• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gosick

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Esso

Fire Breaker
Gosick.jpg

Summary: Gosick takes place in 1924 in a small, made-up European country of Sauville. The story centers on Kazuya Kujo, the third son of a Japanese Imperial soldier, who is a transfer student to St. Marguerite Academy, where urban legends and horror stories are all the rage. There he meets Victorique, a mysterious yet beautiful and brilliant girl who never comes to class and spends her days reading the entire content of the library or solving mysteries that even detectives can't solve. The series mostly focuses on Kazuya and Victorique getting involved in different mystery cases and their struggle to solve them, at the same time forming important bonds with different people.

(The OP is a bit meh but still ok)

(Tbh I think this fits in more compared to the OP)

Really enjoyable so far, looking forward to the next episode. As long as the plot twists are really good and it's not too comical then I'll be pleased. The characters are enjoyable to watch as well; Kujo seems like he'll make a pretty decent sidekick for Victorique when solving mysteries. So I'd recommend checking this out on your free time.

Last edited:

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
I actually watched it a couple of days ago. It pretty good, i really like the ending song.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
I liked the second episode much better. It left a stronger impression on me than the first episode did. Made me think the show has a lot of potential.

Esso

Fire Breaker
The recent episode was really awesome, everything that happened was pretty much what I was expecting of this show. Really good cliffhanger too but it's pretty obvious that Kujo will live or won't get shot

Also did anyone else notice that one of the children in the flashbacks looks just like the Arabic maid?

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
The new episode was pretty good. Everything really fit together nicely. I can easily say that I preferred this episode to the previous two.

Ace.

Banned
I like what I've seen so far. Horror/comedy is always interesting. About to watch ep 3 thanks to the user above me.

Esso

Fire Breaker
Episodes 4 and 5 were pretty interesting, and not as predictable as the last case. What I'm liking most about this series would probably be the plot twists, but I feel that the mysteries could be presented a bit better.

I can see Kujo getting a few more beatings in later episodes... poor guy.

Janus Q

i finally watched this show and i gotta say i love Kojo and Victorique, they are my nominations for cutest couple of the year

Janus Q

it's like Sherlock Holmes as a little girl, the first mystery has me hooked now. i love fictional history especially when it's done right.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
this is beyond excellent! If it wasn't for this thread I probably wouldn't have started watching it! It's my number 1 anime on watch right now.

Twilightheaven

Awards
Yeah i like this anime. Alot different from the other animes we have seen in the past.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
So far I've watched the first three episodes, and they didn't really get me hooked. I suppose it's because the mysteries were a little too easy to solve.

The fortune teller's death wasn't anything new to me, so it was rather easy to know what happened. As for who the culprit/culprits were on the ship, it was dead give away thanks to two things.

Hopfully the next batch of episodes can actually keep me guessing for a bit. I guess when you read/watch a lot of mysteries, you slowly realise that most of the same tricks are applied, just in different ways.

Esso

Fire Breaker
Just watched episode 6.

It seems like this show is starting to get more solid as a mystery bit by bit. For me I'm having a hard time on who was the real culprit this time. It's almost as if everyone was in on it imo.(excluding Kujo and Victorique of course)

Twilightheaven

Awards
Sry to double post but i saw episode 8. Holy crap that good, the maid went from crazy to psycho.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Yeah, the episode was pretty good. Still kinda annoyed that they insist on showing Kujou with almost no fighting prowess despite what we saw in the first arc. The revelation at the end was pretty good as well.

One thing though: How the hell did Victorique manage to support Kujou's weight when he was hanging off the cliff? It wouldn't have been so bad if she didn't say in the next scene the Seyrun (who she is definitely from) are physically weak people that overcome using intellectual prowess. Not to mention the fact that the inspector, his assistant, and Ambrose felt that she had everything under control, since they obviously didn't come help.

Aside from that bout of stupidity however, it was pretty good. I wanted to wait for UTW to sub it, but then I just got impatient, lol

Esso

Fire Breaker
Nevermore pretty much explained what I too have disliked about this arc, so I won't really bother. Not the number 1 best show of this season if you ask me, but still a good watch.

Aside from that, Ep 9's out.
And to tell you the truth I'm really eager to know what'll go on in this story arc. Looking at how Kujo won't be able to rely on Victorique this time(allergies from the dress would be the most likely explanation for her condition), I'm hoping this could lead to the point where he and Grevil(if he does end up taking part too) would have to cooperate to solve this case.

Hopefully this won't be a screwy arc.

And Vic's singing was both cute and hilarious lmoa

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Wow, been a while since I've posted in this. Anyway, I finally got around to watching episode 22 (it usually takes me a while since I wait for a 720p release, and I sometimes forget to keep checking for it).

You know, I don't usually make note of this kind of thing, but that cry was probably one of the strongest I've heard in anime, even compared to Ano Hana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back