• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Destiny's Fate -

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rauxlen

I've posted once since 2010
Awards
Haha, wow, that was funny XD I could so imagine Sora sleep-singing like that XDDD

Princess of KH

i thought it'd be nice to change things up a little. after all, us teenagers do tend to get sidetracked in ways like that.
i'm glad you guys liked it!
i'll try to have the next chappie up soon, k? maybe even today.

Princess of KH

alright! here's the next chappie! hope you guys like it!
the whipped cream war is my way of showing the humanity of the characters. they are teens, & we all know that us teens get distracted by stuff & then sometimes...we make a big deal out of it just for the hek of it. well, the characters do it as well. & don't they have enough reason to? they deserve a break for a little bit. like Sora competing in the tournaments at the Coliseum when he's supposed to be saving the worlds, blah blah. distractions happen to the best of us!

Chapter 89 - The Whipped Cream War, part II

Riku jumped out the window and ran after Anna, followed by Alex and Tidus. “Is this really very important?” Alex asked the two. “Yes it is! Look what she did to us! She can’t go unpunished!” Tidus said. They were shortly joined by Sora and Wakka, who had two bags of cookies and three cans of whipped cream. Anna was far ahead of them, but she was still running fast. The other girls were still ahead of the guys, but they were starting to lag behind. “Here, take the camera. There’s a reason I quit the track and field team.” Selphie said as she handed the camera, still filming, to Kairi. “Are you sure you don’t want to come?” “Yea, Kairi, I’m sure. I can’t run well.” “I’ll stay with her. I hate running.” Emily said, jogging beside Selphie. “Me too. We’ll meet you guys back here or something.” Bethany said. “Okay.” Kairi replied. She then ran faster, trying to catch up with Anna.

“Does she normally run this fast?!” Wakka asked Riku, referring to Anna. She hadn’t slowed down at all, and they’d been chasing her on the shoreline for five minutes at top speed. “Yea. We’ll catch her off guard, though. Go through the portal, and as soon as you get out, spray the whipped cream, okay?” Riku told them. “Yea!” They replied. He opened a portal ahead of them and they ran through.

“Anna! He used a portal!” Kairi called out, seeing what Riku had done. Anna nodded and stopped running. She quickly opened a portal and ran through, coming out beside Kairi. Kairi and Anna watched at the four guys came out of Riku’s portal right in front of where Anna had been. They unleashed a ton of whipped cream on nothing but thin air before they realized that she wasn’t there. Anna and Kairi laughed. “Gotta go.” Anna whispered to Kairi as she opened a portal and went through. She came out farther ahead of them and started running. Suddenly, a portal opened in front of her. It was black – Riku’s. She stopped running instantly and looked behind her. Sora, Wakka, and Tidus were still running. Alex had started walking over to where Kairi was, obviously tired of the chase already. Anna turned back around to see Riku standing there, looking at her. She instantly opened a portal and fell back into it. It closed just before he could get through.

“Are we ever gonna catch up?! Can’t we just stop and eat the cookies?” Wakka asked. “No! She’s got to pay for what she did to us!” Tidus insisted. “I dunno, Tidus. These cookies are looking pretty good right now. Hey, where’d Anna go, anyway?” Sora said. “There she is! Hurry up!” Tidus exclaimed as he turned around and started running. Anna was fairly close behind them, running away from their direction. “How’d she get back there?!” Wakka asked as they ran. “Portal. Also how I got here.” Riku answered. He was running beside them.

“She’s not giving up, is she?” Alex asked Kairi as they stood by a tree, watching as she filmed Anna running their way, being chased by the other guys. “Nope. She hasn’t got to have fun like this in a long time. We’ve been too busy with everything else that we’ve barely had any time to actually relax. That’s why they’re all acting this way. Except for Tidus and Wakka. That’s just how they are all the time.” She explained. “Y’know, I’m not sure I’ve seen anything like this in a really long time.” She laughed. “Yea, seeing a girl being chased on the shoreline relentlessly by a group of shirtless guys, smeared in cream, holding cookies and cans of whipped cream. And the portals are making everything much more interesting.”

“Make her laugh! She can’t run well when she’s laughing, right?!” Sora told the others. “Yea, you’re right. Throw a cookie at her!” Riku ordered. “I can’t hit a girl! At least, one that’s not evil. But I can’t hit Anna! She’d hit me back, and then you’d kill me, and I’d feel like a jerk anyway!” “Sora, you won’t hit her. Just throw a cookie at her or else we’ll be doing this all day!” “All right, all right! Hold on, lemme get one out of the bag. Oh no! My bag’s all out of cookies!” He exclaimed. “How is that possible, Sora?! It was full when we left my house!” Wakka said. “I ate them all!” “Just take my bag!” Wakka shoved his bag in Sora’s hands. “Okay! Hold on a second.” He tried opening it, but it wouldn’t come undone. He stopped running and pulled at the bag in every direction. “What’re you doing?!” Tidus asked him. “It won’t open up, no matter how hard I pull!” Sora replied, his face red from pulling so hard. “Sora, you have the bag upside down! Flip it and then it’ll open!” Riku told him. “Ohhhhhhhh. Okay!” Sora started running again and caught up with them. He flipped the bag and pulled the bag apart.

Anna turned around to see how close the guys were. She looked just in time to see Sora rip the bag of cookies in half, and trip on nothing, landing flat on his face. The cookies flew up in the air everywhere. She broke out laughing, and forgot about running. “Gotcha.” She jerked around and before she knew what was going on, Riku’s hands were holding both sides of her face, and he was kissing her. Suddenly, she felt something foamy spraying her from the side. Riku let go of her and they both looked at Sora, Wakka, and Tidus, who were spraying as much whipped cream on her as they could. She closed her eyes and waited for them to finish. “Okay, we ran out.” Sora told her as they shook the empty cans. “That’s good.” She said as she wiped the cream out of her eyes and off her face. “That was the best food fight EVER!” Sora shouted. “It was definitely the most dramatic.” Alex added. He and Kairi were a few yards away, walking up to them.

“I’m gonna go wash this off in the ocean.” Anna told them. “That’s a good idea.” Wakka said as he followed her. Riku, Tidus, Sora, and Alex followed them. “Last one in is a loser!” Wakka called out. Anna was already in the water, so she just turned around to see their reactions. Sora and Riku both ran, jumped, and dived into the water. Alex followed by jumping shockingly far and diving into the water. Since Tidus and Wakka were the farthest away, they both ran as fast as they could. A wave rolled up on the shore and hit Tidus’s ankles. “Thank you, rushing ocean!” he said as he flopped into the water. “I can’t believe I just lost a contest I started!” Wakka frowned as he walked into the water. “You can’t be seriously upset about something that stupid.” Alex commented. “I’m not, I was just kidding! Everyone knows I’m not a loser!” “We do?” Sora asked with a grin. “Yes, you do!”

“Children, let’s pretend like we get along.” Anna said sarcastically. “Yes mother.” Sora said in the same tone. “You obviously need a mother around to keep you out of constant trouble!”” She replied with a smile. “Whatever. Let’s go back to Wakka’s house.” “Why my house?” “Well, our shirts are there.” Tidus said. “Right. Okay, let’s go!” They ran out of the water and onto the beach. Everyone started running back to the house. Kairi got behind everyone so that the camera could see them. Suddenly, Anna called out, “Wait! Stop! Guys, stop!” They stood still and looked at her. “I’m hungry.” Riku sighed and smiled. “You didn’t get any breakfast, did you? No snack, either?” “Nope, and my stomach hurts like crazy. Feels like it’s so hungry it’s eating itself. It’s starting to give me a headache, too.” “Whoa! Your stomach can eat itself! That is SO cool!” Sora exclaimed. Then he thought for a moment before adding, “But that’s bad, isn’t it? Cause then you wouldn’t have a stomach, would you? And then you couldn’t eat anything…and none of that sounded logical at all, did it?” “Nope. Made no sense at all, Sora.” Anna told him. “So what now?” Kairi asked. “We should probably go back to Wakka’s house and discus what happened with Tidus, why we forgot about Alex, everyone’s new memories, what to do about Earth being under heartless attacks, why Naminé keeps bringing people from Earth here, and anything else I forgot.” Riku answered. Anna looked at him with desperate eyes. “Wakka, how much food do you have at your house?” “Uh, I dunno. I think my mom’s getting more groceries later, though. Which means I probably don’t have much food.” “Then we’re going into town. Anna’s got to eat before she passes out.”

“But you guys don’t have shirts on, and everyone except Alex and me are soaking wet.” Kairi reminded. “Wait – you guys forgot about me?! You just went off and forgot about me?!” Alex abruptly interrupted. “It wasn’t on purpose! I Promise!” Sora spat out quickly. “Shadow made us. Memory stealing and all that.” Anna explained as she rubbed her stomach like you’d rub a sore muscle. “Okay, now that we’ve cleared that much up, let’s go. I’m getting hungry, too.” Riku said. As soon as the words left his mouth, Anna took off walking towards the town. “Where’s the closest place to eat?” She asked anyone that would answer as they walked a little behind her. “A super-fancy restaurant --” “Next closest one?” Anna asked, breaking off Sora’s answer. “They won’t let us in. We’re dripping wet and you guys are half-clothed. Some place where they’ve got a drive-thru or an outdoor counter like at Scrooge’s ice cream shop.” She told him alone with everyone else. “There’s a cheap fast food place a little bit into town. They’ve got a drive-thru.” Tidus quickly answered. All the talk about food, being hungry, and restaurants was making him hungry, also. Anna nodded and walked faster. “She’s really hungry, isn’t she?” Alex asked Riku quietly. “Yea. Sometimes it kinda just hits her. This is one of those times.”

Once they got into town, Anna walked the same pace as the others, since she had very little munny on her at the time and she had no idea where she was going. “There it is.” Sora announced as he pointed to a small building that was farther down the street. “Thank God.” Anna muttered. “You guys have enough munny? I’m kinda broke right now.” She said. “Yea. I’ve got a bunch. Just got paid from my job.” Wakka replied. “Who all’s hungry?” Wakka asked. Everyone raised their hands. “Who all do I have to pay for?” He gulped. Anna and Riku raised their hands. Wakka breathed a sigh of relief. “Why are you broke? You’re never broke!” Tidus looked at Riku with a shocked expression. “I had to spend it all on ice cream and five expensive cookies.” He answered as he looked at Anna. She grinned and almost started laughing. “What’s so funny?” Sora asked. “Inside joke.” Was all Riku said.

They all reached the restaurant and went to the drive-thru. No one was in line, so they just walked up and looked at the menu. After a few minutes, everyone had picked out what they wanted. Anna pressed the button on the small machine by the large menu. “May I take your order?” A guy’s voice asked, coming out of the machine. Anna held down the button while everyone ordered what they wanted. “That’ll be 100 munny. Please drive around to the window to get your food.” The voice told them. As they all got out their munny and counted it up, Anna asked, “Have you guys ever done this before?” They all shook their heads. “First time for everything.” She sighed as she rubbed her stomach some more. Riku collected the money from everyone and led them around the corner of the building and up the window. “This’ll be good.” Kairi mentioned as they waited for an employee to come to the window. They waited a minute or so, and then Anna suddenly knocked on the window loudly. “Anna! You’re not really supposed to do that!” Tidus gasped. “I don’t care! I want my food before I die of starvation!” A teenage guy, who they guessed to be the same one who talked through the machine, ran up to the window and quickly opened it. “Sorry, I was…um…you guys aren’t in a car.” He bluntly stated. “No, we are obviously not in a car.” Anna bluntly replied. “I can’t give you guys your order unless you’re in a vehicle.” “Seriously?” Anna asked, hoping there was an exception. “Seriously. My manager will fire me.” Anna thought for a moment.

“Is your manager here?” She asked in a different, nicer tone. “Well, no…” “He doesn’t have to know, then. I mean, it’s just one time – giving people their food. It’ll add a little munny to your paycheck, too. It can’t be of too much consequence, if any at all. Who’s gonna be mad at you for giving some people the food they ordered?” She put her arms on the small counter and leaned on it. He blushed. “Your nametag says your name is Killua. How old are you?” She asked, using a cuter tone. “Uh, seventeen.” He stammered. The blush on his face got redder. “Call me Anna. I’m sixteen. We’re fellow teens. You know how hungry we get when we don’t eat for a long time. But I’m worse than that. I’ve got a killer headache and I think my stomach just ate itself out of starvation.” Killua laughed, half because of what she said and half because he was nervous. “So could we maybe get our food, just this once? We’ve got all the munny for it. If we weren’t dripping wet and barefoot and if they had shirts on,” she nodded her head in the direction of the guys, “then we’d just go inside, but…as you can see…that’s pretty much not an option. You understand, right?” “Yea…hold on a second.” He stammered as he turned around and walked into the kitchen. Anna turned around and smiled. “Sheesh, Anna! I didn’t know you could be so manipulative!” Sora mentioned. “I didn’t know you could say words that big.” Riku told Sora with a grin. “Hey! Don’t tell me I’m stupid!” “I didn’t say you were stupid. You came up with that all by yourself.” Sora stared at Riku with his mouth hanging open. “You guys are like little kids. It’s so funny.” Anna giggled.

“Here’s your food.” Killua said as he returned to the window with a big bag. Riku took the bag and gave him the munny. Killua took it and put it in the cash register. “Do me a favor? Don’t tell anyone else who works here about this, okay?” “Sure thing! Thanks, Killua! See ya around!” Anna smiled brightly and waved as she walked away. “Bye!” He called after her. Everyone else followed her. “Man, you know how to get what you want, don’t you?” Tidus asked Anna. “You could say that.” She answered as she rummaged through the bag for her food, found it, pulled it out, opened the wrapper, and took a huge bite. “You like hot dogs?” Kairi asked, a little surprised. “Yea. Why?” “Here we go.” Wakka shook his head. “No, seriously! Hot dogs are made out of really weird animal parts!” Kiari exclaimed. “I know.” “Huh?!” “I know, Kairi. I mean, I don’t really know what’s in them, but I know it’s not exactly good meat. Truth is, I don’t care. I’ve been eating hot dogs all my life, and I’ve never got sick from them.” Anna shoved another huge bite of the hot dog into her mouth.

“You’re not a vegetarian, are you?” Anna abruptly asked her. “No. I just don’t eat things that have questionable ingredients.” Anna nodded in response. “My dad used to tell me that they made hot dogs out of these short, long dogs. But I still ate them.” Anna grinned. “You’d eat a dog?!” Sora gasped. “What? I was a kid! It’s not so weird on my world. Some parts of the world still eat dog. Not where I live, but other places. It’s not too common, though.” “That’s sick and wrong!” Kairi exclaimed. “You’re an animal lover, aren’t you?” “Yep. She loves dogs and kittens to death.” Sora answered for Kairi. By now, everyone had their food, and was eating away as they walked to Wakka’s house. “You don’t like animals?” Alex asked. “I do. I love dogs and cats, too. Except for the demonic cats that go all crazy and attack you…” Anna left the sentence hanging as she appeared to be remembering something. “You’ve been attacked by a cat before?” Riku asked her. “Well, no, but almost. A lot of people I know got attacked by demonic cats.” “Demonic, crazy cats? Sounds farfetched to me.” Wakka commented. “Well, they’re not actually demonic and crazy, but they are mean. Only some, though. I like the nice ones. Anyway, the way I see it is that eating animals is okay. I wouldn’t eat a cat or a dog, but, cows and chickens and pigs and all that, yep, I’ll eat ‘em. They taste good.”

“So, what do you think Selphie and your friends are doing?” Alex asked Anna, changing the topic to something of importance. “Knowing Bethany and Emily…they’re either laughing about something, or they’re talking about everything that’s been going on, and why.” “You think they know anything important?” Wakka asked. “I know they do.” Tidus mentioned. “Huh?” “I’ve talked to them, on Earth. I’ll tell you guys when we get to Wakka’s house.” “No fair! You get us all curious and interested and then leave us hanging?!” Sora exclaimed. “Yep. He did. Just wait a little bit.” Anna told Sora. “Anna?” Tidus started. “Yea?” “Bethany and Emily…you trust them, right?” “With my life.” “Good.” “Why?” “I’ll tell you later.”

Rauxlen

I've posted once since 2010
Awards
Yay! Another chapter :D
Once again, hilarious XD
And daaaang, another cliffy. I want to know what happens noooow D:

oathkeeper100

Okay, I have fianlly read all the chapters so far, and let me tell you, it was a pleasure to read this fanfic. I've read some fanfics, but yours so far has been one that I couldn't stop wondering what was going to happen next and constantly wanted to read more. The story is so real it actually could be apart of the video game story line and I just knew that it was going to be a great story from the begging, it was short and sweet and to the point. Right away we are introduced to this bubbly Anna, and sarcastic Riku, and there I knew they were going to be a couple. Your story made me smile, laugh, cry (not really) all at the same time. And some of the chapters that you wrote were so good, I especially liked the one were Riku and Anna finally kiss! (I had been waiting for that for a long time.) I also find the last previous chapters funny. Enough of my rambling, keep up the work and can't wait for the next update.

Princess of KH

^_^ glad you guys liked it! i don't have the next chappie with me, but i'll have it the next time i'm on!
lol yea, i did leave you guys with a cliffy, didn't i? well...i can't say much about that other than that i guess i'm building up my reputation for being the Princess of Cliffhangers.

Princess of KH

OMGSH I AM SOOOOOOOO SORRY! i'm always saying that, but i always mean it. i've been so busy with school & everything else going on right now...& i've been grounded....so yea. but, here's an update! lemme get the chappie & i'll have it up here in a minute! again, i'm so sorry!

Princess of KH

i was a little hesitant to write all the contents of the chapter cause i didn't know if they would really go along with the KH series (with nobodies and all), but i knew something like this would come up if this situation took place. so, i went ahead with it. 90th chappie! man! 10 away from 100! omgsh i honestly never thought i'd get this far! i'll try to have something special to have on the 100th chappie. hope you enjoy this one!

CHAPTER 90

“You flirted with the guy just to get some food?!” Emily gasped. Bethany started laughing. “That’s terrible!” Selphie added. “I did not flirt with him! I do not flirt with random guys!” “So you just go around flirting with any guy you know? That seems so unlike you, Anna.” Sora commented. “I DON’T FLIRT WITH GUYS I KNOW OR DON’T KNOW! I DON’T FLIRT AT ALL!” Anna exclaimed. “Not even with you?” Sora asked Riku. Anna blushed a tiny bit, but only Riku noticed. “No. Not even with me. She really doesn’t flirt with guys at all.” “Then what’d you do to that guy to make him give you guys your food?” Bethany asked. “I just made him nervous, that’s all.” “You mean you manipulated him!” Sora refuted. “So what if I did! We got our food and he got to meet me. I even told him he could call me Anna and that I was sixteen. He told me his name, Killua. See? It’s a win-win situation. He got to meet me, and I got us our food. I see nothing wrong with what I did. That’s a good type of manipulation, see? No damage done.” Anna explained. “Nice. Guys are so easy to manipulate.” Bethany said. “I never said that.” Anna mentioned. “No damage done – to you. But to that poor guy…you probably made him think he had a chance!” Emily refuted. “Not my fault he thought he had a chance with me. We talked for no more than five minutes. Anyone who thinks they might score a chance with me that easily is a hopeless romantic.” Anna sighed. “I take it she’s hard to get?” Alex whispered to Emily, who was beside him. “Oh yea. Never had a boyfriend before, never wanted one. That’s just how she is. Was.”

“As much as we’d all love to sit and talk about unimportant and irrelevant things, we need to get a lot of stuff figured out.” Anna stated, breaking everyone’s chatter. They all looked at her. “First…what’s first?” She didn’t know where to start. “Why you four came here from Earth. Dane too. And how you came here.” Riku started. “Naminé didn’t really tell me, but in a way, she said that I was supposed to help you guys, right? And since I’m the Princess of Light, right?” Anna was the first to reply. “Yea. But what about Dane?” Sora asked. “He had Dusk, which is…” Anna stopped to make the staff appear, “…this. But…he kinda went down the wrong path.” “So you killed him?” Bethany asked. Emily’s eyes opened wide. Anna flinched. “No! You think I’d just kill someone without giving them a chance to change?!” Anna exclaimed. “Anna, she doesn’t know.” Riku whispered loud enough for only her to hear as he put his arm around her back. Anna withdrew a little bit and swallowed back her rising emotions. “Sore spot.” Kairi whispered to Emily and Bethany, referring to Dane’s death. “Then what about you, Alex?” Sora asked. “I’ve got Dawn.” He made his staff appear and tossed it to Sora. Anna tossed Dusk to Sora so he could compare them. “What about you two?” Selphie asked Bethany and Emily.

“Uh…I’m Anna’s friend?” Emily suggested. “Wait – you don’t have anything special about you?” Sora questioned. After realizing that he basically just said she wasn’t special in any way, he stammered, “Not that you aren’t special, but, um, cause I’m sure your special somehow, not that it’s not obvious or anything, but can you at least fight?” “Sora, you’ve got no tact at conversation.” Wakka sighed. “I can’t fight. I never took Karate or Taekwondo, so, I don’t know how to fight at all.” “Same here.” Bethany added. “So you took fighting classes on Earth?” Selphie asked Anna. “Nope.” “Then how’d you learn how to fight?” “Well, when you’re fighting for your life and all, you kinda manage to get by. And you get used to it, so that’s how I can fight like I can. And…I used to watch a ton of action movies.” “Movies where they kill heartless?” Tidus joked. “No. People. But the people who die normally are bad people. So it’s okay.”

“Anyway…we’ll have to ask Naminé why Bethany and Emily are here. Now, how did you guys get here?” Kairi asked. “Portals from Naminé.” They all answered in unison. “Okay…then…are all of the worlds safe?” Selphie asked. “Not necessarily. We’ve still got two worlds to go to, and then there’s Earth. Other than those, the worlds are safe.” Riku answered. “Okay, next. Why is Earth under heartless attack? There’s even nobodies there. Why did this happen all of the sudden? Bethany asked. “I think it was because whoever is in control of the heartless and nobodies wanted to capture Anna. I thought it might’ve been Dane, but it wasn’t.” Riku replied. “Whoever it was, they never got me, but they’re smart enough to put my family in danger so that I’ll go to them, and then they’d try to kidnap me while I was there. It’s a simple plot, but it shows that whoever it was knows what they’re doing.” Anna added.

“We can’t know for sure. We’ll have to ask Naminé. Next...is anyone in control of the heartless now? What about the nobodies? Cause…it used to be that…no one was in control of the heartless. But then Maleficent abused the machine Ansem made, formed her own heartless army, wrought chaos, blah blah blah, and died. So, who’s got them now?” Sora asked. “You’re right. Now that Maleficent’s dead, who could be controlling the heartless? Or, is anyone controlling them?” Kairi added. “Again, we’ll have to ask Naminé. Y’know, we should really just try to meet her and figure all this stuff out. How does she know all this, anyway? She must put her hand into everything that goes on and do what she can to help. Man, we probably owe her a lot, don’t we?” Anna mused. “Probably.” Kairi replied, and then added, “Maybe…maybe I could bring her out, somehow. Call on her, or something. We could get quite a bit of our answers now if it worked.”

“Can we do that? Could I actually call out Roxas? What would happen to us?” “I don’t know. I’m trying to find her, though.” Kairi answered. She closed her eyes and sighed. Her face looked down as she mouthed Naminé’s name once or twice. She started to glow. Abruptly, Naminé emerged from Kairi, like she was walking out of her. Everyone’s eyes opened wide, including Kairi’s. “It worked! No way!” Sora gasped. “I was wondering myself if this could be done…” Naminé mused. “Lemme bring out Roxas!” Sora exclaimed excitedly. He then took on a serious expression, closed his eyes, and concentrated. After a few seconds, he started glowing, and Roxas suddenly walked out of him. “Been a long time since I’ve been out like this.”

Anna suddenly gasped. Everyone looked at her strangely. “Sorry. But…could I…would I be able to give them…?” She looked at Naminé, then Roxas, and then Riku, as if she were waiting for one of them to answer. Only Riku seemed to know what she was actually asking, however. “I’m not sure. Think they’d lose their memoires if you did? Or would something happen to Sora and Kairi? What if Naminé lost her ability to alter memories?” He said in response. “I don’t know. But, what if it worked?”

“Okay, I know you two’ve been together almost every day for almost a year now, and you’ve got your own Anna-Riku language going on there, but we don’t know what the heck you guys are talking about!” Sora interrupted. Anna and Riku both looked over at him. “We’re discussing the possibility that…” Riku didn’t quite know how to finish it. “I might be able to give hearts to Roxas and Naminé.” Anna finished. Kairi and Sora’s eyes widened, as did Naminé and Roxas. “You never thought about it? I’ve been thinking about it for a pretty long time now. I thought you would’ve. I mean, don’t you know just about everything that’s going on?” Anna asked Naminé. “Well, yes, I have wondered about it. But, I didn’t know what the consequences would be. Like Riku mentioned, I don’t know if I’d lose my ability to alter memories. Which could be bad…” “Aren’t everyone’s memories back to normal now? Everything back to the way it was?” Kairi questioned. “Everything’s back to how it was before Shadow changed things, and everyone’s memoires are recovering. The memories will take some time, but it shouldn’t be too long.”

“Then what are you hesitating for?” Roxas asked Naminé. “We could be whole! The both of us, together – whole. We wouldn’t be bound to Kairi and Sora, and they wouldn’t be bound to us. Shouldn’t that be a good thing?” Roxas asked Naminé. “It would be a good thing. But what would happen to Sora and Kairi?” “Naminé, don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine. If I’m not whole, or something happens to me, Anna can give me a new heart, right?” Kairi turned to Anna. Anna nodded in response. “See? We want you to be free. Don’t you want to become a real being? Don’t you want to feel emotions?” Kairi reasoned. “Yes, I honestly do. I’m just worried that someday, my ability might be needed, and I might not have it anymore.”

“Then we’ll find someone else. You deserve this, Naminé! Stop worrying about us and think about yourself for once.” Sora told her. After a few moments, she finally said, “Anna, can I have a heart, please?” “Yep! Roxas, I assume you’ll take one, also?” She smiled. “Of course.” “I don’t know how this is going to feel, like if it’ll hurt or not, but you know the risks. I’m going to utilize the rule of ‘ladies first’, sorry Roxas.” He grinned. “So, here goes…” Anna closed her eyes and concentrated. After a few moments, she started glowing dim yellow, and the glow gradually increased. She looked straight at Naminé with bright yellow eyes and a calm expression that was almost blank. Her right arm stretched out in front of her loosely, with her palm facing the ceiling. Above her hand formed a small, yellow, glowing orb. It’s size increased and finally faded to reveal a bright pink heart.

Everyone’s eyes were wide by now, but Naminé’s eyes were the biggest. Roxas, not knowing this because he was standing a little farther back, still came up beside her and took her hand. She grasped it tightly. The glowing pink heart above Anna’s hand floated to Naminé and entered her slowly. Anna’s glow faded quickly and she collapsed into Riku’s arms, who’d moved behind her knowing that she’d fall after the process was complete. “Anna!” Selphie, Wakka, Tidus, Alex, and Emily all gasped. However, Naminé also collapsed. Roxas caught her before she hit the ground, though. They all gasped her name, too. “Why did they both faint?!” Bethany exclaimed. “It always happens to Anna. She’s fine. I’m not sure about Naminé, though. She’ll probably wake up in a moment.” Riku answered as he sat down in a chair and held the unconscious Anna on his lap, leaning her up against him. Roxas picked up Naminé and sat down, also, setting her on his lap.

An eternity passed for them, though it was actually only about a minute. Anna finally blinked her eyes open and looked up at Riku. “Hey.” He said with a little smile. “Hey. Did it work?” She asked in a quiet voice. “We don’t know yet. She fell unconscious after receiving her heart. She hasn’t woken up yet.” “She at least looks okay, right?” “You could look across the room and see, y’know.” He grinned. Anna suddenly seemed to remember that she was in a room with everyone else. “Oh. Right.” She forced back her blush as she looked over at Naminé. She was in Roxas’s arms, leaned up against him, sitting on his lap. “She seems fine. They look so cute, sitting together like that.” Anna said softly. “You mean a lot like you and Riku are sitting?” Emily asked with a little grin.

Anna looked at her, then at Riku, then back at Emily, and then looked at everyone else. They were all looking at her and Riku. Again, she forced back the blush burning under her skin. She’d been so dazed that she didn’t realize she was on Riku’s lap, leaning against his chest. “Figures.” She muttered in a tired voice. She closed her eyes again and sighed. “Normally you would’ve gotten up and sat in your own chair. What’s wrong?” Riku asked her in a barely audible voice. Everyone else’s attention had turned away from them, so they didn’t see him mouthing anything. “If you want me to get up, you could just ask.” Anna grinned faintly. “I’m quite fine with holding you. But are you alright? You look tired.” “Uh huh. It took a lot to make Naminé a heart. I had to duplicate Kairi’s and then alter it, since Naminé didn’t actually have a heart to begin with. So it took some effort. Let’s just say it wasn’t easy.” She breathed.

“Okay. Why don’t you go ahead and sleep then? I’ll wake you if Naminé comes around.” He suggested. “Nah, I’m fine. Don’t want to sleep; just sit here.” “Fine with me.” He smiled. She laid her head against his shoulder and unconsciously cuddled with him to get comfortable. By the time she was still, her head was against his neck, and her arms were tucked in against him. Her eyes were closed and her breathing was shallow.

Suddenly, Naminé stirred. “She moved!” Sora exclaimed. Anna jolted and looked over at them. “She waking up?” “Yea, I think so.” Roxas answered. Naminé slowly opened her eyes and looked up at Roxas. “Is she okay, Roxas?” Sora asked, concerned. On her face was a look Roxas had never seen before. She lifted up her fingers and touched his face. “Roxas…?”

Last edited:

Princess of KH

cause i'm feeling nice & highly apologetic, i'm giving you guys another chappie. hope you like it! ^_^

CHAPTER 91

Roxas stared at her with scared eyes. A million thoughts raced through his head, causing different emotions to fight to be shown in his expression and eyes. The emotions weren’t real, but he was so accustomed to the fake emotions that they worked very well. “Naminé? Are you okay? Does it hurt, having a heart? Does it feel good? Does it both hurt and feel good? Did it hurt, receiving it? Are you hurt? Are…are you still the Naminé I know? Did the heart change any memories? Do you still have your memories? Do you still remember me? What if you don’t remember me? Do you still have your power to alter memories? Maybe you could get yours back? Did the heart actually work? Did it actually absorb into you? What if it didn’t work? Did it work? What’s it like, having emotions? Will you regret this? Are you okay? Why haven’t you said anything but my name yet? And why did you sound strange when you said it? You do remember me, don’t you? Naminé, do you still…like me? Now that you can actually feel emotions, what emotions do you feel? Why are you touching my face like that? Don’t you remember my face?” Everything flew around in his mind within seconds.

“Naminé, are you okay? How do you feel?” He asked quietly. A tear escaped her eye and rolled down the side of her face. “Oh no. Why is she crying? What’s wrong?” “Are you okay?” He repeated. She nodded. Her mouth broke into a smile and she suddenly threw her arms around his neck and hugged him. He hugged her back, wishing he could return her apparently overflowing emotions. Feeling something wet soak through the fabric of his shirt onto his shoulder, he pulled back and looked at Naminé and saw that tears were flowing out of her eyes, but a smile was on her mouth. “Why are you crying?” He asked.

“Let me give you a heart, and you’ll understand why.” Anna answered for Naminé. “Okay.” He let Naminé get up, and then he stood up. She grabbed his hand before he could take hers, which made him smile. “You’ll pass out, as Naminé did. But it’s just because you have to adjust to having a heart, considering you haven’t had one.” Anna explained as she got up off Riku’s lap. “Ready?” “Yea.” He answered. He squeezed Naminé’s hand once and sighed. “Okay then. Here goes.” Anna sighed as she closed her eyes and concentrated. Within seconds, she was glowing like she had been before. Her eyes opened to reveal her yellow irises. Her right arm rose up, and her hand stretched out loosely. A glowing yellow orb formed above her palm, and after a few seconds, it diminished and a bright pink heart was uncovered. It floated slowly over to Roxas, and then absorbed into his chest. He immediately fell over. Naminé managed to catch him and sit him in the chair behind her, though it was a little hard for her, since she was obviously smaller than he was and weighed less. Anna also went unconscious, and Riku again caught her and sat down, putting her on his lap.

“When will he wake up?” Naminé asked no one in particular. “It took you a minute or two to come around. I guess should wake up in the same time period.” Sora answered. “How does it feel, to have a heart now?” Kairi asked Naminé. “I’m not really sure. I think I finally know what happiness feels like. It’s strange; like I’m finally waking up.” She answered, though she kept her eyes on Roxas. “How do you indentify emotions you feel? How will I know what I’m feeling?” She asked. “You’ll know. You’ve observed people’s true emotions before. You’ve matched their moods with the emotions they say they feel. You’ll catch on. It comes with experience, I guess.” Riku replied as he unconsciously stroked Anna’s hair. “What does real happiness feel like?” She asked. “True happiness is sorta hard to define. But, I think the easiest way to describe it is when you feel really warm inside, and you feel like you almost can’t contain it.” Kairi said in response. “You seriously just gave her the ‘warm and fuzzy’ definition? That’s lame, Kairi.” Sora grinned. “It is not! Can you describe it any better?!” “Nope.” “Then don’t try to refute it!”

“Hey Riku? Do you mind if I ask you something?” Emily asked him. “What?” “Has Anna ever told you how much she likes you? Or even that she likes you at all?” She questioned, somehow seeming to be testing Riku. “Yes, she has.” “What’d she say, in a short version?” “You don’t have a right to ask that! That’s between him and her!” Bethany told Emily, though she seemed to want to know the answer to her question. But Riku knew what Emily was doing. She was making sure Anna really liked him, and she’d probably keep “testing” him to see if he “deserved” Anna or not. Though he’d obviously proved himself to Anna, he apparently had to prove himself to Emily now, also. “She said she loved me.” He answered simply. Bethany whipped her head around and stared at him. “Seriously?” He nodded. “Alright. Just wondering. Wait, who said it first? You or her?” “Okay, now that really is between him and her!” Bethany exclaimed. “Me.” Riku answered, just to make Emily happy. “Okay.” Emily said, seeming somewhat happier.

“Naminé, do you mind if we ask you some questions?” Sora asked her. “Go ahead.” “What the heck’s been going on?” He asked simply. She smiled at his starting question. Then Roxas groaned quietly. Her head snapped to look at him. “He’s waking up.” She stated quietly. His eyes clenched shut tighter, and then they opened. “Hi, Naminé.” He said, looking at her. “Hi.” He stood up and smiled at her. “So this is why you were crying.” He said softly. He wrapped his arms around her, and she hugged him back. “I’m gonna go outside to get some air, cause it’s cold in here and I hardly ever get to see the ocean.” Emily suddenly stated, standing up. “Yep. Me too.” Bethany added. They walked to the door, opened it, and realized that Selphie, Wakka, Tidus, Alex, Kairi, and Sora were behind them now. “You wanna come too?” Emily asked innocently, not realizing that she’d provided a way to let Roxas and Naminé be alone for a little while. “Yes they do so let’s go.” Bethany said hurriedly, shoving her out the door. “Okay so --” Emily started; however, Bethany’s shove caused her to fall on her face. “Oh my gosh! You just pushed me over! You just shoved me to the ground like little kids do on playgrounds! What the heck?! That hurt, sheesh! What’s wrong with you?!” Emily exclaimed as she pulled herself up off the ground and rubbed her forehead. “Just go!” Bethany almost shouted, and pushed Emily yet again. Emily fell down the flight of three stairs on the porch and flopped onto the sand. “Ow! Stop pushing me over! That was totally uncalled for! You’re like a ten year old bully!” “Did you just admit you’ve been pushed to the ground twice by a ten year old?” Alex asked as everyone made their way onto the porch. “No! It was sarcasm!” She huffed as she got up and took a huge step away from Bethany. “Alright, now, to the beach.” Emily announced as she started walking in a random direction. “Uh, Emily, the beach is that way.” Sora pointed straight out towards the part of the sea closest to them. She stared at the spot. “Right.” “Sora, shut the door already!” Kairi scolded when she noticed that Sora was standing in front of the front door, with it gaping open. He went to shut the door quickly but accidentally leaned too far forward and banged his head against the door. A loud thud rand out. He rubbed his head with one hand and shut the door with the other.

“Smooth, Sora.” Riku muttered to himself as he watched the others leave. He smiled to himself when he saw that Roxas and Naminé barely seemed to notice that they left. They were totally immersed in the moment. Riku would’ve gone with them, but seeing as how Anna was in his lap, asleep, he didn’t go. He didn’t think it’d be a good idea to carry her down the beach while she was unconscious so that someone could accidentally throw sand on her or something like that. It was a little hot outside, too, and Anna didn’t like hot weather. He knew Roxas and Naminé needed to be left alone for a little while, though. He stood up and sat Anna back down in the chair. When he left go of her, one of her hands gripped his shirt, not wanting to let go. He smiled to himself and gently pried her fingers off the cloth. He walked into the kitchen, found a piece of paper and a pen, wrote his cell phone number on it, and walked over to Roxas and Naminé. They looked at him, both so overwhelmed with the sudden rush of new emotions that they weren’t embarrassed at all. “I’m going to take her to my house so she can rest. This is my number; call me when the others get back or if you need anything. If Wakka’s parents come home, call me and I’ll give you directions to my house.” Roxas took the piece of paper and stuck it in his pocket. “Thanks.” He said simply. “Will she be okay?”

Riku looked over at Anna, who was still in the chair the way he’d left her. “Yea, she’s probably just worn out. Making your hearts was harder than making regular hearts. She had to remake Kairi and Sora’s, and then alter them so that they would be yours. It apparently took a lot out of her.” “I hope it didn’t hurt her…” Naminé started. “Even if it did, it couldn’t make her regret it. She’ll be happy to know that you guys are okay and that you have your own hearts now.” Riku said as he walked over to her and picked her up into his arms gently. He walked to the door, but stopped before leaving. “She’d want me to tell you that she’s happy for both of you. I am, too.” They smiled and said goodbye, and he walked out the door after returning the goodbye.

He walked to his house, contemplating a lot of different things. He didn’t walk very fast; he didn’t want to wake Anna. Unfortunately, his house was pretty far away from Wakka’s, so he knew it would take a while to get there since he wasn’t running. About ten minutes away from Wakka’s house, he started thinking about how they were supposed to tell Anna’s family what had occurred for the past year. Even though it wasn’t an entire year, it was getting close to being one. It was a long time, and a lot of stuff happened in the time span. He was understandably worried about how they would take everything. And what if they didn’t like him? What if they thought that he was too…well, there was a lot of things about him that weren’t normal for people on Earth.

“What’re you thinking about?” Anna asked quietly. He snapped his head down, startled. She’d apparently woken up, though he could tell she was tired. She giggled a little when she saw his surprise. “Nothing.” “C’mon, how stupid do you think I am? You’re obviously thinking deep, or else you would’ve noticed that I woke up a minute ago. And you had that expression you always have when you’re thinking hard about something.” She yawned after talking, covering her mouth. “What the heck are we supposed to tell your parents? They’re probably freaking out right now because they can’t find you, and Bethany and Emily aren’t there to tell them that they’ve seen you.” He sighed. “I don’t know. I know my parents, though, and I know how they’re acting right now. They’re probably freaking out, true. But they’ll trust me. Whatever we tell them, they’ll know we’re telling the truth. I don’t know how to tell them everything, though. Don’t worry. In the end…” She left it hanging, waiting for him to finish it out. “We’re doomed.” She grinned at his answer. “No, Riku, we are not doomed. Let’s try this again. In the end…” “We’ll be grounded for life by our parents.” “No, Riku! We will not be grounded! In the end…” They were clearing just playing around now. “You’ll be hungry and I’ll have to buy you sea salt ice cream.” He grinned, and she did after his reply. “No—Okay, I will be hungry, most likely, and you’ll probably have to buy me food. But…In the end…” “…I forgot.” “How did you make it past first grade?” She smiled. “I told myself not to worry, cause in the end, everything would be alright. And I made it through.” He smiled back.

Anna suddenly realized that he was holding her. “How long was I out?” “About fifteen, twenty minutes. Roxas and Naminé stayed at Wakka’s house, and the others went down to the beach to give them time alone.” “And where are we going?” “To my house.” “Why?” “I wanted to let Roxas and Naminé be alone, I wasn’t going to take you to the shore where Sora could somehow trip over you and get both of you hurt, and my house is the best place for me to take you if you’re going to get any rest.” “But I’m not tired.” He laughed. “You sound like a little kid trying to stay up past her bedtime.” “I don’t want to sleep right now, though, and I’m not very tired. If I sleep during the day, I’ll be up all night.” “Aren’t you up all night most nights anyway?” “Yes, but—.“ “Alright, you don’t have to sleep. As long as you don’t pass out again.” “Alright. Now you can put me down and we can go to the beach with everyone else.”

“I don’t think so.” He refuted. She sighed. “Okay, you’ve carried my around enough recently, don’t you think? I really can walk now.” “I was planning on putting you down anyway.” He let her down gently, but grabbed her arm softly before she took off. “We’re not going to the beach?” She questioned. “Nope.” She was confused. “Where are we going?” “Where was I taking you in the first place?” Her eyes widened. “I’m not so sure--” He pulled her after him as he walked. “We’re going to my place.” “Wait – aren’t your parents at work? It’s not five yet, right?” She desperately asked. “Most jobs get off at six here. And if they’re not home, we can wait for them.”

“But they don’t know that you’re here, right?” “I don’t know. Probably not, so we better go let them know, right?” He grinned. “Well, you could call them!” “My phone’s at my house.” “We can use Wakka’s!” “We’re already closer to my house.” “You don’t know that!” “We’re halfway there. You’ll be fine.” He told her. She reluctantly trudged beside him. After a few minutes, Riku stopped and turned to her, putting his hands on her shoulders. “They’re just my parents, Anna. You’ll meet them sooner or later. Why not now? I haven’t seen them for a long time. Maybe I’d like to see them as much as you’d like to see your parents?” She seemed to gasp on the inside. “Oh my gosh…I’m so sorry. I’m so sorry, Riku. I’m so selfish…” She stammered. “No, no, I didn’t mean it like that. I just want you to know that I want you to meet my parents. I was trying to persuade you.” It looked like she ignored what he said, even though she heard him. She let her head drop and stared at the sand, feeling guilty of some crime against Riku. “You helped me so much this year…but I haven’t helped you at all. I totally ignored your needs. I’m so sorry.” He couldn’t help it; he started laughing a little. “Hey, look at me.” He told her as his laughter subsided. He tilted her head up with his fingers so that she looked at his face. With a smile, he said, “You’ve helped me so much this year. I don’t know how you could think you’re selfish. You’ve always seemed to care more about my needs than even your own. Now do I have to carry you to my house or will you go willingly?” She smiled. “I’ll walk, thank you.”

Princess of KH

of course i'm still writing! haha i'll be writing for the rest of my life, as far as i know...
i can't update now, cause i'm actually 7 hours away from home at state tournament for my school's boys soccer team (i love my boys! they're so awesome at soccer!) wish my boys luck, ok? i'll tell you guys how they did once the toournament's over!
glad you guys liked the chappies! ^_^

Princess of KH

oh dear lord...you guys have no idea how awful i feel! oh man....i'm so terrible at updating! i'm so so so so so forever sorry, guys! well...my soccer guys won by a landslide...the final game was 10 to 0...so we killed. it's almost time for basketball state championship...hope we win that too...

i can't update now i'm so terribly sorry but i'll try to soon!

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
I'm around Chapter Ten, and this story is quite interesting. It's certainly is going to take a very long time to catch up. 8|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back