• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Destiny's Fate -

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haku

<3
Except for the fact that he told Anna that he had to kill all of her friends :p
I wouldn't want somebody telliing me that!

Lol at least he was being honest though better that he told her right then than letting her find out about it herself.

Rauxlen

I've posted once since 2010
Awards
Lol at least he was being honest though better that he told her right then than letting her find out about it herself.

I wouldn't want him killing my friends at all :cry:

Rauxlen

Awards
Meh, no problem at all. But if I didn't have internet, I'd go insane :p

Haku

<3
I had something similar happen to me a couple of months ago so I know the feeling, but no rush at putting up the next update.

Princess of KH

Mmk, here it is! Enjoy!

Chapter 67

“So, where are we supposed to look now? We’ve been all over town, and no one’s seen her. Where is she, in New Zealand or something?!” Emily sighed. “Where?” Riku had no clue where New Zealand was, or what it was. “It’s a place on the other side of the planet. Somewhere around there. I doubt she’s there; I wasn’t serious.” Emily answered. Bethany yawned. “Yea, what do we do now? It’s going on eight, and I’m really hungry. My parents will wonder where I’ve been if I’m not home soon.” She said as she yawned again and held her arms around her waist in hopes of making the oncoming hunger pains cease.

The three of them were walking on a sidewalk after looking for Anna and Dane. They’d looked everywhere, but there was no sign of them. Riku sighed inwardly; Earth was too big. It was far bigger than the worlds he was used to. Why did Dane have to take her like that? He just carried Anna off, and no one knew where they were. And there were a lot of places they could be. Riku felt anger boiling inside him. “I’m going to kill him.” He muttered under his breath.

“You guys should go home. I have to go back to my world tonight. I’ll be here tomorrow. We’ll figure out what we’re going to do then.” He said before Bethany’s stomach started growling again. It had done so a few times previously, and each time, she wrapped her arms around her stomach and her face turned bright pink with embarrassment. “Where are we going to meet?” Emily asked. “We could meet at the park. It’s only a few blocks away from my house, and it’s even closer to your house.” Bethany told Emily. “Okay. Be there by ten, and don’t be late.” Riku said as he turned to leave. He normally wouldn’t have cared if they were a little late, but he had to find Anna. Even though Bethany and Emily didn’t seem like they would be much help at all, he needed someone that knew their way around Earth, and they were pretty much the only choice he had. He hoped they would be able to fight heartless if they had to, since they were bound to run into more.

“Okay. See ya.” Emily waved and started walking down the sidewalk. “Bye, Riku!” Bethany said as she followed Emily. Riku gave a half wave and kept walking. He heard giggling from Bethany a few moments later. “You are such a fangirl. A Riku fangirl, that is.” He heard Emily say. “You talk so loud! Be quiet! And I am not! I don’t even like him.” Bethany said. Riku rolled his eyes and droned their fading conversation out of his hearing.

He would have to ask Anna how they could possibly be her friends. They were so annoying at times, but mostly Bethany, and not so much Emily. But Bethany seemed to be pretty smart, while Emily, well, wasn’t as smart as her. Emily appeared to be more of the logical person, at least when she out some effort into it. Bethany had to put some effort into thinking, too, or else she didn’t seem very smart. Riku had been told that girls matured faster than boys, but he doubted it when he saw how these girls acted.

He looked around until he found a place where he wouldn’t be seen to open a portal. He finally found a public park that was empty of people. It was getting pretty dark, but Riku still didn’t want to do it in the middle of an open park. He found a pavilion that had bathrooms in it, and went in the men’s. He made sure no one was there, and quickly opened a portal; the bathroom was disgusting and smelled horrible. He walked through quickly and found himself in a hospital room. He turned around, and to his dismay, there wasn’t anyone there. Not Kairi, not Sora. He frowned slightly and sat down on the bed behind him. This was Kairi’s hospital room, right? He looked at the clipboard attached to the end of the bed he was sure she had been in. It had Kairi’s name on it. He stood up and walked to the phone on the other side of the room. He found the front desk on the phone list and called it.

“Hello?” Riku paused before saying anything; he almost forgot to speak. “There was a girl that recently got shot, and she was in room 324C. Is she still in the hospital?” He asked a bit nervously. “Hold on, let me check.” The woman on the other end of the line sounded young, and she definitely sounded like she was having a bad day. It took about five minutes, but Riku guessed that was because the lady sounded like she was in no hurry at all when she talked on the phone.

“Yea, she’s still in the hospital, and she’s still in that room. Aren’t you calling from that room, anyway? Is she in there?” Riku paused. The phone must have had some type of hospital caller ID, or else she wouldn’t know he was calling from there. He looked around and still saw no one. “Um, no, she’s not -” Riku cut his sentence off when he saw Kairi walk slowly out of the bathroom, rubbing her eyes. “Never mind. She’s here.” Riku hung up the phone before the lady could tell him he was an idiot.

“Riku?” Kairi sounded like she just woke up. She rubbed her eyes again and walked over to him. “Hey.” He said with a smile. She gave him a quick, lazy hug and flopped on her bed. “Are you okay?” Riku asked as he sat down on the bed behind him. “Just tired. They had to do surgery to fix some hole in something like my intestine, or something.” Kairi sounded like she had no clue what she was even in the hospital for. “When’d they dot he surgery?” Riku asked, wondering if she was groggy from the anesthesia. “Earlier today. Not too long after you left. Sora used Curaga on me a few times, so it doesn’t hurt anymore, but I’m tired.” She lay on her side and curled up a little. She had on a hospital gown, and she pulled her covers over her to keep herself from getting cold.

“Where’s Sora?” He asked. “In the cafeteria. Getting his lunch; he hasn’t eaten yet. Said he wasn’t hungry until now.” Kairi yawned. “He should be back in a little.” She said again. “You need to get some rest, Kairi. Go ahead and sleep; you can barely keep your eyes open.” Kairi smiled a little and closed her eyes. “Tell Sora I feel fine, and tell him I’m telling the truth.” She told Riku before falling asleep.

Riku sat there for a few minutes, doing nothing but thinking. He lay on the bed he was sitting on and propped his head against the pillows. Where could Dane and Anna be right now? There were too many places he could’ve taken her - anywhere on the other worlds, and anywhere on Earth. And from what Emily and Bethany had told him, Earth was giant compared to worlds like Destiny Islands and Radiant Garden. He sighed and told himself Anna would be okay, even though he couldn’t completely stop worrying about her. She was with Dane, and Dane wasn’t exactly a good person. He wasn’t a good person at all.

“You’re in my spot.” Riku looked over and saw Sora walk in, content after eating. “Find another spot.” Riku said. “You’re such a nice person.” Sora said sarcastically. “I know.” Riku watched as Sora sat in a chair against Kairi’s bed and sighed. “So, what happened on Earth? Where’s Anna?” Sora asked. Riku just lay there for a moment, trying to think some things through.

“Riku?” Sora wanted an answer. “We found Anna’s friends, we all got in a car wreck, a giant heatless showed up, I figured out I can fly, Dane showed up, he took Anna, I killed the heartless, Anna’s friends and I looked everywhere for her and Dane, we didn’t find them, Anna’s friends went home, and I came here. The end.” Riku said with almost an annoyed yet sad tone to his voice. Sora looked confused, even though he understood. “Why do we always have to get separated? It’s always us.” Sora said, implying to himself, Kairi, Riku, and Anna.

“Dane took Anna because he wanted us out of the picture; all he wants in his picture is him and Anna. But Anna’s not too happy about that, and she probably would’ve stopped him from taking her if she wasn’t unconscious. He won’t hurt her, at least. He likes her too much. But Anna doesn’t like him, and this is the worst.” Riku slouched and let everything soak in. He didn’t want to let it soak in, but he had to. There was so much - almost too much.

“I’m going to guess that you aren’t too fond of Dane, either. None of us are. I’m really sorry, Riku. We’ll find Anna. As soon as Kairi’s good to leave, we’ll go find her, and we’ll kill Dane or whatever.” Sora said. He grinned when he said they’d kill Dane; he wasn’t serious, but he knew they might end up having to kill Dane.

“Kairi told me to tell you she felt fine, and that she was telling the truth. She was really tired, but that’s the only thing wrong with her.” Riku changed the subject, wanting to get Dane off his mind. Sora looked over at Kairi, who slept peacefully, and he smiled. He wanted to hold her hand, but she had her hands tucked under her pillow. “When will she be ready to leave?” Riku asked. “A day or two, if the doctors let her out.” Sora answered, looking back at Riku. Riku nodded in acknowledgement and closed his eyes.

“What time is it?” Riku asked; his eyes still closed. “Ten forty. You look pretty beat up. Is it from the car crash?” Riku thought before answering. “Yea. I’m fine, though.” Sora knew Riku always said he was fine, even if he wasn’t. “Like always.” Sora joked. Riku grinned, but that was all. He was tired, and he was sore and in pain from the car incident. “You need to get some sleep. I’ll take the chair tonight.” Sora said as he noticed Riku looked like he could fall asleep at any moment. “Thanks. Night.” “Night.” Sora replied.

They never really said, “Good night.” They always said, “Night.” It was actually because when they said, “Good night” quickly, it sounded like just, “Night.” They all knew they meant “Good night”, so they just left it at that. “Hey, Riku?” Sora had one last question. “Huh?” Riku replied, sounding like he was already half asleep. “How do you know when you love a girl?” Sora and Riku were pretty open about things like this, and Sora wasn’t uncomfortable asking such a question at all.

Riku knew he was referring to Kairi. He thought for a minute. “When you love someone, you care about them enough to die for them, and even enough to suffer things worse than death. If you love a girl, you feel the same, but you feel it just a little more. Just enough to realize it.” Sora thought about the answer for a minute. He then had one more ‘last question’. “Do you feel that way about Anna?” Sora knew Riku wouldn’t say he loved a girl unless he would die for her right then and there. He didn’t know what to expect, but he waited patiently. That is, he waited patiently for a while, but no answer came. “Riku?” Sora waited for a reply, but he didn’t get one. Riku had fallen asleep. Sora sighed and closed his eyes, and in a minute, he fell asleep, also.

Rauxlen

Awards
That was a good chappie!
Anna's friends are as annoying as ever :p

“You are such a fangirl. A Riku fangirl, that is.” He heard Emily say. “You talk so loud! Be quiet! And I am not! I don’t even like him.” Bethany said. Riku rolled his eyes and droned their fading conversation out of his hearing.

Lol :p

Haku

<3
I thought it was quite rude for Riku to fall asleep on Sora all of a sudden when he was trying to think about what he was going to say next lol, but another wonderful update.

T

trazin

omg i feel like a freakin caveman havent read this ff in about a month only had time to read up to chapter 64

Rauxlen

Awards
Hahaha! I haven't heard anything from you in FOREVER trazin! How's your FF going, by the way?

Princess of KH

lol it's ok, trazin! I haven't been on here in...a while.
But i'm here now - and i've got a chappie for you guys! XD Enjoy!

Chapter 68

“Sora, get up. Sora, come on.” Sora frowned, still half asleep. He pushed the hand shaking his shoulder off, turned over, and accidentally fell in the floor, since there wasn’t much room to turn over in a chair. “Ugh…” He muttered and looked up. Kairi was leaning over him, making sure he was okay. She was giggling a little, seeing him just fall out of the chair clumsily. “Morning.” She said with a smile.

Saying, “Morning” was just like saying, “Good morning”. It was just like the, “Night” instead of, “Good night” thing. It was just something they were used to. Sora smiled back at Kairi and replied, “Morning.” Kairi leaned back, still smiling. “You’ve got to be the most graceful person I know, Sora.” Riku said with sarcasm, saying “Morning” in his own way. “Thanks a lot, Riku. You’ve got plenty of room to talk about being graceful, though. Tripping over your own two feet and all.” He said with a grin. Kairi giggled. “There was a rock there, Sora. You know that. That was when I was thirteen; it’s been three years and you still can’t let it go.” Riku rolled his eyes.

They were referring to the time when Riku had tripped over a small rock that was covered by some leaves. When he fell down, he hit his face on another rock so hard that he got a pretty serious nosebleed. He had to go to the hospital to make sure he didn’t break his nose or anything, and he had always been pretty embarrassed about it. Luckily for him, though, no one else was around when he tripped, so the three of them didn’t tell anyone else, for Riku’s sake.

“I could let it go, but it’s too funny.” Sora laughed, remembering the exact details of the story. “I thought he was going to die; he lost so much blood. It wasn’t funny; it was scary.” Kairi said. Sora laughed even more now. “Okay, besides what happened three years ago, anything else you’d like to bring up?” Riku said, glaring at Sora. He wasn’t serious, of course, but Sora finally stopped laughing. “Okay, then. I’ll take that as a no. Now, we need to figure some things out. You guys tell me what you know needs to be solved, first.” Riku said.

It was only eight in the morning, so they had plenty of time to talk before Riku had to leave for Earth. “Well, we need to figure out why the heartless are on Earth, how they got there, how to get them all out, and keep them from coming back.” Sora said. “And we need to find Dane and Anna. And get things sorted out between us and him.” Kairi said. “What do you mean, ‘get things sorted out between us and him’? Taking to them hasn’t ever seemed to help. We don’t sort things out with our enemies, Kairi. We kill our enemies before they kill us.” Sora said.

“Well, you sorted things out with Riku, while he was our enemy, didn’t you? That worked, didn’t it?” Kairi protested. “But, Riku was different. He was our friend. Dane’s not our friend.” Sora said. “Dane may not be our friend, but he’s Anna’s friend, or at least he was. Why do we have to just kill him? What if we can change him?” Kairi protested again. “Trying to change someone doesn’t always work.” Sora said, running out of things to say. “If it doesn’t always work, that means it does work sometimes. Why can’t Dane be one of those times when it does work? We can at least try, can’t we?” She wasn’t giving up on changing Dane. Sora accepted his defeat in the conversation and sighed inwardly. “Yea, we should try to change him, first.” Kairi was right, as usual. She smiled as if the conversation never happened. “If I had just met you, I’d probably write you off as a reckless killing machine. You better be careful.” She smiled brightly at him. Even though her hair was a tiny bit disheveled after recently waking up, Sora still thought she was absolutely beautiful. He smiled a large smile at her. “I will be.” He said with a hint of laughter in his voice.

“Now that your little talk is over, can we get back on track?” Riku asked, used to little friendly arguments like this. “Yea, sorry.” Sora said. “Do you have any idea where Anna is? I know she’s with Dane, but do you have any idea where he took her?” Kairi asked Riku. Riku shook his head. “And last night, I wasn’t ignoring the fact that Anna didn’t come back with you. I was just seriously tired, and they had me drugged up and all that so I was pretty out of it.” Kairi added.

“Druggie! Kairi’s on drugs!” Sora laughed. “Cut it out! I didn’t tell them I wanted to feel like I was high, okay?! I didn’t ask for a million painkillers to be injected into my elbow!” Kairi jutted the inside of her elbow out to show them the tiny little pricks right over the veins. “And they made me drink painkillers, too. Or whatever else they used besides painkillers. But it’s not like wanted to be high on medicine, Sora!” Her voice was slightly raised, although there was a hint of laughter in her voice and a sparkle in her eyes. She knew he was joking; he was always like that.

Riku ended their moment suddenly. “It’s okay, Kairi. I could tell you were tired. Do you think they’ll let you out of the hospital today?” Riku hoped for a yes. “I don’t know. I hope so; I’m ready to leave. I feel fine, so maybe they’ll let me -” The sound of the door opening caught her attention and made her stop talking. The three of them looked at the door and watched a nurse walk in.

“Hello, I’m Yuilyn. Just here to check up on you. How are you feeling this morning, Kairi?” The nurse looked at a clipboard in her hand to find out this patient’s name, being Kairi. She appeared to be in her mid twenties, and she had a bright smile on her face. “I’m fine. What else do the doctors need to do to me, since the surgery’s over?” Kairi prayed for the answer she wanted. “Not too much. They just need to make sure you’ll be all right once you leave. Need to check your blood; see if the transfusion is working, as in if your body is accepting the new blood.” The nurse said sweetly as she scribbled something on her clipboard.

“Have you eaten breakfast yet?” Yuilyn asked. “No, but we will in a minute.” Kairi answered. Sora was glad she decided that; he was getting really hungry. “All right, then. You know where the cafeteria is, right?” Yuilyn almost forgot to ask. “Yea.” Kairi was ready for the intruder to leave. “Okay, well, a doctor should be in at eleven to do some tests. Hope you keep getting better.” She said cheerfully as she walked out he door and shut it behind her. “Yuilyn. Funny name.” Sora said under his breath. “At least try to be nice, Sora.” Kairi looked at him. “Sorry, but it’s true.” He said with complete honesty, shrugging his shoulders.

“So I can’t leave today.” Kairi said with sadness in her voice. “It’s all right, Kairi. We’ll just keep doing this until they let you leave. Can we go eat now? I’m really hungry, and my stomach is killing me.” Sora complained. “Yes, Sora, we can go eat breakfast now. Just let me change clothes.” Kairi stood up and walked over to a table with some folded clothes on it. She grabbed a top and some pants, walked into the bathroom, and shut the door.

“You hungry?” Sora looked back at Riku. “I guess so.” Riku really wasn’t hungry, but he knew he’d need some sort of fuel for the day, and he might as well just eat breakfast. “So when are you leaving today?” Sora asked. “Around nine fifty. I’m supposed to meet Anna’s friends at a park.” Riku wasn’t all that happy about having to spend another day with them, but he hoped things would go better than they did the day before. “What are Anna’s friends like?” Sora questioned. “Annoying. Wimpy. Helpless. Hopeless. Talkative – way, way too talkative.” Riku talked like it was a pain to talk about them. “Sheesh, you are SO nice, Riku. Can’t you at least pretend to be nice for a moment?” Sora stared at Riku, trying to tell if Riku was serious about them or not. “I’m not being mean; I’m not lying. That’s what they’re like.”

“Oh. Maybe they’ll be better today. I wouldn’t expect Anna’s friends to be like that.” Sora felt bad for Riku, who had deal with them for an entire day. “I hope so. What are you going to do today? Stay here with Kairi or come to Earth with me?” Sora thought for a moment. He lost concentration when he heard the bathroom door open. Kairi walked out in grayish-blue pants and a short-sleeved shirt that was the same color. They looked like what the nurses wore, but on Kairi, they looked a touch too big. She had apparently combed her hair, since its messy appearance had disappeared. Sora thought she looked even more beautiful, hospital clothes and all.

“I don’t mind if you go to Earth, Sora. Really, go ahead and go.” She had obviously heard the conversation while in the bathroom. “Are you sure? I mean, what if…” Sora didn’t know what came after “what if,” but he said it anyway. “I’m in the Destiny Islands hospital. What can happen? I’ll be fine. Just go with him, okay?” Kairi knew something could happen; something could always happen. But she didn’t want to make him stay there with her; he wasn’t the one forced to stay there, she was. Sora looked at Kairi for a moment, making sure she really didn’t mind him going. She had her normal sparkle in her eyes, and it made Sora smile, like always. “Okay. Let’s go eat now – I feel like I’m starving to death.” Riku grinned at that. “What?” Sora didn’t see how saying he was starving was funny. Riku looked at Sora, still grinning. “You sound like Anna; always hungry.”

“Dane, where are we going?” Anna asked as they walked through the portal. Her and Dane had just left the hotel they spent the night at. The hotel was in the small town she had seen when she and Dane were out on that hill, and it was a small town indeed. Anna insisted on getting separate rooms, which he was going to do anyway. But it took them a while to get in their rooms because they had to book their stay, pay for the expenses, and then wait for the maids to get done cleaning their rooms.

“We’re going back to Earth. You said we needed to go back.” He didn’t want to face Sora, Riku, or Kairi, but he knew he’d have to eventually. “Yea. By the way, where are we now?” Anna hadn’t bothered asking before, although she hadn’t really given much thought to asking, anyway. “A town called Protection, on the world Refuge of War. It’s a different world. You haven’t been here before, as far as I know.” Anna shrugged. “Okay.” She said simply as she walked through the portal. She wondered where on Earth the portal would end up at, but she knew she would find out in a second.

She walked out on found herself standing on a beach. It wasn’t Destiny Islands, she could already tell. She waited for Dane to walk out so she could ask him where they were on Earth. She waited for a moment, but she didn’t hear any footsteps. “Dane?” She turned around and saw the portal closing, but she didn’t see Dane. “Dane!” Her voice was anger mixed with nervousness when she yelled his name. She didn’t know whether to be mad at him or to be worried for him. Was he planning on just leaving her there, or did something happen to him? She decided she’d find out for herself, and she ran at the portal.

As she started to step through it, she felt warm specks of some liquid splat on her arm. She looked down and saw that it was blood, and she wasn’t the one bleeding. She quickly looked up and started going again, only to be knocked back about ten feet by something – she didn’t see what or who it was. “Wha- what?” She quickly got up off the ground and saw the portal closing. “Dane! Get out here!” She yelled. Running back to the portal was useless; it would be closed by the time she got to it. Instead, she waited anxiously for something, anything, from Dane. But the portal closed, and she got nothing. Only silence.

Princess of KH

Since i have a feeling it's going to be a while again until i'm on here, i'll leave you guys w/ 1 more chappie. Be thankful i'm being nice! lol j/k

Chapter 69

“Is that them?” “Yea. Sora, try not to mention Anna, okay?” Sora and Riku were walking towards the park where Emily and Bethany were waiting. They were the only ones there. “Why can’t I mention Anna? She’s their friend, isn’t she?” “They’ll probably ask a lot of questions about her if you say something, so just don’t refer to anything they don’t already know about.” Riku could see the two girls asking fifty questions at the same time, and it worried him that he and Sora might have to listen to that. “Okay.” Sora replied.

“That’s him. Or, them. Who’s the other guy?” Emily asked. “No way! That’s the main character of the video games! His name is, um, I forgot.” Bethany said as they watched Riku and his friend walking their way. “Do you think we should be doing this?” Emily asked. “Doing what?” “I mean, should we really be searching with him? We don’t really even know him, and he doesn’t really know us. All of this seems too weird.” Emily was being cautious, like she always was. “Of course we should be doing this! It’s the right thing to do. I feel bad for him, losing Anna and all.” “Yea, I do feel bad for him. But if anything bad happens, I’m blaming you.”

Riku and Sora finally reached Emily and Bethany. Riku paused a moment before speaking, as if he was enjoying the last bit of silence he might get for the rest of the day. “This is my friend, Sora. Before we start searching, there are some things you need to know.” The two girls glanced at each other, scared of what he was about to say. “First off, you have to keep you eyes open at all times. Second, you’ll have to learn to fight heartless, cause we’re going to keep running into them. Third, you have to learn when it’s okay to talk, and when you need to keep silent. Did I make myself clear?” Riku relaxed himself so he wouldn’t scare them, like he did the day before.

“Yea. Did we talk too much yesterday?” Bethany asked. Riku thought for a second before replying. “I was referring to know that if something strange is going on, that you need to keep quiet.” “Oh. I didn’t mean to talk so much yesterday. It’s just that I was really nervous, and I talk a lot when I’m nervous.” Bethany explained calmly. Riku noticed she was much calmer than she was the day before, and decided to believe her. “Same here. Sorry.” Emily added.

“It’s okay, but you’re going to have to fix that problem if you get nervous easily. Today is going to be a lot different from any other day you’ve ever experienced.” Riku was glad that they both seemed pretty calm. “Shouldn’t we start looking for Anna and Dane now?” Sora butted in.

“Yea. We could cover more ground if we split up, but I really don’t want to get any of us separated. Where do you think they might be?” Riku looked at Emily and Bethany, who started thinking of places. “Riku? What’s that place Kairi got shot at called?” Sora asked Riku quietly, so the girls wouldn’t’ hear. “I don’t know. You think Dane and Anna might be there?” “Maybe.” Sora and Riku turned back to the girls and saw they were still in deep thought. “We’re going to try one place before we start looking here.” Riku told them as he looked around for a good place to open a portal. “Where’s that?” Emily asked. “Don’t know what it’s called, but we know how to get there.” Sora answered.

Riku saw the same pavilion he had used last time. He decided that it would have to do. “Come on.” He said as he started walking towards it. The others followed. Riku walked into the men’s restroom to make sure no one was inside it. He walked back to the door and opened a portal just inside it. “What on earth is that?!” Emily asked with wide eyes. “A portal. Let’s go.” Riku said as he went to walk through. “It’s inside the men’s restroom! I’m not going in there!” Emily said with emphasis on the word “men’s”. “There’s no one in there. No one’s here to see you go in, either.” Sora said persuasively. “Come on, Em.” Bethany said as she stepped closer to the portal. “Whatever.” Emily muttered as Bethany grabbed he arm and pulled her up to it.

Riku walked in first to make sure it was safe. Sora instinctively made the girls wait for Riku to say it was okay. Once Riku gave the okay, Bethany walked through casually, pulling a reluctant Emily with her. Sora went in after them, making sure there was still no one there. The park was still empty, so he turned around and walked through.

“That was so cool!” Bethany whispered to herself. “It actually was.” Emily added in a whisper. The two girls stared at the area in front of them. “Looks like there’s been a war here.” Emily mentioned. “You catch on quick.” Sora said with a grin. Riku started walking through the rubble carefully but quickly. Sora followed Riku, looking for anything that could help them find Anna and Dane.

Bethany and Emily decided they should follow the other two, so they caught up to them quickly. “What exactly are we looking for here? I don’t see any people.” Emily asked. “Anything that looks suspicious, or out of place.” Sora answered, still looking around. “Are there any towns or buildings around here?” Bethany asked as she looked. “Not that we know of.” Riku replied. He looked back at them and saw the two girls staring at a large bloodstain on the dirt ground. “Blood’s not too out of place here, is it? You’re going to see a lot of that stuff everywhere here, so you can’t keep staring at it every time you see it.” Sora said as he pointed at the dried blood they were gawking at. The girls looked up quickly and kept moving, although they now looked with terror stricken eyes.

“I guess they don’t see too much stuff like this on Earth, do they?” Sora asked Riku when he got farther away from the girls. “No, they don’t. Anna said killing is illegal where she lived; the only time you could kill someone was if you followed a bunch of rules. You had to be in law enforcement, I think. And there’s a lot of other rules that go with it. I can’t remember, but I’d hate to live there, being in our circumstances all the time.” Riku imagined not being able to kill his enemies, and then realized he’d probably be in the jail they had where Anna came from. “I’m with you on that.”

“Ahhhhhh!” Sora and Riku turned around quickly as soon as they heard one of the girls scream. They were being attacked by heartless, and the two girls were freaking out. “I wasn’t even paying attention.” Sora said casually as he ran towards them. “Same here.” Riku replied.

In a short amount of time, they killed all the heartless. “Are you okay?” Riku asked, looking relaxed. “Yea.” Bethany said quietly. She seemed scared and amazed at the same time. Emily, however, was only scared. “I thought I was going to die.” She whispered to no one in particular. Sora had to try his hardest to keep from laughing, and Riku almost rolled his eyes. “You guys will have to get used to those things; you’ll see them a lot now.” Riku said in a slightly annoyed tone.

“But I don’t have anything to fight with. I’d try to fight, but I don’t have a weapon.” Bethany said. “You might be able to find a weapon here. I know you can find a gun, but I don’t think there’s any ammo left. Try looking for a sword, or a staff, or something like those. Something that doesn’t require any ammo.” Sora instructed with a grin; he still wanted to laugh.

“I can’t fight. I’m just can’t do that kind of stuff.” Emily finally protested, having found no weapons that suited her, and having convinced herself she had to let them know she couldn’t fight. Bethany walked over to her, dragging a buster sword and a large battle axe. “Which one should I use?” Bethany asked. She picked up the buster sword, but she almost immediately dropped it on her foot. “Not that one, for sure.” Emily laughed. “Why are you laughing?! I could’ve just stabbed my foot!” Bethany exclaimed. “And that’s why you shouldn’t use that one.” Emily responded, still laughing.

Bethany rolled her eyes and tossed the buster sword off to the side. Sora and Riku exchanged glances; Bethany was stronger than she looked, for sure. “What about this one?” Bethany asked. “An axe? Are you sure?” Emily questioned. “I like it. It looks really cool, and at least I can get a good grip on it.” She walked away from the others and swung the axe around some. She had surprisingly good control of it, and she could hold it like it was a stick. “I think you should go with that one.” Sora mentioned. “Me too.” She said as she turned around. “Emily, you’ve got to find something.”

“But I’ll probably kill myself with whatever I get on accident! I’m too clumsy.” Emily sighed. “What about this?” Bethany bent down and picked up a wand. “Bethany, I’m not looking for a fairy wand, I’m looking for a weapon. What am I gonna do with a wand? Pixie dust someone to death?!” Emily crossed her arms and refused to take the wand from Bethany. “I think you’d be better off using magic, instead of a sword or anything like that.” Riku said. He took the wand from Bethany and threw it to Sora. “Show her some magic.” “What should I do? Maybe thundaga?” Sora held the wand like he’d used it a million times. “Yea; do it on that tank.” Riku pointed to a small tank farther off.

Sora smiled and walked a little closer to it. “What’s he doing? Thunder?” Bethany asked. “Thundaga. Just watch.” Riku kept his eyes on the scene before him. Sora, now just a little bit away from them, held up the wand, and at the word “thundaga”, lightening came from the wand and struck the tank, about ten yards away. Bethany and Emily stared in amazement. “It’s not hard. I think you’d be good at it, if you try.” Sora said as he walked back and tossed the wand into Emily’s reluctant hands. “I don’t know…” Emily muttered. “Just try it already!” Bethany said.

“Fine! How do you use this thing?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back