• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Do you guys think 2.5 will use the Kingdom Shader?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisis

Since by the time 2.5 comes out, the ps4 will more than likely have been out for 7-8 months (just me guessing, nothing official), do you guys think that there's a shot of 2.5 utilizing the shader showed off in Kingdom Hearts III? I know it's a longshot, but I want to read people's opinions.

axel95

Awards
I doubt it. 2.5 will more than likely be a PS3 exclusive, and Kingdom Shader is being developed for PS4. I don't know if they can use it on PS3. I just don't see them taking the time to make a Ps3 and a PS4 version of the game.

Crisis

I doubt it. 2.5 will more than likely be a PS3 exclusive, and Kingdom Shader is being developed for PS4. I don't know if they can use it on PS3. I just don't see them taking the time to make a Ps3 and a PS4 version of the game.

It will more than likely be PS3 since Nomura seems to be softening up on making us jump consoles every 10 minutes,you're right about that, but I just want to see people's idea on the possibility.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
They would probably have to remake the games for that so I doubt it, the HD remasters are just tune ups. Besides, I think the tool is still in development while 2.5 is more than likely already being worked on. From what I recall the teaser for KH3 wasn't even using the Kingdom Shader because they couldn't get it to work yet so the teaser just shows how the effects will eventually look.

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
The PS4 is ditching the PS3's CPU (Cell) because it made PS3 development an arduous task for developers. Because of that, no PS3 games are compatible with the PS4 which makes using the Kingdom Shader with KH 2.5 unlikely. I highly doubt they'd want to retool an engine solely for one game.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
I'd guess it's going to use a similar HD method as 1.5. I couldn't see them using the Kingdom Shader for ps3.

They need to decide on a CPU to use. PS3 slim wasn't backwards compatible with PS2 mostly because of the difference in CPUs and PS2 used Emotion Engine or something like that. And now, PS4 isn't backwards compatible with PS3 games. It'd be great if we could just have one CPU and could play every game. But, from a game developers perspective, it's good to experiment I suppose.

EDIT: I digressed a little. Sorry. I wanted to reiterate what was said before.

State

Awards
With technical details aside, HD "remasters" are simple HD upscales meant to net a quick cash. Other than that, Nomura promised a KH game per year, so there you have next year's; KINGDOM HEARTS 2.5 ReMix.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
even if Kingdom Shaider were compatible ps3 I seriously doubt they'd use it because it would probably require a lot of work. And they're still working on it for the game it's originally designed for.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
I think it's unlikely even if KH2.5 was released both on the PS3 and the PS4. As others have stated it's simply an HD up scaling of the graphics and seeing it's they secondary priority and probably should come out before KH3, I don't see them doing much more than improving the graphics and making a Coded movie or something.

Awards
Nah, it's being developed specifically for KH3 with the Luminous engine. They'd basically have to completely remake KH2 in order to do that, and Luminous is a next gen engine anyway, so it wouldn't really be compatible with PS3. Nomura already stated that KH1 had to be completely remade because they lost the original files for it, and that took a few years to do. He didn't wanna remake Days as a whole game because KH3 is their main priority, so remaking KH2 would be out of the question. It will just be a simple HD upscale. Nothing else. They have a lot more to do with 2.5 HD already, with upscaling all 3 games in HD. BBS will probably require the most work because it was developed as a handheld title and the controls will need to be completely reworked.

Squabble

I'd say no because HD remasters doesn't have the same budget as full-fletched games like Kingdom Hearts III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back