• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Hogwarts through another's eyes... {HP Fanfic}

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 1: Not the same forever.

“Huh?! What?!” I exclaimed, waking with a start. I then realised that it was all a dream. I rolled back over, and glanced at the clock. 11:57. In 3 minutes Katie and I, Chloe, would be 11. I got out of bed, and walked across the room to Katie, where I shook her awake and pointed at the clock.
“Dig beal” muttered Katie, groggily, rolling away from me. Then the penny dropped, “Oh my goodness!” she exclaimed, sitting up straight, “we’re almost 11!”.
Katie and I are identical twins. We dress the same, look the same and sound the same. If one does something radical to their appearance, the other has to.
We ran around, screaming, pillow-fighting and generally causing a ruckus. Then we trudged downstairs and watched some T.V..
“Hey! Gimme that remote!” “No!” “Yes!” “No!” Gimme!”
Ten seconds later we were having a fight on the floor. I was on top of Katie, her legs kicking. I grabbed the remote and held it high, “Gimme that!” she screamed.
“What’s going on here?!” demanded dad, walking in.
We looked at him, guiltily, “Nothing, dad!” I said, getting off Katie, sitting back on the sofa and changing the channel.
“Happy birthday, girls,” he said, smiling, sitting between us and putting his arm around us both.
The day rolled on, and soon it was 10 o’clock and we were lolling against each other, our mouths hanging open and we were drooling in our sleep. The doorbell ringing suddenly in our ear woke us from our trance, “Who? What? Where?” muttered Katie rubbing her eyes.
”Yay! Post’s here!” I cheered.
“Greeeeat,” said Katie, sarcastically, walking away.
I ran to the front door and flung it open, accepting the parcels, thanking the postman and running into the lounge and rifling through the mail.
“Katie! There’s a present each from Aunty Lavender!!” I looked through some more, then found an envelope, addressed to me, written in green ink in writing I didn’t recognise.
I looked closely at my envelope, Miss C Stampore, The Back Bedroom, 45 Layor’s Lane, Fruitlands, Malvern, WR14 9AJ.
I stared, before ripping it open and reading the letter enclosed

Dear Miss Stampore,
We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witch Craft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on the 1st September.
Yours sincerly,
Professor Minerva McGonagall.

‘There has to be some mistake…’ I thought, reading, re-reading and reading the letter again.
“What’s Aunty Lav got us this - ” started Katie walking in, before seeing my stupefied face, “What’s up?” she asked, sitting next to me and reading the letter over my shoulder.
Her jaw dropped, “Where’s mine?” she exclaimed excitedly.
“You … you don’t have one,” I said, looking her in the eye. Her face fell and she stumbled backwards into the chair...

Enjoy ;)

kairigirl said:
Most interesting...poor Katie, I hope this doesn't turn into some..eh...rivalry.

I like it though so far, post the new chapter soon. ^^;

Okies!!

Chapter 2: Jealous.

She stared at me. I stared at the letter, reading it through again, trying to find somewhere it said that Katie’s letter was on its way - but, alas, no.
“Katie?” I said, softly.
A tear rolled down her face, “You-you’re a witch … we’re TWINS! How can I not be one too?” she sobbed, her face buried in her hands. I stared, helpless.
I sighed, looking at my item list, ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ by ‘Newt Scamander’ was on my list, ‘1 wand’, I stared, I get a wand?
‘Cloak (Black)’, ooh, magic cape!
I looked down my list, taking it all in.
“What’s going on here? Why’re you crying, Katie?” asked Dad, coming in.
“Because of me.” I said, bravely.
“What?”
“Look,” I said, thrusting the letter into dad’s hand.
I watched his eyes open wide as he read it through, “Wow, my daughters are witches,” he grinned, before seeing me shaking my head.
“No,” I said, “I’m the only witch in the house,” I said sadly.
“What do you mean? You’re twins! How can…”
”Katie didn’t receive a letter,” I said, “hence the fact she’s crying.”
Dad sighed, his face looking old, “Are you going to this school?” he asked me.
Suddenly Katie’s and Dad’s eyes were on me. I read the letter, read the item list, re-read both, and read it again. I silently nodded, and Katie burst into tears before running out of the room and locking herself in our bedroom.
Dad sighed, taking the letter, “You’re to write back, saying you’re going. Oh, and this is your train ticket, from platform 9 ¾ … 9 ¾?!” he stared, “Ok, weird…”

I couple of hours later I went up to our bedroom and hammered on the door, “Let me in!”
“Go away!” came the reply.
“It’s my bedroom too!”
“Not for long!”
“What?”
“You’re moving away!”
“Only part of the year!”
“That’s long enough!”
At that point I’d had enough, I pulled my key out and unlocked the door, barging in.
“Never, ever, lock the door in my face again!” I screamed.
“Then don’t go to Hogwarts!” exclaimed Katie, turning her tear-stained face towards me.
“If you think, I’ll turn down a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, just because my sister didn’t get the chance, think again.” I said, opening my drawer and searching franticly.
“What are you looking for, Chloe?” demanded Katie, sharply.
“Chloe? You’ve always called me Cloe, and I’m looking for my phone.” I said, then something hard hit me.
“Ouch!” I exclaimed, looking to see what had hit me, my phone was lying on the floor, I looked at Katie.
“Good shot, aren’t I?” said Katie, before turning on her heels and leaving.
I climbed up to the top bunk bed and flopped on it, burying my face in my pillow. I screamed loudly, biting and punching my pillow.

Half an hour later I walked downstairs and into a wall, too busy looking in the lounge. An owl was perched on the back of the settee, looking around the room, a letter tied to it’s leg.

Ok I will =P

Chapter 3: Diagon Alley.

I walked into the lounge and over to the owl, the letter explained where to get my school supplies, “Dad!” I called, “We need to go to London!”
“Why?” he replied, entering the room.
“I need to get my supplies” I said
“Ok,” said dad, and I was sure I heard a sob from upstairs.

The next day we drove to London and tapped the brick that allowed us into Diagon Alley. Dad gave me £100 to change, and I went in alone.
First I went into Madam Malkin’s Robes for all Occasions. I stood still while she pricked and pinched me, before my robes were complete. I walked out, my body hurting all over, then staggered into the wand shop, bought a wand (Sycamore, Unicorn Hair, 9 ½ inches) and then walked off to look for books and other supplies.
I walked into Flourish and Blots, picked up my books and staggered out under the weight of 10 books.
I then dragged myself to the apothecary and a couple of other shops to buy a caldron, phials and a telescope. I walked past Quality Quidditch supplies and swore to buy a broomstick one day.
A few minutes later I saw a pet shop and went inside, there were owls, cats, toads and rats. I went across and saw a beautiful black cat, I picked it up and walked over to the counter, “I’ll have this cat please,” I said, handing over 2 silver sickles. I then went into Eeylops Owl Emporium, I bought a tiny owl and a cage for it. As I was leaving, I saw a shop; Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes. I gasped at the front, it hit the eye like a firework display. Intrigued, I walked inside looking around. I saw some pink bottles in the corner; love potions, I gasped and picked one up, then saw some little, pink and purple, moving, furry balls, in a cage labled Pygmy Puffs, I looked at them and a thought struck me, so I bought one. Then left, meeting dad at the car and loading my items into the boot before dad drove us off.

“Kate?” I said, softly walking into our bedroom, the Pygmy Puff clutched gently in my hand.
“What?” she snapped.
“I bought you a present,” I placed the Pygmy Puff in her hand and smiled.
“What is it?”
“It’s a Pygmy Puff, a miniature Puffskein!”
She blinked at me, then threw the Pygmy Puff on the floor, it made a faint popping noise, as it hit the ground, sending up a cloud of pink dust and staring around, “I want nothing to do with magic any more,” she said.
I picked up the Pygmy Puff, christening it Popper in the process, “It’s alive too, you know! How would you like me to throw YOU on the floor?” I screamed.
For a minute, fear crossed Katie’s face, “You wouldn’t!” she said, trying to steady her voice.
”Maybe one day I will!” I yelled.
Katie looked at me, her face mingled fear and upset, then ran out of the room, slamming the door behind her.
I sighed, packing my bag, I knew I had to finish packing before seven o’clock and get a good night’s sleep, as I would be leaving to go to London again the next morning, to board the train from King’s Cross at 11am.
I finished packing everything, and popped Popper in a small cage, before going to bed, quietly.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Both nice chapters, though I must say that I was hoping to see more detail. You seemed to rush right through buying stuff at Diagon Alley, and to a young (excuse my language) Mudblood like Chloe, surely the magicalness of it would..well..be quite a surprise. Try adding alot more detail, especially on the wand buying and such. You also didn't explain her surprise at goblins in Gringots. XD And yeah, that's kinda just putting it short, there's a lot of detail, like where's her mom, did her parents go? And don't forget they're British, which means they must speak British...*doesn't speak Britishly* <_<

Anyways, other than that, it's good, though slow down a bit in the writing.

kairigirl said:
Try adding alot more detail, especially on the wand buying and such.

Yeah, I know, it's just the fact it's about hogwarts more than diagon alley etc.

kairigirl said:
And don't forget they're British, which means they must speak British...*doesn't speak Britishly* <_<

I wish I knew what you meant by that... pass the jelly -Gets a jar of jam- xP

Ok, I've added detail this time - so it's on your head that it's so long XP!! J/k...

Chapter 4: Aboard the Hogwarts Express.​

“Come ON!” yelled dad.
I opened my eyes, blinking in the sunlight, “Wha’?” I asked, wondering why dad had got me up so early, “Oh, yeah, school.” I muttered, drowsily.
I got out of bed and fell promptly off my bunk, “Urgh,” I mooched into the bathroom to have a shower and get dressed.

Ten minutes later I was downstairs, picking at my breakfast with Katie sat in front of me.
“Kate…” I said, but she turned away, standing up and walking into the garden. I sighed, standing up also and throwing away my breakfast.
“Put your coat on, Cloe,” said Dad, “It’s time to go. Katie is going next door while we’re out. She doesn’t want to come.”
My heart dropped with a bump, and sadness crept over me. “’kay, dad,” I said, getting my thick, yellow coat and slinging it on, covering my head with the hood, “Be there in a sec”. I walked out into the garden, walking up behind Katie.
“I hear you’re not coming to King’s Cross.” I said.
She shook her head, turning her tear-stained face towards me. She put her hands at the back of her neck and undid the catch of her necklace, pulling it off and throwing it into my hands, “I don’t want this anymore,” she said, “goodbye, sis,” she walked past, running out the gate, and going next door. I fastened the necklace around my neck. It looked rather strange; I had two on, both identical. When we turned 5 grandma had got us a necklace each, both amethyst and matching, we’d never taken them off … until now. By the time I walked indoors my face was also tearstained, I got in the car and we began the 3 hour drive to London. As I left I saw Katie. She was sat in the shadows, watching us go, and as we went, she buried her face in her hands.

“Wow,” said Dad, after I finished telling him all about Diagon Alley half an hour later, “it sound’s fascinating, I wonder what Hogwarts will be like. You promise to write a lot, don’t you?”
“Of course,” I said, smiling, and stroking Popper, who was fast asleep in the breast pocket of my shirt.
“So,” said dad, looking across at me, “how much have you read of your books? Learnt anything yet?”
I smiled, “I’ve read a bit of each, and I’ve learnt I have a lot to learn!” I laughed.
Dad laughed, but I could see he was worried, “You know that if you want to come back … you can send a letter and we’ll meet you at King’s Cross?”
I nodded.
“Good,” said Dad, turning into the station.
Dad got out of the car and got a trolley to put my school stuff on. He unloaded the boot, and loaded the stuff onto the trolley. I started pushing into the station and looked at the platform numbers; 9 … 10 … where was 9 ¾?
“Dad,” I said, “have they made a mistake?” I asked.
“I don’t know,” he replied, leaning against the solid metal barrier, dividing the platforms, “maybe they meant-” he started, then he disappeared, falling backwards through the barrier.
“Dad!” I exclaimed, holding on tight to my trolley and tapping the wall, my hand went straight through. I pushed my trolley into it, and the trolley and I both went through. I burst through the other side onto a platform. A sign overhead told me this was Platform 9 ¾, home to the Hogwarts Express.
“Dad!” I exclaimed running over, pulling my heavy trolley with me.
“Whew, I thought I was going mad!” he exclaimed, “Hop on the train now and find a compartment, then come back out and say goodbye!” he smiled.
I grabbed my trolley, gave my owl and cat to a man, loading owls and other pets into the train.
I picked up my bags, and staggered onto the train, looking for an empty compartment. Inside one was a lonely looking boy, I poked my head inside, “Hey,” I said, gesturing at the seat in front of him, “is this seat taken?”
He shook his head, “Nope, help yourself.”
The boy looked around my age, with a mop of shocking black hair. He was pretty pudgy with a cheeky grin, and blue eyes.
I put my bags in the luggage rack and sat down, holding out my hand for him to shake, “I’m Chloe Stampore,” I said, smiling.
“I’m Louis Kashiwagi,” he said, shaking my hand vigorously, “pleased to meet you, Chloe,”
“You too,” I smiled, “back in a minute!” I ran out of the compartment and down the train, hopping off and giving my dad a hug and a kiss.
“Now,” he said, holding me at arm’s length and examining me, making me feel like I was being X-Rayed, “Promise me, you’ll stay out of trouble, study hard, be good, and write loads. Oh, and don’t cause trouble.”
“Dad,” I said, rolling my eyes to the heavens, “if I promised you that, all the fun would be taken out! Here, I’ll promise you these; I’ll study hard and write loads. I can’t promise the rest as I would have wasted my money on stink bombs in that case.” I grinned, and poked my tongue out, “I’ll be pretty good,” I said, kissing his cheek and running onto the train and back into my compartment, “actually! No I won’t be good!” I yelled out of the window, grinning. Dad grinned back, and waved. I waved back, before flopping in my chair.
“Louis, no family to say goodbye to?” I asked
“Nope,” he said, “my family are away, so I just stayed with a friend, who dropped me off then disappeared!” he rolled his eyes, “Great friend, he is. Then again, he’s a muggle, can’t expect much.”
“Muggle?”
“Non-magic folk,” Louis looked at me, suspiciously, “not heard of muggles?”
“No,” I said, “I’m new to magic.”
“Muggle-born?”
“Yeah,” I shook my head, “my twin isn’t magic though.”
He looked taken aback, “That’s unusual, I assume you are different?”
“No, we’re identical.”
“I bet she’s pretty then,” he winked, “brown hair, blue eyes that seem to twinkle.”
I blushed, “Don’t!” I said, pushing him slightly.
He laughed.
“Want anything off the trolley, dears?” said a voice. I looked out of the compartment in time to see a stout lady pushing a tea trolley.
”Mm! Yes!” said Louis, “We’ll take two packets of Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans, four chocolate frogs, and a couple of everything else!”
I blinked at him, and he grinned, “Well,” he said, “you being muggle-born, you won’t have tried this stuff!”
“Doesn’t it cost a lot, though?” I asked.
“Yep, but I don’t mind. You’ll just have to buy me a big Christmas present.”
I laughed, “I won’t even be here for Christmas!” I exclaimed.
“Why not?”
“I have to go home, and spend the time with my family.” I sighed.
“Oh,”
“What?”
“Just … I was looking forward to Christmas with a friend,” he smiled.
“Maybe you could spend Christmas with us…”
“Really?”
“Maybe … you never know with dad…”
“That would be great!” he exclaimed, happily.

A couple of hours later there were footsteps outside and a girl, with flowing red hair and steely grey eyes, ran in, her witch’s cloak flowing behind her.
“You WIMP!” came a voice from behind her, and three girls burst in, both brandishing wands. Louis and I looked at each other, then at the girl, then at the other girls.
“I don’t want to get in trouble on my first day!” exclaimed the girl, her wand in her hand.
“More like you don’t want to have a full-body-bind put on you,” said one of the other girls, stood in the doorway, “Petrificus Totalus!” she exclaimed. The girl’s arms and legs snapped to her side and she fell, with a resounding thump, to the floor. Louis and I stood up, our wands out.
“Leave this compartment!” said Louis.
“Why should I?” said the girl, she was obviously the leader.
“Because I said so!” Louis pushed them and they toppled back and out of the compartment, “Do you have your books on you?” he asked.
“Yes,” I said, reaching for the luggage rack and grabbed the bag with books in. I found curses and counter-curses and then found the counter-curse for the body-bind curse.
I passed the book to Louis, and he cast the spell. Immediately the girl stood up and brushed herself down.
“Thanks!” she said, holding out her hand to Louis, “I’m Holly,”
Louis took her hand, and shook it, “Your spell work sure is good! I’ve tried a couple of spells, but they’ve all worked out badly. Maybe it’s because I’m part-blood, mum’s a muggle-born, dad’s a half-blood, I shouldn’t even be here! Nor should muggle-borns, we’re unworthy,” she panted for breath.
I looked sideways at Louis and caught his eye, he gave me a ‘What on earth?’ look before looking back at Holly.
“What type of blood are you two?” she demanded.
“I’m a pure-blood,” said Louis, slowly.
“Muggle-born,” I said, quietly.
Holly looked taken aback, “Oh,” she said, “pity…”
“What’s a pity?” I snapped.
“Well,” she said, “you won’t last long here…”
I glared at her, “But anyway,” she held out her hand for me to shake, “what’s your name?”
“Chloe,” I said, shortly, taking her hand bad temperedly.
“Fascinating…” she said, in a bored voice. She sat down by the door, “Don’t mind if I stay here do you huns?”
I blinked, “Eh, no…” I said, then received a ‘What??’ look from Louis, who promptly backed me up.
“Not at all, we were pretty lonely. I mean, muggle-borns and pure-bloods always are…” he said sarcastically, rolling his eyes.
“Quite,” said Holly, earning a glare from Louis, “so, what do you guys like to do in spare time?” she asked, pointedly looking at Louis, who raised an eyebrow.
“Hang out and stuff,”
“What type of stuff?” she asked.
“Stuff, stuff,” he said, laughing.
“And how about you, Cloe?”
I blinked, having been addressed using the name Katie called me, “Umm… I skateboard and things.”
“Skateboard?” said Louis.
“Yes! It’s fun … I used to do it all the time with Ka - ” but I broke off, unable to continue, thinking about Katie was too painful, “But that’s not important…” I said.
“Ok…” said Holly, looking at me with a puzzled expression.
The train rumbled along and soon we found ourselves getting into our school clothes.
“Look! Chloe, look!” exclaimed an excited Louis, pointing out of the window. A castle was coming into view, it’s many turrets shining, and light pouring out of the windows.
“Is that – ?” I started.
“ – Hogwarts?” finished Holly, staring at it.
“Yep,” said Louis, “I’ve seen pictures of it before. Looks better for real though.”
Soon the train was pulling into the station and there was a mad bustle of people, grabbing suitcases, sweets and other belongings as they tried to avoid being crushed by the frantic kids, pushing their way along to look at the castle that either they were looking forward to seeing, or that that they wanted to get back to. A couple wore badges, saying ‘P’ for prefect or ‘HB’ for head boy, after seeing the head boy, I was thinking the HB probably stood for huge bighead.
“Where’s Pudding?” I exclaimed.
”Pudding?” asked Louis, his eye brow raised again.
“My owl!”
“Oh,” he blinked, then pointing into the corner of the luggage hold, where a cage had the words ‘Chloe Stamford’ stuck to it.
“Thanks!” I said, running across and grabbing my owl. Louis, Holly and I got off the train and walked along the platform, leaving our luggage in a pile, which would go to our dormitories as soon as we were sorted.
“Firs’ years this way! Firs’ years!” said a voice, I looked down the platform and gasped, a giant man was stood, his hands the size of dustbin lids. I looked a Louis.
“He’s Ruebus Hagrid!” he said, looking up in awe, “He’s the gamekeeper! I’ve heard about him … he got expelled for petrifying muggle-borns fifty years ago, but got his name cleared a while ago!”
“And yet they let him work here?” said Holly, aghast.
“He got his name cleared, Hol,” said Louis.
“C’mon,” I said, pushing my way through the throngs and towards Hagrid.

Chapter 5: Hogwarts.

We followed the platform down and round and came to a lake. Us and another kid got in a boat, as did many other eleven year olds. Hagrid had a boat to himself, and though no one was using oars, we began traveling down the lake towards the castle.
I was staring, like the other first-years, at the castle; light was pouring through the windows and welcoming us in, we arrived at the lake-edge and got out, Hagrid led the way, and we walked to the castle and through the large doors. The entrance hall was huge, we walked through and got to another large doorway.
“Righ’, you lot wait ‘ere,” said Hagrid, smiling.
Everyone was examining the hall, “My friend’s manor is better than this!” complained Holly, shaking back her mane of red hair with a sigh.
A woman emerged from the doorway, “I am Professor McGonagall. Please follow me. In a minute you will pass through these doors and be sorted into your houses – Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin,” she turned around, and walked through the doors. Everyone looked at each other and went through, walking up the middle of the massive room, where four tables were placed, each for one of the four houses, the ceiling mimicked the sky outside, “Wow…” commented a few students.
Holly tutted, “It’s only bewitched!” she exclaimed, rolling her eyes.
“Hol, can’t you hold your tongue for more than five seconds?” asked Louis.
Holly glared at him, “Can’t you be pure-blood-like for more than zero seconds?” she retorted.
“I don’t believe in this pure-blood, mudblood, half-blood stuff,” said Louis impatiently.
“I will read your names off this list, you will come forward and sit under the sorting hat to be sorted into your houses,” said McGonagall.
“I think we should have a new sorting hat next year,” said a voice, everyone looked up at the huge staff table. A woman was sat in a large chair, obviously the headmaster/mistress’ seat.
“This hat has been working for this school for the last one hundred years!” exclaimed McGonagall.
“There’ll be fireworks,” muttered Louis.
I giggled.
“We’ll talk about this later, Minerva,” she said, her voice cold like ice.
McGonagall nodded with a ‘We’ll talk – but you won’t get anywhere,’ air.
“Anington, Poppy,” called out McGonagall.
A young, freckled girl with red hair stepped forwards, sitting on the stool and putting on the hat.
There was a moment’s pause then “HUFFLEPUFF!” called the hat. The girl hopped down off the stool and ran over to the Hufflepuff table. The school, excluding the Slytherins, erupted in applause.
“Brooke, Gary,” called McGonagall.
A sulky boy walked up, and the hat placed him in Slytherin.
After about fifteen minutes they’d got to Kashiwagi, “Kashiwagi, Louis,” called McGonagall.
Louis stepped forward and sat under the hat. There was a pause. “RAVENCLAW!” called the hat.
Louis grinned, winked at me and ran over to the Ravenclaw table.
A few minutes later; “Minague, Holly!” called McGonagall. Holly took a deep breath and walked forward, sitting under the hat, “RAVENCLAW!” it called. I saw Louis groan.
Holly ran over and sat next to him. Soon, it was my turn.
“Stamford, Chloe!” called McGonagall.
I stepped forward and sat under the hat, “Hmm,” it said in my ear, “quite brave, intelligent too, though, clever wit, but where to put you? It’s either Gryffindor or Ravenclaw … I know! RAVENCLAW!” I hopped down off the stool, and ran over to my friends, who were sat at the table. They’d saved me a seat.
“How’d you know?” I asked, sitting down.
Louis laughed, “You are clever enough to be a Ravenclaw,” he said, grinning.
The headmistress stood up, “Silence please,” she snapped.
Everyone stopped talking “Now we sing the school song to your own tune. Though trust me, this will change next year.”
She sat down, and words appeared over the house table,

“Hogwarts Hogwarts Hoggy Warty Hogwarts
Teach us something please
Whether we be old and bald or young with scabby knees
Our heads could do with filling with some interesting stuff
For now they're bare and full of air
Dead flies and bits of fluff
So teach us things worth knowing
Bring back what we've forgot
Just do your best we'll do the rest and learn until our brains all rot”​

Everyone started singing; I started singing it to the crazy frog song. Louis looked at me like I was mad.
“What?” I asked, through fits of giggles.
“Very nice, very nice,” said the head when everyone had finished.
McGonagall tapped her spoon against her glass, “Quiet, please, Professor Iodolina wants to make an announcement.”
The Headmistress stood up, “As you probably all know, last year we suffered the death of our headmaster. It was a great loss,” she said, sarcastically, “but this year, I will make Hogwarts better than he ever did! The forbidden forest is out of bounds, like before. You are not allowed to roam the corridors after ten o’clock! Second years forward are allowed to try out for their house Quidditch team and Rubeus Hagrid’s hut is out of bounds to anyone that doesn’t want to be bored to death or eaten.”
“That’s not true,” said Louis, “Hagrid is a really nice man! My friend knew him!”
“All the rules are spellotaped to Argus Filch’s office door. New and old students are recommended to check it out,” concluded Iodolina, sitting down, “let the feast, begin!”
Louis and I exchanged glances, “I don’t like her,” muttered Louis.
“Nor me,” I said, tucking into the food which, to my astonishment, had appeared on the plates in front of me.

Sorry it took so long -.- I've been doin' thin's qo.op.

~MD ;)

Chapter 6: Kale and Lessons.

I woke up and lent out of bed, poking the bed next to me.
“What? Where?!” exclaimed a voice.
I jumped up, panicking. Then I saw Holly.
“I’m SO sorry!” I exclaimed, “I forgot it was you, I thought you were my sister!”
She blinked at me, “It’s ok …” she said.
Holly rolled over and went back to sleep, I sat up and looked at the time; quarter to twelve.
I groaned, sitting up and walking down from the dorm and into the common room.
I flopped in a chair by the fire, and grabbed some parchment.
“Lessons haven’t started yet, you know,” said a voice. I looked up.
“I know,” I said, “I’m writing home,”
The speaker nodded. He was a boy, he looked around 13, tall and slim with blonde hair, black eyes and a serious face.
“Do you miss home?” he asked, sitting next to me.
“Yes,” I said, “but I love Hogwarts…”
“Me too,” said the boy, “aren’t you Chloe?”
“Yes. And you are?”
“Kale, Kale Bradford!”
“Charmed,” I said.
Kale sat down, “So … why’re you up?”
“Couldn’t sleep.”
“Homesick?”
“Summat like that…”
Kale laughed, “I was like that on my first night in the castle too,” he smiled, “you’ll get over it. You’ll be back with your family before long, anyway.”
I turned away, tears rolling down my cheeks. I didn’t want to go home! I was scared… scared Katie would still hate me…
“Chloe?” said Kale.
I wiped away my tears, “Yes?” I said, looking round.
“What’s the matter?” he asked, eying my tear stains.
“Katie.”
“Who’s Katie?”
“My twin … she… she kinda hated m-me when I l-left,” I stuttered, trying to restrain tears.
He sighed, “Let me guess … identical twins … always doing the same things … then one day you get the letter … but Katie doesn’t …”
I nodded morosely.
He sighed again, leaning back, “I had a friend with the same, they were identical … but one had a problem … next thing Brian had to leave to go to this boarding school in America. Peter, his twin, swore never to talk to Brian again…”
“And?”
“He stuck to his promise…”
I slumped back in my seat, glaring at Kale, “Thanks!” I said, sarcastically, “That makes me feel, oh so much better!” I stood up, rolling up my parchment and walking away, “I’ll see you tomorrow!” I said, running up to my dorm, leaving a gaping Kale behind me.

The next morning I got up and walked down to the common room. “Heya Cloe!” called Louis, cheerfully.
“Chloe…” started Kale, walking across the common room towards me, but I turned away and climbed through the portrait hole.
“Whoa,” came Louis’s voice behind me, “What did you say?!”
“I told her about twins that didn’t make - ” but his voice faded away, as I stepped further and further away.
I stepped onto the grand staircase and walked into Holly, “Oh!” I exclaimed, “Sorry!”
“It’s fine!” said Holly, “Are we going to breakfast?” she started down the stairs, jumping the trick step.
We went into the great hall and sat down at the Ravenclaw table. Iodolina was sat at the staff table. She wasn’t talking to any of the staff members, all of whom had a habit of glaring at her.

“Why aren’t you talking to that Kale boy? Wingardium Leviosa!” said Louis, during charms class, lazily flicking his wand and making the feather we were supposed to be levitating burst into flames.
“No reason really…” I said, getting the feather and walking over to Professor Flitwick’s desk with it to have it replaced.
I came back over and gave Louis the new feather, “Wingardium Leviosa!” I exclaimed, swishing and flicking my wand. The feather levitated itself up and I directed it onto Louis’s head, before falling about laughing with him.
“Look! Miss Stampore has done it! 10 points to Ravenclaw!” exclaimed Flitwick excitedly falling off the pile of books he had to climb on to see over the desk.

Holly, Louis and I trudged, grudgingly down the stairs and into the dungeons a few hours later. I couldn’t believe how far you had to walk between classes! The dungeon was uninviting and cold.
We waited outside the potions class for ages, a man beckoned us inside, and we obliged.

Ugh, I'm not happy with that chapter at all. But it's the best I can do right now - I have things on my mind >.<. From now on I'm writing in 3rd person. I can't cope with 1st person anymore =\

Enjoy x_x

angel princess

You know the voice inside your head? The one with
Website
s10.invisionfree.com
Gee.. just went through and read the whole thing out of sheer boredom and it was worth it. I've honestly never read HP in my life, and probably never will, so I've nothing to compare to, but it sounds a lot like the story, but with different characters, and different home problems. *shrug* But I could be way off.
Anyway, I like it, except if Chloe's muggle-born, how did her dad know so much about hogwarts, approve of the school, etc.?
Anyway, that's about the only complaint I can find with this story... and I can get pretty critical. ^^

Um... I think you've confused her dad with Louis... o.o correct me if I'm wrong.............

Thanks for the kind words though =D

Last edited:
Yeah, I did say I was very unhappy with it =\. Please post o-o then I can reply with a chapter when it's done o-o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back