• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► In the Eye of the Beholder

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Eye of the Beholder:

Chapter One.

“Come on Sora, you can do better than that!” Riku taunted.

Motivated by those words the young boy pushed forward with strong intensity, swinging his durably lengthy stick from behind with utmost power. Riku laughed as the smack of their sticks echoed throughout the breezy island air. The bright, hot sun beaming down on his sleek, silver hair made him feel strong. He leapt back abruptly, breaking the heat from their stick to stick friction. Riku casually stepped up the trunk of the papou fruit tree and then turned to gaze into his friends blue eyed stare. Sora stood firm, gripping the end of his stick and holding it upright ready to attack. His eyes were squinted in determination and his teeth bared as sweat trickled down the side of his face.

“Hey Sora, quit gawking. What, are you afraid or something?” Riku mockingly spoke, motioning forward with his hand.

Sora breathed heavy in frustration, dropping his stance as a sign to his drooping energy.

“Not giving up yet, I hope.” Riku inquired.

“Not for a second!” Sora spoke out with a sly grin as his feet pounded up the base of their favorite landmark.

Riku reached out with his stick, striking the belly of the rushing boy, who immediately fell back onto the sandy earth, bottom first. Recovering surprisingly quickly, he stood up and ran fast towards Riku, who was just landing his feet back on the ground. Sora swiped his stick to the side of him quickly. His eyes were closed, focusing on his target with his mind. Riku had only seconds to react to this agile strike. *SMACK* His long straight hair blew upwards as he ducked fast, the stick missing him by inches. Sora opened his eyes just in time to see a coconut fall from the palm tree he had managed to hit. The vibrations from the contact made his body quiver. he was panting for air, sweaty and disheveled.

“Alright, let’s end this,” spoke Riku with authority, “I’m getting bored.”

At that thought he stood up, lifting his stick with both hands, positioning it behind him for power. He swung, hitting Sora directly in the shoulder and following through with a swipe across the chest. The blow sent sora spiraling down to the ground sending sand sweeping up into the atmosphere.

“Ahh..!” Riku cried as the sand blinded him and began to swirl about.

His surroundings became blurred and he could barely make out Sora laying in a lifeless heap. The air grew dark and the sand thick. Riku’s reflexive muscles clasped his eyelids shut in defense. His ears burned from the endless whooshing of the debris. His strands of hair were coming across his face like whips.

Every inch of his body felt weak as he screamed, “SORA!”

Suddenly, in a moments time, the sand was gone. The air felt cool, but there not even a fraction of a breeze present. There was a dry stale taste in the air. He could feel the emanating darkness even with his eyes still closed. His hair was hanging messily beside his pale face, however not as if 90 mile per hour winds had wrestled with him. He opened his eyes.

He didn’t feel the warmth of bark against his closed palm. Instead the chill of metal was immanent through his glove. He was holding a blood red handle belonging to a peculiar weapon. The blade of purest black color. Covering his body was a sculpted uniform that moved easily with his body. Shades of dark purple and red danced throughout the sleep black design. A ghostly white skirt buckled about his waist trailed behind him. He was no longer wearing his favorite, yellow, sleeveless vest nor his comfy, blue jeans that complimented the surf of the islands beach. But that didn’t matter because there was no water in sight.

Instead, surrounding him on the circular platform was large, thick, copper machinery. Although most of the room was dark, Riku could feel a powerful light source shimmer down upon his back. He slowly turned his muscular body and looked up into the colorful light. it was the heart of Hollow Bastion; the symbol of the city that had been taken over by Malificient and her heartless minions.

It wasn't until now that Riku finally understood the events prior to his awakening. There, collapsed on the cold, stone floor lay the body of his dearest friend, Sora. His chest was gapping open with a long purple wound displaying signs of Riku’s dark power. Next to him, the angelic figure of Kairi, the girl they both had sought to save, lay untouched however lifeless. Staring, moon-faced at the absurd scene, a tear fell from Riku’s forest green eye.

Yeah the beginning is kinda slow.. sorry bout that. But I do hope you keep reading!
Thanks for the comment.

Chapter Two.

“What have I done?” Riku whispered, “Did I really do this? Did I really kill him?”

“Ohhh no!” squeaked a unique voice from behind.

“Sooraa..!” yelled another deeper wavering voice.

A feathery white duck brandishing a gleaming mage’s staff and adorning a royal blue wizarding uniform rushed forward. Not far behind him approached a tall dog-like man carrying a sturdy knights shield to his left. Sparks of green rapidly shot out from the duck’s staff as he attempted every curing spell he knew.

Riku, barely being able to breathe, opened his mouth, “He won’t come back,” not entirely believing the words himself.

“Ooo.. You’ll pay for this Ansem!” the duck screamed at Riku hastily making his way forward holding out his weapon with little potential.

It is I, Ansem, the seeker of darkness.
The words echoed through Riku’s mind like a far away dream.

Suddenly, thick grey smoke began to breath up from the deep wound on Sora’s body, taking everyone’s attention. A shimmering glow filtered through the dark cloud and they could all see a faint light come from deep within. This light, increasingly getting stronger, broke through the smoke, revealing itself to be a large heart. The heart floated further up along with everyone’s gaze, which it had locked. Without warning, beams of violent magenta sprang forth from the floating organ, splitting it in two. The two pieces visibly were two separate hearts of immense power. The one continued to float upward, high above grasp, until it was out of sight. No gravity spell performed by the duck could ever bring it back. The other heart mysteriously began to descend downwards until it was floating directly over Kairi’s lifeless chest. A bright, white light broke forth into the air, blinding the morose audience for a moment. Darkness cascaded through the room once again. Sora’s body was gone, leaving no physical trace of his existence a part from the keyblade with lay cold on the stone.

“Kairi!” the tall dog-like man yelped.

Riku shot his gaze over to the familiar girl and saw her chest begin to heave up and down.

Riku, confused and still in shock that his only true friend had just been killed at his hand, went into panic. He couldn’t turn back time and make things right, make Sora come back. But he had to protect the one thing precious to them both.

“Quick, take Kairi and get out of here as swiftly as you can! Theres a passageway beyond that hallway that will take you the quickest and safest route back to the entrance. You must get out of here!” Riku pleaded with the unusual pair who had accompanied Sora, “GO!”

With confused stares, the duck and his friend quickly jumped up and grabbed hold of each of Kairi’s arms dragging her off down the path.

“Ri..Riku?” Kairi spoke trying to turn her head back at him in a voice that seemed as though she were half asleep.

Riku didn’t look at her. He couldn’t look at her. Thoughts of her finding out how he had slayed Sora poured into his mind like a deathly flood. He could never go back.

Lectori Salutem

secretly sadistic
Of course I'll keep reading!
At least till I'm bored of it, wich I'm not!!!

In your story Riku wins... That explains some...

Chapter two was a little short maybe, you don't have to rush if some one says I want the next chapter...
Other then that, it was good...

oh nah I wasnt rushingIi actually have lots already written it was just a good stopping point.
thanks very much though!

Chapter Three.

A gleam on floor caught his eye. The Keyblade. The thing that had distanced them so. Made them so different. It was so elegant in Sora’s hands. He was good at it, Riku knew this.

Why couldn’t you be good enough to defend yourself, Sora? Why did you fail? Riku thought accusingly as anger billowed up through his shoulders.

Why couldn’t you have defeated me instead?

Immense guilt swallowed Riku up inside. He tried to hold back but he couldn’t breathe. Finally, escaping himself from his dark emotionless prison, Riku knelt down and wept. Salty tears gleamed down his soft cheeks. His facSaturday, February 25, 2040. 8:10:49 am.e pinkened from its contorted shape. Attempting to pull himself together Riku wiped his face with his shaking hands and opened his eyes.

The Keyblade. With sudden curiosity, Riku reached forward and picked up the mysterious weapon. It was light as a feather. The chain of the handle dangled, making small clinking noises that echoed throughout the large empty space. Riku swiped the blade outward in a powerful combo. Taking him by surprise the blade began to twitch, as if it had a mind of its own. Riku brought his other arm up and clasped on to the handle with both hands. He had no control as the weapon shook his arms and chest violently, as if trying to break free. The Keyblade pulled Riku forward towards the heart of Hollow Bastion. There in the center of the icon, Riku saw a keyhole.

“When did that happen?” Riku said bewildered, just noticing the strange addition that certainly had not been there before.

The Keyblade suddenly stopped twitching and locked into place, level with the keyhole.

“So this is what Ansem wanted? This is all? Just a simple twist of the Keyblade to unlock this Keyhole that has been right here all this time? I am such a fool...” Riku sighed.

With a deep, calm breath in, Riku held the Keyblade tightly. His hands were perspiring, leaving the handle slick with his sweat. Riku jerked the blade to the side. *click* The Keyhole diminished from sight.

“Take that, Ansem.” he whispered under his breath and with that the Keyblade disappeared like dust and Riku was alone.

“I’ve got to get out of here,” and on those words he turned and ran.

From a high tower in the castle of Hollow Bastion a hooded figure stood next to Malificient watching the small figure of a boy run down the icy cliffs and out of the city.

“The child has betrayed you, Ansem.” spoke Malificient.

“Yes. His heart was stronger than I foresaw,” replied the hooded figure, “I expected a reaction when he discovered had killed his own friend but I am terribly disappointed he left without saying goodbye...”

“He also sealed the Keyhole,” she reminded, “He has altered our plans greatly. Perhaps a bad investment on your part, Ansem.”

“Do not judge my decisions! That boy was a key component in defeating the keyblade wielder. Without him we would be nowhere. Plus, we still have Kingdom Hearts. Malificient you are not perfect yourself as we so found out earlier with that little dragon incident? Didn’t we?” the hooded figure retorted.

“I had no control! All my knowledge of my own power had vanished.. I had no time to harness the darkness to use it properly.. The darkness it was simply too strong... ” Malificient pleaded.

“Defeated by a little boy.. how pathetic. Don’t ever think of patronizing me again.

“I’m sorry, sir. I was just rather disappointed with Riku’s reactions after we had given him so much and put ultimate trust on his behalf.” Malificient replied.

“Well, every action has an equal and opposite reaction, yes?” the hooded figure inquired, “Don’t expect him to be finished.”

“Let us give him some trouble then, shall we?” Malificient said with amusement.

Laughing she drew forth power from the orb on her staff. Thrusting open her palm she emitted a sheen of dark magic into the air that spread and diminished like dust.

“Good luck finding your way home, my child.” she cackled, turning and walking off into the darkness, leaving the hooded figure all alone.

Last edited:

Haku

<3
Very nice chapter, its getting better and better with each new addition.

giuocob

This is amazing. Seriously, this is up there with the best fictions on the site. The plot is interesting and your writing style is excellent. Keep it up!

Thank you guys for the comments! They are greatly appreciated.. no doubt about that. I hope the story will continue to hold your interest.

Chapter Four.

Riku was running. He didn’t know where he was going but he had to get away, there was nothing for him in Hollow Bastion. Kairi was safe. Sora was...

Riku ripped at the thick costume, tight on his neck. He tore through the layers and threw the scraps of clothing to the icy ground. His chest was bate. he felt weak. With ultimate disgust, Riku held up his hand producing a dark cloud of magic that increasingly grew larger until it was as large as himself. With one foot forward, Riku stepped into the thick blackness.

Stepping back out, he found himself in the blurry existence between worlds. He had no vessel leaving him completely vulnerable to anything that should cross his path in these uncharted territories.

“If that’s the last time I use dark magic, it will be too soon,” spoke Riku truthfully, “Man, Riku, your not even making any sense anymore.”

Riku shook his head to clear him of such obscurity. When he took up talking to himself, he couldn’t recall.

“Well, there’s no place to go but forward.” Riku stepped on beginning his journey destined to take him seemingly nowhere.

He walked for hours. Occasionally he would see a distant gummi ship cruise past and he would wonder if Kairi was on the ship, sailing to safety. Where would they take her? Destiny Islands was practically all swallowed up..

Sometimes Riku would walk over a rift in the spacious sea of nonexistence and fall through the gap to a new layer. he was tired, starving and above all, lonesome.

“This is my fate. Why couldn’t I have listened to Sora? Together we could have teamed up. We would have been unstoppable. Instead of here, I’d be back on the island with him and Kairi, watching the sun set. Oh how beautiful the light was.”

He just started to notice the grey around him that became darker and darker as he immersed himself farther down the endless path. Feeling suffocated, Riku turned around in attempt to run back to the clear empty abyss he had been moments before. However as he struggled his way back he only found himself more lost in the darkness.

Riku screamed to anyone who could hear, but it was as if the darkness consumed his cries. Fed off of his agony and only grew more wicked. The darkness seemed to reach inside and envelope his insides. Nothing was protected. Riku sat down, feeling helpless and alone.

Unaware that he had fallen into a deep sleep, Riku awoke with a start. Through the dark, a pair of gleaming, buttery yellow eyes held his stare. A blink from the creature only put him back into the unfriendly darkness that by now he had become accustomed to. Suddenly the faint pair of eyes he had just seen began to multiply. He was surrounded by ticking orbs floating ever towards him.

Fear of instinct rose deep within Riku. Fear he had not felt ever in his life. The black creatures that seemed to melt into his surroundings had crawled within inches of him. Abruptly, as if their minds were connected, the strange beings, which Riku could now determine as shadow heartless, leapt up onto him.

He fought to free himself from the attack, flailing his arms and legs wildly. It was as if, however, the shadows had become a part of him. They clinged to his struggling yet helpless body. Their breath flowed through his lungs as he gasped desperately for air. he had no strength to fight and he was losing himself.

“Riku!” the familiar voice of his former companion echoed through his head and coursed through his veins. He felt his heart, strong inside his chest beating like a war drum. Inspired, Riku stood up with a new found sense of strength that he came to realize as true friendship. Throwing around his arms and legs he beat the shadows away form him. More shadows worked their way out of the thick, noticing the new threat. Riku fought and fought for an advantage, but it was no use, the shadows persisted. It was endless. Riku collapsed in defeat and felt the heartless crawl through him in delight.

As all light, figuratively speaking, faded, Riku almost felt grateful that his disgraceful life was coming to a literal end. It was hard for him now to even remember the moments when he had life in him. A prism of light broke through the dark and the shadows rigidly split away in mechanical motions. A calm, cool sensation washed over Riku.

Is this death? He thought of Sora.

A petite silhouette of a unique figure could be seen as the only producer of this haven of light.

“God..?” Riku whispered out curiously with all hope.

“Why certainly not..” said the high-pitched voice, as the figure stepped forward through the light so brilliant. It faded bringing Riku back to the cold black surroundings and when his eyes adjusted he could see the figure’s smiling face. “The names Mickey.”

oh good im glad you liked it.

next chapter will be up tomorrow.. its much longer then the others.. mainly dialouge though..
so thanks again. ;D

Chapter Five.

Riku hesitated, “..Mickey?”

“Yes, King Mickey in fact,” he answered, “Far from God though I’m afraid.”

“Your a King?” Riku asked confused, “Wait, so you know God then?”

“Hm. Don’t believe so. I’m King of Disney Castle, which is simply just another one of our worlds,” King Mickey replied casually.

“So I’m not dead?” Riku said exasperated.

“Heaven’s no! Sorry no pun intended.” Mickey said with a giggle.

“My name is Riku by the way.”

“Riku you say? Its nice to have some company for a change.”

Riku wasn’t sure if he should feel relieved or disappointed. This so called King, who had saved him from danger, was wearing a thick, dark, hooded cloak that looked pitch black in the darkness. He had large, round ears that stuck upwards out the sides of his head. He had a sharp protruding snout with a button nose at the tip. Just below that he bared a wide, genuine grin, making Riku feel at ease with his new found friend.

“So I see you have found yourself lost in darkness too.” The king finally said, breaking the silence.

“Lost in darkness? What do you mean?” Riku said, even though it was pretty obvious being their surroundings what he meant.

“Well you have opened your heart to the darkness. I can see it in your appearance. Some times one may become lost in it, and that’s where we find ourselves here.” the King explained.

“How long have you been here?” Riku asked, scared of what the answer might be.

“It’s hard to say, you lose track of time here. Minutes feel like days. You fall asleep and when the nightmares come it’s hard to separate it from reality. When you wake up you had no idea you were sleeping.”

King Mickey and Riku sat in the darkness, side by side conversing all the while. It was hard for Riku not to feel close to this stranger he had just met. He felt a strong connection to this short little king that he had only felt with Sora, as he told Riku of his trials in the darkness. Riku’s heart felt full again.

“How did you become lost in the darkness?” Riku asked.

“I was out looking for a man that might hold the answers to some very important questions.”

“Did you ever find him?”

“Not yet.”

“Not yet? What do you mean? It’s not like your going to find him here in this deathly place.” Riku said almost rudely.

“You must not lose hope. Thoughts like that are all it takes to weaken your heart and fall prone to those awful heartless creatures. There is always light, Riku. Even in the darkest places.” Mickey held up his arm that had been hidden on the other side of his cloak.

In his hand was a gleaming blade, as it emulated light. This blade so familiar to Riku he almost didn’t believe his eyes, “A Keyblade? Wha.. where did you get that?”

“So you are familiar with the Keyblade? Let me ask you of your knowledge of it,” asked the King taken aback as well.

“My friend.. Sora.. he had one. A Keyblade, I mean. But he was “the chosen one” and Malificient, they were after him. He was ruining their plans, all because of that Keyblade. And then.. and then.. I killed him. My own friend. Why..?” Riku spoke as if talking to himself.

“You killed the Keyblade wielder.. oh my oh my.. and the keyhole?”

“I locked it. I had to.”

“And what about Kairi?” the king asked.

“Kairi’s safe, I hope. She was taken by this awkward pair that had been Sora’s new friends after we were separated,” Riku answered, “Wait, how do you know about Kairi?”

“Ohh yes Donald and Goofy. So they did find the Keyblade weilder like I requested. I know more than you think, Riku.”

Riku was astonished to discover his new friend’s amazing knowledge of the outside world from which he had came. He knew all about the heartless and how they were taking over the worlds and Malificients plans to take control. He also knew of Sora, not by name but rather by title, the Keyblade wielder. Riku told him of his fall to the dark power and his betrayal to his friend. It was hard to talk outwardly about, but he knew it needed to be said. A swell of saddness burrowed in Riku’s chest and his guilt was brought back to focus.

“This man? That you are trying to find, that will answer all of the questions about these heartless? Take me with you to find him. Please. I need you to take me with you.” Riku pleaded.

“I’m afraid that is not the path for you to take now.” Mickey said letting him down.

“Why? What do you mean? And you never answered how you have a keyblade too. Why isn’t Malificient after you? Why did Sora have to go around risking his life when you could have done it? He was my only friend! And I killed him!” Riku said spitting the words out, tears silently spilling down his face.

“It doesn’t work that way-”

“How does it work? I want answers too!” Riku said cutting him off.

“Yes. Yes. I have failed to answer your question. Mind my manners,” Mickey said apologetically, “Keyblades choose their masters, like your friend Sora. But in order to hold a Keyblade you must have a strong heart. Sora had the strongest heart any Keyblade has ever experianced. He is the chosen one. He is the only one that could have done what he did. What we hadn’t expected was for you, Riku,” at this Riku looked up into his companion’s eyes and saw that he was smiling, “You also have a strong heart.”

Riku felt the repetitive thump in his chest. He could almost hear it.

“When Ansem took over your body, he also took control of your heart,” choosing his words carefully, the king went on, “Ansem’s power combined with your heart, conquered over Sora and his Keyblade.”

King Mickey looked at Riku. His shoulders were slouched down with his arm rested over his pinned up knee. His face was covered by his sleek hair but Mickey could still tell he was crying. Faint whimpers broke the silence.

“It’s not your fault, Riku,” Mickey consoled, “You should know that.”

Suddenly, Riku felt a strange sensation form at the center of his palm.

“What’s this..?” Riku said holding out his hand away from his body as if it were dangerous.

Riku and King Mickey both watched intently. Suddenly, a cloud of smokey mold extended from Riku’s fingertips. A flash of light stunned the pair and when they looked back the smoke was gone. In it’s place, laying comfortably in Riku’s hand was Sora’s Keyblade. Speechless, Riku looked up at Mickey. He had a huge grin on his face, larger than the one that seemed to remain there permanently.

“How unusual..” the king said with a cheer.

“What? What?!” Riku said, confused and panicked.

“Why, isn’t it obvious?” The king answered with a giggle, “The Keyblade has chosen you! You of all people, how curious.”

“What? Why me? This can’t be possible, I don’t deserve this!” Riku said alarmed.

Before Mickey could reply a massive shaft of radiant light shot forth from the Keyblade, pulling Riku’s arm out straight.

“WahhahhooHOo!” Mickey giggled.

Riku looked at the king with a sideways glance. He couldn’t help but smile at the cheerful showing of his face. The light hit something solid and as it did it outlined it rapidly with a million incriptions up and down the face of the stone. Riku could see it was a door, bold and beautiful. Riku felt as if the lustrous doorway was beckoning him forward.

“Go on,” Mickey said grabbing Riku’s attention, “You weren’t afraid of the darkness, don’t tell me your afraid of the light! Not after it has made such a welcoming entrance for you!” Mickey grinned.

“Aren’t you coming with?” Riku asked suddenly anxious, “I mean.. I can’t just leave you.”

“Sure ya can.” Mickey said matter a factly, “That door is not for me. Don’t worry, I’m sure we will cross paths again.”

“Well, until then, I suppose. I hope you find who you’re looking for.” Riku said with little hope.

Mickey nodded, “Good luck.”

Riku turned towards the glorious entry laid before him. With a fresh sense of pride he straightened his shoulders and approached the gateway.

im terribly sorry about the super late post for this chapter! But here it is:

Chapter Six.

Warmth filtered through his mind. He felt strong again. The brilliant light that illuminated all of his body seemed to repair all that had been lost in the darkness. For a moment he no longer felt famished or tired. The lonesomeness was gone and all he could feel was the light.

The light from the portal began to fade and the sharp pain in his stomach due to extreme hunger returned. His throat felt chalky and dry again. He felt solid ground beneath his feet and as he looked around he found himself in a very welcoming town. He recognized the place; he had been there before.

People were walking about the square, conversing and working. To his left he could see a quaint little outdoor café, decorated with candles at every table. To his right was a giant set of doors. There were people everywhere.

Riku walked through the square up towards the large stone stairway that led to an assortment of shops. Riku opened the door and stepped inside.

“Welcome! Is there anything I can do for ya? We just got some lovely defense chains in earlier this week,” a jovial, plump man said from behind the counter.

“Actually, I just arrived in town,” Riku said looking at a brick, red fireplace to his right that warmed his aching bones.

“Why, a mighty good welcome to ya. So, you’ll be needin’ a place to stay while yer here, eh? And some clothes by the look of it.. You must be starving. Why don’t you head on down to that café down there in the square and I’ll tell em’ to meet ya down there.”

“Thanks.” Riku sighed.

Riku walked back down to the square and asked the woman for a table.

“Oh dear, me! Are you another one who has lost their world to the heartless?”

“Yeah.. swallowed up by the darkness.”

“Well don’t you worry, we’ll have some supper in you in no time and you’ll just as soon forget about your troubles,” replied the kind lady.

Just as she requested not a minute later was she back out by his table serving him a beautiful turkey dinner, with all the trimmings. Riku stabbed his fork into the plump meat and devoured the plate quickly. The food was delicious and almost did actually make him forget his troubles. Suddenly, Riku saw a young boy making his way over to his table from across the square.

“Riku? Is that really you?”

“Tidus? Hey, long time no see, huh...” Riku said surprised.

“Yeah, where have you been? I thought you had gotten swallowed up by the darkness just like the rest of our island. I’ve been here since the storm. Oh yeah! Sora was here earlier, too! You should of seen him, it was amazing! He took out this humoungous creature the last time he was here! It was incredible! He’s a natural hero. If I see him around, I’ll make sure to tell him your here. Oh yeah, and if you ever want to bat the old stick around, let me now, alright? I’ve been practicing.”

“Sounds good. “ Riku said forcing a smile and fighting back the urge to let out a tear along with the truth.

The kind woman swung around by his table again, “Would you like seconds, then?”

“Nah.. I’m not really hungry anymore. Thank you.” Riku spoke sullenly.

He pushed his plate out of the way and put his head down on the table. Everything had happened so fast, he hardly understood how he had arrived in this place when only days before he had been in service with Malificient. He thought of their conversations. He didn’t even know the person in his memories. He was a stranger to himself.

“Oh boy! You have got some nerve showing up here!” squeaked a familiar voice as Riku was got wrapped on the head with a heavy mallet.

“Now Donald, take it easy..”

“Ah phooey, Goofy.”

Riku lifted his head to come face to face with the unusual pair that had helped Sora, “Whoa, hold on. Hold on.”

Riku stood up quickly, lifting his arms in from of his body as to guard him. The Keyblade flashed into presence in his grip, sensing the danger.

“The Keyblade?!” squealed the duck.

“Donald. Goofy. I believe those are your names, correct? Riku asked.

“Yess...” the pair answered.

“Maybe you should have a seat so I can offer my explanation?”

“Hmph.” the duck scowled stubbornly.

They sat down and over some cheese and bread, Riku told them his side of the story.

“YOU FOUND THE KING?!!?” Donald cried out in ecstasy, “Well how is he? Huh? How is the King?”

“He’s just fine,” Riku answered.

“Just fine!? You mean he’s hurt? Oh no.. this is bad.. very bad.” Donald got up from his seat and began pacing around the cafe.

“That’s not so important right at this moment, Donald,” a voice from behind Riku spoke.

From out of the shadows walked a tall man with natural dirt brown hair that wisped across his shoulders, out of his face. His black vest was tattered and his jeans dirty. The blade he carried was thick and intimidating. The handle was that of a revolver.

“Leon? When did you get here?” Goofy asked.

“Ah, I’ve been here the whole time. Gotta eat sometime, right?” Leon said with a sly grin.

“That’s for sure!” Donald said.

“I’m Riku.” Riku firmly spoke.

“I know who you are. I’ve heard a lot about you. Varying reviews in fact. So who’s side are you on?” Leon spoke down to Riku.

Riku hesitated for a moment, “Sora’s.”

“Well, we’ll see about that. Come on.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back