• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Drop Gauge..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

whodeany

At the moment we don't have much of an idea of what the drop gauge is actually going to do for us during 3D. I was just looking at the screenshots for khddd, and the aura's around Sora/Riku probably have something do with it.

I'm thinking it's going to be a similar system to the command styles, where you build the meter by various attacks/commands/getting hit, and depending on what fills the meter you will enter a different state. I've heard that the Sora/Riku switching mechanic could have something to do with the gauge aswell, but for the time being we really don't know anything about it.

This would be the easiest route to take, but I really hope they can find a way to make it fresh and exciting. I don't want to be entering the same command styles as in BBS. Besides, I would love to use a Dark Impulse-esque form with Riku. I know he lost his darkness and all, but thats why we love Riku... He's not as single minded as Sora.

Thoughts?

beastlycool

I think it will be more like the focus gauge in BBS and I also think it has something to do with the 1.5 by it and the three arrows by it too. Maybe the arrows mean you speed up? Idk though

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
He merely lost the piece of him that was Xehanort's Heartless, but he still has all of his Darkness. Darkness is Riku's strength, shown in CoM.

Box_ghost

My first thought was you build the gauge up and you abruptly switch over to the other character.

Either that or your guage fills up and you're going to move fast and beat things' head and faces in with giant keys until the guage runs out again.
That's how its been since KH2 anyway.

axel95

Awards
I think in one of the famitsu articles, Nomura said it had something to do with switching between the characters.

DanX

I think the drop bar will just fill after alot of combat and give Sora and Riku their parkour abilities or boost their strength and agility.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I think Nomura said it had something to do with Riku and Sora switching. But I can't help but think it's gonna be kinda like the overclock system in Re:Coded.

DanX

*facepalm* if i'm wrong but is the overclock the stat matrix where you fill in "data chips"

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
*facepalm* if i'm wrong but is the overclock the stat matrix where you fill in "data chips"

I may be wrong myself but I think overclock was the little guage next to your HP that you could fill up and it would do a special finish command. Also there was like 3 or 4 bars on that guage and you would get special abilities as you filled it up and the abilities were different depending on which keyblade you were using.

axel95

Awards
I may be wrong myself but I think overclock was the little guage next to your HP that you could fill up and it would do a special finish command. Also there was like 3 or 4 bars on that guage and you would get special abilities as you filled it up and the abilities were different depending on which keyblade you were using.
That' what the overclock system is.

EternalDreamer

I'm not so sure it has to do with randomly switching. IIRC, nomura mentioned the switch is triggered by a background timer, invisble to players.

the bar probably enables those cool moves, since i doubt you'll fight like that all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back