• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► FFVII: Shadows

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

inferno232

In the happy place of my mind known as La-La Land.
Ok, this my first fanfic and I'm using my characters and FFVII characters only!
I'm also very bad at keeping a schedule so it may be weeks before the next post... These first two are on the house.

Chapter 1: The Anomaly
Somwhere in the Midgar Slums...

Two scientists walked up to a chamber in a run down, cluttered lab. Within the strange, green liquid that filled the chamber was their most recent find, a man with long, white hair that had been found preserved by crystal with a long sword.

“I’m not quite sure if we should restore him…”

“Nonsense! Think of the fame we would gain by restoring a fellow human being to life! All his vital organs are intact, and the green crystal we found him incased in preserved him perfectly! We could very well restore Shinra to fame and fortune!”

The first scientist looked around the cool, dark room, wondering what to do. A team of archeologists found this crystal man, preserved along with his weapon, in a remote region of a mountain range. They had brought the crystallized man to him and his colleague. His friend started a menagerie of experiments to bring the man to life. But he didn’t like the looks of it… He could swear that he recognized the man from somewhere… And that weapon looked so familiar.

Suddenly there was a heavy knock at the door. A gruff voice bellowed, “Open up! It’s the police!”

That’s when the room was filled with a strange light, the chamber started to shake. Both scientists staggered back, gaping in awe.

“I said open up! If you do not comply we will break down the door!”

A hand broke through the glass, and it was soon followed by a second hand, holding the weapon. The first scientist took a step back, but his accompliance stood frozen with fear, a look of sheer terror on his face.

“We'll give you to the count of three to open up! One…”

The whole figure broke out of the chamber! It turned to the second scientist, raising its sword. He let out one scream before he was struck down...

The policeman, ignoring the scream, continued his count, “Two…”

The man, if he could be called human, slowly turned towards the remaining scientist, who was quaking with fear. He knew who this man was. He knew the extent of what they had done. The creature raised his sword high, then laughed a horrible, evil laugh. He brought the blade down…

“THREE!” The policeman kicked down the door, only to be cut down by a creature as it made its way out the door.

The screams of the police could be heard for miles.
........................................................................................................

Hope you liked it!

Last edited:

inferno232

Chapter Two: The Team

A man dressed in black with a flowing red cape walked down the old, lonely road, a gun on his right side and his metal arm to the left. It had been 6 years since he and his comrades had defeated Jenova and, since then, he had nothing to do but wander the world aimlessly.

Beside him walked what most people would have considered his loyal pet, a great red cat about the size of a large lion. He wore three feathers in his mane, and had the Roman numeral thirteen tattooed on his side. He always seemed to be deep in thought, and, unknown to many, he usually was.

“How much longer Vincent?” asked the great cat, “We’ve been walking for more than two days.”

“Around four more hours to go,” replied the man, “Why do you ask, Red?”

“Because if the rumors are true, we can’t afford to miss this,”

“We have plenty of time, after all, the big event is tomorrow,” the man remarked, “And our luck must be getting better, I believe I hear a bus coming…”

The cat wrinkled his snout up in frustration. He didn’t hear anything, but, as he turned around, he laughed under his breath. Sure enough, a bus was kicking up a cloud of dust several miles back. His friend had outdone him again.

A few minutes later, Red XIII and Vincent Valentine sat down on the bus headed towards Nibelheim.

A young girl with black hair and brown eyes by the name of Yuffie Kisaragi ran down a street in Rocket Town, clutching a materia in one of her hands. She had a giant shuriken strapped across her back and an arm guard covering her left arm. She wore a green shirt and a pair of khaki shorts.
A man soon came out of a shop shouting about a thief. Most bystanders put two and two together, but didn’t do anything. All except an old man with blonde hair and a cigarette in his mouth. The man stuck out his hand, grabbed Yuffie by the arm and the two disappeared down a dark alley.

“What the-” the girl began, only to be cut off by the angry man.

“What do you think you’re doing?”

“Ah, Cid, you know me! I was only shopping!” Yuffie answered with a sneaky smile.

“Yeah, I know you,” retorted Cid, “I know you all too well! Not too sneaky for a trained ninja, are you?”

Yuffie looked hurt by his words, “Why Cid, are you saying that I stole this materia? I’d never-“

“Again with the ‘I would- never-break-a-law-in-my-life-act’ huh?” said Cid angrily, “You know what you would miss if you got thrown into jail now, don’t you?”

Yuffie was confused. “No. Why? What would I miss?”

Cid raised one eyebrow. “Do you mean to say that you haven’t heard the rumors?”

Yuffie shook her head.

“About a certain wedding?” hinted Cid.

Yuffie’s eyes opened wide. “You and Shera?”

“No! Think about it! Who might be getting married anytime soon?”

Yuffie’s eyes opened even wider than before. “You mean…”

Cid nodded. “Now you get it. Finally…”

Yuffie was really excited. “Where?”

“Where do you think?”

“Nibelheim?”

Cid nodded his head. “But you’d better hurry,” then in a whisper he added, “It’s tomorrow.”

“Woah! I’d better go hitch ride from a chocobo! Thanks Cid!” Yuffie started to run one direction, and then hurriedly turned around, “I forgot; it’s this way.”

Cid shook his head and then shouted, “Hey! Watch it!” as Yuffie bumped into him. “Kids these days… No regard for where they’re goin’.” He started to walk away but suddenly stopped and felt his pockets. He then started to run in the direction Yuffie had gone.
“My wallet… It’s gone! YUFFIE! Come back here ya little thief! When I catch you I’m gonna… damn it! I’m outta breath… GIVE… ME… Back.. my… wallet… you… THIEF!” Cid sat down on the curb to catch his breath. He should’ve known not to let his guard down around Yuffie. But it didn’t matter, he’d be able to get his money back at the wedding.

If the damn girl didn’t spend it all first.

........................................................................................................

This is the first half of chapter two, second half coming up soon!
There... I added more detail and everything... And I changed Shinra to Jenova... Thanks Shadowblade!

P.S. Would everyone please do me a favor and alert me when you notice errors.
Thanks.

Last edited:

shadowblade

Interesting so far. I'd love for some longer chapters though, as reading each one took only a few minutes. Also, describe the settings a little more. In the first chapter you say that they're looking at a chamber, but where are they? I know its a house or something, but with a little more description you can make the setting come alive and add more content to the story.

“I’m not quite sure if we should restore him…” Said the first scientist.

You don't really need to tag action onto this statement or the one below it. Just having the dialogue is enough, as the characters are very minor and unimportant.

Also, I think you should show more reaction from the scientists to the fact that there is light coming from the chamber and then a hand.

That’s when the room was filled with a strange light, the chamber started to shake.
“I said open up! If you do not comply we will break down the door!”
A hand broke through the glass, and it was soon followed by a second hand, holding the weapon.
“We will give you to the count of three to open up! One…”

I don't know what you would want to put here, but I really think there needs to be reaction to the initial stirrings in the chamber. Did they gasp? Did their eyes widen at the sight? Or did they just stand there in shock? One of the best things to do as a writer is show what the characters are doing. Their reaction to everything, their idle movements. Everything. Gives the characters more depth and personality.

A man dressed in black and red walked down the street, two guns on either side of him.

The description here is a little bland. He could be wearing a black and red dress for all we know. You don't have to describe every aspect of his clothing, but you can show us what he's wearing in subtle descriptions, ie: the man walked down the street, his tattered red cloacked fluttering in the wind, etc."

Just apply that to every character, and describe your settings a little better, and I think you may be on to something here. I dont' normally take the time to write criticism, but I think this story has potential. With a little work, I'm sure everyone'll be reading it. I'll be looking for more.

Oh, just hanging out with Demy - HEY GET BACK HERE
Hi, it's me!

Yeah, this is looking good so far, though, like shadowblade said, the description's a little bland. Heh, figures that Yuffie would run off with all of Cid's money XP.

Sounds like Sephiroth was revived at a rather inconvienant time. I'm guessing Tifa and Cloud are the ones getting married...but what if Aeris comes back too?

Glad to see an excellent critic in the forms. Welcome, shadowblade!

yado

I taste delicious
hmm, i couldnt figure out if Cloud liked Tifa or not. hmmm keep righting it was good. by the wayyou might wanna add description, i couldnt figure out if the police were coming in or if seperioth was coming alive. o well

inferno232

Winged Mirage, I AM going to put Aeris in the story, but she's not coming back to life... I like the Cloud/Tifa pairing and Aeris's sacrifice might not be as meaningful if she were to be revived. (besides, she took a sword to the gut!) And sadly, in my story one of my favorite characters will die, but I'm not saying who. Thanks for the Compliments!

I'm going to be gone this weekend, so enjoy this new post!

Cait Sith rode his magically-brought to life Mog down the streets of Nibelheim in the early morning, laughing merrily. He had made a fortune in some small backwater town selling fortunes where he foretold the obvious. He had also eavesdropped on local gossip and made guesses from those. Unlike the last town he had tried this at, (The villagers there had found out that he was a fake and chased him out of town with torches and pitchforks!) it had actually worked. Maybe it had to do with fact that also unlike last time, he wasn’t planning on spending it on himself. Karma, isn’t that what they called it? Like after he sacrificed his artificial body so that the rest of the AVALANCHE Team could obtain the Black Materia. It seemed that, after that, he’d had a great run of good luck for the next few months.

The small, red-caped cat suddenly whipped out his trusty microphone and started to sing,

“Oh, What a wonderful morning!
Oh, it’s such a beautiful day!
Look at all the children sing and play,
It going to be a wonderful, a beautiful, a Magnificent day!
Is said it going to be a-“

It was about that moment that an old boot flew out a window and hit Cait square in the head, thrown by an ornery old man still wearing his nightcap and pajamas.

“Do you mind? It’s six in the morning and some of us are trying to sleep!”
Several voices soon joined the old man’s, shouting things such as, “Yeah, be quiet!”, “Shut the hell up!”, and one particularly gruff and grumpy-sounding voice, “Damn singing cats…”

Cait shook his head in dismay, “People nowadays, just no respect for good music! What a shame… What a shame…”

As Cait started off towards the Jewelers Shop, the gruff voice repeated, “Singing cats? Wait a minute…”

A spikey-haired blonde man opened his window and stretched with a loud yawn, his glowing greenish eyes squinting because of the morning sun. He took his morning shower and then got dressed, putting a pair of blue pants and a black short sleeved shirt. After pulling on his new brown leather boots. He went downstairs for breakfast.

At the stove a beautiful brown-eyed woman with flowing black hair was cooking bacon and eggs. She had on a white shirt and a black skirt, and many men found her very attractive.

But she was promised.

The man sat down at the table. “Did you sleep well last night Tifa?”

“Well, yes, but I’m a little nervous…,” the woman replied. “How did you sleep, Cloud?”

“I was tired, so I slept like a rock,” said the man, whose name was Cloud Strife.

He and the woman, Tifa Lockheart, opened this inn, named Seventh Heaven after the one that was destroyed when the Sector 7 Slums were destroy after the plate above came crashing down on it, 3 years after Sephiroth and Jenova were destroyed.

Three whole years… Had it really been that long? Cloud couldn’t believe it. The first year after the final battle AVALANCHE had helped repair the damage done by Sephiroth and ShinRa, an evil corporation who had been sucking Mako energy, the lifeblood of the planet, to provide the world with energy.

But that was only one of the wrongs committed by ShinRa…

About that moment a large, muscular black man in his thirties burst through the door, followed by a little girl in a pink dress. He wore a sleeveless, battle-worn vest along with green pants and brown leather boots. One of his arms had a multi-barreled gun grafted where the hand should be.

“Yo!” he yelled, “You better get ready for company! Guess what I heard this morning…”

yado

I taste delicious
ummm cait sith....you do relize that wasnt meant to come back i thought. o well its good.

inferno232

I was afraid of this... I knew he was artificial, but not that he didn't come back! (I'm stuck at Wutai in the game! Stupid RAPPS...) But yeah, he was rebuilt... Let's just go with that! :)
There's a clue early on in the story about what Barret found out... Try and find it!
Yeah... It's dull right now, but I'm introducing characters. The action is coming up soon, I promise. I'm introducing my character first, though...

Tell me if I got any of the character's personalities wrong! Some of them are hard to peg.

yado

I taste delicious
Wait, u stuck in wuatui? thats a side quest, not required, o well write more

shadowblade

The re-edited chapters were better. Way better. The latest chapter is good too. Could use some work, but nothing that reading and editing won't take care of. Good job.

inferno232

Ok, I need Ideas, and my main character kinda sucks, so I am asking for detailed character descriptions for ideas. I just want a few, and when I say I have enough, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't post more. I might ask for stuff like this every now and then, but not often. Thanks!

inferno232

Never mind, If you feel like still contributing a Character, go ahead, but I might have these two Chapters down! If I mistyped anything, please inform me asap, and if something sucks, go ahead and tell me in your own words. Good critics make good writers! (most of the time) Get ready, Here comes a chapter...

Chapter 3: Awake!

Colinare Bravesoul awoke in a lush, green forest, lost and confused.

“Where am I?” he asked himself out loud.

“You’re here, but you’re not.”

Colinare, who preferred to be called Col, jumped, startled. He had not expected an answer. He stood up and brushed off his clothes, which consisted of old denim jeans and a red T-shirt, and looked around to see who had replied. His deep brown eyes scanned the trees and the bushes, looking for movement.

“It is useless to look for me,” the voice laughed, “I’m hidden from human eyes.”

He ran his hand through his dark brown hair and took in his surroundings. The forest consisted mainly of very tall redwoods no thicker than a telephone post, and he recognized the bushes to be blackberry. The berries appeared to be ripe and juicy, and his hungry stomach growled. ‘Now is not the time for snacks,’ he thought, ‘I must find out who, or what, is out there…’

“I don’t think you’d like those anyway,” Said the voice, “They’re awfully bitter.”

Col was frightened. This creature or person, whatever it was, could read his mind! It could hear his thoughts!

“Now, now don’t be scared. After all, if I wished to hurt you, I would’ve done so long ago. No, I brought you here to warn you of a great approaching peril…”

“What is your name? What are you? And more importantly, where am I?” Col shouted at the top of his lungs.

“My, my… Full of questions, aren’t we? Well, I can answer two of your inquiries.
My name? Turentane. What am I? I guess you could say that I’m a guardian angel of sorts. But as for our location? It doesn’t matter. We’re just in the middle of some random forest.”

“You said something about a warning… What did you mean?”

Col heard a sigh. “Don’t forget what God has blessed you with, kid. It could be taken away at any minute… But when things seem hopeless, don’t cease in your efforts! Remember this, heroes never quit! I won’t tell you exactly what will happen, but it will tear you life apart.” Col noticed the sky start to darken, and the trees began to cast threatening shadows that seemed as if they would reach out and grab him. Yet still the voice of Turentane continued, booming like thunder, “A great evil has been released into the world, an evil that has threatened all life before! You among others will fight it, but other enemies will arise as well! Sacrifices will be made! Friends will be made and friends will be reunited, but some will betray you as well as well…”

The forest started to spin and Col’s vision become blurry. He fell to his knees and tried to talk but found himself unable. The lasts words he heard before he hit the hard, wet ground were Turentane’s.

“But remember,” the words echoed as everything turned to black,
“You will never be alone…”

Beep- beep-beep-beep! Beep- beep- be-
Col slammed his fist on the top of the alarm clock, shutting off the annoying high-pitched beeping. He looked at the time. 9:00, which meant he had four hours to get ready. Getting up with a yawn and walking across his cluttered room, which his dad was always trying to get him to clean, he started towards the shower.

As he showered he reflected on the dream. It seemed so… real. And he could remember everything so clearly. Whenever he dreamed he usually had parts he couldn’t remember, and the parts he could seemed incredibly fuzzy and surreal. But this…

Nah, he was just being silly. Dreams are dreams, he reminded himself. Besides, he had other things to worry about. After brushing his shaggy hair he got out his best jeans and dress shirt. As he put them on he began to go over the plan one last time.

His mission was to get to the chapel, where one of the greatest heroes of his time was getting married. His name was Cloud Strife, and he had saved the world. He was everything Col wanted to be. A strong warrior, a hero, and an all-around badass. He was respected by everyone in Nibelheim and super famous. Just to be able to see the wedding in person would make Col the coolest kid in town! He would take a secret route through some caves (that only he knew about), sneak in through the roof via secret trapdoor (which, once again, only he knew about), position himself on the rafters, snap a picture, and then get the heck out of there.

After putting on a brown leather jacket over his dress shirt so it wouldn’t get dirty, Col opened his closet and took out his sword. He had found the sword in the caves, collecting rust. It had a plain metal sheath, but the sword itself was amazing. The handle, which Col had wrapped in black leather, was nothing special, but the rest of the hilt was very decorative. Inset in the top of the hilt near the blade was a ruby that was about the size of a nickel, and, once shined, was very beautiful. The actual blade of the sword was two and a half feet long, seemed to shine with a faint light, and had a cross engraved into it. The sword handled very well, but he never had the chance to use it in self defense yet.

Strapping the sheathed sword to his back, Col grabbed a pair of black leather gloves off his dresser and departed. He didn’t stop to eat breakfast, but he wasn’t hungry anyway.

He had just stepped out the door and started down the road when someone stopped him.

“Hey Col!”

Col turned around to see Seth Canintide.

Seth was one of the smartest, luckiest, most handsome boys in the town, and he wasn’t afraid to show it. Once two kids went into ShinRa mansion on a dare, and Seth went in and saved them both without breaking a sweat. Last month he saved a group of girls from a pack of vicious Nibel Wolves. He had a three foot long sword that was once owned by a legendary knight. He certainly lived up to the reputation.

As for looks, in battle he wore iron plate armor, but he usually wore a long sleeved black shirt with blue jeans, and black boots. His ever present sword hung at his side. Brushing his black hair out of his Blue-green eyes, Seth walked up to Col.

“We’re not going to try and sneak into the wedding are we?” He asked “Because you might as well give up. Police have any and all paths barricaded, so there’s no way in.”

Col hated the arrogance in Seth’s voice. “I didn’t know taking a morning walk is suddenly illegal.”

“I just thought I’d inform you so I wouldn’t have to be the hero and save your dumb ass from a bunch of security guards.” Seth said with a laugh.

“You wouldn’t need to, because I can hold my own!”

“With what, that hunk of junk?” Seth said, gesturing towards Col’s sword, “you’d be dead in less than a minute!” Seth then walked away, laughing.

“Oh yeah?” Col shouted after him, “Well at least I’m not an arrogant jerk! That’s going to get you killed someday!”

“Well we’re in a bad mood today, aren’t we?”

Col turned around quickly to find a brown-eyed girl with long, dark brown hair smiling at him.

“Well… I-I can’t stand that guy! He ticks me off!” Col said, stuttering a little. He found it hard to talk around Kayla.

Kayla was the same age as Col, and she was very beautiful. At the moment she was wearing a pink shirt that had ‘The answer is No.” printed on it (She happened to be wearing this shirt one time when Col was going to ask her out.)and a pair of blue jeans. Col had fallen in love with her the first time he saw her. If only she felt the same way…

The girl rolled her eyes and started to walk away. “He’s not that bad Col, you’ve just got to get to know him better.”

As he watched Kayla walk away, Col muttered under his breath, “Maybe you don’t know him as well as you think you do.” It wasn’t surprising that she thought so much of him, after all, she was one of the girls involved in the Nibel Wolf incident…

Last edited:

inferno232

Here Comes another, hope you like it!

Chapter 4: The Chaos Begins…

Phil, one the security guards, was getting pretty bored. He thought that guarding this wedding was going to be exciting, yet the only disturbance they had heard had turned out to be a squirrel in the bushes.

He started to doze of when he heard a rustle in the bushes. He and his partner exchanged looks. They started to walk towards the bushes when…

The squirrel ran out of the brush and scurried away.

With a severe sense of disappointment, Phil and his friend walked back to their positions.
Talk about a let down…

In the bushes, however…

Col lied as still and as quietly as he could. He didn’t see that stupid squirrel until he was a foot away.

When he was sure the coast was clear, he ran out and began to climb the trellis that was on one side of the church to get to the roof. This was all too easy…

Meanwhile, at the wedding…

Cloud stared lovingly into Tifa’s eyes as the priest began the ceremony. He couldn’t believe that this day had finally come! It had taken him three years to get over Aeris’s death and pop the question, but he had finally done it! His thoughts started to return to the memories of the flower girl, but he stopped himself. He wouldn’t let anything ruin this day! Nothing…

Vincent watched the wedding from the back of the church, but there was something he couldn’t quite place…

Where was Red XIII?

Up in the rafters, Col got his camera ready to snap a picture of the kiss. They weren’t even to the “I do”s yet, but he wanted to be prepared.

Col looked down at the other AVALANCHE members in awe. All of his favorite heroes were sitting right beneath him. It was a dream come true! But someone was missing…

“Excuse me,” A gruff voice said, “But I believe this wedding was invitation only.”

Col looked over his shoulder and he suddenly knew who he couldn’t find.

Sitting behind him was the legendary great red cat himself, Red XIII.

Outside the church…

Phil opened a beer and leaned back in his chair. He had just made a deal with his partner. He would keep watch for ten minutes, and then his friend would keep watch for ten minutes and so on. It was the perfect plan…

Phil had only had his eyes closed for a few seconds when he heard footsteps.

“State your name and business.”

No answer.

“I said state your name and business!” Phil said angrily.

Still no answer.

“Listen,” Said Phil, standing up and opening his eyes, “I Don’t have all day, SO STA-” He stopped abruptly once he saw who stood before him.

“My name,” began the white-haired, green-eyed man, “is Sephiroth. My business? The death of scum like you.”

At the wedding…

Col didn’t know what to do. Red had already demanded that he put the camera down and told him that as soon as the wedding was over that he would be taken back to his house and his parents would be informed of everything. Seth was going to have a field day with this…

The priest had just gotten to the “I do”s when a blood-curdling scream came from outside. Everybody looked towards the door in confusion.

“What the he-“ Started Cid, but he was cut off by an explosion as the entrance of the chapel burst apart in a blast of rubble and dust. Col and RedXIII were thrown off the rafters from the force of the explosion. Red, true to the nature of all cats, landed on his feet, while Col, true to the nature of most humans, landed flat on his back.

Col coughed and sat up. Looking through the clearing haze of dust, Col saw the attacker.

He was dressed from head-to-toe in black, black boots, black trench coat, black gloves, the works. He had long ghost-white hair and pale skin, but what stood out most was his eyes. His glowing green eyes… They went perfectly with the murderous look on his face.

He looked straight at Cloud, and with no emotion at all said, “Long time, no see, Cloud.”

The spikey- haired blonde returned the stare, and with hate filling his voice uttered one word.

“Sephiroth.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back