• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Having problems downloading Unchained X

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TehSoulCookie

I've been trying all last night and then this morning searching for a solution to this but nothing I do seems to work. So, when I go to the app store and hit install on Unchained X it starts to download, but seems to get stuck at 98% and then just try to install it, and then just pops up a message saying 'Cannot install app Error code: 103' and gives troubleshooting options.

I've tried absolutely everything in the troubleshooting and then googled the problem and tried yet another method that was meant to fix it and nope, nothing's fixed it.

Has anyone else had this problem, and can anyone help me with this? I really wanna play Unchained X and my phone is the only thing I have to play it on.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I've been trying all last night and then this morning searching for a solution to this but nothing I do seems to work. So, when I go to the app store and hit install on Unchained X it starts to download, but seems to get stuck at 98% and then just try to install it, and then just pops up a message saying 'Cannot install app Error code: 103' and gives troubleshooting options.

I've tried absolutely everything in the troubleshooting and then googled the problem and tried yet another method that was meant to fix it and nope, nothing's fixed it.

Has anyone else had this problem, and can anyone help me with this? I really wanna play Unchained X and my phone is the only thing I have to play it on.

Turn off your mobile for five minutes. Turn it back on, see if you have any iOS updates to do, do them first and then try installing the app again.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Actually, I have an Android. Motorola Razr. But I'll try that.

Hmmm.... I used to be a Brand Ambassador for Samsung, tell me, how long ago did you get your mobile device? because Unchained X needs to be compatible with Android 4.0.3 and up, and if your system cannot update to that then it's unplayable!

TehSoulCookie

Hmmm.... I used to be a Brand Ambassador for Samsung, tell me, how long ago did you get your mobile device? because Unchained X needs to be compatible with Android 4.0.3 and up, and if your system cannot update to that then it's unplayable!

I just checked my phone's versions and it's 4.1.2 so, it should be good?

EDIT: I restarted my phone and tried to install it again and still not working.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

[video=youtube;85p0my2lWTI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85p0my2lWTI[/video]

Try and do what this video tells you, maybe this may help you out.

TehSoulCookie

[video=youtube;85p0my2lWTI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85p0my2lWTI[/video]

Try and do what this video tells you, maybe this may help you out.

I've done that and it didn't work. :( I'm so sad all I wanna do is play Unchained X but apparently my stupid phone isn't gonna let me.

ROMXAVTUR

"Actually, I have an Android. Motorola Razr. But I'll try that." Same here... Having the same problem

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
My problem is that if I decide to open a text message during the initial download, then my game goes ahead and decided it's needs to restart the massive fucking download. Been at it for a few hours with 3 restarts. Guess I'll just download it overnight once no one needs to get a hold of me.

ggbhtg

"Actually, I have an Android. Motorola Razr. But I'll try that." Same here... Having the same problem

You guys got 4.1.2 too, huh? We're in the same boat, it seems. Here's where I'm at:

Skip the play store, I got the direct installation file here
https://twitter.com/Daybreak_Town/status/717987411368681473

However, I still couldn't get the game to install. If you have that problem as well, this person's solution worked at that point.

http://forums.khinsider.com/kingdom...ow-available-north-america-4.html#post6382978

To clarify, you get APK Permissions Remover from the Play Store, navigate to the folder you downloaded the apk/installation file into, select it, then scroll to the bottom and uncheck that permission under "UNKNOWN", then choose "Save & Install" on that same screen.
This, however, is as far as I got. I don't have enough space to download the 700MB of whatever the game still requires to run afterwards. I have no way of knowing whether the permission modification will screw up the game later on yet.

I'm still working on it, so if anyone gets further than I got, let me know.

Kiro

Awards
The problem is that you don't have enough room for the game.

You are going to have to seriously remove apps, or uninstall updates from certain apps, move apps to the SD card, etc.

Basically free up as much space as possible.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
The problem is that you don't have enough room for the game.

You are going to have to seriously remove apps, or uninstall updates from certain apps, move apps to the SD card, etc.

Basically free up as much space as possible.

About how much space does this need?

ggbhtg

For you 2 guys that have 4.1.2 OS phones like me (I have Samsung Galaxy Exhibit SGH-T599N), here's what I went through:

I couldn't download it from the Play Store. KHInsider's Twitter account for chi information, Daybreak_Town, re-tweeted a link of the installation file itself re-uploaded by someone to another site. I'd link it, but apparently you'll be waiting hours for my post to actually be approved by mods or something, so you'll have to do the research yourself.

However, even with the .apk retrieved, trying to install the game would still result in "Application Not Installed" from the installation. Hopefully you won't have this problem, but if you do (could happen, since I was getting the Error 103, if I recall correctly), follow the advice of Ruri on the forum thread "KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained X Now Available in North America!". It was post #53 on Page 4, but I'll reiterate it here anyway. There was one of the permissions in the file (that shows up before you download a file on the play store) that winds up as unrecognizable. If you have this problem, download APK Permissions Remover from the Play Store to edit the apk file. Navigate to where you downloaded the apk/installation file for the game, select it, then scroll to the bottom of the list of permissions to the one that's under the "UNKNOWN" tab, and uncheck it. Click "Save & Install" on the same page, and it should install properly.

Unfortunately for me, I don't have enough space on my phone's cache minus the SD Cards to hold that 700MB of data it puts in afterwards, so I can't tell you how well the game actually runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back