• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Digimon vs Pokemon (which one do prefer)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiku

Bronze Member
Website
www.s14.invisionfree.com
i like Digimon 1&2....i guess 3 was ok but...when you put cards into the mix it was a bit crazy but 4 went way out of line with basicly killing the use of Digimon partners and making the kids become the Digimon themselves. i know some people like it and some people think it's making the Digidested(sp?) more involved but i just liked it better with the first and second, it being with a group of kids and a group of Digimon.

starry_eyed_hero

Digimon just plain sucks in my opinion. Pokemon's ok, but not really anymore though. Pokemon hit it's high point, like 3 seasons back, during the Pokemon Master Quest. Since then it's just been going downhill.

So, since Pokemon actually had a high point, and Digimon didn't, I'd have to say Pokemon is better.

Deidara

Pokemon has points for having decent-good hand-held games. Seriously, which one of us hasn't at some point of our lives been sucked into the Pokemon franchise? =\

Meilin

Legendary Role Player of Water
Awards
Website
mayrlynray.tumblr.com
Pokemon's games are immortal. No game since tetris has gotten so much mileage out of one type of gameplay.

But I still like Digimon's plot better. It exists, unlike Pokemon.

Crest

No! Don't sneeze!
Let's see uh... ACHOO! Huh? Where am I now?
None... but I'd prefer Digimon because the first few episodes of Pokemon were good and HAD potential. Then later comes the repetetive episodes, they have absolutely NOTHING to do with the storyline. And it's really predictable what will happen. Digimon is similar but it has an actual PLOT.

Demon X

Website
www.xanga.com
You QUEERS Have Got To Be Kidding Me...I Mean Come On,Some Of You Guys Are 15 Or 18, And I Liked That Stuff When I Was 8...And Then I Got A Life!!You Retards Make Me So Freakin' Mad I Feel Like Killing Someone!! :mad:

Cloud_Unchained

Hooray! Hooray!
Demix17 said:
You QUEERS Have Got To Be Kidding Me...I Mean Come On,Some Of You Guys Are 15 Or 18, And I Liked That Stuff When I Was 8...And Then I Got A Life!!You Retards Make Me So Freakin' Mad I Feel Like Killing Someone!! :mad:

Don't call anyone queer. I know some people of the homosexual orientation and I have no problem with them. Don't try to act mature by saying you grew out of things. If you really did have a life, don't spend it here because some people on the forums LIKE expressing their opinions. If you feel like killing someone, kill yourself. That means one less ignorant person in the world to deal with.

Anyway, despite the fact that I used to like both (and spent all my money on the cards and other marketing ploys) but now hate both, I pick pokemon.

Pokemon's storyline was easier to follow, unlike Digimon. Pokemon was simple, Ash wants to be the best, so accompanied by his friends, he travels the world.

Digimon was different. In the first season, the first set of digidestined got the digivice, and they had to defeat the evil digimon. The second one was the same idea, but the digi evolution developed into morphing two digimon then giving it armor. Then the third one, they used cards to do...stuff. I got confused.

So overall, pokemon.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I HATE POKEMON.

The plot is always the same for each episode! The drawings are odd, and the voices are scarey. Besides that, the only character developement is in Ash. All the others are just there. They meet a new person in every episode, and end up fighting them. Then Team Rocket comes. They are stupid, so they get themselves blasted into outerspace. It's repetetive, and dumb.

Now Digimon is a show to be appreciated! It has an awesome plot, with new twists and turns in every show. It has heartfelt characters, that go through changes, and become mature. They badguys are smart. That's the key, not getting blasted into the air and having there eyes bulge out. The Digimon look interesting. Not just blobs with eyes (which half of the Pokemon are). They can also talk, and show intelligence. Overall, Digimon rocks Pokemon's world!

'Nuff said.

Pokemon, and Digimon are NOT the same. Digimon is SO much diffferent than Pokemon. Give it a chance.

Oh, just hanging out with Demy - HEY GET BACK HERE
I still like Pokemon and Digimon about the same, thoguh I have been favoring Digimon more lately.

I also like all the Digimon Seasons equally. Sure I didn't care for Tamers the first time I watched it, and some of the dubbed episodes for the Frontier series wanted to make me scream, but when I look back Season 2 had tons of plotholes and Season 1 reminded me way too much of Pokemon (especially the starting episodes) so I'd say they're about the same.

I definitely prefer the first Season of Pokemon. After that things just went in circles. The TV series needs to evolve or die. How about putting some of the Shadow Pokemon plotline in there? Sure it's not much of a plot, but it's still a plot.

One thing I have to say for both; each have a lot of potential for fics, and I'm amazed at what some people have come up with for these two series.

Crest

No! Don't sneeze!
Let's see uh... ACHOO! Huh? Where am I now?
Actually Winged Mirage-chan... people HAVE written fanfictions... Except on another webisite. I would love to say what it is... but that would be advertising so I won't. Some of them are mostly Alternate Universes, Romance Stories, Season 5...ish, some yaoi/yuri, and altered character's personalities.

So... yeah um.. I can't think of anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back