• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ice-Cold Steel- TBP vs. Shamdeo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
Alright, I challenge Shamdeo to a battle. This one will be different, seeing as we both will not us over powered charaters, and have limited weapons/abilities.

Type: Melee/Power (Mostly Melee)

Judges:
1. DARKNESS-2-LIGHT
2. Blahmaster
3. silent one

I'll post my temp in a minute.

Last edited:

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
Well, Yeah. =/ Your character has way to many power ups and "instakills". Not my type of fight. Make a character that isn't crazy, then we'll talk. Go fight someone like LoC if you want uber explosions flying everywhere constantly.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
I salute you for not giving into the power-mad character craze. I'll judge this worthy battle.

Swag

Young King
Just for that, I'm going to make a totally melee character just for you TBP. Expect to fight him in coming weeks.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Methinks this battle was designed for Raticus; I accept, and will show all of you some hot Raticus pr0n. ( I throw in a template tomorrow. )

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
Name: Arc'Ciel Noir

Homeworld: Hyrule

Race: Hylian

Appearance:

Physical:

Arc has the common qualities found in Hylians, which are the pointy, elf-like ears. His facial and body features include intense, jet black eyes, and a toned, muscular frame from years of training. He stands at an impressive height for his race, totaling at an amazing 6"3. One of his most unusal character traits, however, is his short, dark violet hair. It is hardly noticeable, but he is one of the few Kokiri males born with this hair color.

Attire:
Upon his head, he wears his Zoran Helm, a navy blue helm made by the quatic race of Zora. It is highly durable, and covers his lower mouth, making only his eyes visible. He wears a dark grey breastplate, and underneath Arc is clothed in a black tunic, with a veil of chainmail coating his body underneath that. Beneath he wears a white, thin cloth that extends to his legs, acting as an archaic body-suit of sorts. He dones a brown leather belt, and is equipped with matching guantlets on both of his arms, each of which bear symbols engraved in them. He has black, fingerless gloves, and black, durable boots. And last but not least, he bears a silver earring on his left and right ear.

Personality: Arc's personality can be summed up in a few words. He is serious and to the point, and rarely takes the time for leisurely activities. When he isn't serving the Royal Family, he is training. Though most find him to hard and uptight to warm up to, he is a humble and kind person by nature. He may not seem friendly, but he is forever loyal to his comrades. Because of this, there are few things that can keep him from accomplishing anything he tries to do.

Weapon/s

Melee:

Giant's Knife- A long, massive sword forged by the Goron blacksmith Biggoron who inhabits the volcanic Death Mountain. It is practically indestructable. Normally, this blade is a two-handed sword, but years of training has allowed Arc to swing it using only one hand. The blade is a simmering silver, with a thin, purpule base. Its hilt is made of brown leather, and at its tip a sharp, purple crystal is imbetted. The blade's base, where the blade meets the hilt, the crest of the Gorons shines brightly. Argueably Arc's most powerful blade, this sword his slain many.

Long Range: He also possess a bow and arrow, made from the enchanted wood of the Deku Tree. It is a strong and sturdy bow, with an equally strong string. He has had this particular bow since childhood. His arrows are enchanted with the powers of fire, ice, and light.

Sheild: The typical Hylian Sheild given to members of the Royal Guard. It is a decent sheild, capable of deflecting the most powerful blows. It is quite heavy, but Arc manages to maneuver with ease while carrying it. The symbol of the Triforce is emblazened in its center.

History: Not necessary for this fight. That and I'm still fleshing it out.

Theme Song: Zelda's Lullaby

Battle Theme: Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Boss Theme)

((Waiting for your temp, Sham.))

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
( Our characters seem so much alike; actually, they're REALLY alike. You'd think they'd be long-lost siblings or something. xD Oh, and I'm going to omit the history part of his template, just because I want to avoid any sort of spoilers for Anomaly. I accidentally deleted the template I was working on beforehand, so it's taken longer to post. ;D )

Name | Raticus

Full Name and Title | Sir Raticus Lud Ciennedie of Beruna Ford

Gender | Male

Age | By longevity, he has a physical appearance a man in his early twenties, but approximately ( at this point in his life ), he is 97.

Homeworld | Narnia

Race | Wer-Wolf ( Lycanthrope )

Physical Appearance | He stands at six feet tall and has a medium-strong build. Brown hair falls over his forehead in bangs, while the rest is styled back into a particularly wild fashion. Cream-colored tufts of hair appear around his temples and triangular-shaped ears, one of which has a gold earing. His eyes are golden yellow ( while others of his kind have been known to have white or blue hues ) surrounded by sclera of black. It is this trait that some say make their eyes look hollow and eerie, but the whites of his eyes are pulled back and above his eyelids, rendering them impossible to see. However, because of this trait, Raticus is colorblind; but, through this, he is able to detect movements with ease. His teeth have pronounced canines, and are slightly longer than that of human teeth. Well-groomed and cream-colored hair lines the outer edge ( pinky side ) of his arms.

In his lycanthrope form, Raticus easily ascends to ten feet in height ( provided he'd be on two legs, which isn't always the case ), covered with brown fur 'cept for the creamish hue that spreads from underneath his muzzle across his chest and abdomen to his tail. There is no loss of sentience, lest the transformation be triggered in extreme rage.

Clothing and Equipment | Raticus wears the traditional armor of his country; over a vest of chain mail he wears a green tabard with a golden lion emblazoned in the center. Exquisite dwarvencraft shoulder plates are adorned with indented patters, while two plates extend partways across his collar. Vambraces of the same make cover his forearms, but yet, instead of wearing gloves, Raticus has gauntlets with miniscule blades set in the tips. His pants are also of chainmail, and his leg braces the same make of his other armor. And below that, he simply wears a pair of sturdy yet dirty boots.

His weapon is the knightsword Rhindongrin, made in the like of the High King's weapon Rhindon used in the First Battle of Beruna. Very sharp and durable, it is weilded with one hand, yet the hilt doesn't allow for two. Primarily weilded in his right hand.

His shield is made of mythril, silver-colored with a green lion symbol indented in the center. It is exquisitely dense and easy to maneuver into a defensive position. Primarily weilded in his left hand.

While proficient with spears and bows, he does not carry them with him.

Abilities | Transformation into a lycanthrope, triggered by passing a certain threshhold in heartrate. In humanoid form, he has several abilities that set him apart from normal humanity. He is colorblind, yet able to discern movement better. Raticus also has a keen sense of hearing and smell that allow him more ability to detect an enemies' position, amongst other things. Raticus is also able to jump very high and move his limbs with great strength and gusto. Break Arts; techniques that allow one to break material with better success rate. At this time, he merely knows one art. Magic Break severs magical currents that flow naturally in the air, dispelling any sort of spell that can be cast through the air. It is temporary, and can only be used in position.

Personality | A personality befitting a knight; loyal and courageous, Raticus also knows civility and humility from a humble upbringing. To those who know him as a friend, Raticus is a warm and kind individual beyond a somewhat startling physical complexion. His voice is deep and yet softspoken, a trait similar to men of his kind. A sort of dull, greyish voice. Those who do not look at Raticus as a friend, tend not to see past such things. When not tending to his duties, Raticus enjoys the simple things in life: eating, sleeping in, dancing and music, etc.

Themes | Raticus's Theme ( Vocal ) , Raticus's Theme ( Instrumental ) ,
Battle Theme , Transformed Battle ,
Epic Battle Theme

Last edited:

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
The howl of the wind gave off a soothing whisper, swaying the feild of endless grass. It was a long journey, but he had arrived at last. Arc carried his massive blade over his shoulder, armor clanking faintly has he walked slowly into the middle of the feild. The sunset caused his sword to gleam brilliantly, like a beacon of light. But there was no time to gaze upon such things. Before him stood a man clad in armor. He bore a crest that was unknown to him, and his presence gave a distinct aura. One that Arc had not felt in a long while. He knew this was the man he was searching for. He had chased this man solely on a rumor. And a vague one at that. Apparently, he had slain over 50 mercenaries. Why they were after this enigma, Arc did not know. The thing that had caught his attention was the corpses. They were ripped to shreads...as if they had been mauled by an animal. Arc immediately went to search for this creature, in hopes that he may test his strength. After a long and harrowing quest, that day had came. Arc slowly lifted his blade from his armored shoulder, pointing it at the back off his soon to be opponent. "You are the one known as Raticus the Mauler, are you not? I am Arc'Ciel Noir of Hyrule, and I have come to request an honorable duel.", the man said in a hard, stern tone. He was prepared for a challenge.

((Just to start things off))

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
The sun in the west was afire with orange light, and the Titianesque sky around it made for a perfect backdrop in a land where there was the sun, the earth, the grass, and nothing much else. Or so it seemed. A large fig tree spread high into the sky with open and broad-faced leaves turned up to soak in the day's sunlight. It seemed to be the only one of it's kind visible over the golden horizons; a rarity that a seed should have fallen upon these grounds. These dark green and waxy leaves were often accompanied with fruits ( the figs ) chartreuse but otherwise appetizing. Along with these, there were quaint nests among the arched branches, and many at that. A few birds hopped about the branches; twitterpated conversation about who-knows-what, but one could imagine that if they were able to understand what they were saying, they would be able to detect one thought from another. Some picked the insects off of the fruit and branches of the fig tree. And so, it was as if they lived in a mutual agreement; as the birds consumed the insects vying for the sweet figs, the tree itself returned gratitude by providing them with the only suitable home for many miles. I do wonder if it was the only home they had ever known.

At the bottom of this tree, onesuch had enjoyed a supper of figs and a flask of wine. Although those were the only niceties he was spared, it was sufficient, to say the least. By now, the sun sinking in the horizon was far easier to look at without turning away. This one, named Raticus, had his back to the trunk while his booted feet stood upon the gnarled and burly roots that spread out and found themselves into the earth. It was particularly quiet; then again, this far out into the wilderness, it was bound to be as such, 'cept for when a voice called out to him. Though Raticus had been keen to his footfalls upon the long grasses, it was when he spoke that he designated himself from the simple passerby.

"You are the one known as Raticus the Mauler, are you not? I am Arc'Ciel Noir of Hyrule, and I have come to request an honorable duel."

That alone would draw a smirk and a small nod of his head; and thus, he would lean to his right and step out to face the man. The setting sun's rays hit his back, so he would appear as mildly dark silhouette standing upon the horizon. The lines of his armor and clothing were visible and slightly dipped in light; other than that, his eyes were the only distinguishable feature. They seemed as faded and golden rings partially visible beyond his lids. His chin would raise ever so slightly, beginning to address the man who had referred to him by such an unfitting title.

"Pity what a slide of scuttlebutt will do to good informations; if you stand here for a falsified bounty or otherwise, know that your source has gotten the better of you for what ever pittance of money you paid him."

A shame, he had not planned on being assumed guilty of the murder of fifty or so mercenaries. But in that light, his thoughts touched upon the notion of another, to which he was not too quick to enlighten his guest upon. In foreign land, it was best to be careful with picked words much less picked adversaries.

"Be you of honest merit, I know nonesuch..."

Raising his left foot upon a vein of root, his right gauntleted hand lowered and clasped around a leather strap laying on the ground. While not visible at first, it became known that it was a belt fitted around one's waist to keep hilted sword and sheath at one's side. As he began to strap it on, a few words seeped out of his mouth, carried by the unusually deep and raspy tone of his voice.

"If you wish to fight an honorable duel, show me regard to which bounds we must adhere... Lest your words prove naught; I show little for those who would."

Above them, it seemed as though all had gone quiet.

Last edited:

frisson

Silver Member
Ah, so we finally have more people getting into melee. I dunno why, I just like it better than power character battles.

Zearth

Ashy to Classy
OOC: I've always used melee. This is just my first time battling with it. And sorry for the delay. I'll try to post more frequently.

The man's...no, mabye man wasn't the best word. Gazing through his eyes, Arc found himself mystified in a subtle sense. This mystification had nudged at his consciousness, and told him one thing. The one before him was not of this world. His golden pupils stared deep into his own, giving him a straight, unwavering glare, and his lips curled, revealing his dog-like canines. He began to speak in a strong accent, which seemed to be a mix of Hylian and something else. Arc was able to decern most of his speech, picking out the bits and pieces of Hylian he could understand. Words like "honest merit" and "falsified bounty" were spoken in almost perfect Hylian, while the remaining came off as mere babble. The enigma grasped his shealthed sword, and before long, all had gone quiet once more. Arc had made sure Raticus had finished speaking, before opening his mouth. "I' am not completely sure if I understand you outsider, but it appears the rumors spoken of you were unfounded. I apologize for my insensitive words, but I have sought you out for a different purpose. When I had first heard of your description, I had invisioned a beast from the Twilight Realm, but you are obviously not the a denizen of that world. Nevertheless, you are not of this world.", the Hylian knight said in an echo, his hollow black mask muffling his voice. He extended his blade in his right hand, and readied his sturdy sheild in his left.

"I wish to escape this world, and you will be the one to open the door. The idea is a simple one. I do not plan on taking your life, so you may choose to cross swords with me, or surrender peacefully. Which one will it be, Sir Raticus?", Arc spoke in a stern, assured tone. He was prepared for a duel of the most blood boiling manner. Gripping the hilt of his sword, his jet black orbs stared back into the one before him, humbly awaiting his reaction.

Last edited:

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Raticus returned the glare that was cast upon his form, past the blade bore at him. It was broken when he glanced downward, pulling his arms away from each other; in doing this, Raticus was unsheathing his very own weapon. As he pulled the leather sheath, the golden sun danced across the embroidered designs thereupon, cord laces swinging softly below. As the sword was unsheathed, a dull ring would sound, along with the crisp slide of metal one often heard whilst unsheathing a weapon. His left hand slapped the sheath ( which was attached to a belt ) across his waist, allowing for the belt itself to flap loosely around his waist. Maneuvering his his left hand, Raticus began fastening the buckle together; in his right hand, he would jostle his weapon so that it would make quick and fluid rotations in the air, working the bubbles out of the cracks between the joints in his hands. As he did this, he was strangely quiet, as if he were absorbing what the Hylian had told him. When he did speak, it was sort of soft and jaded, as if he were unsure of what the other had said.

"You long to see other worlds, do you?"

His head cocked lightly to the left, more or less interested.

"I think you happened upon the wrong sort for that wish."

His sword stopped swinging through the air, as he stooped on one knee to clasp his shield in his left hand. Once secure, he raised his sword again, but this time, the hilt was held just below his chin with the blade perpendicular to his gaze. Those eyes of his floated up and down it's entirety, seemingly examining it. With a clockwise swivel of his wrist, his eyes became visible to the stranger again, with the blade as if it had divided his face in twain.

"Pity, really. Such a nice place, this land is. Why would anyone want to bother to leave it?"

Although that prompt seemed inward, Raticus would only assume that the Hylian man would respond with some sort of answer pertaining to just why he wanted to travel to other worlds. Despite it being risky business, such secrets as these were well-guarded for a reason: as to prevent the meddling of affairs between worlds. Not that he was the upholder of such a common law, but it was the results of which that were to be taken more seriously.

Though it seemed pointed, Raticus had in fact told the truth in the fact that it truly was a splendid world, but even that had made him pine for the world of home.

Holding his sword upright and with shield in steady, Raticus would stand upon one of the massive roots that stemmed down into the earth, leaning on the balls of his feet. His knees bent ever so slightly, just as his calves tensed and relaxed rhythmically with his breathing.

"Right, then. In proving your wit in battle, will I reveal to you the path to other worlds. Now, since you've done us the honor in initiating this duel, might I suggest you make the first move."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back