• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Freaky Psychic Girl

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
All right, topic shift here. Forget about Mutator, Shadow, the Russian mission, Angelus/Lilac, Kamui or the romance going on. You're about to find out about what happened before Faith arrived in New York ... this is for you, Reckless Chaos!

Chapter 10: The Forgotten Brother

Musso Residence

Because Faith’s ribs were sore and possibly broken, Rene helped her home thanks to his invisibility powers. He opened the door only to find Patricia aiming a gun at them, whilst they were still invisible. But then they became visible again and she lowered her defences looking at Faith, who looked battered and bruised. Rene let go of Faith and she fell into Patricia’s arms breaking down in tears.

At first, Rene thought that Patricia would have told him to leave. He told them both that he was leaving, but then he was stopped when the door closed automatically. “I don’t want you to go anywhere,” said Patricia, who had told Faith to close the door. “You just saved my goddaughter’s life. I want you to come and tell me everything that’s happened.”

Military Prison, Russia

“He’s escaped! He’s escaped!” cried a Russian soldier speaking in English.

Panic struck a military prison somewhere in the middle of Russia. One of their most dangerous prisoners had just escaped from his cell and was now rampaging along the military prison crushing whoever was in his way. But this was just a young boy of thirteen years old. The young man looked in the mirror for the first time in years. He had black spiky hair, green eyes and was quite tall. His name was Fayt.

Fayt growled when he heard more security guards coming with even more soldiers. He bent down to the entrance to the sewer and lifted the metal plate tossing it out right at the soldiers coming towards him. This one was just one of the few powers Fayt actually possessed – superhuman strength. He jumped down to the sewers and smiled. He knew that he’d be able to escape this time because he had planned everything carefully.

Even though the sewer water wasn’t exactly nice here, Fayt didn’t care much. He was wearing the clothes he had worn for visits outside, not his prisoner clothes. The chances were that they wouldn’t come after him again. Darting around corners in the sewers, Fayt could hear their voices everywhere. Then suddenly, he came face to face with the most horrifying demon he’d ever met.

“You,” hissed Angelus, “your scent is very familiar.”

“Oh, trust me!” grinned Fayt. “We’ve never met. But how about we leave the introductions and go our own way?” This was his way of being cocky.

But Angelus pinned him up against the wall. “So you are running from someone? I could get rid of them for you if you like,” she smiled nastily. “Then we could talk. What do you say?”

“I say … PISS OFF!” yelled Fayt, as he threw Angelus off him. “You should never underestimate a guy like me.” He heard voices in the distance. Shit, they’re pretty good this time. But I must get outta here or else I’ll be tortured again. Heh, as if it was torture. They’re weasels when it comes to that!

So he carried on running in the different direction hoping to find a ladder soon that would take him to the light of day.

Musso Residence

Faith and Rene were sat in the kitchen for quite a long time. Patricia had been pacing around trying to get over everything that had been happening lately. Faith looked pleadingly at Rene. Please don’t say anything, she projected her thoughts to him. I don’t want her to know about Shadow and she won’t have any answers whatsoever!

“Who is going to start?” said Patricia in a strict and harsh tone. “Faith?”

Faith stared at her. But Patricia slammed her hand on the table.

“WHY DID YOU RUN AWAY?” she yelled with anger in her tone.

But Faith didn’t flinch, even though she hadn’t heard her godmother yell at her like that before. Meanwhile, Rene felt like hiding on the other side of the world. He never thought that he’d hear her even yell for one moment. He glanced at Faith noticing that she was looking down at the floor blankly.

“I’m a burden,” she said quietly. “Everything has happened because of me. The damn military, demon spawn, my brother’s death –”

“Brother?” interrupted Rene, as both Faith and Patricia turned to face him. Rene looked at Faith suspiciously. “You never told us that you had a brother. What happened to him? Why isn’t he here now?” His voice was raised up because there was something going on and it seemed that Faith hadn’t told him everything about her.

“You really want to know the truth?” said Patricia with her voice still raised also, as tears started swelling up in her eyes. “Fine then. If Faith won’t tell you, then I will. I’ll tell you all about my godson and Faith’s brother. First of all, his name was Fayt Crest –” Then she started talking about the period before they moved to New York City.

Cave, Canada

BANG.

Faith was blasted right into the back of the cave and her head began to throb badly until it bled. She looked at her brother, Fayt, pissed off with what he had just done. He just shrugged his shoulders and raised his hands up in defence.

“Hey! You were the one wanting to get in and you just happened to stand there, so don’t start!” he warned, waving his fist in her face. Faith looked annoyed still and Fayt helped his older sister up. “Besides, they won’t be able to find us up here. Hopefully, Patricia will be here soon.”

“It was your damn fault why we were up here in the first place!” yelled Faith. When she saw him look unhappy and just look out into the distance, she apologised. “I didn’t mean what I said, Fayt, it’s just that –” She placed a hand on his shoulder. “The evolution you went through, it should never have happened. I just wish that the military weren’t there at the time. It’s their fault really why we’ve been through this.” She looked out at the many snowy mountains. There were helicopters zooming around, but they wouldn’t notice them in the dark cave. “We should light a fire or something. You wait here for Patricia and I’ll go find some wood.”

“No, you were right in the first place,” sighed Fayt. “This really IS my fault. You stay here and wait for Patricia. I’LL get the wood.”

But as the pair continued to bicker on about who was going to get wood for a fire, they failed to notice that Patricia had slowly made her way into the dark cave. “I see that you two are doing just fine without me,” she said, making them jump at the sight of her. “What? Two siblings who have special powers are arguing over the wood for a fire. The pair of you go together because both of you are in more danger than I am. You’ll need each other to protect one another.”

“Great, Patricia has a point again,” sighed Fayt, and looked towards Faith. “Guess we gotta go do this, sis. Patricia isn’t going to let us come back, unless we actually go in the first place.”

Musso Residence

“Wait, lemme get this straight,” said Rene, who was struggling to take everything all in, “your brother, Fayt, had an evolving stage with his powers and then the military saw what happened?” Faith and Patricia nodded. “And then they chased you around the world, so that led you to Canada. But where were you before going to Canada? Tell me exactly what happened for them to chase you.”

“This is going to be a long story,” said Patricia, glancing at Faith, whom she was still angry with for running away. But she decided to calm down for now just for Rene’s sake. “But Faith was there when it happened. I arrived too late to see what was really going on. If you will, Faith …”

Faith still looked quite traumatised from turning into her dark side, Rene could tell. Would she be able to recall the memory that haunted her to this day? He supposed that she would. “Then I’ll tell you what happened then,” said Faith after a few moments of silence. “Before moving to New York, we lived someplace in Malibu. You see, ever since what happened to Patricia – which I didn’t find out until Lilac appeared a week ago – we’ve moved all over the world. It’s not something to be proud of. One minute, we used to be in a great place. The next, we’re jetting off for a new life somewhere else. Fayt and I used to hate it. But when we got to Malibu, it just felt too good to be true … and we were right.”

Beach, Malibu

“I hope we don’t move again,” said Fayt quietly.

“What makes you say that?” asked Faith, as she opened her eyes from sunbathing and sat up on her sun bed. The pair was enjoying a peaceful afternoon on the beach since school had finished early. “We’ve been here for six months already! Patricia’s said that work as a music producer’s already helped. It’s the highest she’s climbed in her career ladder, so I hardly doubt that she’s gonna give it up.”

“So when she had the chance to finally shine as an actress, you think she didn’t want to give it up then?” he smirked.

Faith was silent for a moment and then spoke again. “Sometimes, I wish that I was an only child because then I wouldn’t have to argue with you.” Fayt laughed a little. “I think that she didn’t want the publicity. Fayt, she gave that chance up to protect us. If anything about us or our newfound POWERS ever came out, then Patricia would be the most … she’d be hated in the world, Fayt! Then we’d get all these scientists and it’d be too eww!”

“You’re starting to sound like Tiffany in my class,” said Fayt, who looked a little freaked out. “Can I tell you something? And don’t try reading my thoughts or whatever it is that you can do.”

“Fayt, you know that I have no control over my powers right now. What is it? Oh gosh, lemme guess! It’s about this Tiffany girl, isn’t it?”

“You read my mind!”

“No, girls are good at guessing boys, that’s all.”

“Huh … so you think. Yeah, it’s about Tiffany White. She’s so arrogant and she drives me nuts! But … she’s so pretty and I know that there’s another girl in there that wants to come out and say hi to me. You’ve seen Tiffany, right? What do you think?”

“Well …”

“Uh, Faith?”

“What?”

But then Faith knew exactly what was wrong. Fayt was shining a golden colour and was blinding the surroundings. Faith closed her eyes to stop herself being blinded. She opened her eyes and could just about make out a few military soldiers staring at what was happening. She saw them charging towards Fayt – and knew that she had to act.

She jumped in front of Fayt and then swung her arm. The soldiers went flying back. If there was one way that Faith could do, then it was use her powers in an emergency. Combining the emotions of fear and determination along with wanting to help her brother was the only way she could project those emotions into her arm to unleash her telekinetic waves.

When they were down, the military soldiers groaned in pain. Faith smiled, but then felt a sharp piercing pain in her arm. She saw Fayt had grabbed it and was apparently crushing it, although not intentionally.

“Fayt! Let go! You’re hurting me!” she cried, as tears flooded down her cheeks.

“Sorry!” jumped Fayt when he realised he was nearly breaking her arm. “God, what’s happening to me? I have no control over my powers whatsoever – and I think it’s best if I don’t touch you for a while.” He saw the military soldiers on the floor and smiled at his sister. “Thanks for taking ’em down, sis. We should get out of here.”

But the soldiers got back up to his or her feet and pointed their guns at them both. The others on the beach started evacuating. Faith stood in front in Fayt to protect him. If there were one person who was going to get shot, then it would be her. She wouldn’t let him get hurt for something he had done unintentionally. It would be her taking on the big sister role.

“Stay where you are!” yelled one soldier.

“This could be a problem …” muttered another.

“You’re kidding me?” laughed the general. “I never thought that the day would come when we discover some people special. We’ll have to take them down and bring them to the labs underground. Everyone who was here will just have to get his or her mind wiped clean. No one can know about what happened here.”

“What are they saying?” whispered Fayt.

“I heard labs, underground and minds wiped clean,” muttered Faith. “We’re going to get out of this, trust me. I just sent a text to Patricia telling her what’s happened and she’s planning to get our stuff out of the house to a friend and then she’s going to meet us somewhere with emergency packs. Can’t say yet because we’ll have to get outta here.”

“You SENT a text without using your hands?” he stared. “Oh wait, this was a telekinetic thing, right?” He smiled and nodded at her. “You ARE good.”

“Ok, so how bout on the count of three, we do this?” she suggested. “One, two –”

“I’d rather go at two!” shouted Fayt, as he charged forward.

“FIRE!”

Bullets were fired from the soldiers’ guns, but they stopped halfway there. Faith stopped them and sent them flying into the ocean. As the soldiers started calling for backup, Fayt started punching through them with Faith backing him up using telekinetic waves to stop anyone opposing them. The fight lasted for a whole long time. When each soldier was down, it was the general’s turn to fall.

Fayt grabbed him by the throat and hoisted him up into the air.

“Freaks!” spat the general. “The world will know all about you and your ways!”

“If we’re freaks, then why did you point your guns at us?” growled Fayt, throwing him at the other soldiers. “Come on, Faith, these punks aren’t worth it!”

“Fayt!” shouted Faith. “You shouldn’t be doing that to them!”

“Well, why not? They deserved it for calling us freaks and because something was happening to me, they turned their guns on us!” he continued to yell. “It’s the world against us now, Faith. Stop trying to help people like you always do! It’s become survival of the fittest now.”

Faith and Fayt made a run for it. There was no looking back.

Musso Residence, Malibu

Patricia told them to meet them at the house, but something was telling her that they hadn’t made it back. She glanced down at her phone wanting to dial Faith’s number up and ask where they were. When she decided to do just that and reached out for her phone, Faith and Fayt burst through the door. Patricia raised her gun looking alarmed, but then lowered it.

“Oh, it’s you two,” she said, and put the gun away.

“You have a gun?” stared Faith, looking shocked and angry.

“Pu-lease, Faith!” laughed Fayt. “Everybody’s gotta defend themselves.” He walked over to Patricia. “I just told her that helping people isn’t going to help this time and that it’s us against the world now. So where to first, Tricia?” He liked calling Patricia by Tricia because it was a nickname and he liked it.

“We’re going to have to maybe hide in the north for now,” explained Patricia, but ignoring Faith’s shaking head about the gun. “Canada possibly. I have enough money invested so far for this expedition. I’ve been saving money for us for years and I’ve always known that this day would come. So! We have to leave now. Hannah Pocks has the rest of your stuff; she came by with a delivery van and let’s just say that we got everything out as soon as we could. I got you both emergency bags.”

She tossed them their backpacks.

“Underwear, emergency supplies are all in there. We have to leave as soon as possible. Plus, it’s lucky that we don’t actually own this place. I’m glad that we don’t have to pay the rent anymore … I told our tenant that we’re moving out and that it’s been a pleasure doing business with him. Well, are we ready then?”

Faith just stared at Patricia and Fayt as if they didn’t have a care in the world. A few hours ago, they were having the time of their lives on the beach without a care in the world. Now? They were being forced out of Malibu and chased by the military, which had probably alerted the whole nation that they were criminals by now. Patricia looked at Faith with a worried look on her face.

“I know that this is all so sudden, but we have to leave now,” she said, placing a hand on her shoulder. “We’ll figure this all out. We’ll change our identities; do whatever it takes to get away from them! Remember this: I made a promise to your mother that I’d look after you both. That’s what I’m going to do. That’s why we’re leaving.”

Musso Residence

“So you left for Canada,” said Rene, nodding his head and looking at Faith. She must have had it so hard when they left Malibu. To even think that she’d been around the world searching for their right home and then when she thought that she had found it, they were found by the military. Too bad that they had to leave, but how did Fayt die? I’m sure Faith said “death of my brother” or whatever it was. He saw Faith looking sad, but then turning emotionless at the same time. “What happened? He died, right?”

“Of course he died,” said Faith suddenly, looking down at her hands, “and it was my fault that he died in the end. The military finally caught us in Canada. Patricia ran for it just like I told her to and it came to a face off between the military and us. They didn’t know our names, but knew what we could do. I thought that if we went up to them face to face, then we’d be finally getting ourselves out of this stupid goose chase. But I was wrong …”

Slope, Canada

“So we finally caught you at last,” said the very same general from Malibu, as he smiled nastily at Faith and Fayt. They were on their fourteenth day of staying in Canada in the dark cave getting wood for a fire. Faith once again was protecting Fayt now having even more control of her own powers, whilst he was struggling with his. “I thought that I’d live to see this day again. It’s been three months already! How on earth have you been keeping yourselves alive? Someone must be helping you.”

“You’re right,” nodded Faith, smiling ever so slightly to the general’s disgust. “We had someone helping us, but she left a long time ago. She left us a few hours ago when we knew that you came back. It’s true; we’ve been hiding near these woods for the past two months. We spent a month getting here and now we’ve come to this. We decided that there’s no more hiding. We’re not going to hide anymore!”

“Do you speak for yourself, your brother or for both of you?” glared the general coldly. “The way I see it? Your brother’s trembling in fear of his own power. I remember when you cried out for help, girly. He almost broke your arm, remember? If you come to us, then we can sort him out for good. Then we can contain your power and use it for something even more useful.”

Faith laughed. “Get real!” she put on her serious face. “I’m not going to let you guys hurt my little bro! No way! You’ll have to get through me first!” But then she saw Fayt step to the side of her. “Fayt? What are you doing?”

“I’m fighting,” he told her. “I’m not standing behind you anymore. If they want to take me on, then let them do it. I don’t need my big sis to protect me all the time.”

“Fayt, do you realise that you’re only TWELVE years old?” she hissed.

“And you’re thirteen! So? Big deal!” laughed Fayt. “But they’re scared of both of us. We take them on together and we’re unbeatable! If I know I’m losing control, then you can help me, sis. I’ll just think about it. You getting me?”

Faith smiled and nodded. “Sure do,” she whispered. Then she turned to the general. “All right! Bring it on, Hagen!”

Musso Residence

“WHAT?”

Faith and Patricia rolled their eyes, as Rene repeated Hagen’s name.

“You’re telling me that HAGEN was there too when your little bro died?” he whispered in disbelief. He kept on shaking his head. If Faith really did have a brother, then Rene would have loved to meet him. But if he was dead, well, he couldn’t, could he? “Then you’ve seen Hagen even before he told us we were going to go on that Russian mission. But hold up, did Hagen kill Fayt? If he did, then –”

“No,” interrupted Patricia. “Hagen would never kill anyone.”

“One of the soldiers did!” said Faith suddenly.

Slope, Canada

The fight had been going on for a while, but more backups kept on coming. Faith fell to one knee, as two soldiers held her down. She tried desperately to break free, but they were too strong for her. Fayt tried fighting his way to her, but he was being overwhelmed as well.

“FAYT!” she screamed.

“FAITH!” he cried.

Hagen stood near them both glancing at them one by one until a smile emerged on his face. “You know, I knew it would end this way,” he said, crossing his arms. “Two siblings separated from each other … don’t worry, you won’t see each other again. You won’t remember this or anything else. We’re wiping your minds clear and then we’re going to deal with you later.”

Fayt pushed all the soldiers holding him down and hurried to Faith. He pushed those holding her down off her and then helped her back to her feet. “I told you that I wasn’t going to let anyone hurt you,” he said. “I told Patricia that we’d be fine and you’ll be fine. Me? I might be hurt a little, but I’ll survive like I always do.”

“This isn’t over!” yelled Hagen. “Seize the girl! She’s the one causing this!”

The soldiers charged at Faith in an attempt to grab her. Faith and Fayt had hardly anytime to reunite after the fight. Before they knew it, soldiers were charging at Faith. Fayt cried, “NO!” and then pushed Faith out of the way. One of the soldiers knocked right into Fayt causing him to fall down the edge of the mountain they were on and he disappeared.

“FAYT!” cried Faith, as she looked to see where he’d disappeared. “Oh my god, crap … no! This can’t be happening! Fayt! Come back!” She couldn’t believe he had just pushed her out of the way to save her life. Now he’d been the one to pay the ultimate price. He was probably dead now, but she couldn’t think of him like that. There was a great anger burning deep inside her soul. She turned to face Hagen and his soldiers. “You’ll pay for what you’ve done.”

“Pay? We don’t even know your name!” yelled Hagen. “So what do you call yourself then if you think you can leave alive and free?”

Faith looked down into the ice near her. She could see her eyes had turned red, it was almost as if there was a fire burning in them. Next, she glanced at Hagen and then the frustration was growing. “CRIMSON!” she screamed, as the most powerful telekinetic waves threw the soldiers, plus Hagen away from her for many miles. Then she was left with the utter silence, apart from the snow falling down from the sky. She lowered her head feeling guilty that she was alive and he was dead. “Today, I’ve lost you. The old Faith Crest died along with you, now there’s a new one around and her codename is … Crimson.”

Musso Residence

“It was my fault he died,” repeated Faith, looking down at the floor blankly. She glared coldly at Patricia. “You wanted to leave and we agreed to let you go. I want to blame you, but I can’t! Fayt died because he tried saving me and he succeeded. I’ll never see him again because he’s dead. People say he could’ve survived, but I gave up long ago. Without Fayt, the old me disappeared as well.” She glanced at Rene, who was offering his sympathetic looks to her. “You know why I am like I am now, Rene. You know why I don’t let people in. You get too close – only tragedy strikes.”

“I let you into my life and tragedy hasn’t struck yet,” said Rene, as he sat next to her and watched her hold back her tears. “Haven’t you felt anything since that day? You look like you held all your emotions inside.”

“That’s what she did,” assumed Patricia, catching his attention. “She told me what happened, but wouldn’t let me know how she felt. That’s why she didn’t speak to anyone at first when we moved to New York. Hagen didn’t find us until a month ago. He sent us his condolences … Faith ended up injuring twenty of his soldiers.”

“That’s my girl!” laughed Rene, but then stopped when he saw Faith’s eyes burning a red colour. Could Faith’s dark side be related to her loss? Maybe there was a great emptiness that allowed Shadow to be born. Hey, maybe I could be right! I have been known to figure some things out before. He glanced at Patricia. “Listen, I’m going to have to go now. And Faith?” She looked up at him. “You are NOT a burden. If anyone’s a burden here, then it’s me. You know how much trouble I get into nowadays.” She simply nodded her head and watched him disappear. A moment later, the door slammed behind him closed.

“It’s just you and me now,” said Patricia, sitting down at last. “What happened?”

“I went to the rooftops,” said Faith, explaining herself after admitting about her dead brother to Rene. It had been so hard to admit that and brought back unpleasant memories, but then there were some good memories. “Mutator found me there and I found out who he really was. He was a parasite inside of James.” Patricia sighed and shook her head. “I know, but he nearly killed me down there. Rene saved me again and that’s all really. I don’t wanna talk about what Mutator did to me.” Secretly, she hoped that Patricia wouldn’t ask about anything else because Shadow would be brought up at some point. “Can I go to my room right now?”

“No, you were supposed to go on this Russian mission today,” she said, shaking her head. “I talked to Hagen –” Faith glared coldly at her godmother at the mention of his name. “– And he said that Mutator actually isn’t in Russia. So that must explain why you encountered Mutator. But there was a disturbance in Russia that he wants you to investigate. I’m sorry, Faith, but it needs your attention as soon as possible. Can you walk?”

“I … I’ll be fine,” whispered Faith, looking like she was in pain when she rose to her feet. Her ribs were still sore, but didn’t feel broken. “Just a few sore ribs, they shouldn’t be broken. Maybe Hagen can get me a health scan on the way there.” And so she limped out to the garden, where the helicopter was ready to take off. Yet again, Faith had to look into the eyes of the man responsible for Fayt’s death. The fire lit up in her eyes again.

Sewers, Russia

It turned out that Faith had only bruised her ribs badly when she had her health scan on the helicopter. Instead of jumping down to the sewers, she took the ladder along with the other soldiers. Hagen was already down there waiting for her. She couldn’t help, but feel so much resentment towards him right now.

“So how are we going to work this one out then, Crimson?” he asked.

“I dunno, you tell me there’s a disturbance and then you ask me what I’m going to do when you don’t give me any information,” growled Faith. “That’s really nice considering all that’s happened between the times we’ve met in the past year or so.”

“If this is about your brother –!” began Hagen.

“You bet darn right that it’s about my brother,” she said, looking at him right in the eye. “But what choice do I have in helping you? You stop people knowing about me and I get rid of all your problems. That’s how we work, isn’t it? Ever since you watched my brother die, you’ve tried your best to make people forget about me.”

“Exactly, think of it as a way of redemption,” he nodded his head.

But Faith was still shaking her head. “You people make me sick. Just give me the damn information about what happened here and then we’ll get this over and done with, all right?” She thought she could sense something going on down here, but put a hand to her head when she had a migraine. I’ve not felt this for years. What is this scent? It’s an aura that I’ve not sensed for years.

“The Russian military prison nearby had one of its mental prisoners break out of his cell and get down here,” said Hagen, as he looked around the sewers. “According to resources, he hasn’t escaped the sewers yet. All entrances, except for the one we entered through have been sealed off before he could break out. He is really strong, maybe it’s the reason why he’s so crazy in the first place.”

“Maybe,” she muttered under her breath, “or maybe not.” When Hagen stared at her for a while, she just shook her head and walked off to go see what she could find. “I could at least need you stop staring at me for a while.” He coughed loudly and then a stone went flying into his forehead. Smiling because she had managed to piss him off even more, Faith carried on walking deeper into the sewers to see what she could find.

She eventually found a door that wasn’t normally meant to be here. Figuring that someone had probably lived here, she opened the door with her hand and then walked in to see that no one was here. It was quiet, perhaps a little too quiet.

Then suddenly, something that she couldn’t predict came. The door was blown off the wall and then hit Faith squarely in the chest. She went crashing into the wall and coughed up blood from her mouth. The next thing she knew, Faith opened her eyes again and was looking right at one of those many faces she had believed to be dead.

“Faith?” whispered Fayt, as he was holding a knife to her neck. Her eyes were turning black and she was slowly transforming into Shadow. That same emptiness had come again. She knew Fayt couldn’t be alive, but the anger was also resurfacing again. “What happened to you?” His voice was full of disbelief, but he was just about to find out what happened to his sister in the year that they had been separated for.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
If big sis decides to include Fayt's other powers then you would know Fayt's a true powerhouse. A good fight nonetheless. Not sounding cocky or anything since my bestest friend made Fayt's powers for me while I only had the idea. If used right, Fayt is almost unstoppable. IF used right. I still don't know how to use his powers right.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ooh, a fight going on in my story already? Firstly, the Alpha and Shadow encounter won't happen just yet. I'm leaving the Alpha and Mutator one for a little bit later as well. For now, you'll see what happens next between Faith and Fayt. James will reappear in the next chapter, so I haven't forgotten about him. Thanks for your comments so far, keep em coming! :p

Chapter 11: Suicidal Thoughts​

Sewers, Russia

“Faith?” stared Fayt, who instantly noticed his older sister’s eyes turn black. He backed away from her and dropped the knife in shock. Faith slid down the wall and tears streamed down her face. Her hands were shaking. In fact, her entire body was shaking as if a change was striking her at this very moment. Fayt could hear voices in the distance, but they weren’t coming in their direction. “What the hell happened to you? Why haven’t you said anything? Don’t you know who it is? It’s Fayt!”

“I KNOW WHO YOU ARE!” yelled Faith, but her voice was getting darker than it usually was. Shadow was fighting to come out of her shell – yet Faith wasn’t even fighting the change. She just wanted everything to end. The pain of Fayt disappearing had come back to haunt her and now she was stuck in the middle of so many crises.

The pair then watched Angelus appear right before their very eyes. “Crest,” she hissed nastily, “I’m so glad that I caught you at last. I want you to pay for what you did to me a week ago! You put me out of action, now it’s your turn to take the fall!”

Faith let out a cry of pain when she fell to her knees and the tears continued to flow down her cheeks. She looked up at Fayt now struggling with the words she had to tell him. “Go … to New York … find Patricia …” she managed to say. “She should be there, I … I’m sorry … go …”

Fayt was refusing to leave, however. “I want to know what crap is going down with you, Faith!” he argued. “You need to tell me what the ****’s been going on since I disappeared and was captured by the Russian military.” But then he got the shock of his life when Faith used Shadow’s strength to hoist him into the air with her bare hand and push him against the wall making a few bricks crumble to the ground.

“You’re going to go now or else you might not be so lucky!” yelled Faith, then putting him back down to his feet. But then she apologised. “I’m sorry for that, Fayt, but I’ll explain everything later, I promise.” She glanced at Angelus. “There’s someone I need to deal with.”

Fayt didn’t argue anymore. If Faith had that amount of power – wherever the hell she’d got it from – then he wouldn’t want to be arguing with her for once. He told her to be safe and then he jumped into the air flying upwards bashing his way through the sewers.

Faith was now left with Angelus.

“I sense darkness around you, little girl,” hissed Angelus again.

“That’s because there is,” nodded Faith, who felt herself losing to her dark side. “I’d run if I were you. Things are going to get really nasty!” For once, she was laughing. However, she had stopped laughing when Angelus had grabbed Faith and slammed her right through the wall. The bricks crumbled on top of her and Angelus could only laugh as well as remark about how weak she was. But then suddenly, an arm emerged from the bricks. Shadow rose to her feet looking at Angelus darkly. Her wounds were healing up now. Angelus thought that she had underestimated her and she was quite right this one time. “From now on, call me Shadow.” She was emotionless. “I’m not like that pathetic Crest.”

“So then, the dark side has emerged!” laughed Angelus hysterically.

But then Shadow pinned her right against the wall and slammed her head against it. “I wouldn’t be so funny if I were you,” she hissed nastily, her black eyes glaring coldly right at Angelus’s grey ones. “You might be able to get Crest down, but not me. I’m so much different to her. Besides, you’d be lucky if you get out of here alive!” She threw her through another wall, which only attracted Hagen and his squads’ attention.

When Hagen and his squads did arrive, they stared suspiciously at Shadow in particular. Hagen told his men to stand down looking the most shocked at the change in Faith out of all of them. “Crimson?” he whispered in horror.

A dark aura was now surrounding Shadow. “I AM NOT THAT PATHETIC GIRL!” she yelled, as the environment around them began to crumble.

Bricks fell off the walls and a great violent wind appeared. The wind swept Hagen and the rest of the military off their feet, but not Shadow. Angelus was still lying on the ground coughing up blood, but watching in awe at Shadow’s power.

Now that is why I want Crest’s power, she thought evilly. I knew that there was more potential within her. With her dark side out, there’s nothing that can truly stop her! Then again, what about the boy, her brother? I must find him; he must be the only one who could stop her. Hmm … yes, use the boy to contain his sister … and then take her as my host. Then finally, I’ll be able to be truly unstoppable!

Shadow looked towards where Fayt had smashed his way through to the upper ground. “I know what you’re thinking, you demon spawn,” she snarled at Angelus, still glaring down coldly at her, “and when I kill her brother, there’ll be no force in the world that can stop me.” She flew up into the air and left the sewers.

Angelus slammed her fist into the ground feeling angry at her plan now being a total sham and never able to go ahead as well. She got to her feet looking down at Hagen and the soldier squads moaning, as they sat up and regained consciousness. Naturally, she would have killed them on the spot to make herself feel better, but her time was up. Lilac returned to control, her physical features growing over the demonic appearance. She coughed ever so slightly and then smiled. She was back.

“Seize her!” cried Hagen.

“Seize me? What, before I get to tell you that I’m a host for a demon?” moaned Lilac.

“All right then … forget it,” he said, as the soldiers advancing towards her came to a sudden halt. Hagen was helped up by another soldier and then straightened himself up. “Your face is very familiar. If I’m not mistaken, then you must be Lilac Tulsa.”

“You better not be with the ****ing lab department,” she growled instantly, reaching out for her gun. But then Hagen didn’t react, apart from shake his head. “So you’re not then. Tell me something then. Why are you here with Faith and why does she have a brother I never knew about?”

“For a demon’s host, you have a lot of questions,” assumed Hagen, raising an eyebrow. “Perhaps I’ll answer them if you answer my own questions …”

Village, Russia

Even though Faith had told him to get as far away as possible, Fayt had stopped in a small Russian village in the middle of nowhere. He had stopped for the very first time since flying out of the sewers. Flying was just one of his powers. He was quite strong for his age, although superhuman strength wasn’t necessarily the only part of his powers. Fayt had more powers, but hadn’t usually shown them in public before.

He stood in an alleyway between two cottages panting. What had happened to his sister in the year that they had been separated? What he’d seen so far wasn’t good. He realised that maybe she was trying to protect him from what else would happen to her.

But she’s my older sis, he kept on thinking to himself, and I need to know the truth at the end of the day. I want to know what she’s been doing in the year since we left each other. My powers have been growing and growing to the part, where they’re uncontrollable. He began to think back to the times before they discovered their powers. We were just kids having the time of our lives! Then all this came …

Then suddenly, he heard a helicopter descend upon the village. The person that came out of it was someone Fayt thought he’d never see again. Patricia instantly saw him in the dark alleyway. She didn’t outstretch her arms like he thought she did. As he looked upon her, Fayt knew that she was a changed woman. Was it because she thought that he died?

“Fayt,” she simply said, “I heard about you and it seems you’re alive.”

And then Fayt ran at his godmother and she outstretched out her arms, so that he hugged her. It was a tight hug and tears were flowing down Fayt’s face for the first time in months. Patricia could only smile because she was finally reunited with her godson for the first time in a year. She stroked his hair that was still black and spiky.

“I’m so glad you’re alive,” she whispered in his ear.

“Patricia,” said Fayt, breaking off from Patricia suddenly. “Something’s wrong with Faith. She told me to get away and go as far as possible. I think some monster or something’s got her. We have to go back for her!”

“We can’t go back for Faith, but I’m sure that she’ll be fine,” Patricia tried to reassure him, but she was also secretly worrying about Faith. It must be Angelus. She must have found Faith and must be still trying to get her to be her host. Hagen promised me that he’d get me home, so now I’m going home with Fayt. She turned to face Fayt, who looked like a lost cause for once in his life. “Come on, we’re going to our new and permanent home in New York. Don’t give me that look, Fayt! It’s perfect. We’ve lived there for over a year now. You don’t have to worry about Faith anymore, she’s become stronger than you’ll ever imagine.”

Rooftops, New York

It was night time in the city of New York. But Faith Crest was a regular visitor to the rooftops. She looked down at the police cars zooming past chasing after criminals. Naturally, she’d go after them, but not tonight. Why? Because there was a hidden darkness inside of her that could emerge at any moment! Her eyes were dark, but they had been like that for the past few hours.

She had made her own way back to the city and had isolated herself from the rest of the world. Her phone was switched off because she didn’t want anyone to get in contact with her. Tears were streaming down her face and were hitting the ground quickly. How could she let her dark side emerge? There just had to be a way to get rid of it. If there was one thing that Faith had learnt from today, then it was the fact that darkness wasn’t a good thing for her.

“You switch your phone off, isolate yourself up here and think everything’s going to turn out all right?” came a familiar voice. “From where I’m standing, you look like you’re going to fall down there to the ground and not even save yourself.”

“Kamui, you got that right,” nodded Faith, although she did not smile. She crossed her arms and glanced at the angel statue that she was sat next to. She had once been an angel once. What was she now – a fallen angel? A fallen angel that would be driven to the brink of insanity, she supposed. “Leave me alone, I don’t want to be found.”

“Too late because I already found you,” grinned Kamui, as he sat next to her. “And in the break that we spent away from each other, I finally learned something.” When she asked calmly what it was, he replied. “The fact that I can’t run from the darkness. Whilst you think darkness is a bad thing for you, which is undoubtedly true, it’s a good thing for me.” Faith just stared at him, a confused expression etched upon her face. “Yeah, confusing, I know. Maybe you’ll figure it out one day.” He got to his feet. “Well, that’s what I wanna tell you. I’ll leave you on your own now.”

A dark portal opened Kamui and then he disappeared in it.

Faith was now alone. She felt so alone in the world that she just broke down and started crying. There was only one person in the entire world that could stop her if Shadow emerged – Fayt. Shadow probably wouldn’t let her end her life, so Fayt was the only one who could. Yes, Faith Crest was thinking suicidal thoughts.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
Great chapter. I liked it. Though it is possible for Fayt to fly, I'm hoping your using his psionic ability which is allowing him to fly like that because the only way for him to fly is to shapeshift into something that flies or to push energy from underneath his feet allowing him to fly.

Still very awesome chapter though I kinda saw the Fayt being the one able to stop Faith and him be used to lure her in. Besides that great story. Also remember Fayt has perfect balance it would take something powerful to knock him down and he's resistent to physical dmamge. Sis, want me to send you Fayt's powers in a pm?

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Great chapter. I liked it. Though it is possible for Fayt to fly, I'm hoping your using his psionic ability which is allowing him to fly like that because the only way for him to fly is to shapeshift into something that flies or to push energy from underneath his feet allowing him to fly.

Still very awesome chapter though I kinda saw the Fayt being the one able to stop Faith and him be used to lure her in. Besides that great story. Also remember Fayt has perfect balance it would take something powerful to knock him down and he's resistent to physical dmamge. Sis, want me to send you Fayt's powers in a pm?
I already checked out his powers in the X-Men Mutant Academy thread, so it's all right.

Like you already mentioned in his template, I won't use his psionic powers that much. The next chapter probably won't be for another few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back