• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Infamous 2 Cole's New Look???

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dcasd1

I played the first Infamous and i loved it and i plan on getting Infamous 2 which looks like it'll even be better than the first. But i have to ask whats with Cole's new look???

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
This deserved its own thread???

Sucker Punch said that the Cole from the first game didn't turn out to be the way they imagined Cole to be. They didn't like his voice actor, or in some cases his personality, and found it to not be very heroic. His design was also wholly generic (see: space marine) and they wanted to stylize him a bit (which makes sense considering how stylized their Sly Cooper series is).

The game's only 7% done, his design is very early, and it will change before launch in 2011.

Dcasd1

really i didn't know that. then why'd they put him in the trailer like that aren't they suppose to organize everything before?

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Sony calls the shots on when their studios can announce their IPs. They probably asked Sucker Punch to announce it in time for E3, even though the game won't be out until next year.

And character designs usually change and improve in games all the way up to release. This was even the case with Cole from the first inFAMOUS. If you find early shots from the first trailer, he looks different from the way he does in the final game.

Dcasd1

oh ok thanks my question was answered pretty quickly lol

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
I like his new look. I haven't played the first but seeing him in videos etc. I just hated the look of him for some reason, Now he looks way better.

Dcasd1

what was the matter with his old look. ok he looked alittle menacing but it just showed that not all heroes are joyful and happy people.

Dcasd1

i would be if my girlfriend was killed by myself from the future to prepare me for an evil beast that threatened the entire world lol.

D

Deleted member 71005

I wasn't really a fan of the design that appeared on the Gameinformer cover. But if they continue to improve like they have been then there's no reason to complain. Having seen the new screens I agree that he looks better than he did, I hope they continue to improve upon it and maybe find a way to incorporate some of his original gruffness.

Hopefully he'll get a more original outfit as well...

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
what was the matter with his old look. ok he looked alittle menacing but it just showed that not all heroes are joyful and happy people.

idk, He just looks like a Zombie redneck douche bag that belong in Starwas as a Sith lol.

3378789783_903a754c0c_b.jpg

Dcasd1

yeah that picture does look pretty scary lol. but if they did use that new cole for the 2nd infamous i can't really see him having a dark side. he looks kind of...dumb

D

Deleted member 71005

Only thing I don't like is Nathan Drakeness of him so far. I like Nathan Drake but I don't wanna play as hims clone in inFamous.

Dcasd1

he doesn't look like nathan proably his personality is similar but this cole has tatoo's, and is much younger than drake.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
I'd say a lot of people look like Nathan Drake. He is, after all, a portrayal of the "every-man".

But Cole has an incredibly different personality from Nate.

Not enough people in video games look like normal people (which they want Cole to be..). Where's that space marine .jpeg when you need it....

Dcasd1

ok fine...he does look "alittle" like drake. but cole looks more out there i mean who walks around him that large thing on there back.

Agoraphobia

beautiful days
Awards
New Cole is awesome. Old Cole looked like an asocial asshole who hates everything, which is boring and lame. New Cole is fabulous and looks more positive, which is way better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back