• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How old is the Earth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Because you're still talking to me. Duh..

Then what right do you have to complain?

...when did this happen?

Since people started drawing conclusions *from* the proof and not the other way around?

We have original hebrew/greek manuscripts.
Infallible as in overall God's message to his people. Not talking about stupid numbers like "lol 40,000 died here...nu wait...4,000".

Did you read them?

...this has to do with god being a species? Or your own sense of logic?

It means that i said very clearly species is the term I dubbed godhood for lack of a batter one. True to form, instead of addressing my argument, you went for an ad hominem attack.

I did. With a point. He never does anything against his law.

God says "thou shalt not kill". Is he tied to that law?

All of them?

Oh, oh, I'm sorry. Spanish, for example, I taught was created when the latin language acquired part of the Visigoth dialect, and over centuries of isolation, modern Spanish came. Same for French with Latin and the Franks. And so on. but apparently, this was all a lie by Satan himself, and God created all of these languages at certain periods of time.

That about it?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Then what right do you have to complain?

I'm not. You ask me why I'm replying, and I said because you're talking to me.

Since people started drawing conclusions *from* the proof and not the other way around?

No, when was I talking about proof from the 1980s, etc.?

Did you read them?

Yes. Numerical and minor mistakes that do not take away from God's overall law and message to his people.

you went for an ad hominem attack.

What the hell is this?
God says "thou shalt not kill". Is he tied to that law?

Murder. Not kill.
"Thou shalt not murder."

Oh, oh, I'm sorry. Spanish, for example, I taught was created when the latin language acquired part of the Visigoth dialect, and over centuries of isolation, modern Spanish came. Same for French with Latin and the Franks. And so on. but apparently, this was all a lie by Satan himself, and God created all of these languages at certain periods of time.

That about it?

You didn't read the story of those that tried to build a tower to reach the heavens, and as consequence God spread these people around the world, and gave them different languages so they would not understand eachother and be able to build the tower? Yeah.

But anyways, I have a life to get to. Good night.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
No, when was I talking about proof from the 1980s, etc.?

Which one, exactly? Geological layers, tree rings?

What the hell is this?

It means that, instead of addressing the argument, you attacked me. A logical fallacy.

*clap, clap*

Murder. Not kill.
"Thou shalt not murder."

Ohh, my mistake. Define that law for me, please.

You didn't read the story of those that tried to build a tower to reach the heavens, and as consequence God spread these people around the world, and gave them different languages so they would not understand eachother and be able to build the tower?

Oh yes. I thought that anyone that acknowledged the Roman empire existed and the Middle Age existed could've easily discarded it, since we see, quite clearly, the evolution of language. We see Latin, and we see how Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese greatly resemble it. We see how languages that were far away, such as Chinese, are very different. We see how every single one of the Latin languages shares the same alphabet and structure. We see how English has the same alphabet, but different structure, since the Romans weren't there for a long time. We see how Germanic tribes migrated into Europe, with their own dialects, and adopted roman culture, including the language.

We see that. You, apparently, do not.

AGE OF THE EARTH

Waiting for an argument from you, please.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
It means that, instead of addressing the argument, you attacked me.

No. I did both. That's a two-punch for me. I win.

Ohh, my mistake. Define that law for me, please.

lol sarcasm.

Murder is unjust killing.
Is the government murdering if they sentence someone to death?
No. It's a death sentence. It's just.

AGE OF THE EARTH

Waiting for an argument from you, please.

But I already wasted my life talking to you about this.

Oh yes. I thought that anyone that acknowledged the Roman empire existed and the Middle Age existed could've easily discarded it, since we see, quite clearly, the evolution of language. We see Latin, and we see how Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese greatly resemble it. We see how languages that were far away, such as Chinese, are very different. We see how every single one of the Latin languages shares the same alphabet and structure. We see how English has the same alphabet, but different structure, since the Romans weren't there for a long time. We see how Germanic tribes migrated into Europe, with their own dialects, and adopted roman culture, including the language.

So, the languages God gave years ago, couldn't be ancestors of modern day language? Mmk.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
No. I did both. That's a two-punch for me. I win.

Hahahaha, right. I said what I meant by species, you attacked my logic without an argument. Logical fallacy, ad hominem attack.

Murder is unjust killing.
Is the government murdering if they sentence someone to death?
No. It's a death sentence. It's just.

Circular logic. Unjust killing? You're basing your definition of just upon the unjust, which you in turn base justice on.

Define justice, then.

But I already wasted my life talking to you about this.

Then get out.

So, the languages God gave years ago, couldn't be ancestors of modern day language? Mmk.

Except Hebrew, Greek and so on appeared way, way after the first Empires had been born and died. So no. And small tribes also had their own dialects.

Have you any historical proof for the Babel fable?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Hahahaha, right. I said what I meant by species, you attacked my logic without an argument. Logical fallacy, ad hominem attack.

No, I attacked your argument of god being a species.

Then get out.

No u

Since you *proved everyone wrong* what are you still doing here mr. spammy? D:

Except Hebrew, Greek and so on appeared way, way after the first Empires had been born and died. So no. And small tribes also had their own dialects.

Have you any historical proof for the Babel fable?

No. I don't need proof. I suddenly need proof for everything for it to be true? lolz.

I don't understand why God couldn't have made different languages, and they suddenly evolved to modern day ones.

Circular logic. Unjust killing? You're basing your definition of just upon the unjust, which you in turn base justice on.

Just killing would be punishment given by god or authority god has appointed, that involves death.

But yeah, I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly have to go. I'm truly sorry, I have a life.

PS: If you keep replying, you're doing just as much damage as me

<3

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
No, I attacked your argument of god being a species.

"pho logic"

You formed no argument of your own.

Since you *proved everyone wrong* what are you still doing here mr. spammy? D:

Waiting for you to provide a meaningful young-earth argument. Seems to be somewhat of a pipe dream by now, though.

No. I don't need proof. I suddenly need proof for everything for it to be true? lolz.

You don't *need* proof to believe in whatever myth you want.

I don't understand why God couldn't have made different languages, and they suddenly evolved to modern day ones.

Which languages, when and where?

Just killing would be punishment given by god or authority god has appointed, that involves death.

But yeah, I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly have to go. I'm truly sorry, I have a life.

You still haven't defined justice.

PS: If you keep replying, you're doing just as much damage as me

.... so you believe you're doing damage, and you still do it? Yup, you've truly shown a peak onto your personality.

Against Flood evidence:

1. Layering of the floodwaters contradicts the Flood model, which proposes that the Flood was turbulent enough to stir up sediments on an incredible scale. The model proposes that the floodwaters became the present oceans, so all the water flowing into the oceans would have ensured that they were well mixed. The freshwater fish would have had no place to find fresh water.

2. The fact that many fish can tolerate wide ranges in salinity does not mean that all can. Furthermore, the problem applies to more than fish. Freshwater invertebrates are commonly used as indicators of the health of streams. Even a tiny amount of pollution can cause many species to disappear from the stream.

3. Aquatic organisms would have more than salinity to worry about, such as the following:
* Heat. All mechanisms proposed to cause the Flood would have released enough heat to boil the oceans. The deposition of limestone would release enough heat to boil them again. Meteors and volcanoes that occurred during the Flood, as implied by their presence in layers attributed to the Flood by flood geologists, would probably have boiled them again (Isaak 1998). Woodmorappe (1996, 140) dismissed the problem of volcanoes but ignored all the other sources of heat.
* Acid. The volcanoes that erupted during the Flood would also have produced sulfuric acid, enough to lower the pH of the ocean to 2.2, which would be fatal to almost all marine life (Morton 1998b).
* Substrate. Many freshwater and marine invertebrates rely on a substrate. They anchor themselves on the substrate and rely on currents to carry their food to them. During the Flood, substrates would have been uninhabitable at least part of the time, especially on land. Woodmorappe (1996, 141) suggested floating pumice as a substrate, but it would float with the currents, so currents would not bring nutrients to animals on them.
* Pressure. The Flood would have caused great fluctuation in sea pressures. Many deep-sea creatures invariably die from the decompression when brought to the surface. Other surface animals would die from too much pressure if forced deep underwater.

4. Woodmorappe predicted a sudden extinction of fish caused by the Flood. "[P]resent-day marine life is but an impoverished remnant of that which had originally been created and had existed before the Flood" (1996, 142). However, the actual pattern of extinction we see shows convincing disproof of the Flood. Living genera become decreasingly represented in fossils as one goes deeper in the geological column, until there are no recent genera in the Triassic, and only about 12 percent of recent genera have any fossil record. Extinct genera continue back to the Cambrian (Morton 1998a). This pattern exactly matches what one would expect from evolution. It contradicts a global flood, which should include modern fish more-or-less uniformly throughout the flood-deposited sediments.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Yes pho, you posted all of that already. You have nothing left to talk about, really.

Of course. I know you didn't read it. You don't care about knowledge. Hence, you cannot be trusted to know anything.

In my opinion,

justice is what the Bible defines is right.

Circular logic:

1. God is just because everything he does is just.
2. Everything God does is just because he defines justice.

So you're telling me it's impossible to hold a sensible argument with you of *anything*. Not only will you not read and comment, but you truly, honestly don't care about these things. So why are you even here?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Of course. I know you didn't read it. You don't care about knowledge. Hence, you cannot be trusted to know anything.

Don't be stupid. I read it, or I wouldn't have replied with "you've already posted this".

2. Everything God does is just because he defines justice.

I think you get it now. Good for you.

So you're telling me it's impossible to hold a sensible argument with you of *anything*.

Simply because, argument is for the weak. Argument is for the immature. Argument is for those who simply have no reason to exist other than to boast the non-existant glory one possesses. I shall leave you to that, simply because I'm done looking like a fool arguing over something that doesn't matter. Feel free to carry on though. Enjoy the inevitable pride boost you must have gained from needing to have the last word in every intel topic on the forums. Good day.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Don't be stupid. I read it, or I wouldn't have replied with "you've already posted this".

No I didn't. When did I post this?

Also, do tell me what's incorrect about it, then.

I think you get it now. Good for you.

So you willingly base your arguments on fallacies. You can't be trusted with philosophy either, then.

Simply because, argument is for the weak. Argument is for the immature. Argument is for those who simply have no reason to exist other than to boast the non-existant glory one possesses.

"Argument is for those who care about knowledge and reason"

If you don't care about arguments and reason, why are you in Intel?

^ If you think this is immature, then nothing you can ever say can be right, because you don't take the steps to see if you're right. Hence, what you say is taken with the same seriousness as what a 5-year old says.

I shall leave you to that, simply because I'm done looking like a fool arguing over something that doesn't matter. Feel free to carry on though. Enjoy the inevitable pride boost you must have gained from needing to have the last word in every intel topic on the forums. Good day.

Ad hominem attack.

*clap, clap*

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
So you willingly base your arguments on fallacies
2. Everything God does is just because he defines justice

This isn't a fallacy. That's what I believe. Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it a fallacy.

"Argument is for those who care about knowledge and reason"

If you don't care about arguments and reason, why are you in Intel?

You have to argue to learn?
Arguing simply makes a complaining btch, in my opinion.

Ad hominem attack.

??????
Stop posting unrelated stuff that makes no sense.
Kthxbai.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
2. Everything God does is just because he defines justice

This isn't a fallacy. That's what I believe. Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't make it a fallacy.

"Begging the question in logic, also known as circular reasoning and by the Latin name petitio principii, is an informal fallacy found in many attempts at logical arguments. An argument which begs the question is one in which a premise presupposes the conclusion in some way. Such an argument is valid in the sense in which logicians use that term, yet provides no reason at all to believe its conclusion."

Circular reasoning is defined as a fallacy. You believe in one because of the other and vice versa. No reason. You don't care for the "why", you prefer the logical fallacy. hence, you can't be trusted with philosophy.

??????
Stop posting unrelated stuff that makes no sense.
Kthxbai.

Ad hominem attack is when, instead of addressing the argument, you attack the person. Logical fallacy.

AGE OF THE EARTH

1. What the reports of ark sightings have in common is that none has been corroborated. Most have few if any witnesses. Photographs and newspaper articles disappear, sometimes inexplicably, or they are too vague to be meaningful. Physical evidence either is not retrieved, is faked, or comes from recent wood carried up the mountain. They have the appearance of fables, not fact.

2. The reports are inconsistent. The ark has been found in different places on the mountain (and on different mountains, if you include earlier accounts). Its condition varies from almost intact to broken in half to only isolated timbers. The character of the wood varies from too hard to cut to falling apart at a touch. Some accounts make it sound like local residents visited the ark routinely, while other accounts stress the hardships encountered.

3. Noah's ark is the sort of subject that people would tell stories about. Some people might be motivated by misplaced piety to make up stories. Some have been motivated by money. Others might elaborate a story simply to get attention. Since the ark story is so famous, some people might conclude they have found the ark on the basis of ambiguous evidence. For example, they might misinterpret a blurry photograph or a shape seen through fog, or they might conclude that any wood they find is from the ark, although wood has been carried up Ararat in historical times for building crosses and huts.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Arguments are not always matches between two or more parties. They are discussions. You're confusing "argument" with "debate."

I'm not confusing anything, considering he said argument. Not debate. Or discussion.

Passive aggressive Ad Hominem, eh?

See, what the hell is Ad Hominem?
Posting this makes no benefit.

Ad hominem attack is when, instead of addressing the argument, you attack the person. Logical fallacy.

What argument?

"EARTH IS OLD. ROCKS TELL"?

We passed that ages ago. Who said I'm arguing with you now?

Circular reasoning is defined as a fallacy. You believe in one because of the other and vice versa. No reason. You don't care for the "why", you prefer the logical fallacy. hence, you can't be trusted with philosophy.

I always believed religion was a type of philosophy, no?
Since in Christianity, the basis is God, and that he is perfect, and we are not, that's all that matters in the belief.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I'm not confusing anything, considering he said argument. Not debate. Or discussion.

ar·gu·ment /ˈɑrgyəmənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ahr-gyuh-muhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. an oral disagreement; verbal opposition; contention; altercation: a violent argument.
2. a discussion involving differing points of view; debate: They were deeply involved in an argument about inflation.

My mistake, I thought you were able to tell from the context. Evidently, I was wrong.

See, what the hell is Ad Hominem?

Whenever you imply something about me, it's Ad Hominem.

We passed that ages ago. Who said I'm arguing with you now?

The discussion, Dogen. The discussion.

I always believed religion was a type of philosophy, no?
Since in Christianity, the basis is God, and that he is perfect, and we are not, that's all that matters in the belief.

Ooh, then it's not even a philosophy. Philosophy deals with questions, so it deals with the "why"s, and seeing as how you don't care about the "why", you don't care about philosophy.

the big bang happend 3.15 billions years ago so the earth is 3.15 billions years old (i am not a nerd i just like space)

Incorrect. The Big Bang happened about 13.7 billion of years ago. The Earth wasn't formed just like that during that expansion.

AGE OF THE EARTH:

"If the earth is old, then radioactive isotopes with short half-lives should have all decayed already. That is what we find. Isotopes with half-lives longer than eighty million years are found on earth; isotopes with shorter half-lives are not, the only exceptions being those that are generated by current natural processes (Dalrymple 1991, 376-378). "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back