• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► How To Be A Parent

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ta-Chan

/E S C A P E;;ǝɹnlıɐɟ
So, My dad does nothing with me. When I try to talk to him he brushes me off, and today when I asked him to come to see the fireworks for Canada Day with me he said no and watched them from the backyard. He does this all the time and I'm finally tired of it.

My mom has tried talking to him about it and still no results.

KHI... What should I do?

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Maybe he just doesn't care, or has lost the energy to be a caring parent?

It's quite possible that there's just nothing that can be done to change him.

Ta-Chan

/E S C A P E;;ǝɹnlıɐɟ
True... Standing ovation for saying something different than everyone else I've talked to is saying

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Eh, maybe Sam'll have something better to say.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I'm not sure that KHI is the best place to ask people how to be a parent. seeing ase like 98% of us don't have our own kids.

Write your dad a letter stating how serious this is to you. this way he can't interrupt you mid conversation. give it to him and go somewhere so that he'll have time to reflect on it while you aren't around. This worked with a relative of mine and her father.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
Wow, that seems harsh.
At least you're taking the initiative to try and talk to him, and do things with him.

Honestly if he still isn't responding, he must be apathetic, or just tired or maybe he has something else on his mind. This could be a phase..?
I'd say your mother probably has more power to influence him, and she might be able to determine why he isn't interested.

What about doing things as a 3? He might feel more comfortable doing that, than just you and him.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Wow, that seems harsh.
At least you're taking the initiative to try and talk to him, and do things with him.

Honestly if he still isn't responding, he must be apathetic, or just tired or maybe he has something else on his mind. This could be a phase..?
I'd say your mother probably has more power to influence him, and she might be able to determine why he isn't interested.

What about doing things as a 3? He might feel more comfortable doing that, than just you and him.

considering the mother has talked to him. and that he still hasn't done anything. I don't think this will work.

A

Azrael

So, My dad does nothing with me. When I try to talk to him he brushes me off, and today when I asked him to come to see the fireworks for Canada Day with me he said no and watched them from the backyard. He does this all the time and I'm finally tired of it.

My mom has tried talking to him about it and still no results.

KHI... What should I do?

He's tired of you probably and changing him will never occur.

Ta-Chan

/E S C A P E;;ǝɹnlıɐɟ
I'm not sure that KHI is the best place to ask people how to be a parent. seeing ase like 98% of us don't have our own kids.

Write your dad a letter stating how serious this is to you. this way he can't interrupt you mid conversation. give it to him and go somewhere so that he'll have time to reflect on it while you aren't around. This worked with a relative of mine and her father.
Hmm... I might try that...
Wow, that seems harsh.

Thats why I tried asking him to come see the fireworks, I went with mom without him when he said no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back