• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ending of Dream Drop Distance

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mog

Awards
This isn't exactly shocking. Riku would never ever ever listen to Ansem SoD. Riku developed in CoM, Days and KH2. He became a good guy again. Why would Nomura make him bad? This would be completely dumb and just irritating if Riku gave in.

noheartx

This isn't exactly shocking. Riku would never ever ever listen to Ansem SoD. Riku developed in CoM, Days and KH2. He became a good guy again. Why would Nomura make him bad? This would be completely dumb and just irritating if Riku gave in.

Agreed. Honestly it would just be KH1 all over again.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
He isn't exactly trying to remake the first game...he just has a somewhat iffy fetish for Sora's KH1-outfit which he wants to use as often as possible it seems.

As for the possible shocking ending, I really fail to see why it always should have to do with someone falling to darkness or that it has necessarily to involve Sora or Riku.
Falling to darkness isn't really a shocking thing anymore and there are possibilities for an ending that can be shocking without it having always to influence or affect Sora or Riku directly.

Absolute

While this would be shocking, it would be shocking in a bad way as it would completely derail his character development in the series.

So we have..

Kairi turning evil..

Sora or Riku turning evil..

Vanitas coming back..

Briag/Isa/ some form of Xehanort returning.

What else are we missing?

Vanitas takes over Ven's body and leaves the room himself.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
In KH 3D's would Xehanort, like the actual XEHANORT APPRENTICE revive?

We don't know yet what form or how many of Xehanort's forms revive, but that he's coming back is for sure.

Of course it'll be not as shocking as Mickey and Yen Sid already know he'll be back sometime.

So I'll doubt that'll be the shocking part, but maybe something Xehanort does or exactly that there are really more than one form returning might be the shock.

It certainly won't be that easy:

Xehanort raises out of some pit, Sora and Riku are shocked.

Xehanort *flips a strand of his hair back* : "Guess what, bitches? I'm BACK!"

chenoehii

Awards
Xehanort having accomplices still remains very likely, at least Braig and Isa, if Vanitas will depend on what his real state is (if he still exists at all, that is).

Although with the multiple forms of Xehanort I would wonder how that would play out...they probably can't work that good together because every form of Xehanort has its own ambitions for universal dominance and getting Kingdom Hearts.

So how would that function? Master Xehanort essentially "controlling" all the other forms?

True. But their goals are essentially the same:

Step One- Open Kingdom Hearts.
Step Two- Create new alternate world.
Step Three- Rule said world. xD

Oh! Just like Nagato in Naruto! ^w^ MX could be hiding somewhere while younger uncarnations, Terranort, Ansem SoD, and Xemnas, are out their fighting for him. That could work.

noheartx

True. But their goals are essentially the same:

Step One- Open Kingdom Hearts.
Step Two- Create new alternate world.
Step Three- Rule said world. xD

Oh! Just like Nagato in Naruto! ^w^ MX could be hiding somewhere while younger uncarnations, Terranort, Ansem SoD, and Xemnas, are out their fighting for him. That could work.

I love when people make Naruto references. Great show.

But i feel like MX would be on the front lines...no nvm he would use his other forms as pawns, and if Sora defeated them then he would fight MX. So sorta like Nagato i guess, but more so just to screw with Sora than because he needed it.

chenoehii

Awards
lol

I'm sure if MX came back then his body would be extremely weak for a while, so he probably would use them as pawns...but how would his body even come back really? No one's really talked about that I don't think. Would his heart and will be strong enough to bring it back? He is strong in that sense alone...

noheartx

lol

I'm sure if MX came back then his body would be extremely weak for a while, so he probably would use them as pawns...but how would his body even come back really? No one's really talked about that I don't think. Would his heart and will be strong enough to bring it back? He is strong in that sense alone...

Well your hearts makes up your appearence, as we've seen in Roxas' case, so i don't really think MX will have a tough time regaining his body. His body will probably come back when he frees his heart from Terra's body. Like the way Sora's did after he was turned into a heartless.

OH MY GOD. I just figured out the shock ending. Sora and MX are related. They are alike in a lot of ways...except for the darkness. Okay...so that's probably not it at all...but I'm throwing it out there now.

chenoehii

Awards
Well your hearts makes up your appearence, as we've seen in Roxas' case, so i don't really think MX will have a tough time regaining his body. His body will probably come back when he frees his heart from Terra's body. Like the way Sora's did after he was turned into a heartless.

OH MY GOD. I just figured out the shock ending. Sora and MX are related. They are alike in a lot of ways...except for the darkness. Okay...so that's probably not it at all...but I'm throwing it out there now.

Hmm.. didn't think about that.

D:

Master Xehanort: Sora... I am your father.

Sora: Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

.Oji

赤いテキスト
[video=youtube;6WkxfuJh0-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WkxfuJh0-g[/video]

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
^ why did you post that? I mean get Inception is about dreams...

Hint-time probably.

It was already said way back in KH 1 that the "Dive to the heart", all those stained glass platforms, which represent the inside of someone's heart are only accessible through something similar to a dream (or a dream itself).

Inception deals with several different "layers" of existence/reality, which can very well also be the case in KH not in the exact same but a similar manner.
Would also be a sort of explanation for the appearance of Ansem SoD and Xemnas, they don't exist in the "normal" (or rather, standard) layer of the world, the physical one, just like Xion, Naminé, Roxas and probably all other nobodies as well as Terra and Eraqus at the moment do.
All those people may however still exist (or are proven to exist!) in another layer of reality...which will/can affect the physical layer, as already seen in BBS with the fight Aqua vs Ventus-Vanitas and Ven vs. Van in the "heart"-layer.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
^ Nicely done. ;)

@noheartx
I posted it as a hint, presuming you guys would draw connections between Inception and DDD (assuming you guys saw Inception). I saw Rinny's post and couldn't help but notice the "steps" in said post. I immediately thought of the layers in Inception and thought something similar could possibly be at play in DDD (the name says it all). And so I posted the video―purposely being vague―to see whether you guys would 'see what I did there' and come up with some ideas. Sephiroth0812 got it.

BBS was Star Wars. DDD will be Inception.

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
.Oji said:
^ Nicely done. ;)

Thanks a lot...;)
At first it's pretty confusing with different layers of reality but the more often you look into the topic the better you can understand it.

---

Different reality layers would also serve as a nice opportunity to somehow "explain" the "necessity" of Sora's and Riku's stupidly overused KH 1-outfits yet again (the real reason is of course that Nomura for whatever reason is unable to part with the KH 1-outfits).

If we look at it the nitpicky way, several layers of reality were already hinted ever since KH 1 and the Datascape shown in Coded is, in essence, also a layer of reality in itself.
Even the different realms (Light, in-between, dark) can be counted as different layers of reality, as i.e. in the RoD time flows way, way slower than in the RoL and it is said that those who say Sora's name in Blank Points have already "disappeared" from the world (meant is here the physical layer, or more specific the RoL), which is literally true for Naminé, Xion and Roxas, because they don't have a physical existence anymore, while Terra's and Ven's physical existences are "split" and incapacitated, therefore also "disappeared" in a sense and Aqua and Ansem the Wise are in the RoD, a different layer.
It was further said that for these people to return to the world, they would be "born from sleep" which Ansem the Wise also pointed out in a quote to Aqua.
That may, in other terms, mean nothing more than cross from one layer of reality into another, like Aqua from the RoD to RoL, or Ven from the "heart/dream/memory/whatever-the-awakening-world-is" layer to RoL and so forth.

*blinks* I think too much this evening...o_0

lasersquash

Sitting on a comfy chair in front of a fireplace ,
If we look at it the nitpicky way, several layers of reality were already hinted ever since KH 1 and the Datascape shown in Coded is, in essence, also a layer of reality in itself.
Even the different realms (Light, in-between, dark) can be counted as different layers of reality, as i.e. in the RoD time flows way, way slower than in the RoL and it is said that those who say Sora's name in Blank Points have already "disappeared" from the world (meant is here the physical layer, or more specific the RoL), which is literally true for Naminé, Xion and Roxas, because they don't have a physical existence anymore, while Terra's and Ven's physical existences are "split" and incapacitated, therefore also "disappeared" in a sense and Aqua and Ansem the Wise are in the RoD, a different layer.
It was further said that for these people to return to the world, they would be "born from sleep" which Ansem the Wise also pointed out in a quote to Aqua.
That may, in other terms, mean nothing more than cross from one layer of reality into another, like Aqua from the RoD to RoL, or Ven from the "heart/dream/memory/whatever-the-awakening-world-is" layer to RoL and so forth.

*blinks* I think too much this evening...o_0

Wait, that does that make re:coded have more meaning that just comedic fun and understanding? o_o

chenoehii

Awards

I liked Inception as a movie......but as a game....@_@

When I did my little..'steps'(xD which were mostly to be comedic, though I'm flattered you mentioned them) Step 2. Create New alternate world, is a physical world. That was the whole purpose of the Keyblade War and Xehanorts ambitions...so why would this new world be just a dream world of some sorts, or an alternate reality?

noheartx

^ Nicely done. ;)

@noheartx
I posted it as a hint, presuming you guys would draw connections between Inception and DDD (assuming you guys saw Inception). I saw Rinny's post and couldn't help but notice the "steps" in said post. I immediately thought of the layers in Inception and thought something similar could possibly be at play in DDD (the name says it all). And so I posted the video―purposely being vague―to see whether you guys would 'see what I did there' and come up with some ideas. Sephiroth0812 got it.

BBS was Star Wars. DDD will be Inception.

Ah, yea i did not see Inception. Heard it was bonking crazy though. But i do understand what you're saying about altered levels of reality. It would be like TWEWY, which i mentioned somewhere else, don't know if it was in this thread or not. But yea, it would be like the top and bottom screen during battles. Or, although these are more flashbacks than altered levels of reality...the flashback things on the top screen during Days. This also explains how you could switch characters so easily, because you could go to another reality.

And yea, BBS was so Star Wars. I think it was more Star Wars than Star Wars itself. Nomura bonking loves Star Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back