• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

FFXII question

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Omni_VII

PSWii C:
I keep getting owned by normal monsters in FFXII, and I don't know why. Should all of my character's levels be equal to the levels of the monsters? Because I just (barely) finished the Henne Mines, where the bats were lvl 24 and my characters' lvls were between 19 and 21. How long does the game expect me to spend training?! X_X

I've killed most monsters in my way before the Henne Mines, but I don't stop just to train. Did I stuff up? If so, where can I go to train up my guys well without dying?

New2Ya

I'm lost...
Ugh, I had the same problem. I suggest going back to the Lhusu Mines. You can easily level up and gain LP at the second bridge, where those skeletons come up from the ground. After you beat em all, go down the bridge on the right (a circle) and walk over the bridge again. The skeletons will be back. Do this 3 times, and then make it deeper in the mines.

Now a lot of skeletons will be positioned there. Just beat them all (including the Nethecite cave) and go back on the bridge. If skeletons appear, just battle again, if not, make a bridge-circle and go back deeper in the mines.

Why this? Well, not only do you level up fast, you also gain a lot of LP AND you have a large Chain (I got 100, then quit) Attack, so you gain a lot of rare items. Sell these (99 Bones for example) and you can buy equipment like Defence, so you can easily get those bats without being damaged too hard.

Hope this helps.

When you're at level... 40, I suggest going to the Ichita Uplands, where you can easily level up above level 50.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I bought the official strategy guide. It recommends that you level up to level 22 before attempting the Henne Mines. (I also recommend you upgrade your armour, I had a problem where I was getting owned easily and an armour upgrade fixed it.)
What I did was just wander the Ozmone Plains till I leveled up and went from there.
Tiamet, the boss in the Henne Mines is level 25.

FFXII is a great game. The only unfortunate thing about it is that you do spend quite alot of time leveling up. Right now I've got Vaan. Ashe and Balthier at lvl.33 and Fran, Basch and Penelo at lvl.30 and I'm in Rabanastre after completing Mt. Bur-Omisace. Before moving on to Archadia, the guide recommends I lvl. up to 38.

At least you can never say this game was short.

Omni_VII

PSWii C:
I probably should've gotten the FFXII guide rather than the KH2 guide. I didn't use the KH2 guide much, but I need a FFXII one. xD

Oh well. Thanks for the help.

Keitaro Urashima

GET LADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hm....well it didnt take me very long to level up, i just beat thr crap out of every enemy i come in contact with, that way i wont miss anya precious exp. although if you dont like have to battle very much, i say do some mark hunts to keep you busy around the time that your at the miriam temple and levl to 37 or higher,t hat way you wont have to battle as mush later on in the game since you already got an edge :)

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
xD I would reccomend finding a place you are comfortable bit (Like New2yas place) and leveling up there. If not, then later in the game will be a major pain for you. If you level up about where you are, you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back