• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Connecting Hearts (Re-write)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Athel

Machinist
Okay, my first fan fic thread got one chapter, so I'm going to try this again.

Warning:
Kingdom Hearts-ish

-------------------------------------------------

Chapter One: Sosh

Hey there. My name’s Sosh.

My life was a pretty boring one, but then some amazing things started happening. I met new people, got to go to exciting new places, and…

Well, that’s a surprise. Here’s how it began…

“Sosh! Wait up!”

I turned my head to the voice. It was Raek. I stood as he ran up to me.

“Skipping school again?” he said to me. Raek had been on my case for me skipping out on school for the past couple of days. “What’s going on, man?”

“Nothing” I answered. “I just don’t feel like it.”

“Don’t feel like it?” Raek said crossing his arms. “You’re going to get expelled if you miss another day.”

“And I care because…?”

I winced as Raek punched me in my shoulder. “You knucklehead.”

We started to walk back to my house.

“So seriously, what’s going on?” Raek said. “You’ve been acting weird lately.”

“Well…” I started. “I just think…that’s there’s more out there, you know? I’m thirteen, I’ve lived my whole life here, and nothing exciting has happened.”

“Out there?” Raek said. “Never really thought about it.”

“Do you ever think at all?” I said.

Raek punched me harder this time. “Knock it off.”

I stopped before my house and turned to him. “You’re coming tomorrow, right?” Raek asked.

“Sure, whatever” I answered. “I got nothing better to do.”

As I walked in, I could smell my mom’s cooking. She knew I was skipping school, but I had aced the last quarter, so she didn’t mind much. I headed up to my room. As I lied down on my bed with my hands beneath my head, I fell asleep.

“So, there you are.”

“What!” I said in the dream. “Where am I?”

“We’ve been looking for you for a while now.”

“Who’s there!?” I shouted, but there was no answer.

“You have been chosen. The paths between the world’s are weakening. New paths must be made.”

“What are you talking about?” I said. “Worlds? Paths?”

“You shall be the Link. Now, begin your journey.”

I was falling. Falling into a blackness that didn’t seem like it would end. It seemed to go on forever. What was that voice? What did it mean? Thought’s where flying in and out of my mind rapidly. After an eternity of falling, it ended.

I stood on a white, glasslike surface. I landed on my feet with perfect balance. Odd, after such a long fall. It was a flat, circular surface that seemed to sprout from the bottom of the earth. I looked around. There was the same eerie nothingness from before.

Suddenly, a mosaic like path appeared. Platforms appeared in flashes of light, and followed one after another. I was hesitant, but I stepped on to the first platform. It seemed solid enough. I followed the path slowly.

There was another surface, like the one before. I stepped on to it and walked in to the center.

I jerked my head around as the path that brought me here had begun to disappear. The platform’s fell into the blackness, one by one.

“Have no fear, you can conquer all that opposes you.”

It was the voice from before. “What is this place?” I said. Again, I got no answer.

“On your journey, the darkness will try to destroy you. It must not! You must fight…”

As soon as the voice stopped, there was a chilling feeling in the air. The blackness in the air seemed to cling to me.

A dark shape appeared on the ground. It was first flat, but then it began to form mass. It rose up from the ground, twitching, its beady yellow eyes filled with malice.

A single word formed from my mouth, without any thought of my own. A word that would haunt me for the rest of my life.

“Heartless…”

-------------------------------------------------

I'm only going to be writing in first-person for the first couple of chaps.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
hey not bad, not bad at all. this seems like its going to be intersting. ill be keepin an eye on this.

Haku

<3
Oh, god. How many times must I go through the same opening over and over? C'MON! BE CREATIVE! WRITE SOMETHING NEW INSTEAD OF ANOTHER SORA'S OPENING ADVENTURE!

Well he did say that it was KH related so what do you expect the opening sequence to be like.

Xuan

FanFic Slayer, K.Theorist
Let's see. When Riku got his Keyblade, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the same like Sora's. When Kairi got her Keyblade, she ALSO doesn't meets up that way. King Mickey! WTFBBQ, he STILL doesn't follows that kind of "Sora's path". So...

CMON, BE MORE CREATIVE!

Haku

<3
Let's see. When Riku got his Keyblade, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the same like Sora's. When Kairi got her Keyblade, she ALSO doesn't meets up that way. King Mickey! WTFBBQ, he STILL doesn't follows that kind of "Sora's path". So...

CMON, BE MORE CREATIVE!

Well that was only the first chapter and there's a good chance that it won't follow the same word for word segments like the original KH did, but will probably include all of the keyblade names, places, etc.

Athel

Machinist
Yeah, my plan is this for Sosh and "the gang" (that's what I'm calling them until I reveal the rest of the characters) to visit a bunch of worlds from KH1 and 2 (and some not in either).

Next chap probably up tomorrow.

Athel

Machinist
Next chap, here you go.

--------------------------------------------

Chapter Two: Sosh

Whoa, sorry about leaving off like that. Back to the story.

“What…what is that?” I stuttered as my eyes locked on to the Heartless. It’s pudgy form was twitching, its head to the side with a look of confusion.

“This is the darkness you will have to fight” the voice from before said.

“Fight?” I said. “With what?”

“Use this.”

At that instant, my body began to glow with a dim light. The light moved from my whole body to just my right hand. As it did, the light got brighter and brighter. Finally, the light flew from my fingertips and floated in his palm. The light began to grow and grow until it was about three feet long. The light created extensions at one end and handle-like grooves at the other. Then the light began to fade. Clenched in my hand was a weapon I’d never seen before.

“What is this thing?” I said holding it up.

It was a metal pole, about three feet long. At one end, there was a black leather hilt with a metal hand-guard. Unlike a regular sword, it had a hand-guard on both sides. There were four metal extensions at the other end. One was on the very top of the pole, and one was a little below it. In between those, there were two triangles with coin-like circles attached to the top. On the hand-guard, there was a silver chain about six inches long, with a circular pendant on the end. The pendant had two circles on the upper-left and upper-right, making them look like ears.

As I pondered the mystery of the weapon, a Heartless was poising itself for an attack out of the corner of my eye. As it leaped at me, my reflexes took control of me, and I swung with the weapon, knocking it down. I spun on my feet and held the weapon low, with the pole facing upward and my back straight. I struck the Heartless as it lay on its back and crushed it against the glass floor. The Heartless vanished with a puff of black smoke as I struck it.

“Whoa…” I said. To believe I had done all that without thinking.

As the other Heartless looked at the spectacle I had just done in several seconds, I turned and faced them. There were a lot of them…

I sneered as I had an idea. I jumped backward and held the weapon above my right shoulder. Gripping it tightly, I swung down and chucked it with all my strength. It flew, spinning, to a nearby Heartless. As the pole struck it, it also disappeared releasing the same black smoke. As I held my hand in the same position, the weapon formed in my hand again. I did the same throwing move many times, and destroyed all the Heartless.

“That was tough…” I said as I knelt over panting.

“Well done!” It was the voice. “You have conquered the darkness. But be warned. As you journey, the darkness will take stronger forms. These will be harder to destroy.”

“Great” I said sarcastically.

“Now, your journey must begin.”

Then, out of nowhere, there was a flash of light. I covered my eyes. When it was over, there stood a rather ornate looking door.

“Step through the door.”

I pulled myself together and walked to the door. I had so many questions. What was this place? What was that voice? What were those creatures, what is this weapon? Why me? I held the handle of the door and hesitated.

Gathering my courage, I pulled the door open. It was heavy. As I looked beyond it I winced. There was a light brighter than any before. It enveloped my body and surrounded me whole.

As I opened my eyes, I was standing on nothing. The light before was coming from a large sphere ahead of me. The light seemed to float through me entire being, making me warm.

“This is the heart of the world. It shall be the gateway to the other worlds.”

“Worlds?” I asked. I was as confused as ever. “A journey…” I shook my head. “Well, at least it will be exciting!”

I ran into the sphere of light, and it covered my body. My heart merged with its. I turned around. This would be the last I’d see of my home for a long time. I faded away into the heart of the world, beginning my journey.

I am…the Link.

--------------------------------------------

I need a bigger vocabulary, XD

Haku

<3
Not bad at all, I'm very interesting in about what's going to happen when the next chapter comes out.

Athel

Machinist
Thanks guys. As for the next chap, I'm going to move on to a different character's point of view.

Haku

<3
That sounds great TPoP I'll be on the lookout for the next update whenever it comes out.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
excellent update johnny. defeintly getting intereting, good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back