• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Riku's Replica one of the 13 Darkness?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ryushin5

Website
carnivalranger.deviantart.com
So I don't know if this was asked before but after watching the KH3 trailer again and replaying Dream Drop Distance it made me wonder something. Do you think Riku's Replica one of the 13 Darkness? The fact that Riku in the trailer said he would leave the Way of Dawn for the other him and that the 13 contain a fragment of Xehanort in them. I would assume since Riku was possessed by Xehanort's Heartless back in KH1 he would be a candidate but since he's with the realm of light his Replica would be a good replacement. Also the fact that Riku's Replica was walking around in the organization cloak is really making me lean towards it being true.

What do you guys think?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
That plot thread was certainly left a mystery on purpose. It would definitely be cool to have Riku Replica return in KH3, and have Riku literally fight with his dark side. In the same way that Vanitas appeared in DDD for 2 seconds and was then later revealed to be a Seeker, it's certainly possible the same is true of whatever that Riku clone was, be it Riku Replica or somehow something else entirely.

raccoonscity

Website
raccoonscity.tumblr.com
Just to clarify, we don't have an actual confirmation on who the Riku in DDD was supposed to be. Some are speculating that it could be a time travelling version of KH1 Riku when he was possessed by Ansem.

(Personally, I find Repliku more likely/appealing and would like to see Riku vs Repliku again, and contrast him with Xion as well.)

It's certainly a possibility but it's not confirmed. We might not know until KH3 comes out.

Hallowseve

I think he would be a great seeker of darkness. That cameo in KHDDD, it had to mean something. Also, does anyone truly perish in KH? I can definitely see him returning.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I hope it's him, but IDK about being a Seeker. It wouldn't make much sense if Riku is suspecting the Replica to need the Way to the Dawn if it's an enemy that they will have to overcome, plus Repliku seemed pretty dead set on becoming something different than what Riku had been, so I feel like he wouldn't want to stay on the path of Darkness. Plus, I really hope he looks different from Riku, a completely different hairstyle and outfit would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back