• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does "2.5" make sense for the HD Port that includes KH2 and BBS?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FireKnight251

Honestly, I doubt that DDD will make an appearance in a KH 2.5 ReMix besides having it's cutscenes ported. BBS will undoubtedly show up as a fully playable game like Peace Walker did for the MGS HD Collection. And Re:Coded will just have cutscenes as well most likely. :3

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
As much as I'd love to see 3D as a playable game, I'm not going to get my hopes up. I'd still be overjoyed to see it as a full length movie though

FireKnight251

As much as I'd love to see 3D as a playable game, I'm not going to get my hopes up. I'd still be overjoyed to see it as a full length movie though

I think your wish is gonna get granted :3 Considering that the 1.5 ReMix is almost here, the remastering of 2.5 shouldn't take all that long either. The only real issue would be remaking Re:coded's cutscenes into... well actual cutscenes. And honestly, I just want KH2 Final Mix. That's the real prize for me. This 1.5 will be a nostalgia overload, but it will only keep me entertained until I have KH2 Final Mix. I can guarantee that I'm going to play the HELL out of that game.

Zero Dozer

I think your wish is gonna get granted :3 Considering that the 1.5 ReMix is almost here, the remastering of 2.5 shouldn't take all that long either. The only real issue would be remaking Re:coded's cutscenes into... well actual cutscenes. And honestly, I just want KH2 Final Mix. That's the real prize for me. This 1.5 will be a nostalgia overload, but it will only keep me entertained until I have KH2 Final Mix. I can guarantee that I'm going to play the HELL out of that game.

*Imagines Sora speaking with Terra's armor... And Terra's armor using TERRA'S VOICE...*

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
[video=youtube;1TruA88-sjM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TruA88-sjM[/video]

Even though I prefer the scene being voiceless on the Lingering Will's part, this video made me somewhat reconsider that. I especially like the added flashback cutscenes.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Considering that the 1.5 ReMix is almost here, the remastering of 2.5 shouldn't take all that long either.
Well, actually the game was in development at least a year before it was announced in September 2012. So now we're all expecting 2.5, well it will seem like longer because they have to start it first.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
Wow, I'm all for having the dubs for the Lingering Sentiment Battle, that was fantastic! Although I thought that flashbacks sound got kind of annoying after it happened liek 5 times in 7 seconds in the beginning lol but that's a great concept o_O

Zero Dozer

Wow, I'm all for having the dubs for the Lingering Sentiment Battle, that was fantastic! Although I thought that flashbacks sound got kind of annoying after it happened liek 5 times in 7 seconds in the beginning lol but that's a great concept o_O

Man, let's send it to Nomura. WE NEED IT ON THE ENGLISH FINAL MIX PLUS!

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Even though I prefer the scene being voiceless on the Lingering Will's part, this video made me somewhat reconsider that. I especially like the added flashback cutscenes.

I really like the flashbacks too, but I still think the armor should be voiceless. The ominous sounds it made was much more mysterious and intimidating

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Kind of reminds me of how in some boss fights in the "Tales of" games the characters would talk mid-fight between them and the boss.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Kind of reminds me of how in some boss fights in the "Tales of" games the characters would talk mid-fight between them and the boss.
Talk mid-fight? Why not just have them sing their battles?

[video=youtube;DcQpBNHVM_s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcQpBNHVM_s[/video]

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Well, actually the game was in development at least a year before it was announced in September 2012. So now we're all expecting 2.5, well it will seem like longer because they have to start it first.
But with the days movie, I would assume a huge portion of the work they'd wanna do for kh2 is Done already.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Oh Lord. We already had that with the KH2 Ursula "fight" (that's fight in quotation marks).

For those who have no diddlying idea what I mean:

the first minute of dialog

[video=youtube;qILitvMBfXk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qILitvMBfXk[/video]

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
If they do indeed make both Re:Coded and DDD into HD cutscenes, it might take them roughly the same amount of time ionno * shrugs*

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
If they do it'll mostly be coded. They planned this for a while so considering at least the ddd beta trailer was made on the bbs engine it's possible they won't have to do much to convert those cutscenes to PS3 format.

In fact, these "movies" could just be hd video files and not standard cutscenes(but if somebody hacks 1.5 and disproves that, send me the codes!) in which case there's no problem with format.

Either way Coded will likely be remade more so cuz ddd doesn't seem to need it as much.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
If they do it'll mostly be coded. They planned this for a while so considering at least the ddd beta trailer was made on the bbs engine it's possible they won't have to do much to convert those cutscenes to PS3 format.

It'll definitely be more of Coded because Coded, like Days, had lot of those cutscenes where it was just text with the characters portrait in the back, DDD didn't have any of those, not to mention DDD had a lot more HD scenes than Coded ^_^

Megavoltage

Awards
What if 2.5 comes with BBSv2 but it’s just cinemas. The game was canceled but Nomura still wants to tell its story, this would be an easy way to do that. BBSv2 could be one big movie like DaysHD or you could unlock separate cutscenes as you progress through the 2.5 collection. Does this sound at all plausible?

I guess parts of BBSv2 would take place during and after KH2 so it kind of fits with the 2.5 name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back