• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► First Fanfic! w00t!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Ooh, double post. Rebel.

Enjoy this one, 'cause it's the penultimate chapter. I can't believe the fic's nearly over... :(

BUT... I'm busy working on an Epilogue type thing. It's technically for KH:TFF, but I'm working around it so that it's like a one-shot for anyone who didn't read it. I'll explain more when I get around to posting it. Shouldn't be too long until I do post it. I won't leave the gap between that and the last chappy too big, lol.

Chapter Seventy-Six

“So, do you know anything about them?” Sora whispered, sheepish, trying to make conversation. “I mean, Otaku and Ayura.” Riku thought a moment. King Mickey, Donald and Goofy began talking amongst themselves at this point. Kairi stood silently, waiting for Taiko to return.

“Not a huge amount,” he stated quietly, ruffling his silver hair gingerly. He was clearly uncomfortable, unsure of what to say to Sora. “I know Otaku’s around our age. I think Ayura’s a lot smaller than that.” Avoiding eye contact, he looked further down the row of houses, seeing the evergreen trees a short distance away. The pleasant smell of pine drifted along in the air.

“Ok,” Sora replied, looking up at Riku. After staying silent for a few moments, he gave a small sigh. “I’m sorry, Riku. I’m sorry I was such a jerk to you when I woke up. I shouldn’t have taken it all out on you.” Riku looked down at him, making eye contact. He was quiet for a short time, before nodding.

“It’s ok,” he smiled, speaking quietly. “I took it the wrong way, don’t worry about it.” Feeling the weight of his heavy conscience lifting from his shoulders, Sora gave a relieved smile, before his attention was distracted by the creak of the opening door.

Taiko poked his head around the door, gesturing for them to come in. They promptly entered, all piling in to the small house.

The front room looked much larger than they’d initially thought. A staircase stood at the left of the front door, leading to the upper floor. Beside these stairs, a group of white candles flickered on a wooden table, giving the room a cosy glow. The stone floor was covered by a large, blue rug. A long chair stood along the back wall, and above it, hung a picture of the family. On the right wall, there was a small fireplace, along with a bundle of short logs. Kiruna stood in the centre of the room, with Otaku and Ayura at her side.

Ayura was tiny, clinging to her older brother’s leg for comfort. With masses of curly, brown hair like her mother, and deep, jade eyes like her father, she was an adorable little girl. She wrinkled her freckled nose at the large group that had entered her room, feeling a little afraid of them. It was difficult to tell how old she was by just looking at her, but her cherubic face and pretty little lilac dress suggested that she was still very young. She reached up at her brother with small fingers, grasping for his much larger hand.

Otaku took her hand carefully, sensing her nervousness, seeming to reassure her. It worked, as the little girl gave a bright smile. He was very tall in his stature, dwarfing his mother and father. Mid-length black hair partially covered his striking, icy blue eyes, overlapping his glasses. Slightly resembling Riku, he had a sharp, mature face. He gave a smile at these guests, pushing his glasses up his nose before stepping forward to greet them. Kindly offering Sora his hand first, he went about shaking their hands, silently thanking them each in turn for saving his father. Ayura looked up at them, blushing. She giggled as her father picked her up, holding her in one arm.

“Thank you for helping my father,” Otaku smiled, standing with an open posture towards them. He seemed incredibly friendly and sincere, keen to speak with them. “He says you brought him back here to Foris, that must have been so difficult for you. We‘re right out here in the middle of nowhere.” Sora and the others were not sure what to say. How did Otaku know this about his world? They did not ask, fearful of sounding rude, but they couldn’t help their curiosity.

“They saved my life,” Taiko smiled, standing beside his son. “Please, sit down here,” he gestured for Sora and the group to sit down. Riku, King Mickey and Kairi sat down on the chair, while Sora and the others offered to sit on the floor.

“Taiko, you need to tell us what happened,” Kiruna broke into the conversation. “You haven’t really explained what went on after you left.” Otaku nodded, looking at his father, eager to find out everything he’d missed.

Taiko sat down on the chair beside King Mickey, and proceeded to tell them of everything that had gone on over the two years. He told them of how Sora had defeated Ansem, how Mikado had taken over, how Riku had been kidnapped, and he’d been kicked out of the New Generation. He explained how he saved them from Duossus in Square-One, how Kairi had offered to help him get home, and how he’d led them to Mikado. Now, he was trying to explain what had happened after he and King Mickey found Sora again, but he was having a lot of difficulty. Riku and Kairi were helped out, and the story was pieced together up to the point when they’d landed on Foris. Kiruna sighed, putting a small hand on Taiko’s knee.

“That all sounds dreadful,” she spoke quietly, a tone of shock in her voice. She couldn’t believe how badly her husband had been treated. Looking down at Sora, she gave a smile. “But you… all these worlds owe everything to you. You saved everyone, and they’ll never even know it.” Sora blushed, embarrassed. He rubbed his neck nervously.

“I just did what I had to,” he smiled, feeling his face going pink with each passing second. “I thought I was just going out there to find Riku.” Riku grinned, ruffling Sora’s hair playfully.

“Wouldn’t know it just by looking at him,” he laughed, “but Sora’s very strong. He came after me when I needed it the most.” Kiruna smiled.

“You seem very caring,” she pointed out. Taiko folded his arms, nodding in agreement.

“He is,” he smiled. “I’m lucky to have him as a friend. I’ll never forget him. Or anyone here, for that matter. I owe them my life.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The entire day was spent at this house, with a happy, friendly atmosphere. Taiko and his family were incredibly welcoming, and were excellent hosts to their guests, providing them with all that was needed. After half a day of just talking, Kiruna provided a meal for them all. A bed was even provided for Donald and Goofy, as they would be the next to fly the Gummi Ship. They planned to leave at sunset, when the rest of the village would be inside. Otaku had offered to check on the ship throughout the day, making sure that none of the villagers had tampered with anything while they were talking. Although it seemed like they’d only just got there, it was already time for Sora and the others to leave.

The golden lake lay unstirred in the orange glow of the setting sun. The light streamed through the needles of the pine trees, creating strange and surreal shadows on the lush grass. The twilight mist hovered around in the air, gently swirling amongst the trees, and over the ground. Standing by the ship, they all reluctantly began to say their goodbyes. Just as expected, they were alone at the edge of the village. Kiruna, Ayura and Otaku gave them their best wishes, hoping for their safe return to their own worlds. Taiko, the last to say goodbye, stood silently in the emotional atmosphere.

“Thank you,” he smiled, a small tear rolling from the corner of his eye. “For everything.” He looked down at Kairi, giving her a warm smile. “You promised me you’d get me off Square-One, and you did it. Thank you, Kairi.” Giving her a hug, the tears began to flow from his eyes even more.

“You made it home to your family,” she smiled, tucking her red hair behind her ear, “just like you wanted.” Taiko nodded happily, before moving on to Riku.

“Riku, I still think the members were terrified of you,” he laughed. “It was only a day, but we had a lot of fun. You’re great fun to be around.” Riku gave a cocky smile, before grabbing Taiko for a hug. They’d become close friends over their short time together, and neither would forget the other anytime soon.

“Take care of yourself,” Riku smiled, watching Taiko shaking the King’s hand. “Don’t get yourself hurt again. And don‘t listen to whatever strangers tell you.” Taiko laughed, before going on to thank Donald and Goofy. Last of all, he came to Sora.

“Thank you, Sora,” Taiko smiled, the orange glow lighting half of his face. The pastel skies began to cloud over, succumbing to the gathering storm clouds that loomed over the horizon. Glancing up after the sudden change in light, he gave a sigh. “I suppose I had better make this quick.” Sora gave a sad smile, shrugging and giving Taiko his hand. Instead, Taiko grabbed him for a hug. “I hope you’re proud of yourself, Sora. You stopped Ansem, and now you have stopped Mikado, his successor. Two generations, wiped out forever. You really are something special, and you should take heart in that.” Pulling away as the first droplets of rain began to fall, Taiko gave him one last smile. “Thank you, for everything you have done. For me, the rest of the worlds, and for yourself.” Sora gave a nod, smiling back at Taiko.

“I’m still sorry for being so suspicious of you at first,” he smiled, shaking Taiko’s hand. “Thank you for all you’ve done for us. If it wasn’t for you, we never would have reached Mikado. You saved us from Duossus.” Taiko smiled, as larger drips of rain rolled down his face.

“I think you’d better be going,” he sighed, “before the storm gets here.” Sora and the others reluctantly turned to the ship. Riku pulled the door open, allowing Kairi, Donald and Goofy on first. “Will you come back to visit us?” He looked up at King Mickey, with a gleam of hope in his eyes.

“I’m sure we’ll meet again,” King Mickey nodded. “Sooner than you think we will.” Smiling, Taiko nodded, before standing by Kiruna, Otaku and Ayura. They waved goodbye as Sora, King Mickey and Riku entered the ship, locking the door tightly on their way out.

Sora sighed, leaving with a heavy heart. Taiko had become a close friend, and being without him was going to be strange. Watching the blurred family through the splatters of rain on the window, he was finding it quite hard to come to terms with this. Although, he knew that this would be for the best. Taiko could spend the rest of his days on Foris with his family, and he could return to the islands with Kairi and Riku. There was no way they’d be completely happy together. He sat on the floor of the cockpit with Kairi at his side.

The rain began to gush in torrents as the ship slowly raised from the grassy floor, powering up into the air. Taiko and his family waved until the ship burned up into the dark sky, disappearing into the night.

Watching them with a sorrowful joy in his eyes, Taiko gave a watery smile.

"We will meet again, Sora. I know it."

Hope you guys like this.

On another note, I finally got KH2 today! Yay! :D

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

Yay, they got Taiko home. Good update. Um...not much else to say.

...What's "peniultimate"? The almost-last? *feels silly*

.:Mega:.

Awards
Yay! Taiko's home! Everything is happy... and stuff. o.o Second to last is this? Well, either way, I can't wait for the smashing conclusion! ^^

~Mega

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Hi.

Penultimate is the second last, IchigoNeko ^-^

Ok everyone... Last chapter. First off, I want to thank you guys sooo much for being such awesome fans, and friends. Seriously, there's no-one as cool as you. Couldn't ask for better fans. IchigoNeko, thanks for all of the CC you've given me. I'll be a better writer because of you. Thanks for all of the great comments you've posted, and I really appreciate everything you've said.

Chapter Seventy-Seven

As they tore from Foris’ atmosphere in a blaze of light, the mood in the Gummi Ship was solemn. No-one had spoken since they’d left Taiko and his family behind. They all felt slightly guilty at having to leave so soon, but knew that it couldn’t be helped. Donald and Goofy took to flying the ship, and were joined by Riku, who stood silently watching over them. King Mickey had gone off to bed, exhausted. Kairi had offered to wash some clothes, so was sat in the bathroom for a while.

Sora had been reluctant to leave Taiko’s side, and now couldn’t help feeling sorrowful about it. Still, the memory of the islands kept him going. It was only a matter of time, now. Sat on the bed, with his legs crossed, he silently wandered through his own mind. With nothing to cloud his head, or distract his attention, his thoughts stayed with the Destiny islands, excited to be on his way home. It felt strange to him, knowing that this time, when he returned home, he’d be back for good. Last time he returned to the islands, it was only for a day, and then he was on his way to Square-One. So much time had passed since then, and this was the first chance he’d had to reflect on it all.

The thought of going home made him a little apprehensive. Facing his parents after being gone for so long was going to be particularly strange, as he’d have to explain everything to them, and whether they believed it all or not would be another matter entirely. Kairi had probably tried to explain some of it to them while he was away, which would make things a little easier.

Although, the thought that saddened him most was the thought of leaving Donald, Goofy and King Mickey behind. After spending more than two years with Donald and Goofy constantly by his side, it was difficult for him to imagine his life without them being there. He’d made other friends since then, but he knew none of them like he knew those two. Since the moment he’d received the Keyblade, they’d been there by his side. They had followed him through many different worlds, defended him in battle, and fought for his honour. They had been valuable allies in the struggle against the Heartless, much-needed company as they travelled between worlds, but, most importantly of all, they had been treasured friends. Saying goodbye to them would be difficult.

Trying not to think about this, Sora decided he’d cross this bridge when he came to it. There was no point in letting this thought of the future linger in the back of his mind. Easing himself down onto the bed, he lay on his back with his hands gently supporting his head, staring up at the ceiling. His chestnut hair fell softly through his fingers. Blinking, and taking deep breaths, he rested, alone in the dark bedroom. He closed his deep blue eyes, letting himself doze in the comfortable blankets awhile. It was nice to get away from it all sometimes, just letting himself go in this soothing, silent solitude.

Scanning the deep darkness before him with alert, turquoise eyes, Riku let himself rest against the back wall of the cockpit. Blocking out Donald and Goofy’s inane chatter and squabbling, he gazed out into the starry abyss, watching the blissful worlds swirling by at light speed. To know that he was finally on his way home was almost incomprehensible. The journey had taken more than two years, but now, after all the time spent struggling to find a way back to his best friends, he was just a few days away from the islands. Folding his arms and smiling to himself, Riku felt himself almost bursting with excitement. He longed to hear the comfortable explosions of the gentle, salty waves, the feel of the warm, golden sands now but a distant memory. The thoughts of the islands had given him comfort after being separated from King Mickey. Spending all that time alone was painful, but his memories kept him going, along with the wavering hope that, someday, he, Sora, and Kairi would be reunited. He would not admit it, but there were points that he felt there was no chance that this happy reunion would take place. Now, it had happened, and he was on his way back to his home.

It was at this point that he began to think of his parents. They had split up when he was younger, and he lost touch with his mother very soon after this. Living with his only his father for most of his life, Riku had always known he kept his father going through the tough times. Giving a sigh, he let himself slide down to sit on the floor while he thought. He hoped his father would be alright without him. Seeing him after two years of being gone would be an uncomfortable situation, and part of him dreaded it. Although, just getting back to the islands would be enough to cheer him up.

Contemplative days like this passed by slowly, dragging along at snail’s pace. Sora got himself back into his routine on the ship. Sleeping, followed by flying. Then sleeping again. Then flying. It seemed like an endless, dull cycle to him, knowing that he was on his way home now. No-one spoke much, knowing that their time together was quickly running out. The fact that they all missed Taiko already made this sorrowful mood linger a little longer, looming in the air of the ship.

Yet, despite the lingering, sombre atmosphere, nothing could dampen Sora, Riku and Kairi’s excitement at returning home. Their emotions were an unusual mix of extremes. Ecstatic and joyful at the thought of finally reaching the islands, but sorrowful at the thought of leaving their friends behind at the same time, they were not sure of how to feel about the situation. Fearful of sounding rude in front of King Mickey, Donald and Goofy, they had to suppress their excitement. At least, until they reached their own world.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Almost lying back in his chair, slouching in a comfortable position, Sora shared a joke with King Mickey. After a little thinking, he realised that he couldn’t spend their last hours together being melancholic and dull. He’d decided that he would try to make the most of things while he could. It wasn’t as though he’d never see the King again, but it could be a long time before he got another chance to do so, and so wanted to leave in high spirits, to give his friend a happy, hopeful goodbye.

Riku and Kairi sat silently in the bedroom, both with their eyes fixed on the wide window, searching the endless darkness for their own, swirling world, hiding in amongst the twinkling stars. A blazing comet burned a white-hot trail through the vast black space.

Kairi longed to return to the safe normality of the island, silently wishing that Sora and Riku would not be caught up in anything like this again. The supernatural storm on that fateful night had a lasting, painful legacy. After being separated from Sora after he sealed the door to Kingdom Hearts, with no knowledge of Riku’s safety, the turmoil in her heart escalated to great heights, causing her to almost lose her hope in ever seeing them alive again. She spent two years standing on that same beach, her crystal eyes fixed on the distant horizon, silently pleading for them to appear off in the distance, return to her side once more. Remembering the joy she felt when she saw Sora fading into view in the beautiful summer sunset, she smiled. Although, the thought of hearing he was going again enveloped her smile, letting it disappear from her face. Sora had been roped into this situation with the New Generation while trying to find Riku, and had to risk his own life in a perilous duel with Mikado. Still, she decided not to let herself get too wrapped up in these thoughts. Both Sora and Riku were safe, back at her side again. And that was where they’d stay.

Riku sighed, letting his head rest on a single arm. It was another ponderous day. Slumped on the long chair, looking out of the window, he was getting bored. He and Kairi had been looking out for hours, with no real results. Still… that world off in the distance looked familiar.

Gently lifting his head from his arm, he narrowed his eyes, sceptical at first. But, as they grew closer with each passing second, he knew he could not be mistaken. Feeling his excitement begin to grow inside, he silently took Kairi’s hand, led her into the cockpit. Sora smiled as Riku approached him, before letting his eyes dart to the display screen.

Pressing a few buttons, the navigation display flashed up, confirming Riku’s thoughts. The excitement bubbled over inside him, spreading onto his face in an ecstatic grin. As the realisation hit Sora and Kairi, they couldn’t help jumping up in joy. Riku, however, stood perfectly still, his turquoise eyes alight with silent rapture, the smile firmly fixed on his face. Sora and Kairi’s happy shouting faded away as he closed his eyes, their excitement slowly being swept away by the sound of gently foaming waves.

Foaming, melting, washing...

And, when he opened his eyes, there he was.

He felt the warm, welcoming sunshine smiling down on his own beaming face. The salty water gently splashed at his pink feet, and the golden sands slipped away through his toes as the waves washed back into the foamy shallows. Blue skies lay overhead, perfectly complimented with sailing woolly clouds, and yellow sunlight streaming down onto the blissful beach below. He turned his back on the sparkling ocean, looked out towards Sora and Kairi, stood waving further up the beach. Lush foliage danced in the amiable island breeze, along with the shady, green palm trees, swaying gently on the edge of the sands. Then, his eyes wandered to the undulating emerald leaves, waving in the distance, hiding the entrance to the secret place. Lying down in the sand, he turned and saw Sora and Kairi approaching him, hand in hand, with bright grins across their faces. They, too, lay down at his sides, gazing up into the endless blue beyond.

This was just what he’d been dreaming of, since the moment he and Sora had closed the door to Kingdom Hearts. From that second onwards, the perfect image of being on this paradise island with his best friends stayed with his every thought, telling him not to lose hope. It lingered in his mind throughout the entire journey. Even when he’d been separated from King Mickey. Even when he was left alone in Kactos. Even when he was trapped at the mercy of the New Generation, unsure of whether he’d even survive, never mind see Sora and Kairi again. The lingering hope that they would be back on this island someday kept him going, even after he‘d crossed into the final frontier. The very thought of Sora, Kairi, and the island made all his fears melt away.

Although he didn’t realise it, the memory of this idyllic island had inspired them all, helping them to keep their faith. It stayed in their hearts through everything, giving them hope, uniting them, no matter where they were. Their one wish was to return to Destiny Island.

And, at this point, putting his hands behind his head, Riku thought back to two years ago. It was strange to think that, back then, his one wish was to leave Destiny Island. He closed his eyes, and with a small laugh, he raised a wide grin.

“Why would I ever want to leave?”

And there we have it. Any questions? Yes? Good. It's a very open ending. Leaving the possibility of a sequel, so keep your eyes peeled! ;) There'll be a one-shot picking up where this leaves off in the near future, and I have some original stuff written that I'll be posting.

Again, thanks for all your comments and support. You guys rule ^-^

Snowdog xxx

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

Yay! It's a great last chapter. Thanks for your compliments. You're really good at describing. And I want a sequel!

Where's Kactos? What's Kactos? The world the NG was at is Square-One...

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Thanks everyone! :) Like I said, you guys rule!

IchigoNeko, Kactos was where TNG found Riku. Hope that clears some stuff up.

Don't worry. The epilogue is almost finished, and after that I'm starting my original fic. I just need to do some schoolwork first, lol. 6 essays to do, yuck. And playing KH2, lol.

Thanks for everything ^-^

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

6 essays?! Geez...That's kinda...major...I mean, I get plenty of homework, but not THAT much... Anyway, yay, epilouge!

And I still want a sequel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back