• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Click here for Japanese and "English" lyrics for Passion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I went back to previous posts and there hasn't been a thread with the Japanese Lyrics so I thought I'd post them...

Japanese

思い出せば遥か遥か
未来はどこまでも輝いてた
奇麗な青空の下で
僕らは少しだけ怯えていた

懐かしい色に窓が染まる

前を向いてればまた会えますか
未来はどこへでも続いてるんだ
大きな看板の下で
時代の移ろいを見ていたいな

二度と会えぬ人に場所に
窓を開ける

思い出せば遥か遥か
未来はどこまでも輝いてた
奇麗な青空の下で
僕らは何時までも眠っていた

ずっと前に好きだった人
冬に子供が生まれるそうだ
昔からの決まり事を
たまに疑いたくなるよ

ずっと忘れられなかったの
年賀状は写真付きかな
私達に出来なかったことを
とても懐かしく思うよ

青空の下...

(These are the Japanese characters for those who dare to translate for us!)

Omoidaseba haruka haruka
Mirai wa doko made mo kagayaiteta
Kirei na aozora no shita de
Bokura wa sukoshi dake obiete ita

Natsukashii iro ni mado ga somaru

Mae wo muitereba
Mata aemasu ka
Mirai wa doko e demo tsudzuite iru 'n da
Ooki na kanban no shita de
Jidai no utsuroi wo mite itai na

Nido to aenu
Hito ni basho ni
Mado wo akeru

Omoidaseba haruka haruka
Mirai wa doko made mo kagayaiteta
Kirei na aozora no shita de
Bokura wa itsumademo nemutte ita

Zutto mae ni suki datta hito
Fuyu ni kodomo ga umareru sou da
Mukashi kara no kimari goto wo
Tama ni utagaitaku naru yo
Zutto wasurerarenakatta no
Nengajou wa shashin tsuki kana
Watashitachi ni dekinakatta koto wo
Totemo natsukashiku omou yo

Aozora no shita de...

*Japanese words for those of us who can't read Japanese

roughly translated English version This is the whole song rather than just parts of it --

When I remember back far, far
The future was shining endlessly
Below the pretty blue sky
We were a little bit frightened

The window was bathed in a nostalgic colour

If I keep on looking forward
Will I meet you again?
The future continues anywhere
Underneath a large sign
I want to watch time change

Towards the place with people and places
I will never see again
I open this window

When I remember back far, far
The future was shining endlessly
Underneath the pretty blue sky
We slept endlessly

The person I liked long ago
Is to have a child in winter
Our promises from long ago
Sometimes I want to doubt them
I could never forget
I wonder if your New Year's card will have a photo
All the things we were unable to do
I look back on with nostalgia

Below the blue sky...

--But of course since this is translated directly a lot of may not really make sense or fit.

Last edited:

*2*Tosty

nice find man, very nice. it's kinda old but it's better know. anyway, like you guys said, i'm not so sure about the having a child in winter thing. know what i mean, golden shine does.

Awards
AWESUM FIND!!!!!! I played it just right now & minimized the music player to hear it and see if your Japanese lyricz matched AND THEY DID!! COOL!!! But, yeah, the rough translations will definitly be different from the engllish version. They probably have to flip the words around. For instance, when u say "The blue sweater," in Japanese, they flip the words around and put the adjectives behind the noun (that goes for Spanish too!), which would make it "the sweater blue."
Just so ya know! Okay! Sorry if I was too random...

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
hooded_twilight0 said:
nice find, but it seems that for me words do nothing. I need to hear it; ugh I can't wait for the english version.

Yeah, I tried matching up the tune of the song with the English translation and it just didn't work out! Plus the whole thing about having a child is kinda sketchy.

Rioraku

Well....Simple and Clean was almost a completely different song from Hikari (as far as lyrics go) so it seem natural that those translations wont be the lyrics or even close to the lyrics for the English version...

Last edited:

Whispered.Hope

Hmm...since 'Passion' is a song in its own right, the fact that the 'child' part doesn't seem to exactly fit KH II isn't surprising. Even on it's own, though, that line is a bit awkward. The 'umareru' [生まれる / 'be born'] is screwing everything up. If 'る' [ru] wasn't there, it would be more like 'I hear the child was born in the winter', rather than the 'be born' part, which would make a little more sense, instead of signifying a newborn.

The way I see the line working would be if there was a sort of pause in between like it was actually being spoken, as if reminiscing then being brought back to the present with the news of the child.

'The person I liked very much long ago...
I hear that the [his] child will be born in the winter.'

As if, the person they loved now has moved on, has their own family, and is going to have a baby. Then it'd make sense, though it's still a stretch. I like to pretend the 'ru' wasn't there xD

Just a note, there is no 'sou da' in the kanji. That romaji part there was given wrongly. [そうだ] translates to '-so da' in romaji and "I hear (that)" in English. Besides, 'sou da' wouldn't make any sense, considering what it means.

1keyblade

Website
www.myspace.com
I just took the japanese writing and translated it and this is what i got. Hope everyone likes it. :)

If you remember, far far
Future has shone to everywhere
Under clean blue sky
I had become frightened just a little
The bosom oak it is and the window dyes to color
Before facing, the れ and it can meet?
Future
continuously the る is to anywhere
Under big signboard
We would like to look at the changing in times
Two degrees in the person whom it cannot meet in the place
The window is opened
If you remember, far far
Future has shone to everywhere
Under clean blue sky
I slept how long
Directly before favorite person
The child is born in the winter
Rule thing from former times
It stops wanting to doubt sometimes
It was not forgotten directly,
As for New Year's greeting card photograph equipped kana
Without being able to make we
The bosom oak く you think very
Under blue sky...

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
Whispered.Hope said:
Hmm...since 'Passion' is a song in its own right, the fact that the 'child' part doesn't seem to exactly fit KH II isn't surprising. Even on it's own, though, that line is a bit awkward. The 'umareru' [生まれる / 'be born'] is screwing everything up. If 'る' [ru] wasn't there, it would be more like 'I hear the child was born in the winter', rather than the 'be born' part, which would make a little more sense, instead of signifying a newborn.

The way I see the line working would be if there was a sort of pause in between like it was actually being spoken, as if reminiscing then being brought back to the present with the news of the child.

'The person I liked very much long ago...
I hear that the [his] child will be born in the winter.'

As if, the person they loved now has moved on, has their own family, and is going to have a baby. Then it'd make sense, though it's still a stretch. I like to pretend the 'ru' wasn't there xD

Just a note, there is no 'sou da' in the kanji. That romaji part there was given wrongly. [そうだ] translates to '-so da' in romaji and "I hear (that)" in English. Besides, 'sou da' wouldn't make any sense, considering what it means.

I like what you came up with about the child being born part since yours makes A WHOLE LOT more sense than an actual child being born...unless it's metaphoric or something. I'm so glad you've analyzed it since i asked in my post of what others think and no one has answered! Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back