• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Give reasons why KH3 will/should be on the PS3 besides...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorikux

1. z0mg t3h graffiks!!1 (Honestly, this will not help during when they choose systems.)

2. z0mg KH on PS2 = KH on PS3! (Worst. Logic. Ever.)

3. Nomura = In love with PS3! (He only expressed he like it for FF, nothing else, and besides, he said he wanted to make a Wii game...)

Please give me reasons why it should be on the PS3 besides those 3. I'm sure not many people can think of any more. And if you DO happen to figure out another one, I'll counter it with my "KH3 on Wii" argument.

Sorikux

Lol, I mean for SE and Disney to consider if they're making it for the PS3, not things you like personally :p

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
He only expressed he like it for FF, nothing else

Uh, wha? He expressed that he liked the console as a whole, as far as I know, he didn't mention much else.

he said he wanted to make a Wii game...

Source plz. Anyways, it is true that the Wii is currently doing much better than PS3, but eventually the PS3's sales will pick up. By the time a console has to picked for KH3, the PS3 will become a less risky and more financially beneficial option.

Sorikux

Uh, wha? He expressed that he liked the console as a whole, as far as I know, he didn't mention much else.

Source plz. Anyways, it is true that the Wii is currently doing much better than PS3, but eventually the PS3's sales will pick up. By the time a console has to picked for KH3, the PS3 will become a less risky and more financially beneficial option.

No, he only expressed it for FF (I'm talking after the PS3 and Wii were released).

Btw, here's my argument (keep in mind this was a post I made a few days ago to someone and some of it was beyond this argument):

"You think games can't switch platforms? Fatal Frame started on the PS2, it had 3 games in the main series on it, and now the 4th is on the Wii. Fatal Frame IV is part of the main series, on Wii. Now Monster Hunter 3 is on the Wii. It started onthe PS2 and had the MH Freedom games on the PSP, but now the main series is on the Wii in the form of "Monster Hunter 3 (tri-)". And back in the day, Final Fantasy 1 to 6 was on Nintendo systems, but now the main series is on Sony systems (although I think the main series could possibly switch back to Nintendo systems after FF XIV. And if HD really matters to you guys, then let's hope FF XIV is on the "Wii 2" or the Wi's successor, which will be HD and probably be more powerful than the PS3.)

You guys seriously need to get some BS out of your heads. SE IS NOT LOYAL TO SONY! They are not first-party nor second-party. THEY ARE THIRD-PARTY! They can make any game on any system if they wish. And Sony can't do squat about it. Just because SE has supported Sony tremendously for the last 2 gens DOESN'T mean they will do it again. Do you wonder why the only games announced for the PS3 were the games that were announced before the PS3 became a failure (no one can deny it is a failure right now) and the Wii successful. The only SE games on the PS3 are: FF XIII, FF Versus XIII, and The Last Remnant. That's it. And TLR is a multiplatform game. And while that has happened, they're announcing more and more and the most recent one is FFCC: TYKatPL (although a WiiWare title).

SE usually cater to the system that is winning. That is the Wii. If they find the Wii is the best, fine, they will go to the Wii. If not, then probably PS3. But their CEO is none to happy with the PS3 (nor is the VP) but they prais(ed) the Wii.

And remember, SE aren't the only ones who decide where KHs go. Disney also takes part in it as well (they own the KH IP and the rights to everything in the game but the FF characters which are SE property, why wouldn't they help decide where the game goes? Everyone should know this by now). And guess who they're supporting? The Wii. And don't give me the "zomg they support blu-ray!" BS because last time I checked Games=/=Movies.

And the demographics fit too. KH - everyone. Wii - everyone.

Plus Nomura said something about sales before during a BBS/358/2 Days/Coded interview (I forget which one, but it could be a cross BBS/358/2 Days discussion) but I forget what he said. He said something similar to "We have to take in account sales" or something.

Plus KH sells best in the US right? Well, Wii is at 5 mil in the US ALONE. And everyone can easily tell SE have high hopes for KH in Japan. Why do you think they release the FMs in Japan ONLY?

Posted 11/3/2007 5:37:51 AM
message detail Plus they said something about multiplatform plan. Not exactly "multiplatform" but spreading games across multiple platforms with same quality/quantity. This is what I see:

PS3 - FF
360 - SO (Star Ocean. And do you know why I said 360 for SO? They basically hinted at it that 360 is probably where it's going. Go to the Star Ocean 4 boards for more info.)
Wii - KH
DS - DQ (they only did this for sales)
PSP - Nothing

But SE now are taking a "expand US market" plan because the Japanese games they (and other companies) are not doing as well as they did before in Japan, so they must make up for losses in the US. And Europe.

www.vgchartz.com

360 and Wii are dominating in the US. 360 has a bit of a lead, but that's because it was out 1 year longer. If they go to the US market, Wii is where they will go. I doubt 360 will get it, and PS3 isn't doing any too well anywhere. So...yeah.

And graphics don't matter to KH. Disney + HD = Not necessary. But go ahead and take a look at SMG if you wanna see what Wii can do"

TSora

R.O.X.A.S #5
Denmark(some people, coughEngulfedcough, think it'
Website
www.freewebs.com
Well...A KH game for the Wii could be very interesting with those controllers it have, but as FF vs XIII is being made by the KH-team and is said to have a similar gameplay, then I think, that Square will use their experience from working on that kind of gameplay for the PS3 on the next gen KH...:D...Or something like that...

EDIT: and about the recent replies I didn't see earlier...It will be a long time before the next gen KH will be done, and much can happen with both the Wii and the PS3 in that time...:D...

Sorikux

Well...A KH game for the Wii could be very interesting with those controllers it have, but as FF vs XIII is being made by the KH-team and is said to have a similar gameplay, then I think, that Square will use their experience from working on that kind of gameplay for the PS3 on the next gen KH...:D...Or something like that...

I'm still shocked people can't read this correctly. They said FF V XIII gathers ideas from KH, not KH3 will get ideas from FF V XIII...

Sorikux

Btw, this site is a little too Sony biased for me. Most of you guys can't accept anything some people throw at you and continue the "PS3! PS3! PS3!" rampage especially when you're wrong in doing that and the people who give arguments are absolutely right, yet soem of you can't accept that.

And, sorry, but this ("Anyways, it is true that the Wii is currently doing much better than PS3, but eventually the PS3's sales will pick up. By the time a console has to picked for KH3, the PS3 will become a less risky and more financially beneficial option.") makes no sense at all. Actually, that's what most of you have been saying for a long time now. I can give an easy argument, but like I said above, some of you can't accept things so there's no point. Athought that comment ticks me off because that can be argued so easily. But I must restrain myself...

TSora

R.O.X.A.S #5
Website
www.freewebs.com
I'm still shocked people can't read this correctly. They said FF V XIII gathers ideas from KH, not KH3 will get ideas from FF V XIII...

I never wrote that.
It seems that you're the one who can't read correct here, as I wrote, that they could only use their experience from creating that type of gameplay for FF VS XIII on the PS3 for the next gen KH.

Sorikux

I never wrote that.
It seems that you're the one who can't read correct here, as I wrote, that they could only use their experience from creating that type of gameplay for FF VS XIII on the PS3 for the next gen KH.

Sorry, I read that too quickly and wrong :)thumbdown:) and I understand what you mean. But that's not a really good factor to take in account =/

TSora

R.O.X.A.S #5
Website
www.freewebs.com
Btw, this site is a little too Sony biased for me. Most of you guys can't accept anything some people throw at you and continue the "PS3! PS3! PS3!" rampage especially when you're wrong in doing that and the people who give arguments are absolutely right, yet soem of you can't accept that.

And it do seem that you have it much worser with you dear Wii...:p...

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
Long live the PS2! I have never even played PS3, 360, or Wii. Honestly, I just think that SE likes to stick to what they are familiar with....being almost exclusively Sony.

Sorikux

Long live the PS2! I have never even played PS3, 360, or Wii. Honestly, I just think that SE likes to stick to what they are familiar with....being almost exclusively Sony.

Yet the only games they've announced for it were the games that were announced before the PS3 was released? You've gotta be kidding me. Read my argument. SE always follow the money. This is a well known FACT

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
And, sorry, but this ("Anyways, it is true that the Wii is currently doing much better than PS3, but eventually the PS3's sales will pick up. By the time a console has to picked for KH3, the PS3 will become a less risky and more financially beneficial option.") makes no sense at all.

How does it NOT make sense? It's true.

Actually, that's what most of you have been saying for a long time now.

Right, and so why is it false?

I can give an easy argument, but like I said above, some of you can't accept things so there's no point.

I can accept it. I support Nintendo over Sony, remember? It's not like I'd rather KH3 be on PS3 you know.

Athought that comment ticks me off because that can be argued so easily. But I must restrain myself...

I'd like to see this "easy argument" then. Honestly: you're basing off your argument on what's happening *now*. But KH3 isn't going to be developed for a while, it's not going to happen now. And by that time, more good PS3 games will be released and the console will start to do better. And so putting KH3 on PS3 won't be as risky as it would be now. It seems perfec

Sorikux

How does it NOT make sense? It's true.

Right, and so why is it false?

I can accept it. I support Nintendo over Sony, remember? It's not like I'd rather KH3 be on PS3 you know.

I'd like to see this "easy argument" then.

1. No it's not. I'm sure you'd rather have a full argument than this response, but hear me out.

2. I never said it was false. It's misleading though.

3. I know.

4. See my full argument on the front page.

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
This is some hostile territory here. I could care less which console it's on from my point of view. They will all come down in price when kh3 comes out. I will buy whatever console it's rekeased on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back