• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

how the replicas are created

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audo

You'll agree with me though that we're talking about two different 'craftings' here?
Yes, Repliku was based on Riku's data. However, it's not until Namine messed him up that he 'remembered' anything that happened to Riku himself. Also, the 'shaping' process was immediate as Vexen just shoved the data on Repliku.
Opposed to that we have
Xion, who had the Memories connect on their own in a sense she actually looked like someone other than the one the Memories belonged to. Also, she looked like someone else depending on who looked at her, as opposed to Repliku, who looked like Riku regardless of who it was that looked at him.

They're different.
I of course agree that they're different, but, seeing as how they were a part of the same plan and the same research, one must believe that they were created in a similar process. Repliku's creation seemed much more stable than the other (which leads me to question why they still referred to the first replica as the "superior replica" when its clear that Repliku was a far better replica as far as the point and definition of a replica.)

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, to start off, he had having Riku inside Castle Oblivion at the same time he was. Depending on how Replicas are created, that might've helped him become more like the 'original' unlike the other one.
Also, the comment was written, I believe, due to their initial status, which made Vexen bring Repliku to CO to continue research at all so what happened during CoM might've changed that had they been able to give opinion about it again.
However, I agree with the definition. Repliku, for all of sounding and looking and walking and quacking like Riku - wasn't quite Riku. About the only thing Xion did [b]not[/b] copy from Sora along the lines, at least as far as what she was supposed to clone - was his looks, and even that came about at the end of the game. She began from copying and then stole his Memories, was able to control whatever of his Keyblade Roxas had, absorbed even his fighting style, and arguably even acted like him at times.
Repliku took Riku's "Drama Queen"-ness several steps further. Unlike Xion and Roxas who shared Sora's doubts and insecurities about things, Repliku lacked the one thing that at that point in time, defined Riku most of all - his fear of Darkness. And as we see at the end - it was Repliku that went down, while Xion against Roxas has Xion wanting to go down going to explain why she did, as opposed to her not living up to what she was supposed to do.

tl;dr Repliku basically has the looks but none of the substance, while for the other one it's the other way around. Copying the essance would make that one the superior replica.

A

Audo

But seeing as how both Replicas had their own personalities and minds separate from the thing they were supposed to be a replica of (which i believed is said in one of the secret reports, no?) that neither could truly hold the personality/essence of what they were replicating.

But then again, they ARE experiments, so, it is no wonder why they have so many flaws.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
And why they're different from one another. Taking Repliku to CO is enough to show us that, not to mention how they ended up :\ I mean, can we even really be sure they're the same type of 'Replica'?
I really don't think you can compare them, least of all use that as basis for anything.

Reverie

Bronze Member
Awards
Replicas are created by having duplicated memories of another. Like Repliku is of Riku and Xion is . . .

of Sora

A

Audo

Well both replicas were brought to CO to be "finished" or whatever.

Lord_Marluxia

Website
www.marluxiasrose.deviantart.com
I THINK I HAVE THE ANSWER FOR THISSSSS! *O*

Well remember that when roxas goes to the twilight town mansion he says that someone used this a long time ago... WELL both Xion and Repliku were made in Castle OBLIVION.... SO how bout if theyre made inside those PODS?!! =o! also Namine cooperated with vexen in the replica creations

A

Audo

In the Days Novel, Nami is working on Repliku and he IS in one of the pods...

Awards
And yet the processes they both went through were different, it seems, in great part because of how they themselves responded to them.

I don't think so. In fact, I think it was a relatively similar process.

Both had a point in time where they were aware of the fact that they were replicas and were created to serve a purpose. Repliku and Xion were like that in the beginning. By adding in memories which didn't really belong to them, they began to develop their own personalities.

For Xion, those were Sora's memories. For Riku, we don't really know. Namine manipulated whatever memories he had within him- but where did these memories come from in the first place? She can only create memories from pre-existing ones.

Not sure where you got the idea that Repliku had Sora's memories of Riku, but I don't see how that makes much sense.

If Xion, as Sora's replica, gained his memories, would it not follow that Repliku's base memories came from Riku?
As I've pointed out in other topics, there are indeed hints in Reverse Rebirth that Riku may have lost some of his memories.

A

Audo

I don't think Repliku ever actually had any of Riku's genuine memories - as in, memories Riku lost that found their way into Repliku. He had data copied from Riku's memories. Which, as I said, occurred when Vexen battles Riku in RR.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Both had a point in time where they were aware of the fact that they were replicas and were created to serve a purpose. Repliku and Xion were like that in the beginning. By adding in memories which didn't really belong to them, they began to develop their own personalities.

Try shoving Memories up Repliku's rear end to make him forget he was a Replica. Xion was never truly aware of it as by the time she was capable of remembering anything, she was already 'her own person'.

For Xion, those were Sora's memories. For Riku, we don't really know. Namine manipulated whatever memories he had within him- but where did these memories come from in the first place? She can only create memories from pre-existing ones.

With how she should've altered Sora's Memories of Kairi for them to add up with the Memories of her we see Sora had, I doubt it. She can create new Memories. She admitted to as much herself. Not to mention creating the exact same Memories inside both Sora and Repliku about the Promise.

Not sure where you got the idea that Repliku had Sora's memories of Riku, but I don't see how that makes much sense.

He was never shown to remember anything that didn't relate to Sora. The one time in which it seemed the most he was throwing something he remembered at our faces was when he told Sora "You're the one who forgot, I told YOU to take care of her." Sora remembered it, Riku's own Memories wouldn't have needed to come into play here at all past the initial basis of Repliku's existence.

If Xion, as Sora's replica, gained his memories, would it not follow that Repliku's base memories came from Riku?

Nope. Because their progress was different in the long run, making one believe their basis wasn't original either. I mean, Xion lacked a face and had the Memories. Repliku had a face, but lacked the Memories to claim as his own.

As I've pointed out in other topics, there are indeed hints in Reverse Rebirth that Riku may have lost some of his memories.

Hm. Point me at them? o,o They might be used for my own vile, dark purposes.

I don't think Repliku ever actually had any of Riku's genuine memories - as in, memories Riku lost that found their way into Repliku. He had data copied from Riku's memories. Which, as I said, occurred when Vexen battles Riku in RR.

I still wonder truly how much of Riku was used to base him x_x probably need to reread the secret reports, but I never got the impression he was that much alike to her.

Awards
Try shoving Memories up Repliku's rear end to make him forget he was a Replica. Xion was never truly aware of it as by the time she was capable of remembering anything, she was already 'her own person'.
Xion was aware of it. When she began to bond with Roxas and Axel, she began to forget her creation.

With how she should've altered Sora's Memories of Kairi for them to add up with the Memories of her we see Sora had, I doubt it. She can create new Memories. She admitted to as much herself. Not to mention creating the exact same Memories inside both Sora and Repliku about the Promise.

She can "create" memories out of pre-existing ones. And as she said, she cannot destroy memories.
Think of it like the law of conservation of energy- she cannot explicitly create memories out of nothing, nor can she destroy memories. What Namine can do is alter memories that already exist into new ones, as we see when she takes the place of Kairi.

He was never shown to remember anything that didn't relate to Sora. The one time in which it seemed the most he was throwing something he remembered at our faces was when he told Sora "You're the one who forgot, I told YOU to take care of her." Sora remembered it, Riku's own Memories wouldn't have needed to come into play here at all past the initial basis of Repliku's existence.

I still don't see how it would make any sense that he was based on Sora's memories of Riku.
His memories would be, in effect, from Sora's point of view.

And not all of them were necessarily about Sora. He talks about Tidus, Walka and Selphie being "losers," about his time with Namine and such. Even so, of course most of what he's talking about would involve Sora because he's talking to Sora.

Nope. Because their progress was different in the long run, making one believe their basis wasn't original either. I mean, Xion lacked a face and had the Memories. Repliku had a face, but lacked the Memories to claim as his own.

Their progress being different doesn't equate to their basis being different.
The same experiment performed twice can yield different results. In this case, the variation can be due to any number of factors.

Hm. Point me at them? o,o They might be used for my own vile, dark purposes.
Both Zexion and Ansem say on several occasions that Riku only has dark memories left.
Riku does not deny this. He may remember Sora, Kairi, and even Tidus, Walka, and Selphie, but that doesn't necessarily mean he has retained all of his memories of them. For all we know, it could be on a superficial and hollow name-basis (that is, he can only remember their names or certain things about them).

I still wonder truly how much of Riku was used to base him x_x probably need to reread the secret reports, but I never got the impression he was that much alike to her.

If it's any hint, Repliku was considered a "replica" well before Vexen ever made contact with Riku- implying that the process may have begun well before then.

KH!

te whol point of the forums is to over analize.

I'm not stupid. i was just saying it's make believe not everything will be explained. like its not explained how like they never eat or use the bathroom stuff like that, you don't have to attack me...

Ventus Air-Man

Wanderer
Awards
Riku and Xion were created from half data and half memories. To collect Riku's data, Vexen went and battled him. To collect Sora's data to create Xion, Xemnas went and battled Sora, as we see in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Riku and Xion were created from half data and half memories. To collect Riku's data, Vexen went and battled him. To collect Sora's data to create Xion, Xemnas went and battled Sora, as we see in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix.

Actually, if any of them was made half and half, it was Repliku, but I'd sooner relate him to Data more than Memories, as the Memories he had weren't really of Riku's - they were Namine's doing, unlike with Xion who absorbed Sora's Memories through Roxas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back