• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Feeling Lonely

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowysights

Screw that action
Awards
Well.....I tried pushing threw it...but I can't.

Anyway....heres my problem which you should've already known: I'm lonely.
I have a few good friends that I talk to, but after school I'm completely alone. No friends or family. And I'm in no relationship. After school I do my homework, then.....nothing...I just sit around looking at a wall or something. I would join sports, but I make enemys with the team mates, so I didn't risk joining a sport this year.....my freshman year.

Coming into high school was where this started, I used to have lots of friends to hang with, but now, they're all in different parts of the school. Most have gotton their numbers changed and I never have time to ask what their new one is. My best frined moved to another neighborhood because his mom couldn't afford to take care of him.

Highschool is supposed to be some great adventure, but its turning out pretty horrible to me. Its made me lose just about all my friends.

So now I ask: What are good ways to make new friends?

Blue

home is where the heart is
I'm sad to hear that you're lonely... :(
Here are some tipps,but I don't know if they'll work.First,try to join some clubs in which you're interested in.Having the same hobby is a really good start for a friendship,trust me!
And when you're talking to people,give them the feeling you're interested into what they say,be nice and so on.
Well...I'm really bad at cheering up people,am I not?
Anyways,I really really hope you'll find friends again...!!

mesmerized

I totally agree with bluesky, you should get out and meet new people. Join clubs that your interested in, that way you can meet people with the same interests. I met most of my friends through my ex-boyfriends, and I got that boyfriend by simply being myself. Most of my school friends [[associates]] were made by being helpful, if they didn't understand something in school, I'd help them out.

Keep a positive attitude! You come off to me as a very nice person and good friend material :) If you ever get lonely and wanna talk feel free to IM me

-

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
Try to show your tastes through your actions and appearance ... I don't know, hobbies activities, clothing (with band logos?), people might have the same interests or whatever. I tried, not sure if this'll help, but whatever.

Shadowysights

Screw that action
Awards
I totally agree with bluesky, you should get out and meet new people. Join clubs that your interested in, that way you can meet people with the same interests. I met most of my friends through my ex-boyfriends, and I got that boyfriend by simply being myself. Most of my school friends [[associates]] were made by being helpful, if they didn't understand something in school, I'd help them out.

Keep a positive attitude! You come off to me as a very nice person and good friend material :) If you ever get lonely and wanna talk feel free to IM me

-

Well I mean, thats hard because people aren't usaully interested in making friends.

Try to show your tastes through your actions and appearance ... I don't know, hobbies activities, clothing (with band logos?), people might have the same interests or whatever. I tried, not sure if this'll help, but whatever.

My school doesn't allow people to wear big logos. How so with actions?

Morning Twilight

Work can be a great place. Get a job, you're old enough for a few places. Also people are more open to friends than you might think. Religious places are great too. I met my gf at church so it's proven well for me. Also, try online places like here. Although it is harder to do it because you can't really trust everyone on here like that, it's still a possibility. Also community service (if you want to) is a great thing. Just try out things. You have to give some to get any back.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
Wow, that's a toughie, I feel the same, seeing how people are scared of me because my talkative enthuasiatic side....have you like tried to do community service or something like that? I don't know...or go hang out with at some local place where teens hangout like during daytime and I don't mean school clubs or any night-time hangs out, just some community park or whatever...???

Darkly Aesthetic

could not be found.
Website
www.myspace.com
heeeey high school is a bitch ain't it?

well since your old friends are m.i.a i suggest making new ones?

and what better place to start at than at school :D
try and become friends with kids you've never talked to.
maybe talk to some other lonely kids..they sure are gonna be happy to be talking to someone...
then you just make plans with them and tell em to come over or something..

or try hanging around the neighborhood..go skating and stuff...

+JodieTakira+

I know how you feel in regards to this transition. I had to face the same case with returning back to my former college this year. I will tell you now that the best way to go into a setting like that is to not expect to make friends. If you do and you don't the first couple days, it can really hurt your self-esteem.

Like others have said before, try joining clubs and activities. Even just one club will get you going. I joined one myself for the first time this year and have made a couple acquaintances and friends there. Even in just the classroom, usually when you talk to people, you can tell within a couple minutes of conversation whether they would be interested in befriending you or not.

Overall, a lot of it depends on interests and luck. So long as you don't go in with an over-shooting goal, you should be fine.

darkshadow666

nothing from nowhere im no one at all....
hmm.
dont try to be someone youre not, thats for sure. if you do then when youre really good friends you have to keep trying to be something youre not.
i have experience in that area.
yea its the same as mesmerized said. you seem nice and if you want to talk or complain or anything then im here PM me or you could even talk to me on myspace. *look at the myspace thread ;-)*

Sonja~Soulheart

Speed lvl- snail
Website
alichinorinoa.deviantart.com
hmm... sounds really bad. D:

well, try to show that you're willing to have friends (being friendly or so :3) and try to be open to new people so that they'll see that your interesting or would want o be friends with you.

as for your friends you haven't contacted for so long, hmm.... whenever possible try to know what's up (cell numbers etc.) but only when your free. ((like you said, you're busy in mornings ^^ ))

[edit]

p.s: highschool is tough but that doesnt mean that there aren't opportunities to have friends :3 and sometimes, everybody loses something.. but they eventually will be given new things :3

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
Suck it up and get new friends.
Start talking to people in your classes.

exactly. That's exactly what i ended up doing when i transitioned to WCAD(art college) from my highschool. Just talk to people, start a conversation. Don't just pop up out of the blue and try to start talking about nothing though, cause it's kinda creepy. Art class is the perfect way to meet new people, because it's as easy as commenting about someone's technique.

:3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back