• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Hotel in Space?! By 2012?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingBlade

by sinspire^
Fly me to the moon: space hotel sees 2012 opening - Yahoo! News

Couldn't believe it myself but, give it a read. I never thought the "people living in space" would come in my lifetime let alone, in 4-5 years.

Its quite known to all of us, that were never gonna be quests Galactic Suite hotel, considering it 4 million for a 3-day stay. Quite pointless, if you think about but, I think it would be worth it.

Last edited:

Masamune

Big Boss
whoah. I never thought this day would come, atleast not in my lifetime. But 4 million for a stay?

the hotel is going to be pretty empty. nevertheless, it's awesome. James-Bond style training. =D

Massive Attack

Dial 'M' for 'Motherfucker'
Awards
"It's the bathrooms in zero gravity that are the biggest challenge," says Claramunt. "How to accommodate the more intimate activities of the guests is not easy."

Yes, not so easy!
How would it work? I mean, sleeping in zero gravity would probably cause stomach cramps or something.

Masamune

Big Boss
^ they will have a lot of challenges to face before this becomes successful.

KingBlade

by sinspire^
.......huge failure, and extremely pointless...........

I wouldn't think so, since that there are people around that world who have that kind of money to pay for it. But, yes the whole "people living in space" is a beyond our lifetime.

Its just the whole 8-week training is that kills me. xD Too bad for them, anyone who is that rich is going to have to take a 2 month break just for training to go into space for 3 days.

T

Tyler Durden

You can all have fun getting and dying of cancer.

What would be the slogan for that?

JOO CAN CUM EN AND JOO WEEL GIT CANSUR AND DYYEE!

Because that is incentive, isn't it?

C

Charlie

Only 4 words arrive into my mind - Technically 6, if you write out the full abbreviation-

"LOL SEX IN SPACE!!!!"

<3 That'd be a challenge though. Considering zero gravitiy. Overall, I'd say that the idea of a hotel in space is pretty ground breaking. I'm into it. But then again, who's to say that the date won't be pushed back?

Felix

Bronze Member
Website
randomneko.forumcircle.com
Four million for a three night stay guess that will be a celebrity get away. It's gonna be hard to do alot of things since zero gravity but I guess some people might enjoy being in the air. Well they will probably be able to work out the problems if not it might take more time to come out. Well I guess it will be interesting.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Rich people and their fancy cigars in space, eh?

lol explosive decompression

By the way, doesn't the Mayan calender end in 2012?

~Dorian Gray

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
By the way, doesn't the Mayan calender end in 2012?

No, it's just the end of the 13th Baktun. The last one (12th) was during September 18, 1618 AD. I don't think the world ended there, do you xD?

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
The jump from the 13th Baktun to the 14th Baktun is supposed to be a transition to the birth of a new world, so if the hotel were to go up on the 21st, it would be fairly fitting :|

This whole situation brings up memories of Thank You For Smoking :\

~Dorian Gray

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Bleh, it would make for a nice symbolic effect, but there's going to be a lot of people whining about the end of the world, and I'm not sure I can take it anymore.

You know what would be better? Terraforming Mars. That would the the birth of a new world.

Samber

Your Mom's Mom's Daughter
Woah that'd be cool! Though i doubt that it'll ever be cheap enough for the common folk to go up there.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
but there's going to be a lot of people whining about the end of the world, and I'm not sure I can take it anymore.

You and me both...

The only good thing I actually see coming from this is that (hopefully) the money would go to building and enhancing better spaceships/rockets for better space travel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back