• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy IX: The Animated Series (?)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Awards
I don’t understand why everyone is freaking out over the 8 to 13 year old age range… I mean, Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z were aimed at those ages as well and look at the content those shows included!
…Although, the world was not as sensitive back then as it is now.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
I don’t understand why everyone is freaking out over the 8 to 13 year old age range… I mean, Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball Z were aimed at those ages as well and look at the content those shows included!
…Although, the world was not as sensitive back then as it is now.
To be fair to those worried:

1: The 90s were a different time for animation, even in Japan. And even with those shows you mentioned, there was still some censorship done in the West for the networks to air it on TV back then, eg; remove blood, mentions of death, etc.

2: I don’t think it’s the range that worries people, but more so where in that range it’ll land. Best case scenario, it lands closer to the 13 year old end to be more faithful to the source material. Worse case scenario, the end result is an adaptation that talks down to its audience rather than treats it with respect. That’s something nobody wants, especially the fans.

And this early in the planning stage, seeing as it was just announced last week, it’s too soon to see where the ball will drop or how high it’ll bounce, so to speak. It can either be really good or really bad. All we can do is wait for more info in the meantime.

magic713

Awards
Have to say, I did not see this coming. FFIX seemed to be more of a game that was quietly loved (which I appreciated, compared to FFVII's treatment). This was not something that I expected would get much attention for a show. I look forward to seeing how it goes.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
What are some of the new shows you will be bringing to the event?
At the Licensing Expo, we will, of course, continue to promote our global preschool property Gigantosaurus, with new content to come internationally. It will be a great opportunity to share our upcoming plans with our licensees, agents, and new partners. Additionally, our most recently developed shows — Digital Girl, The McFire Family, Press Start! and Final Fantasy IX — will be presented for the first time. These four new series have a strong licensing appeal for different age targets.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Love how a civil discussion was labeled as freaking out. But hey, where better to dramatize than on a KH-themed message board? (And also love can't believe that it's already been a year since I've visited this thread.)

Very eager for any morsels we might get following the event. I'm assuming by presentation, they mean there is more than just "talk" of the upcoming the show, but more along the lines concept art or even trailers (or episodes) ready etc?

Back