• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Doubts"/"Fears" about DDD HD..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
You know Nomura means it when he laughs. After all....2.8 + 0.2 = 3.

i am now curious what the other 0.2 is.

COMING 2017

KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2/2+2-2x2÷2=2: ROMANCE IN ZOOTOPIA

THE UNTOLD STORY FANS WISH WE UN-TOLD, THE ORIGINS OF III'S DLC EXCLUSIVE PLAYABLE CHARACTER, MAX GOOF.

in all honesty tho, for a guy that loves to shove numbers in his games he isn't that great at math.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
i am now curious what the other 0.2 is.
Nomura: It contains a bit of meaning. First, we considered the types of games that are being included such as KH3D and with the previous work being 2.5… it would be positioned as “2.6” corresponding to the works. And there’s χ, Unchained χ, and χ Back Cover, being part of the Chi series, I believe would be called the “0” with Sora’s absence. In KHBBS it’s “0.1” and this time KH0.2BBS includes the title “0.2”. So, “2.6”+”0”+”0.2” comes out as a number that turns into “2.8”.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Nomura: It contains a bit of meaning. First, we considered the types of games that are being included such as KH3D and with the previous work being 2.5… it would be positioned as “2.6” corresponding to the works. And there’s χ, Unchained χ, and χ Back Cover, being part of the Chi series, I believe would be called the “0” with Sora’s absence. In KHBBS it’s “0.1” and this time KH0.2BBS includes the title “0.2”. So, “2.6”+”0”+”0.2” comes out as a number that turns into “2.8”.

so, inbetween 2.8 and III, that leftover 0.2 is absence? this is a question i never would have asked 6 months ago. fucking thanks nomura.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Damn it, Nomura. At it again with the convoluted titles. And we all thought that 358/2 Days was bad.

Muke

whatever
Awards
so, inbetween 2.8 and III, that leftover 0.2 is absence? this is a question i never would have asked 6 months ago. diddlying thanks nomura.

Inb4 nomura announces
kh 0.2 - birth by 358 chains of daydreams

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I'm worried that they'll make 100% Affinity a Trophy, and that Affinity won't be fixed to level faster.
It's the one thing I still haven't finished on 3DS, and probably never will because why​.

That's my major concern. If the game is left completely intact otherwise, I'm not too bothered.
I'd like Link Points to accrue faster as well.

From the announce trailer, it seems like the camera is pulled back a bit?
B-but...3 minus 2.8 equals 0.2, so it should be the last 0.2...
2.9 is the only number between 2.8 and 3. In the sequence of numbers, there is only 0.1 missing.

When you add to subtract to reach a target number, the final 1 added to the base is that target number. We already have the 0.1 that becomes 3. We're missing the 0.1 that bridges 2.8 and 3.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm worried that they'll make 100% Affinity a Trophy, and that Affinity won't be fixed to level faster.
It's the one thing I still haven't finished on 3DS, and probably never will because why​.

That's my major concern. If the game is left completely intact otherwise, I'm not too bothered.

From the announce trailer, it seems like the camera is pulled back a bit?

Actually, I don't think they will.
Wasn't there the same fear for BBS' trophies and level 99? It didn't happen either, so I think there's hope for 3D.

Neyan

I really hope that 2.8 was just chosen because 2.9 was too boring/obvious because another collection with ALL the games in HD would be way too much...
Honestly it would make much more sense to say that 2.8 is DDD + 0.2 BBS = KH3 rather than Nomura's convoluted explanation

Oh well, he did say that KH3 is definitely the next game to release after 2.8 so let's hope he keeps that promise....

Muke

whatever
Awards
I really hope that 2.8 was just chosen because 2.9 was too boring/obvious because another collection with ALL the games in HD would be way too much...
Honestly it would make much more sense to say that 2.8 is DDD + 0.2 BBS = KH3 rather than Nomura's convoluted explanation

Oh well, he did say that KH3 is definitely the next game to release after 2.8 so let's hope he keeps that promise...
^ But doesn't he always say that? I think it was stated that the game after DDD would be 3, but we saw what happened...

(Not sure about the DDD part. )

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
^ But doesn't he always say that? I think it was stated that the game after DDD would be 3, but we saw what happened...

(Not sure about the DDD part. )
I don't recall that. All I can find is him saying DDD leads to KHIII, not that 3 would be the next one after.

Besides, 1.5 was announced months after DDD was released.

Neyan

While I was digging around for some interviews I stumbled across this...
Nomura said:
The next one is KH3 (laughs). There is a subtitle in 2.8 that has “Final Chapter”. Because of its prologue implications, KH3 would be the final chapter of the Dark Seeker series. With the meaning of 0.1 left, you will understand it in KH3.
Nomura on the title of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, 0.1 in Kingdom Hearts 3 - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

So, I guess the leftover 0.1 does have a meaning, but what it is we can only guess...

Muke

whatever
Awards

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I recall something like "there will be nothing between KH3D and 3." buuuut maybe that was meant story-wise? I mean, that wouldn't have been a lie.

Neyan

Huh. Thanks!

Maybe it has something to do with KH3's Gameplay or something like that? Or a new mode?
I have no idea, tbh
Maybe it's a part of the story that hasn't been told yet? Who knows, maybe we'll play as young Eraqus or maybe even young Xehanort in the tutorial section at the start of the game?

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards
While I was digging around for some interviews I stumbled across this...

Nomura on the title of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, 0.1 in Kingdom Hearts 3 - News - Kingdom Hearts Insider

So, I guess the leftover 0.1 does have a meaning, but what it is we can only guess...

Huh. Thanks!

Maybe it has something to do with KH3's Gameplay or something like that? Or a new mode?
I have no idea, tbh

Pre-order DLC bitches!!!

(Please God no)

realistically, I expect 0.1 to be something like a prologue (kh2 style)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back