• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Cirque du Mort

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua

Wow, great new chapter. I am glad you are back and can continue the story. Great work.

Haku

<3
Great update, I'm really looking forward into reading the next one.

Q

Banned
OMFG CAN I LIEYKS ENTEARZ MAI CARACTEAR?!1!111!1!1!111!!!

lulz

you should know me as the guy who entered Lapux into this.

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
crashkid77.deviantart.com
I have returned from my trip to New England and I am prepared to write a new chapter. Behold!!!!!
Note: The title of this chapter is the same as an awesome novel by James Herbst, a family friend. Check it out if you can find it.

-*27*-​
The End of Heroes

Riku was pleasantly surprised at the speed with which the trio of young keybearers had disposed of the Marine Executioner. However, he was surprised also with the laugh coming from Requiem, who was now walking over to face Riku again.

"Well,well," the assassin said, his words drenched with confidence. "It looks like your proteges are doing well in their first adventure. Congratulations to you."

Riku scowled at his masked opponent. He knew that Requiem had some tricks up his sleeve, and he also knew that he had played his hand to early. However, he decided to play it cool.

"I didn't train them. Sora trained them, and Sora is the one I am here to avenge. Your master Helios orchestrated his murder. You will pay along with him." With that, the calm faded away and Riku charged forward, keyblade thrust forward.

So be it, Requiem thought. The assassin readied his claymore, and then the two clashed once more. Riku swung to the left, and Requiem parried quickly and jabbed at Riku's stomach. The keybearer jumped back from the blade and threw his keyblade at the assassin. It would have been a chest shot, but the agile Requiem jumped aside just in time so that he was unharmed. With a grunt of frustration, Riku stuck his hand out and his keyblade came back to him.

Then, without warning, a fireball flew at Riku. He tried jumping out of the way, but the magical flame caught Riku's right hand. It was instantly burnt beyond use.

"It's amazing what words can do," Requiem jeered. However, his pleasure was short lived as he saw and was shocked by the look on Riku's face.

A smile.

Despite the deep pain and sting that the fire brought on, Riku managed to be somewhat optimistic. "A Firagun spell, a step up from Firaga. Never seen one before." Riku then looked at his blackened hand. "I guess I'll just have to go lefty."

Still a bit shocked, Requiem didn't expect Riku's flash swing. The keyblade gouged into the assassin's left arm, and blood spurted out of the wound. The fabric of Requiem's trenchcoat turned even deeper red. However, instead of disabling the assassin, it gave him an extra boost. With his right hand, he swung the claymore and caught Riku across the chest, though only a small blow. Blood oozed from the small cut, and the keybearer once again smiled.

This was going to be a good fight.

(~)-----(~)-----(~)​

The trio of young keybearer's began to make their way up to the beach. Aside from a few bruises (or dents, for Nire), they were basically unharmed. They stopped for a moment to dry off, but soon the adrenaline from fighting wore off and they remembered about Riku. They sprinted off to help their older comrade fend off Requiem's attacks.

They found them about 100 yards away, swinging at each other with mad ferocity. Sparks flew from the blades as they crashed into each other. One of Requiem's swings, however, managed to cut into Riku's side. He grunted and fell to the ground in pain.

"Riku!!!" Harmony screamed. She ran forward to help him, and Dirst and Nire followed after her.

Requiem paused for a moment, watching the form of the man he was attacking. "Riku?" he said. "That's your real name? Riku?! You're the one who was the dark keybearer. You were with Sora during the Heartless plague..." Then he paused for a moment, gathering his last words carefully. "You're the one who killed my father."

Riku looked up at the masked assassin. "You. You're-." He was interrupted by a deep nagging pain in his side.

Requiem looked over at the coming keybearers, and he pushed his arm out. A magical, invisible barrier was formed, only shown by a bright flash of fuschia light. Harmony paused for a moment and felt the wall that had just appeared, and so did Dirst and Nire. They leaned against it, peering inside at the tragedy that was unfolding.

After the pain had subsisded, Riku managed to look back up at Requiem. " You're Argon's son?"

Requiem nodded, then responded. "You murdered my father in cold blood. He was just heading to his office when you assassinated him-."

"Ironic that you became an assassin after that," Riku interrupted, a small grin placed upon his weary face. However, Requiem was not so amused by this, and he delt Riku a kick to the stomach. The resulting pressure mad more blood pour from the gash in his side.

"He did nothing wrong. And so, I shall destroy you who has destroyed my father." With that, Requiem stepped away from Riku. He drew a circle in the sand with his finger and then pushed his palm down in it.

The once blue skies turned red and the clouds turned black. A heavy rain fell upon the small island world, and soon flaming boulders fell from the sky. The three teens backed away from the wall as they saw that the heavy rocks were coming for them. Then they looked at Riku. He gave them a look of calm.

"Remember: Don't give up your quest. You must avenge Sora's death, my death, and all of the lives lost due to Helios's influence. Stay strong and stay together, for if you split you may fall."

After he finished speaking, Riku looked up at the crimson sky and charcoal clouds that poured down death and destruction. He stared up, not paying attention to the coming doom, and he spoke his final words.

"I'm coming, Sora and Kairi."

(~)-----(~)-----(~)​

Dirst, Nire, and Harmony watched in horror as a mountain of boulders fell upon Riku. They felt sick to their stomachs knowing that he had died before their eyes, but they were even more depressed by the fact that they were powerless to help. As the skies cleared back into a crisp blue that reflected the ocean's color, Dirst stared out at the figure of Requiem, who was staring intently at the pile of boulders that marked the tomb of a hero. Dirst was about to explode with rage and go after him, but then he watched as Requiem removed his mask, revealing the scarred face and black hair of the teen assassin. Dirst also watched as Requiem removed a small object from his pocket.

An ocarina.

The assassin began to play a soft, sad, haunting melody that made the air fill with melancholy. The song roused Harmony and Nire from thought, and all three silently watched the killer of their friend as he played. All Harmony was moved to tears by the events of today and the sad song. Nire silently stood, his mind lost in the melody and his memories. Dirst stood still, staring at Riku's tomb and remembering the day long ago when he had seen this man destroy hundreds of heartless with one flash of light. Where had that power been in this fight?, he thought. And then, he turned to look at Requiem, who was just finishing the macabre tune. As the Assassin put the pipe away, his eyes met Dirst's. Then the assassin summoned a portal and was gone.

Dirst once again looked at the rocks that covered Riku's body. And then he made his vendetta.

I swear, by the blood in my veins and the light in my heart, I will destroy the evil in this universe. I will not rest until I find the fiends Helios and Requiem and make sure they are dead.

Last edited:

R0ad H0g

RtM:Great chapter as always! One problem though, this is a Kingdom Hearts fan fiction, yet you have killed all of the main characters from the original storyline. Oh, well.
AB: Brains.....

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
Well, to answer all questions and un-questions...

pk para: I can understand why you like Requiem, but just spell the name right, okay?

Pinky Rose: Yes, Fury = Riku. It is a secret revealed in chapter 2, I believe.

R0ad H0g: It's my style. Plus, there are obvious markers:
a) The story is called Cirque du Mort. It is going to have some deaths.
b) The last chapter I wrote was called 'The End of Heroes.'
c) The not so obvious marker. The story is kind of a metaphorical journey into the world where your decisions decide your fate... yeah, that is kinda it...

Chapter 28 will be up soon. The title is...

TO BE ANNOUNCED...

R0ad H0g

RtM: Herr Crash, I know it is called "The Circus of Death", but you killed off the main characters from the game. I don't mind that you killed them off though....

Davy Jones

I Believe In Harvey Dent
Website
You get 1000 posts to become premium. Before you ask, here's the story. I made it to like 1013 or something, then they moved 'Favorite Quote from ANYWHERE (just for clarification)" and "What are you listening/ just listened to", so I lost posts but I kept my premium status.

Also, here is a video I found on YouTube that I liked a lot. In fact, it's my new theme...

I've Got A Jar of Dirt Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back