• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How much of the worlds have we seen? (Is this quote true?)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Echoecho6

Awards
I saw somewhere that based on the Toy Box demo, we have only seen 30% of this world. Who exactly said that and how accurate would you say that is? I feel like I have seen 90% of that world combining the demo plus all the trailer footage. I was still always under the impression that the flying saucer boss was the final boss of that world because of how big and how much HP it had.

We have seen ALOT of Toystory, even more than Olympus I think. If this has only been 30% of Toy Story than I have to assume we havn't seen more than 50% of what is going to happen in Olympus. If this is all true then that is kind of insane. There would have to be completely different areas in that world besides thebes, the mountain, and the heavens. With all this in mind it makes you realize then that we must have no seen hardly anything from Monsters Inc, Pirates, etc. I just am not convinced about this though... Square is known for spoiling way too much, literally everything they can before the game comes out. They showed off Davy Jones for Pirates, and I am inclined to believe we saw the final boss for BH6 and possibly Olympus as well.. It is just too hard to figure out if there is more to it or if they spoiled too much.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
archiveofourown.org
It was said by the developers at the Premiere Event. Whole sections of the level were blocked off, so there is reasonably more to see. A representative for S-E also stated that they will not be showing the final bosses of the worlds in promotional materials before the game, which means the flying saucer boss is not the final boss of the world.

Sdog

Awards
I can understand the concern due to Square's track record. And their whole "only 30%" of the worlds being shown off so far could be a subjective view due to story progression that would utilize the environments at different points for different uses, though I am inclined to believe them. The worlds have a lot of potential and with modern technology they'll be able to see that through. And with all the Disney worlds so far have a Organization member in them some of them are bound to have a arch and boss fight incorporated that extend the world length far beyond what we've seen in any trailer so far.

lusca_bueno

I don't think the case is: they didn't show 70% of Toy Box area, but more like they didn't show 70% of the EVENTS in that world, and that surely involves backtracking and such. And then again, I'm pretty sure all the final bosses for each world will be true Org. XIII with either their keyblade or special weapon style, hopefully in very unique battles!

the red monster

Awards
I'm pretty sure they already said each disney world is 2-3 hours long, so it make sense if we only saw like 30-40% of toy story world.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
What attendees of the Premiere Event got to play in May was 30% of the world. It included Andy’s room and the street outside, as well as a few areas of Galaxy Toys. A lot of areas from the third floor and above were closed off, but Master Spockanort and Sign were able to find so many hidden nooks and intinteresting things in the areas they had available.

Believe me when I say the world we have seen the most of is probably Olympus. There are so many different areas of that world that we have seen over the years and we know it isn’t everything (thanks to that demo fuck up). But what we have seen is a lot (the mountains, Thebes, the heavens) and it blows me away how this is opening the game.

Add onto that we have barely even seen Monstropolis. There is so much in that world that has been kept from us and I’m excited to see why that world has been shown off quite sporadically. And with the Pirates of the Caribbean world, we haven’t seen Port Royal yet or know the full scope of how much we can travel around to. We know we have sea battles and islands to explore, but the overall scope of that world has been kept in the dark, same as San Fransokyo.

It is fair to assume that Arendelle and Kingdom of Corona will cover what was shown in the movies, but we know we can explore areas that were barely shown off there. Sora will fight in the darkest parts of the Corona forest, in the area seen in the film for 5 seconds when Mother Gothel intercepts the Stabbington Brothers after the battle at the dam. And we haven’t seen the Ice Labarynth Larxene sets up for Sora to solve as well, which is very exciting.

I know Square Enix has done a lot in the past to show off everything. The first English screens for Dream Drop Distance were from the final world, which was a baffling decision, but I think that this time they have erred on the side of caution with what the show. Like mentioned above, final bosses are being kept a secret, which means any fights we have seen in the trailers and extended media (Dark Baymax, data arm, toy spaceship, the possessed doll etc.) shouldn’t the final bosses for those worlds.

There have been so many trailers but I really do believe we haven’t seen a lot of what Kingdom Hearts III has to offer.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I think your main issue is coming from the shortness of the worlds in previous titles. They already said that KH 3 is stepping up world play time to about the same length as 0.2. At its base, if you don't look around or try to find treasure chests that entire experience can be completed in 3 hours. Skipping cutscenes and on easy i think my play time was 58 mins. Looking at everything, collecting all treasures, trying to level up in a Proud playthrough took about 8 hours, then on subsequent playthroughs on Critical and finishing the rest of the challenges and secret boss the total for 100% completion took about 12 hours? So you multiply that among all the worlds in KH 3 you're looking at a pretty decently sized game and the Olympia demo and Toy Box demo were only 30 minutes right?

EDIT: Also, with the flying saucer boss, context clues in the events surrounding it imply that it's the boss you fight to save the aliens.

Echoecho6

Awards
I think your main issue is coming from the shortness of the worlds in previous titles. They already said that KH 3 is stepping up world play time to about the same length as 0.2. At its base, if you don't look around or try to find treasure chests that entire experience can be completed in 3 hours. Skipping cutscenes and on easy i think my play time was 58 mins. Looking at everything, collecting all treasures, trying to level up in a Proud playthrough took about 8 hours, then on subsequent playthroughs on Critical and finishing the rest of the challenges and secret boss the total for 100% completion took about 12 hours? So you multiply that among all the worlds in KH 3 you're looking at a pretty decently sized game and the Olympia demo and Toy Box demo were only 30 minutes right?

EDIT: Also, with the flying saucer boss, context clues in the events surrounding it imply that it's the boss you fight to save the aliens.

I figured out it will be how you save the aliens, but what is to imply that this isn't the final task of that world? Another concern I had is that we don't get to see the other Toy Story characters in the game.

disney233

Awards
I figured out it will be how you save the aliens, but what is to imply that this isn't the final task of that world? Another concern I had is that we don't get to see the other Toy Story characters in the game.

Now, odds are we haven't seen the other Toy Story characters because it all depends on the timeline of when the events in the Toy Box even takes place. For all we know, the events take place in the first movie, before Woody even met Jessie and the others. Though...Potatohead's absence is...questionable, but previous games did have a track record of...excluding MANY characters. (I'll never see my boi Professor Potter or Tantor again...NOR THE SULTAN FOR ONCE!)

Echoecho6

Awards
Now, odds are we haven't seen the other Toy Story characters because it all depends on the timeline of when the events in the Toy Box even takes place. For all we know, the events take place in the first movie, before Woody even met Jessie and the others. Though...Potatohead's absence is...questionable, but previous games did have a track record of...excluding MANY characters. (I'll never see my boi Professor Potter or Tantor again...NOR THE SULTAN FOR ONCE!)

I'm pretty sure they said it was between the 2nd and 3rd movies?

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Actually, you don't see some of the other characters because Young Xehanort duplicated the world. One world is the real Toy Box whilst the other is a modified variant. Andy's remaining toys are in the other Toy Box (whether that's the real Toy Box or not is up in the air right now).

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
No, they confirmed back at D23 2017 that the plot of the Toy Story world in KH3 is taking place after the events of the 2nd film but before the 3rd movie. The reason I say this is the result of Three key points:

1. Woody's right arm has been stitched up by Andy.
  2. The Three Squeeze Toy Aliens are the same ones that Mr. Potato Head saved during the car chase in the 2nd film.
  3. The Calendar in Galaxy Toys said 2001, suggesting this takes place two years after Toy Story 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back