• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Days a D-Gamer game?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

evil_levi94

Considering Kingdom Hearts is a Disney game, and disney came out with the new "D-Gamer" feature for DS (all games Disney that have chat and all this crud with the game) Disney games, do you think Days might possibly be one of the D-gamer games? I'm sort of doubting it but I'm not sure.

For those that don't know what D-gamer is ... Gametrailers.com - D-Gamer - E3 2007 Online Community Interview
It ... seems sort of childish but yeah.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
Pretty sure Days is a Square Enix game and not Disney

Doesn't BV publish it?

Who knows, it might since BV is a part of Disney, it might not, since all the DG games up to this point are all DIS published.

Eva

~ ♥~ Grand Summoner~ ♥~
Awards
I thought KH was joined, meaning both Square Enix and Disney share it?

Lol sharing. Sharing is caring.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
khcredits375.png

That sums up the relationship between the companies and games.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
It means SE makes the games, and Disney owns them. Everything in KH except the FF characters and names are disney properties.

CamCam

Meeeh, noones really said anything about it, so I doubt it to be honest.

HOnestly, i'd never heard of the feature until now.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Oh okay.

I dunno though, i have the theory 'you make it it's yours' .

But okay.

Disney wins.

Legal ownership is a weird thing. Content-wise, Kingdom Hearts is a Squenix game with Disney characters, since Disney seems pretty lax about any plot events they didn't create - when left to their own devices, Disney doesn't have many characters like DiZ and Riku. But, legally speaking, Disney owns everything that didn't come from Final Fantasy.

In this case, though, I think content wins over legality - if Squenix doesn't want to implement the D-Gamer thing, they probably don't have to.

Then again, IGN had an interview about it that said it'd be implemented on "All Disney Interactive Studios-published games," so they might ask Squenix to do it...?

A

Audo

I doubt it will have it. Kingdom Hearts may be a Disney game, but it is developed by Square-Enix.
The titles that have D-Gamer are games that are developed by Disney Interactive Studios.

State

Awards
I'm pretty sure that Days won't have a chat option unless it's capable of handling wi-fi. It would be cool and make you feel like a college student chatting with other people using an uniform and finishing tasks.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I doubt it will have it. Kingdom Hearts may be a Disney game, but it is developed by Square-Enix.
The titles that have D-Gamer are games that are developed by Disney Interactive Studios.

well, except for Spectrobes Beyond the Portals, DIS published that one.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Legal ownership is a weird thing. Content-wise, Kingdom Hearts is a Squenix game with Disney characters

yeahno.

since Disney seems pretty lax about any plot events they didn't create - when left to their own devices

Um...KH2.

In this case, though, I think content wins over legality - if Squenix doesn't want to implement the D-Gamer thing, they probably don't have to.

Then again, IGN had an interview about it that said it'd be implemented on "All Disney Interactive Studios-published games," so they might ask Squenix to do it...?

Chances are.

A

Audo

So, they even have this D-Gamer thing on games that don't have online function?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back