Someone PLEASE back me up here. This is like that stupid argument about whether Sora was 15 or 16. It's as if you were representing those who said 16 and I'm the one who said 16.

I congratulate you on finding all these details. But you don't really expect just because a few details are the same that the games coincide do you? (As you can tell, my tone has weakened). I read and play my FF games over and over again. Once is not enough for me. FFVII, I know the story by heart. And FFVIII I don't know as well but come on...A lot of FF games share similar things. Rikku's Godhand, for example, was used as weapons by Tifa and Zell but I see no resemblence or significance in that similarity. The Ultima Weapon is something passed through the tradition of Final Fantasy but isn't expected to be the same weapon, unlike the Master Sword in LoZ (I'm getting out of hand with the LoZ -_-).

Okay, one similarity in worlds would be between Tactics Advance and XII. It was OFFICIALLY ordained by Square's representative. I already realized this. But, FFVII has an inequality to the world of FFVIII. The Cetra are natureloving people, man. They're capable of speech with the planet and were graceful. The humans were the ones who endangered their lives. I don't see where YOU'RE getting with the whole "space aliens kill you" thing.

I need someone to support me here. I'll be actually happy to continue debating this with you. I don't prefer debates when it comes to matters on opinions but when it comes to fact, I'll debate until the truth is finally revealed. So, my good friend, as much as you say your answer, I'll say nay. FFVII and FFVIII have revelance but doesn't mean their worlds were adopted from each other.

As I am constantly spamming this thread, why don't we thread this? I'll be happy to admit I'm wrong if PROVEN wrong. But, I'll await then.

KWI! KWI! ^-^ I don't want to see Sora on a Chocobo...He looks...kind of ridiculous...even though I LOVE Chocobos. *Hugs his Chocobo plushie* ^-^

Last edited:

AForgottenMemory

I'll back you up Heartless1990 because it is a fact he's wrong! No it might not have been confirmed by square-enix that each Final Fantasy is set in a different world. But they don't have to confirm that Sora's name is Sora for you to know!

It's been said by Square-Enix (before they cashed in and started making sequels) that they use fresh new storylines, characters and worlds each time to stop the series becoming stale. You say that FFVIII's world was based around the success of FFVII?

I see no similarities between the two worlds whatsoever. The only thing you're going by is the name Cetra which was used twice as the name for an ancient civilization. You've failed to notice the difference between the two of them.

FFVII Cetra: The CETRA, a race of beings who migrate to-and-from and cultivate planets, arrive on "The Planet" (Which was never given a name, and shall hence-forth be referred to as just "The Planet")

2500-2000 years ago: Some Cetra refuse to leave the planet, content with their new-found home. Against Cetra tradition, they build homes, reject their powers and elect to lead "easier" lifestyles. This is the beginning of what becomes the "Human race".

2000 years ago: The Cetra find out a large object has struck the planet at the "Knowespole". The Cetra try desperately to conserve the planet's energy so that the wound can heal (by growing less food and not having children). An alien being pretends to befriend the Cetra in this time of crisis, but betrays them, unleashing a virus. This virus turns the effected Cetra into monsters. The being starts to spread the disease to other Cetra clans. The "normal" humans hide, rather than try to fight the being or help the planet. The Cetra find out that this entity was responsible for the meteor and dub it the "Crisis From the Skies". The WEAPONS are created by the planet to counter this threat, but the Cetra contain the entity before they could be released.

Does that sound like the same one in FFVIII to you? Also i can't be bothered to try and track down the info you claim is on the site you gave, can you quote or give me a direct link to it? If it's in the forum's there, i don't want to know because it's only certain peoples dumbass theory.

Last edited:

Heartless1990

Koro, time to end this. Even FFcompendium didn't say that crap dude. You ASSUMED. They'll prolly massacre you for quoting them when they didn't even mention what you said, nitwit.

http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/ff8story.shtml

"The time of the Centra civilization. Centra founds two empires; Dollet to the west and Esthar to the east. Dollet begins to excel in military might, while Esthar begins to prosper scientifically."

YOU SEE THE STUPID 'N' IN CENTRA?!

"The Lunar Cry, a phenomenon wherein the Moon becomes oversaturated with monsters, who erupt towards Earth in a tide of destruction, strikes the Centra civilization. It is utterly destroyed (and a huge crater forms in the middle of it). The Centra's mobile shelters (giant buildings which move through a force of science and/or magic) are mostly ruined, with only two still remaining, both in the Dollet Empire."

Does it mention ANYWHERE that the Lunar Cry was in FFVII? Did they even mention the monsters came from the moon? Where in FFVII is Dollet? This is also the first Lunar Cry in FFVIII. It was said on the site itself it happened 80 years hence the events of FFVIII. FFVII didn't happen on the same stupid planet 80 years before FFVIII!

Dude, thank you for wasting my time. At least this would've made an interesting argument if the site actually SAID what you told us they said but you just pretended they did and ASSUMED. Nice Job. Case Closed for this -_-

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
Actually, I said that I thought FFVII could happen centuries AFTER FFVIII. I never said that 7 was around the time of 8, I said that I thought it would be possible that they could be set in the same timeline, just like Tactics and Advance fit in the same world (though not same time) I was not trying to use individual items, I was trying to use a backstory to the plot too say that they were the same.

However, I was wrong about the spelling, I thought in FFVIII that it was Cetra.

I never said that FFcompendium said what I thought, I said that they had the storyline that showed that the names Cetra/Centra were in there, which you had vehemently denied. I did get the names slightly wrong, but I have not done the myriad things you accuse me of.

Plus, the humans did NOT cause the mass killing of the Cetra. That was JENOVA. Humans were descended from the Cetra.

The theory that I was trying to make (not claiming that it was official at any point, though, just a "isn't it funny these fit?") was the various similarities: ancient civilization named Cetra/Centra, killed off by a collision from outer space that produced a crater, the similarities in genre and world, and etc. Sorry if I sounded like I was saying that it was official, I was just trying to point out a funny similarity, and that HB may be Nomura's way of making a joke on it. I apologize if I bothered you.

Offtopic: "Everyone, good morning. I am William.", right? I'm not sure if that's what Minasan means.

Heartless1990

KrytenKoro said:
Actually, I said that I thought FFVII could happen centuries AFTER FFVIII. I never said that 7 was around the time of 8, I said that I thought it would be possible that they could be set in the same timeline, just like Tactics and Advance fit in the same world (though not same time) I was not trying to use individual items, I was trying to use a backstory to the plot too say that they were the same.

Your first line in that quote shall be differed by a quote from yesterday: "what I said is that I thought KH was Nomura's way of nodding to the fact that they are designed to be similar (along with ingame errata or jokes like Zell's My Final Heaven, his grandfather was a spiky-haired soldier with a big sword, while his grandmother ran a bar, etc.)"

Tactics Advance and FFXII, officially ordained to be of the same world, fit together but FFVII and FFVIII aren't.

I never said that FFcompendium said what I thought, I said that they had the storyline that showed that the names Cetra/Centra were in there, which you had vehemently denied. I did get the names slightly wrong, but I have not done the myriad things you accuse me of.

Well, recommending the site to us was useless now wasn't it? -_-

What's the point of telling us of the site when it serves no purpose?

Plus, the humans did NOT cause the mass killing of the Cetra. That was JENOVA. Humans were descended from the Cetra.

Uh...No...Jenova was a Cetra...she was actually nothing but a TYPICAL Ancient. The only reason she plays the role of "EVIL" in FFVII is because she sides with Sephy. The Humans did cause the end of the Cetra race...they weren't their descendants dude. Why else would Sephiroth call the human race "traitors" if Cetra and humans were of the same?

The theory that I was trying to make (not claiming that it was official at any point, though, just a "isn't it funny these fit?") was the various similarities: ancient civilization named Cetra/Centra, killed off by a collision from outer space that produced a crater, the similarities in genre and world, and etc. Sorry if I sounded like I was saying that it was official, I was just trying to point out a funny similarity, and that HB may be Nomura's way of making a joke on it. I apologize if I bothered you.

It's a theory. It's DEFINETELY not true though. I find too many flaws for it to be considered. And don't apologize. You need not to. Perhaps I was being too heavy on you as well.

Offtopic: "Everyone, good morning. I am William.", right? I'm not sure if that's what Minasan means.

Shhhh...o.o

Last edited:
wouldn't it be cool if every final fantasy right now thats made was put into 1 lol

"Final Fantasy 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12 w/ lots of old crap!"

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
I called them ingame jokes, not true ponts at the storyline (like Zidane's no Squall or Cloud).

about the humans not bad thing, I had always thought that humans were Cetra that had stopped travelling (like Chozo/Luminoth in Metroid), and that Jenova was posing as a friend, but that she was not truly ancient (why her DNA caused the Cetra to turn to monsters etc) I havent played as much of FFVII as I have 8, though, so I may be wrong about that. Thanks for clearing that up.

The purpose it served was that I thought that the name was Cetra, and you were saying that there was absolutely nothing Cetra in FFVIII, or anything from space. That's why I noted it.

Heartless1990

KrytenKoro said:
I called them ingame jokes, not true ponts at the storyline (like Zidane's no Squall or Cloud).

about the humans not bad thing, I had always thought that humans were Cetra that had stopped travelling (like Chozo/Luminoth in Metroid), and that Jenova was posing as a friend, but that she was not truly ancient (why her DNA caused the Cetra to turn to monsters etc) I havent played as much of FFVII as I have 8, though, so I may be wrong about that. Thanks for clearing that up.

The purpose it served was that I thought that the name was Cetra, and you were saying that there was absolutely nothing Cetra in FFVIII, or anything from space. That's why I noted it.

^-^ Well, we'll all agree the matter is settled.

AForgottenMemory

Oh yeah! I remember seeing that, it was one of the drawings on Destiny Islands like you said!

I want that great big fat Chocobo from FFVII to be in it!

Heartless1990

Uh...would that count? I want a real chocobo...It's funny though. Sora and Kairi are able to draw pictures of chocobos and a keychain resembles a chocobo and yet, there's no sign if the chocobos even exist in KH1. They might as well had been just like every other person and played video games and see chocobos in them.

Chubby chocobo...? I like regular chocobos.

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
Possibly, Chocobo's could be in Twilight Town only (like Moogles were in Traverse) in some kind of Potion type shop (except with food instead, for power-ups. Maybe a synthesis-like game where you get to feed the Chocobo's certain items, and the right combinations make them lay eggs or some such with a better item in them.

Angel X

Orally Fixated.
Cloudz_followa said:
Hey i was just wondering will there be Chocobo's in KH2?
and would u like the idea of them in there? i mean id want em theyre so cuute and theyd be real fast to go around in and maybe minigames
im confuzzled anywayz i just want chocobo's in there cuz i mean that would be pretty kewl no? post wat u think i

There is a high possibility. Yet, as we may notice, Chocobos have appeared in most FF games of the series. If it is to make a apearance on Kingdom Hearts 2, it would be dejavu.

Drachyench

[sarcasm]You're right 1990, Jenova, the CALAMITY OF THE SKY, was a normal ancient.[/sarcasm]

Jenova was not at ancient, she disguised herself as one. And Sephiroth didn't make her evil, no, the other way around, Jenova made SEPHIROTH evil. Before jenova, Sephiroth was just a soldier. When he read the reports in the Shin-Ra mansion, he discovered that he was created. Heading to the reactor containing Jenova in his rage, killing all in his way, Sephiroth freed Jenova and became her puppet. That's the reason cloud handed the black materia over to Sephiroth, because JENOVA had control over him, same as anyone else who was injected with her cells. Jenova was believed to be an ancient, though if you saw the video's at the northern town, the ones with proffessor ghast and Aeris mother, Aeris mother(The last ancient) tells him how Jenova was not an ancient at all.

Now, back on topic: I think Chocobo's wouldn't really fit into the KH universe, as they were only made for mounts. And since there are horses in KH(Or at least some of the worlds visited), I doubt they would include Chocobo's.

Heartless1990

Drachyench said:
Jenova was not at ancient, she disguised herself as one. And Sephiroth didn't make her evil, no, the other way around, Jenova made SEPHIROTH evil. Before jenova, Sephiroth was just a soldier. When he read the reports in the Shin-Ra mansion, he discovered that he was created. Heading to the reactor containing Jenova in his rage, killing all in his way, Sephiroth freed Jenova and became her puppet. That's the reason cloud handed the black materia over to Sephiroth, because JENOVA had control over him, same as anyone else who was injected with her cells. Jenova was believed to be an ancient, though if you saw the video's at the northern town, the ones with proffessor ghast and Aeris mother, Aeris mother(The last ancient) tells him how Jenova was not an ancient at all.

Ohhhhhhhhh....screw this...I don't really have the patience to deal with correcting you. Sephiroth wasn't EVIL. Just a boy wanting to avenge his mother. *rolls eyes* Thank you for that sarcasm. You're so funny. Haha. Whatever.

Drachyench

Heartless1990 said:
Ohhhhhhhhh....screw this...I don't really have the patience to deal with correcting you. Sephiroth wasn't EVIL. Just a boy wanting to avenge his mother. *rolls eyes* Thank you for that sarcasm. You're so funny. Haha. Whatever.

Not meaning to sound rude when I said the information part, and the sarcasm wasn't the angry type, but the humored type. Also, I never stated he WASN'T evil, or that he was avenging his mother. I stated that he was A) Controlled by Jenova, and B) He killed the town in a fit of rage. How would you feel if you suddenly learned that you were an experiment for war? Not meaning to be rude to you, just stating facts from the game. Plus, Lucrecia was his mother, not jenova. And your statement about her being an ancient, it makes sense if you've never gotten Vincent or seen the video's in the lab.

Heartless1990

I've beaten the game 9 times, dude. Ugh, all I can think about are regents right now. I'll talk to you bout FF later, k? I'm already mixed up with my "Making my own FF game..." thread I have to keep updating that I can really only think about two things: School and my game. I have school now so maybe over the weekend, k?

Btw, I beat FFVII 9 times over and I still play it. I gotten everything in the game everytime after I beat it the 4th time so if I actually remembered, I'll try to inform you.

Drachyench

OK, thanks. And good luck with the "Making my own FF game..." thing, and hope it does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back