• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Danza, Danza mia Fortuna

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exvind

Somewhere on the planet Earth. Hope that helps.
One. Two. Three.

A never ending waltz. One two three. Countless partners, their faces all blurring together. One two three. The music changes, but it remains the same. One two three. One two three. One two three.

A father, mother, and child. One two three.

The baby, the child, the young man. One two three.

A smile, a frown, a sigh. One two three.

I love, I lose, I heal. One two three.

I age. I sleep. I will die. One two three.

The tempo is the only constant as the dance goes on and on. It was a dance from the very beginning, I simply did not realize it yet. I couldn't hear the music, but I walked to the tempo. One two three. My parents, they danced, with each other and me. One two three. We were happy together, living by day, dancing by night. One two three. Then there was an accident, and Mother could dance no more. One two three. So my Father stopped also, to sit with her, to watch me dance. One two three.

I started to hear the music then, one two three. I started simply, easy lessons each Monday. One two three. It made me slightly an outcast, but I could not ignore the music. One two three. I grew, I danced, I tried singing, but my body did all the singing for me. One two three. Lessons grew to recitals, then shrunk to tutoring. One two three. I cried, I sweated, I bled. One two three. I loved, was loved, and danced. One two three. I moved to the bar, then away, replacing the mirror with an audience. One two three. As I grew older still, I realized that they were dancing with me, in their own way. One two three.

Mother sat with Father, and despite the crowds it felt like the three of us alone. One two three. I met Gracia, and three became four. One two three. Four became two some years later. One two three. It was after our show had opened in the City. One two three. Despite their passing, I know now they are dancing again, and forever, in sweeping gowns of black and gold. One two three. For them, I increased the tempo, dancing in a whirlwind of light for a time. One two three, one two three. But, then I found that two would become three. One two three. The lights dimmed, and the tempo slowed, as another soul walked onto the dance floor. One two three.

For him, for her, for me, I danced. One two three. For love, for money, for us, we dance. One two three. Even when my body cannot, I will still dance. One two three. The music is louder than ever, and shall carry me with it unending. One two three. As my hair grays and my bones ache, and lines mark the edges of her ever shining eyes, we dance. One two three. As he grows and learns, and finds his own rhythm, we dance together. One two three.

The music is slowing, but never ends. One two. Three.

The lights are dimming, and I have one last solo. One. Two. Three.

I spin and I push the tempo as far as it goes, as this is my finale until the next dance. One. Two.

Three.

I find a costume for myself, in black and gold. One.

Two. Three.

I see my Father and Mother, and once again join their dance, knowing that my own wife and child shall join me eventually, at their own tempo.

One.

Two.

Three.

One. Two. Three.

One....Two.....Three...

One...........Two.........................

Three.

((Not entirely sure where in my brain this came from, but it came out.))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back