• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How to beat Sephiroth (Spoilers, I guess)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

lSoral

How to beat Sephiroth

This is a thread, on how to beat Sephiroth, if anyone is stuck. This is My way on defeating him. Argue all you want, but this was an awesome strategy.

How and Where to find him

• He is at the Dark Depths. A little bit beyond where the Heartless War tookplace. Past the Great Maw, then after Crystal Fissure.

• He will be there, when Hollow Bastion turns into Radiant Garden

Requirements

• I high advise to be atleast level 70 or 80. This will make things way easier, unless you want a more difficult challenge, fight him at a lower level.

• Get a very strong keyblade, such as Oblivion or Ultima Weapon. Agian, if you want a challenge, go ahead and try Kingdom Key for all I care. I really suggest Ultima Weapon, since it has the MP Hasteaga thing.

• Level up your drive forms. The needed Abilities will make the battle way less frusterating and confusing. You'll actually need all the abilites at a pretty high level.
  • All the combo boosts, Air combo boosts, Explosion, etc. Just equip all the best abilities. You cannot use drives in this battle, so unequip any useless abilities.
  • This, you MUST have. Item Boost. So you don't have to waste Elixers (That are more rare, and you could use this in a more important situation. You can have like 1 though). Oh, and plenty of Hi-Potions. When you use one, and if your HP is at 1 or critical, you'll heal almost all of your HP.
  • Curaga, just for emergancies :D
  • If you REALLY want to, use the Solo Trinity Limit. It'll do lots of damage, but take alll your MP.

Strategy

Phase One

It starts off with a reaction command. He will use this everytime he says "That's Enough", and he'll teleport, and slice you about 10 times. You can avoid this by pressing Triangle right before he uses it, and you'll block all his slashes. Everytime after he does this, you will have time to do some moves, do so. Then, when he teleports, run away, try to dodge his combos and slashes. I suggest you don't use glide as offten. If you glide, Sephiroth will teleport in the air, and continue to attack you, and when you try to get down, you probably won't make it.After about 3-5 teleports, he'll probably start walking. DO NOT GO TOWARDS HIM. Simply wait, and the Reaction Command, will appear agian. Now, after, attack! This easy cycle will keep continuing for awhile.

Phase Two

The next thing you'll see him do, is create those dark orbs. He will do this when he says "Give in to the dark" This is his next stage. Just whack them out of the way, and pay attention if he says "That's Enough". But now, you have to listen to "Heartless Angel, Sin Harvest". Right when you hear him say the Sin Harvest move, try to get to him as fast as possible. Jump up, aerial dodge, and attack! Do not let him use this, I repeat, do not let him use this! It'll make your HP/MP go to 1. If you fail at attacking him, just use a hi-potion or ether. Or your elixer, but you probably won't need to do this if you're fast enough. Now, he'll do both phases, swiching back and forth for a long time. But, near the end, he might do the Fire Pillar attack (Forgot what's it called, but he creates 4 huge pillars of fire). He'll do it when he says "Perish Now". When he does this, just glide or quick run away. Take time to heal if you need to, attack him if he's open, at any time at this phase.

Phase Three

At this point, his HP will probably have about 4 gauges left. Sephiroth will turn purple, and go all 'Omni-Slash Cloud style' on you, you know, flying around and slashing everything in his way. Just be very catious, and avoid it, attack him whenever you can! He'll still be doing everything from the last phases, but execpt, he will use meteor sometimes. When this happens, hundreds of meteors come flying towards you. To avoid this, just aerial dodge left and right, back and forth. You won't get hit, seriously, maybe once. Now, since his HP is probably low by now, attack, attack! Until he's defeated.

After the battle

When you defeat him, you'll get a Bonus! Your drive gauge will increase by 1. And the max is 7. Also, Sephiroth brags and says he didn't try his hardest, and only Cloud can eliminate him. The cutscene ends, but Sephiroth asks to find Cloud. Cloud is standing in the market, go talk to him, and tell him that Sephiroth is waiting for him. Finally, you get to see Showdown of Fate 2. Where Cloud and Sephiroth have a kick-ass battle, but suddenly, teleport into nowhere o_O. Anywho, Tifa comes, tries to help, doesn't do crap, but after the scene, she'll hand you a new keychain. This is Fenrir, the strongest keyblade in the game, but sadly, it has low MP, and negative combo (Minus 1 of the total combos).

Notes
  • This guy is extremely hard for some players. You should have quick fingers, common sense and fast reactions. The reaction command will appear for like 2 seconds, so be aware.
  • This boss is optional, so you DON'T have to do it, unless you want a very cool keyblade, and completing the Jiminy Journal.
  • Only use curaga when you're in trouble, such as being hit in the air, and you can't use an item, or if you just can't use an item fast enough
  • When I fought him, I never used Trinity Limit, well because I forgot to equip it. It helps, because it does lots of damage, but like I said earlier, it uses all your MP. You should use this when you see him teleport, then after, keep dodging, so you're MP is rising wihle you run away, which is a good thing.
  • If there is any other tips, or suggestions, you should post it :D

That's all for now, thanks! I hope this helps anyone that's stuck on him.

Last edited:

lSoral

Well, sorry for the lateness, I just joined the forums. Anyways, thanks for checking out the guide, I hope more people look at this! ^^

NoBoDy ImPoRtAnT

Can someone send me a list of all the abilties to equip and items and all that stuff because I am not doing so well against Sephiroth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back