• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

disc

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
your clear disc. I found it

ClearCD_FL.jpg

although, you could lose the silver ring in the middle. Make them actually 'clear'

helios

Bronze Member
|shady| said:

ClearCD_FL.jpg

although, you could lose the silver ring in the middle. Make them actually 'clear'
You actually found one lmao.

jmaine06

Website
s14.invisionfree.com
|shady| said:
It's the other way around. The blue discs are just CD-R's so they can't hold that much. That's why they were used for the first games for the PS2. The silver back discs are DVD's, so they can hold much more content + they are a faster disc.
Oh, and not all PS2's ( including mine ) cannot play blue discs.

Uhhh...wrong. The blue discs are called Blu-ray discs, so they hold WAY more information. Sony used it way back when on the Playstation, but it wasn't as good as it is now.

The PS3 will be using blu-ray format, it can hold a buttload of content, which is one of the reasons for its high pricing...

And DVD-R's aren't faster, it's how the information is put on the disc determines how fast it is...

Don't believe me? Check it out: Blu-ray Disc

Just a tidbit of info for you...

E

Eclipse

Even FACTS willl never let me believe you!

j/k. i don't really care

i can't believe ya'll actually found a clear disc..lol

helios

Bronze Member
jmaine06 said:
Uhhh...wrong. The blue discs are called Blu-ray discs, so they hold WAY more information. Sony used it way back when on the Playstation, but it wasn't as good as it is now.

The PS3 will be using blu-ray format, it can hold a buttload of content, which is one of the reasons for its high pricing...

And DVD-R's aren't faster, it's how the information is put on the disc determines how fast it is...

Wow this guy just came in here and proved you wrong how do you feel about that.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
|shady| said:

ClearCD_FL.jpg

u can still see if the put a cover on it cause u can see right through it.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com

WRONG. sorry. but Blu-Ray Drives aren't even sold yet. They're being released in May. Another thing, PS3 might be delayed because they can't get the Blu-Ray Drives.
If you have a blue bottom disc, pop it into your PC, you'll see that it's a CD-R.

if you don't believe me read this:
Blu-Ray official site said:
When will I be able to buy Blu-ray products?

If you live in the US, you will have to wait until the Blu-ray launch which is scheduled for May 23, 2006. While we've heard very little about the launch plans for the European market, we expect it to follow shortly after the US (some products might launch earlier).

helios

Bronze Member
So you guys are going to argue about wether they are blu rays or CD-Rs ................and jaxvex your just jealous that i came up with the idea first hater.

jmaine06

Website
s14.invisionfree.com
|shady| said:
WRONG. sorry. but Blu-Ray Drives aren't even sold yet. They're being released in May. Another thing, PS3 might be delayed because they can't get the Blu-Ray Drives.
If you have a blue bottom disc, pop it into your PC, you'll see that it's a CD-R.

Okay, then what are the blue bottom discs then?

helios

Bronze Member
I thought they were CD-Rs to but i really dont have all the info you guys have so ill just be sitting here making comments on your debate.

jmaine06

Website
s14.invisionfree.com
Then what's the point of having one CD one color, then make a blue bottom with the same capablilities? That just makes everything a little confusing...

(We are getting a little off topic...)

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
You can get CD-R's in any color you want. I've seen pink, green orange etc. I think they chose blue, because the PS2 was kind of blue, so they wanted to to resemble the PS2. I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back