• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Jungle Book?!?! WTH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I believe they were removed due to the Behemoth being huge and the little laser dudes were already there as flying enemies.

And by Behemoth being too huge, it might have lagged the game really bad if there had been two at once.

Size matters not. If they don't have many polygons on them it won't matter the size. Size of the polygons are just coordinates. What would make a difference is how many polygons were on there which weren't a lot.

Plus even if it would cause lag they could've easily make 100 soldier Heartless and have them respawn while the background would have sprites of a battle to create the illusion you're fighting an army. They did something similar to that in BBS when you had to fight an army of those floating mushroom unversed.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Size matters not. If they don't have many polygons on them it won't matter the size. Size of the polygons are just coordinates. What would make a difference is how many polygons were on there which weren't a lot.

Plus even if it would cause lag they could've easily make 100 soldier Heartless and have them respawn while the background would have sprites of a battle to create the illusion you're fighting an army. They did something similar to that in BBS when you had to fight an army of those floating mushroom unversed.

Uhh what makes you think size doesn't matter LOL?? Birth By Sleep has many many many many polygons. It's graphics are pretty identical to PS2, but a step below. The size of a dual layer UMD is 1.8gb while the actual UMD is about 1.56gb. Not to mention the data installs that process the game and load the game.
Hell, even Enchanted Dominion lags with a Data install.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Uhh what makes you think size doesn't matter LOL?? Birth By Sleep has many many many many polygons. It's graphics are pretty identical to PS2, but a step below. The size of a dual layer UMD is 1.8gb while the actual UMD is about 1.56gb. Not to mention the data installs that process the game and load the game.
Hell, even Enchanted Dominion lags with a Data install.

You don't know what I mean by size matters not do you? See, I actually work on 3D modelling and animating so I know what I'm talking about. What I'm saying with "Size" was the literal X-Y-Z size, not the file size. What matters is how many polygons there are. THAT is what inreases file sizes in modeling. But if there are very few polygons that are large (as in not the file size but the actual size of each polygon) it won't really matter. Because the size of polygons are really just coordinates of each point in a polygon being expanded further left, right and all around. If you actually add polygons THEN the file increases.

You just misunderstood what I was saying.

And I bet anybody without 3D modelling experience isn't going to understand what I'm saying lol

Key to Truth

Awards
Like everyone else said, it would destroy a good chunk of the game and be more trouble than it's worth. Plus it's not like it's the first time scrapped ideas stayed in the final game. In KH2, they still had Behemoth and Wyverns that were meant to be in the 1000 battle and many other models that stayed.

Actually, you all are wrong. The reason why those things stay there is so the artists' efforts aren't in vain. They leave them there just in case someone can get to see those things, mainly hackers. Probably BBS has as well deleted 3D models and a few more things.

For example, KH2 was gonna have Toy Story and Monster Inc. worlds. The names are still inside the game, and also lots of room names like the Hollow Bastion room from KH1 used in the first trailers from KH2.

Also, inside the japanese game you can still find Buzz lightyear and Buddy 3D models (yaz0r, the one who made the model viewer and model extractor got to extract them, he also said there were Toy story keyblade, but they were textureless.)

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Wow, I wish I was a hacker. That sounds really cool.

Jungle Book world would have been cool, but maybe it will be in a new game :D I have hopes~

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Actually, you all are wrong. The reason why those things stay there is so the artists' efforts aren't in vain. They leave them there just in case someone can get to see those things, mainly hackers. Probably BBS has as well deleted 3D models and a few more things.

For example, KH2 was gonna have Toy Story and Monster Inc. worlds. The names are still inside the game, and also lots of room names like the Hollow Bastion room from KH1 used in the first trailers from KH2.

Also, inside the japanese game you can still find Buzz lightyear and Buddy 3D models (yaz0r, the one who made the model viewer and model extractor got to extract them, he also said there were Toy story keyblade, but they were textureless.)

I never found images of Buzz lightyear and Woody models. I'm assuming you meant to say "Woody" and not "Buddy" :p
If anyone has the original Japanese version of KH2 and still has the model viewer or if someone has the images of them, can you please post them? I'd really like to see what they look like even if they are unfinished.

I don't know... I somehow doubt Square Enix would really care about hackers. Otherwise they would make the games easier to hack. And I know some games that are so lazy, they don't even extract their files. I managed to grab some music from some games just by putting the game disc on my computer.

Key to Truth

Awards
I never found images of Buzz lightyear and Woody models. I'm assuming you meant to say "Woody" and not "Buddy" :p
If anyone has the original Japanese version of KH2 and still has the model viewer or if someone has the images of them, can you please post them? I'd really like to see what they look like even if they are unfinished.

I don't know... I somehow doubt Square Enix would really care about hackers. Otherwise they would make the games easier to hack. And I know some games that are so lazy, they don't even extract their files. I managed to grab some music from some games just by putting the game disc on my computer.

Um... yeah, I meant Woody. (Sorry, english is not my native language and I didn't watch that specific movie in english so I didn't know how it was written.) Also, S-E doesn't care about hackers, but that doesn't mean programmers won't protect the game's content.

About the models topic, even if you were to try to extract them, they won't appear. Only yaz0r has them. He's the only one who got to extract those since they were in a different folder and with a different compression.

I remember him showing long ago the skeleton of those models, but that pic is most likely dead by now (He posted that like 4 years ago). And also, I would prefer seeing Monsters Inc and Toy Story rooms than the actual characters.

I wonder if they ever thought on making "Toy Sora" or something like that, lol.

Keyblade Spirit

It was meant to be in it, but they decided not to use it, and they forgot to take them off the UMD for the final production of the game.
I always thought it was some kind of fanservice. Since it was already there, they left it to be found by hackers. They know it's going to be hacked, and so put in little goodies and Easter eggs that can only be found by hacking. There are several in FFVII like Disk 2 Aerith Appearances, the red man in that hole, and much more, so my theory isn't all that far fetched.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I always thought it was some kind of fanservice. Since it was already there, they left it to be found by hackers. They know it's going to be hacked, and so put in little goodies and Easter eggs that can only be found by hacking. There are several in FFVII like Disk 2 Aerith Appearances, the red man in that hole, and much more, so my theory isn't all that far fetched.

Nah, I don't think they'd go "Oh let's give something for the hackers!" That wouldn't make much sense. I just think it's that they forgot to remove/encrypt stuff. Heck, I remember having a computer game and I loaded in the game and they didn't even extract the music files. I was easily able to take the soundtrack right off the game without even hacking it.

That and removing stuff takes more work because a lot of glitches/errors would occur so they felt it's easier to leave it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back