• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Future Kingdom Hearts games.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kereton Arindale

If it stays an RPG (which I'm almost positive it will...unless it morphs into an online game, which I hope it doesn't.) There's a few things I'd like to see changed/added to the series. I know there are probably hundreds of threads with these out here, but I'm lazy and I don't feel like searching for one.

First off, I think the camera being moved to the right analog stick was a superb idea. I literally had no problems with the camera in KH2, as opposed to a few with KH1.

Combat:

Even though I thought KH2 was challenging at parts (I never resorted to mashing the X button though), I'd like to see a harder difficulty added, or hard mode being a lot "harder". I did hear rumors about KH2 Final Mix having a harder difficulty mode (Not sure if it's confirmed).

Reaction Commands:

They were awesome and I loved to watch them, but that's the problem. I was "watching" them. Reaction commands need to either: A) Randomize the button instead of just being Triangle, or B) having different buttons doing different actions which can make or break a reaction command, or C) Change reaction commands so that you press a series of buttons instead of just one.

Worlds:

They were amazing to look at, but sadly, there wasn't a whole lot to look at. Make them larger, first of all. Also, I'd like to see more enviroment interactions. For example, if you run through a bush or something, a bird could fly out. Nothing huge, just a little something to bring the world to life. This is pushing it, but you could even have the weather change a little bit in the appropriate worlds, not just because of the storyline, but just because. I mean, at the end of the Pride Lands, the skies were always a dreary gray and the enviroment resembled a barren wasteland. I know that's what it looks like in the movie, but it did get depressing to look at time and time again. I was thinking you could slowly see the enviroment coming to life because of deeds you do. (This is just an example).

Gummi Ship:

First off, I have to say I loved the KH2 Gummi Ship system. But!!! I would like to see a "free fly" mode, so to speak. Instead of just floating from world to world (after you've unlocked the gate), I was thinking you could have some sort of map and be able to completly steer yourself to the worlds, instead of following a set path. Sure, there may be some set paths for some missions, but I think a "free fly" mode would better an already amazing Gummi Ship system.

Final Battle:

This battle was done really well in my humble opinion. Xemnas had a couple attacks in his final form that instantly took me down to 1 HP on proud mode. (It was pretty weird, but I normally healed in time). However, at parts it seemed a bit too easy. Make the final boss a boss that you lose twice or three times to...like a Sephiroth difficulty. Of course, then you have the obligatory other-boss-that-if-he/she/it-decided-to-take-over-the-world-we-would-be-screwed that would have to be around twice as tough of the final boss. Square, go all out with the difficulty in the next game. Make Hard mode unbelieveably hard. Make easy mode similar to normal mode in KH2. I want to be able to brag that I beat KH3 in hard mode.

Graphics:

Not too much to say for improvement. Of course, the graphics will be even better on a next-gen system. (On a side note, I'm eager to see what keyblade combat would be like on the Wii). Regardless of the quality of the next KH game, I'm pretty sure the graphics will be of great quality.

AI:

Goofy and Donald are very handy to have around in the beginning of the game, as well as for limits and such. However, that's it. Towards the middle and end of the game, they don't make much of a difference in combat. I'm sure harder difficulty will help make them more useful. However, vary them up a little bit. Make Donald better at magic than Sora will be. But Donald is really only efficient at magic. (Sora gets a higher MP bar than Donald...that makes no sense). Goofy should be better at physical attacks, however, he can't use magic. Sora basically combines both Donald and Goofy in a single person, but he shouldn't be as efficient. I know, the keyblade is a mighty weapon, and a powerful asset against the Heartless and Nobodies, but come on, it can't be THAT powerful. Also, I'd like to be able to control Donald and Goofy and whoever else is in my party a bit more. Maybe tell Goofy to go after spellcasters, or to protect me when my health goes below 50%.

Magic:

Magic is done really well in this game, each being strong it its own way. (I really liked Fire being casted around you instead of as a fireball that hoamed poorly) However, I'd like to see more Final Fantasy magic used. I mean, like Demi, Bio, Break (petrify, and on a side note, I'd love to see a reaction command that triggered when an enemy was petrified and Sora used the keyblade to shatter them into pieces), Doom, and even more powerful spells like Holy (as a limit attack, of course...not just with Minnie Mouse). Maybe even make up a couple spells that are more Disney-oriented. I know that'll complicate the magic shortcut, but if you're fast enough, you can go into the magic command and select a spell rather quickly. See, that could even help Donald being more useful since he can cast them without looking through a menu for them. I'd like to say one thing though...make magic worth it!!! I don't want to be able to spam the X button. Give the enemies a block command, or even a reaction command to use on you! (and to block it, you have to have a really fast reaction time).

Keyblades:

I like how different keyblades had different abilities in this game, but of course, some were a lot better than others. I'd like to have the higher strength keyblades being heavier (even having Sora drag some of the heavy ones...I mean, he's only a teenager). I'd like keyblades that increased magic being more mystic looking. I mean, of course you need keyblades from each world, but you aren't limited to just them. This may be pretty hard to code, but to have a different set of attacks for each keyblade, or at least due to their weight. Of course, the Kingdom Key should be the most balanced keyblade, but nothing too flashy. Something like Ultima Weapon P (Ultima Weapon for Physical attacks...hee, I'm witty), having awesome looking attacks, but flaws in defense that enemies can expose. I'm one for having longer, more strategic battles than quick, easy ones. Something like the Chain of Memories Keyblade combat system, minus the Card point requirements. Some keyblades are easier to swing than others, while others deal different damage.

Drive Forms:

4 isn't enough, honestly. (well, 5 if you count anti-form, but you can't really control that). The moves for these forms look awesome, but are waaay too powerful. Final Form, for example, I can't see the whole combo in regular battles because all the enemies die before I get halfway through it. X_X I'd like to see a different form for each world (merging with the other Disney/Final Fantasy character). Of course, keep a Wisdom, Valor, and Master form, because those just make sense to have. I'm not sure about a Final Form though...or at least, make it have a weakness enemies can exploit. For one, Valor form can't use magic. That kinda hurts when Donald is KO'ed and your health drops pretty fast. Wisdom form can't use physical attacks (even though the shoot command is basically a physical attack). Master form uses both...but Wisdom should have the fancy magic and Valor have the fancy physical. Master should just have pretty spiffy attacks, and better than Sora's basic form, but not better than the ones that focus on a particular element.

Storyline:

Don't be afraid Square...make this game longer!!! Add a couple more Final Fantasy Worlds, bring some back for more story on them, and just have fun with it. I want bosses to feel like bosses, not just prolonged battles (and prolonged meaning another 3 minutes).

Music:

Vary it up a little bit. KH2 did it very well, but add in a couple different genres music to appeal to more people. Of course, orchestrated music should be the main genre, but add in a little more rock and such. This is very nit-picky and not something that NEEDS to happen, but I think it would be an awesome bonus. Even though it's already done really well in KH2. I love Hikaru singing the opening and ending music, and I don't want that changed at all.:thumbsup:

Wow, this was a lot more lengthy than intended. Oh well. Comment/add on what I have please. I'm interested in what everyone else thinks.

Here's to KH3 being made of awesome. (And available for the Wii...sorry, I just can't get swinging the Wiimote and having Sora swinging a keyblade out of my head...it's just too awesome. I'm curious as how dual keyblades would work though.) Happy new Year!

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
xP Happy new year to you to.

This was a good analysis I guess, haha. I agreed with a lot of it. like in KH2 they fixed everything that made Kh1 bad, but then they forgot what made KH1 good. Still, both games are good in different ways!

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
I agree with both of you. One thing I think KH2 lacked was a deep story like KH1.

Khaston

I actually agree with what you say, apart from your criticism on the music, which I feel was very varied.

There was loads of genre's in the soundtrack, it's the Orchestral that triumphs and is therefore prominant.

[REVOLUTION]

ye thats pretty sick and i want to see the gameplay on the wii cus the gameplay on zelda is insane so i want to see it happen

Et Cetera

Bronze Member
Also, I'd like to be able to control Donald and Goofy and whoever else is in my party a bit more. Maybe tell Goofy to go after spellcasters, or to protect me when my health goes below 50%.
I think there should be a "use/don't use magic on..." option, whenever I see Donald using blizzard on a socercer or the dudes w/books(whose name escapes me), I pretty much yell at
my TV.

Reaction Commands:
They were awesome and I loved to watch them, but that's the problem. I was "watching" them. Reaction commands need to either: A) Randomize the button instead of just being Triangle, or B) having different buttons doing different actions which can make or break a reaction command, or C) Change reaction commands so that you press a series of buttons instead of just one.
Timing should be imprtant too, like sonic blade, strike raid and ars arcanum in KHI
A "free fly mode" sounds cool/fun and I think most of your thoughts and ideas are great,but a long read too!

Xidon

Not highscoring in life
Gotta agree with you. As for the part about controling Donald and Goofy maybe they could add something like gambits in FF12.

Cool man

As in "Chilly"
Music:

Vary it up a little bit. KH2 did it very well, but add in a couple different genres music to appeal to more people. Of course, orchestrated music should be the main genre, but add in a little more rock and such. This is very nit-picky and not something that NEEDS to happen, but I think it would be an awesome bonus. Even though it's already done really well in KH2. I love Hikaru singing the opening and ending music, and I don't want that changed at all.:thumbsup:

You know that on this point, it comes down to the composer most of all.

And if you have heard Yoko Shimomura's other work you will instantly recognize how versatile she is. I mean: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars vs. Parasite Eve, anyone?

I don't really know how you define "rock and such", but Motoi Sakuraba - ish video game rock and Akira Yamaoka - ish video game ambience doesn't really fit in the Kingdom Hearts universe, even though Shimomura is more than capable of doing it.

The Kingdom Hearts soundtracks always comes down to being melodic, atmospheric tunes with good instrumentation.

I wouldn't mind at all seeing Silent Hill and Star Ocean/Valkyrie Profile music done in Kingdom Hearts style, but...

And one thing, that you should have written: Sack Ishimoto and bring back Yamazaki as the synth operator.

The synth in KH2 was... bad, really bad.

Last edited:

Kereton Arindale

Wow...I'm surprised to have everybody agreeing with me. It's normally the other way around.

I did say the music thing was very nit-picky, and the more I think about it, the more I think adding in multiple genres wouldn't really work. Actually, I think they should stick with what they've been doing, but I would still love a couple "surprises" thrown in there.

Sorry for the very lengthy post...I intended for it to be about half that size ><

Cool man

As in "Chilly"
Actually, I think they should stick with what they've been doing, but I would still love a couple "surprises" thrown in there.

I do fully agree with that, though.

Some Kingdom Hearts ambience, rock, electronica, acoustic (more live recordings, please), you name it, would be awesome.

But in small doses.

iS: Internal Section music might be a little too much. Even though that was a fine score.

Last edited:

Ferno

I was born in a small town, and lived there ever s
wow alot of that made sense i agree

but i dont think the square team understands what we mean by difficulty...i think the general gameplay is pretty simple...and then there are some boss battles that are pretty difficult...but i think the only thing that square is going to do to make the game harder...is put harder bosses in. They are just going to leave the gameplay the same...which means we have easy game...and 10 sephiroth+ battles

i think they should calm down with making the uber hard bossess for now and work on the general gameplay first, like i agreed with you on the reaction commands...i do see alot of potential in making it for the Wii, i mean certain swings of the controller can controll the attack, maybe affect reaction commands...but thats a different story

i also think magic needs to be changed alot...i mean at the beggining of the game is fun...but then you learn cure...and now that all you use it for unless you have beefed up on magic boosting items, and chose staff at the beggining of the game...and thats still not even enough. Its easier to just button mash a boss to death than use thunder. But dont get me wrong, they improved alot since number 1, like magic combos is a good idea...although sometimes its hard to finish a combo without being hit. I also liked that they changed fire. But i think that cure was better off just taking some magic...not all of it. Overall i just think there is alot more to be done with the magic, like making it more usable

well (even though i didnt like them bringing back the worlds) i didnt like how they brought the exact same music from the world from the first game.

other than...for now atleast...i think thats all i have to complain about

Kereton Arindale

But i think that cure was better off just taking some magic...not all of it.

well (even though i didnt like them bringing back the worlds) i didnt like how they brought the exact same music from the world from the first game.

other than...for now atleast...i think thats all i have to complain about

I actually think cure taking all of your magic was a good idea. In KH1, as soon as you learned cure, it was really hard to die as long as you had MP left. In KH2, you can't keep spamming cure (like many do in the Sephiroth battle in the Colliseum). It puts more of a demand on items (which I never used in KH1 after I learned cure, except for against the Phantom and if Sephiroth got "Descend Heartless Angel" off). Then again, I only rarely used items in KH2, but that's because you could take out everything by spamming the X button.

And about the music, it wasn't exactly the same music. In Olympus, the music was similar, but overall the notes were higher. I would've liked to have a larger difference in the music though, but it wasn't exactly copied/pasted because they were lazy.

What you said about difficulty though I totally agree with. I have a feeling they'll just make boss battles harder and make the regular battles still way too easy. I agree Square should spend some time focusing on the regular battles and making them more of a challenge, or at least make spamming the X button not as powerful, and maybe enemies can find ways around it. Don't get your hopes up though...

If you hit a Red Nocturne with blizzard/ra/aga, it will be stunned, but how many people actually USE that? Not many...because it's so much easier to hit the X button and watch it die in a couple hits. Maybe have the magic users of a particular element have a high physical defense to encourage magic? *shrug*

I'm also in favor of having special attacks like "Explosion", even though cool looking, taken out. It is WAY too powerful and promotes mashing the X button. Heck, if you want Explosion kept that badly, since its damage depends on your magic attribute (I believe), make it a spell that takes a huge chunk of MP. Regular attacks by mashing the X button should be more realistic, and if you wanted to, you could duplicate them by swinging a stick around in your backyard. (Well, maybe a couple flips you'd need to work on, but you get my point). Like I said, the keyblade is a powerful ally in the battle against the heartless and nobodies, but I think it's a little TOO powerful in KH2. That's why I like Chain of Memories so much, your attacks could always be blocked or broken (card break) no matter how high of a level you were. They should implement that (not using cards, but just having enemies being able to block or evade your attacks, so it discourages button mashing) into KH3 in my opinion.

I know this probably won't happen...but we can hope. :thumbsup:

AngelMayLaugh

I agree with everything you said except drives. I think 4 was enough, maybe 5 can be put in, but I don't want too many.

And for reaction commands, do you want them to be like Resident Evil 4 when they switch up the buttons everytime?

@Kereton Arindale, Maybe at the end of a combo, you will be left wide open for a second or two depending on how the finishing blow is, and it leaves you open to attacks.

Last edited:

Kereton Arindale

I haven't played Resident Evil 4 so I can't really say...sorry. I just wanted reaction time moves to be harder to pull off, I just listed a couple ways as an example. Rising Sun was ridiculously powerful in the 1000 Heartless battle and in other regular battles. Though enemies having reaction commands that you can counter (only if you're really good at timing) sounds like a very good/fun idea.

And what you said about the end of a combo AngelMayLaugh, that sounds like a good idea. But if you kill all the enemies in a combo it won't really matter >< I could just see something like if you keep using physical attacks by mashing the X button, an enemy could grab the keyblade and possibly disarm you o0 and send you flying. You could even have a reaction command where you leap for the keyblade and throw it at the enemy (3 buttons, one to leap, one to pick up, and one to throw. And of course, the timing is really crucial or you miss the enemy.)
Or, you could have Sora do the fancy "stick out hand, keyblade teleports to it" thing and do a combo off of that. Endless possibilties, and I'll be pleased with just about any.

Yeah, I agree with you on drives. However, each drive should have something unique and make it the best form to use in certain situations. I mean, as soon as you got Final Form, every other form just seemed sub-par in comparison. Valor form should be the best with the keyblade. Wisdom form should be the best with magic. Master form should be better than your original form at both physical attacks and magic. It should be not as great as Valor or Wisdom, but with the benefit of being able to use both. Final Form, however, just seems out of place. Looks awesome, but a little out of place. If anybody has any ideas for it, feel free to post them.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
I hope they make a Sora game for the 360.

I think to make the game less easy. Some of the attacks like explosion should become overdrives. Get rid of the co-op moves and replace them with overdrives for Sora.

Ferno

I was born in a small town, and lived there ever s
I actually think cure taking all of your magic was a good idea. In KH1, as soon as you learned cure, it was really hard to die as long as you had MP left. In KH2, you can't keep spamming cure (like many do in the Sephiroth battle in the Colliseum). It puts more of a demand on items (which I never used in KH1 after I learned cure, except for against the Phantom and if Sephiroth got "Descend Heartless Angel" off). Then again, I only rarely used items in KH2, but that's because you could take out everything by spamming the X button.

well actually youve got a point, in KH1...i seemed to always have 99 pots, hi-pots, and elixers....now i seem to be using my money to buy healing items more often. So i change my mind and thing its on of those things that make the general gameplay a little harder...and i like. But i still think the magic system is screwed up in my oppinion. I feel if you want to use magic, you have to wait a little while untill you have enough things to make it possible...and still its ussually just easier to just button mash an enemie to death than hold L1+triangle and wait for the magic animation to do actaul damage....but when magic is useful enough its nice to use on bigger enemies like fat body, and morning star...but other than that..its a waste...i just think they need someone to come in and redo the magic....while keeping key features

Kereton Arindale said:
And about the music, it wasn't exactly the same music. In Olympus, the music was similar, but overall the notes were higher. I would've liked to have a larger difference in the music though, but it wasn't exactly copied/pasted because they were lazy.

Yeah, and since i know music, they used alot more orchestral things in the songs...but they had the same melodies and harmonies...i wanted something new...but thats just my oppinion, others may like the same thing.

Kereton Arindale said:
What you said about difficulty though I totally agree with. I have a feeling they'll just make boss battles harder and make the regular battles still way too easy. I agree Square should spend some time focusing on the regular battles and making them more of a challenge, or at least make spamming the X button not as powerful, and maybe enemies can find ways around it. Don't get your hopes up though...

yeah if they could have like shields against certain attacks, and maybe a reaction command that could get around it, but wouldnt do that much damage...just enough to get around their barrier. I think they could work on the reaction commands more. I also think they should add L2, R1, and R2 to the quick L1 command for other things like co-op moves, and maybe bring moves back like song blade, because i miss special moves that DIDNT involve party members

Kereton Arindale said:
If you hit a Red Nocturne with blizzard/ra/aga, it will be stunned, but how many people actually USE that? Not many...because it's so much easier to hit the X button and watch it die in a couple hits. Maybe have the magic users of a particular element have a high physical defense to encourage magic? *shrug*

right i was just talking about that, sorry i didnt see this one, but yeah like some monsters have the ability to deflect physical attacks...like how some are able to deflect magic

Kereton Arindale said:
I'm also in favor of having special attacks like "Explosion", even though cool looking, taken out. It is WAY too powerful and promotes mashing the X button. Heck, if you want Explosion kept that badly, since its damage depends on your magic attribute (I believe), make it a spell that takes a huge chunk of MP. Regular attacks by mashing the X button should be more realistic, and if you wanted to, you could duplicate them by swinging a stick around in your backyard. (Well, maybe a couple flips you'd need to work on, but you get my point). Like I said, the keyblade is a powerful ally in the battle against the heartless and nobodies, but I think it's a little TOO powerful in KH2. That's why I like Chain of Memories so much, your attacks could always be blocked or broken (card break) no matter how high of a level you were. They should implement that (not using cards, but just having enemies being able to block or evade your attacks, so it discourages button mashing) into KH3 in my opinion.

yeah maybe at the end of a combo you could press circle (magic finisher which eats up magic) and square (physical finisher which needs a difficult reaction command, the better you do with the reaction, the more powerful the hit)

and i agree about chain of memories idea...but the thing is, i cant think of a way they could impliment that...but thats their job..then again...its not like us talking about it will make them do it...is there a way we could do a suggestion type thing to Square Enix...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back