• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Could Allwines death delay the English release of Days?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santuary

I'm sure many of you know this by now, but a couple of days ago, Wayne Allwine, the voice of Mickey Mouse, sadly passed away.

May he rest in peace, and may deepest sympathy go to his wife Russi Taylor (Minnie) and all his family and friends...

Anyway, this has only just occured to me now that this could delay the English release of 358/2 Days. Disney may need time to find a new voice for Mickey, and it's obvious that alot of time and observation will go into making sure the right voice is found, so to preserve the "True" Mickey, if you will.

I know at this time that talking about a replacment for Mickey's voice is really awful to think about, considering that Allwine has been doing the voice since before I was even born (And to be quite honest, I couldn't imagine anyone else playing him ever being the same), but we have to move on eventually, I mean whenever a voice actor dies, we can't just let his character die along with him, simply because people would'd be able to get used to anyone else doing the voice (If that was the case, then it would've happened to Mickey way back when Walt Disney died).

Heck, it might not be finding a replacment thats the problem, Disney may just want to take a little time out of localizing days, purely out of sypathy.

Anyway, I'v rambled long enough. Tell me what you think.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Disney could find someone else quickly. It sucks he died, great job as Mickey.
It might delay. It depends how long it takes. Maybe by only a couple weeks but who knows.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I kind of hope they delay it... Allwine's death is something that will leave a lasting impact on the world... and I'd want them to find someone who can do a good Mickey before they released the game. I just don't think anyone else they could find quickly would do a good enough job as Mickey Mouse...

roXas_shadow

I kind of hope they delay it... Allwine's death is something that will leave a lasting impact on the world... and I'd want them to find someone who can do a good Mickey before they released the game. I just don't think anyone else they could find quickly would do a good enough job as Mickey Mouse...

Yeah it would suck if they don't think and find someone that will be a good replacement.
r.i.p Wanye Allwine

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I don't think they would delay it for incredibly long. Maybe a week at the most, if anything. They'll probably see it as releasing it as being a tribute to him anyway

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Thats what makes it even more painful, the fact they can just replace him just like that, like he's yesterdays news =(
Disney is pretty much crap these days, and desperate for the money, in my eyes at least, so I could see why they do that. But his fans will always remember him :]

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
ever since the disney renaissance ended with Tarzan,
disney has been going downhill; surviving with their hannah montana crap.
I read that allwine last job was chain of memories but im not sure

Santuary

ever since the disney renaissance ended with Tarzan,
disney has been going downhill; surviving with their hannah montana crap.
I read that allwine last job was chain of memories but im not sure

Thats probobly true, unless he managed to recorded some episodes of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse before his death.

Xango99

umm..No. I seriously doubt that they are still doing voice acting for Days especially since many actors have been confirmed that the voice acting should not even take that long, due to the type of game it is. I doubt Micket even has many voice scenes in the game compared to other characters. May his soul rest in peace though.

This reminds me of when Lumieres voice actor and the voice actor of Emperor of Mulan died months before kh2 release...yet it didnt affect production. Voice acting is usually done much earlier and the fact that an American release date for DAYS, was confirmed last december proves it.

LadyScythe

in a chair wrapped in thee most comfy blanket ever
Website
www.youtube.com
English days, delayed? may be it will or maybe not. hard to say.
no disrespect to Wayne Allwine,

but 'Mickey' is over 60 years old himself and it is not like someone else hasnt voiced him before.

however with today's techolnogy, they could just replicate his voice (if that really is possible)
or they could look fo someone who can sound pretty close to Mickey.

xgnarmanx

Thats what makes it even more painful, the fact they can just replace him just like that, like he's yesterdays news =(

You gotta do what you gotta do. Even though mickeys voice actor died they are still a company even though its sad the faster they find someone the better Im sure they will do somthing to remember him by.

Santuary

English days, delayed? may be it will or maybe not. hard to say.
no disrespect to Wayne Allwine,

but 'Mickey' is over 60 years old himself and it is not like someone else hasnt voiced him before.

however with today's techolnogy, they could just replicate his voice (if that really is possible)
or they could look fo someone who can sound pretty close to Mickey.

Thats why Days could be delayed. They can't just pick up some random guy off the street and say "He'll do", they need to find a person who fits the voice perfectly.

Xango99

except for the fact that Days may have already FINISHED the voice acting portions of Mickey....Do you seriously think that they are just gonna start voice acting right now? things like this should have already been done!!

Kh2's voice acting was done even before the release of the japanese version.....I think most of the english voice acting of this game is done or should have been done..axel, Luxord, lexeaus, vexen and zexion have been confirmed!

Santuary

except for the fact that Days may have already FINISHED the voice acting portions of Mickey....Do you seriously think that they are just gonna start voice acting right now? things like this should have already been done!!

Kh2's voice acting was done even before the release of the japanese version.....I think most of the english voice acting of this game is done or should have been done..axel, Luxord, lexeaus, vexen and zexion have been confirmed!

If that was so, then they would have already confirmed who's playing who by now (Or have they?)

Sapphire Skies

Sucked Back In
Ya know technology is pretty advanced nowadays.
I mean check out how well computers edit singer's voices, like Miley Cyrus.
I think they'll find a way to replicate Mickey's voice for Days if his VActing wasn't already done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back