• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Eragon

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

home is where the heart is
I was actually thinking of getting them for christmas XD I saw the movie,but I'd also like to read the book.It must be good when everyone else says the movie was crap ,but the books were brilliant

Xsora5X

yeah the movie was nothing compared to the book. if they had followed the book fully the movies would not have been rated pg. there is a lot more fighting in the books than in the movie. the books are ten times better than the movie.

Dealer_Camel

I frankly didn't like the books all that much, and didn't even bother to watch the movie.

And just to let you know, the third book won't come out until early 2009, which means the fourth will be released in the 2010s. *Shrug* Whatever.

Jopari

If the books are ten times better than the movie then I'm glad I didn't watch it.

Otherwise, this thread has been made before. Multiple people explained why the series is horrible. For more info go to Anti-Shur'tgal. Google it.

Xsora5X

I frankly didn't like the books all that much, and didn't even bother to watch the movie.

And just to let you know, the third book won't come out until early 2009, which means the fourth will be released in the 2010s. *Shrug* Whatever.

atcually he said the third book will be realesed on sep. 23 2008. and it will be so big it will need 2 volumes.

Xsora5X

If you're over nine and read Eragon you must be in the "special" English group.

have you ever read eragon? and if you have you would know its cool. so shut the f*** up you prick.
oh sorry dark star but how long ago did you make the inheritance trilogy thread. because i am not going through 100 pages just to look if sombody already made a thread about this.

Xsora5X

Like two to three weeks ago.

yeah do you know how many threads would have been made by then. there is no way i would look for the thread you made. im not going to waste my time looking through all those pages.
and yeah corrupted angel this is the book section of the NON-KINGDOMHEARTS section.

I see what you mean, but I still think that the Eragon books are enjoyable. The movie wasn't that good, and actually, at school, we either watched Eragon or Happy Feet(with the penguins) and I actually watched Happy Feet. Still, the books seem decent.

Jopari

Yeah.

The books are that bad. Eragon is a Gary Stu, all the characters are flat, the plot is simplistic and predictable. And worst of all is the fact that the author keeps making the books longer in an attempt to make it seem legit. Plus he steals from every other book in the fantasy genre instead of coming up with his own ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back