• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

CoM vs. Re:CoM

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

CoM or Re:CoM

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
But they're not really...

I mean, in general they are the same game, but to say that there aren't some clear differences would be wrong.

Well, voices, extra cards, PS2 Graphics, and minor changes in a few scenes.
But, they're pretty much the same.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Get both why not to get the feel of both games.
Neither of them should cost a lot (especially CoM).

Vice

SF
Awards
Website
www.myspace.com
COM was an amazing game for the GBA.

Re: Com was fantastic for the Extra battles and the Voice Overs i wanted to hear from the Original.

To be honest Re:com because Its easier to play

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
CoM seemed to flow better, I suppose. The card-system paired with going somewhere else to fight the Heartless took it's toll after a while...

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
I enjoyed playing CoM because it was fresh. Since I never had a copy of CoM, I decided to buy Re:CoM to fill the void. I played through it and fuck was it more repetitive than I remembered. Yeah, the added things were nice (except the Marluxia fights altogether, god damn that was annoying), sure, but playing through it was a chore.

ven-roxas21

i hated how axel never said "give them a hell of a show" in re:com.... that was the line i was really looking forward to.... cause its a disney game.... AND AXEL CUSSED!!!!!!!

Pheonex

I'll scorch your muffin.
i hated how axel never said "give them a hell of a show" in re:com.... that was the line i was really looking forward to.... cause its a disney game.... AND AXEL CUSSED!!!!!!!
Same here. I was really hoping to hear him say it out loud

animefreak!

Website
animecrazy2007.deviantart.com
well if you want better graphics go for RE:CoM
if you want cheaper price then go for CoM
if you want original go for CoM
if you don't like handhelds go for Re:CoM
if you can't decide get both lol

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Same here. I was really hoping to hear him say it out loud

During an interview though thye have Quinton Flyn actually say that line. Saw it on Youtube. Was pretty good, though he pronounced Larxene wrong but whatever.

Also, I think I prefer the original CoM. The controls just work better honestly, plus no cheap Fatal Frame wins, even though it's a badass awesome Sleight.

Novastar56

Yeah, I suggest Re:COM beacuse it has everything COM plus 3-D Graphics, reaction commands, updated voice actors, etc. Plus it's pretty cheap now.

Tremolo

You know I'm coming when you here a bing!
It's crazy but I love the GBA Chain of Memories. It was the first KH game I ever beat and owned, yet alone played half way through. After that game I got KH and KHII.
I loved reading the lines in the GBA version. I mean then you can imagine the voices however you want them to be, just like books. I liked hiding in my room, closing the door, turning off the lights, and battling with some cards.
But then I lost my GBA version so when the remake came out I jumped at it. It's good... the cutscenes are amazing, but I just missed the Gameboy classicness and I wasn't as fueled to beat it because I already knew the plot... But if you're going to buy one or the other for the first time then go ahead and get the remake. It'll be more familiar to you.

redbunnychan

It's crazy but I love the GBA Chain of Memories. It was the first KH game I ever beat and owned, yet alone played half way through. After that game I got KH and KHII.
I loved reading the lines in the GBA version. I mean then you can imagine the voices however you want them to be, just like books. I liked hiding in my room, closing the door, turning off the lights, and battling with some cards.
But then I lost my GBA version so when the remake came out I jumped at it. It's good... the cutscenes are amazing, but I just missed the Gameboy classicness and I wasn't as fueled to beat it because I already knew the plot... But if you're going to buy one or the other for the first time then go ahead and get the remake. It'll be more familiar to you.
I played the GBA version first. Then I went out and bought Re:Com. I agree that 'I wasn't as fueled to beat it because I already knew the plot.' I still play it though, just not as often as I should.

This really sums up my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back