• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Key Blade Wars: The Aftermath

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevlexcruz

Yay! I can definately read d nxt chap! Today our classes are suspended. Every school's classes in Metro Manila, Philippines are suspended. There's somthing going on in this countrry. The Philippine army is gonna protest againt the government.

Wait, I guess I cant read it after all. I heard they're gonna shut down this internet server I'm using. So, I'll just check tomorrow. I hope this thing ends!

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Wait Kevelexcruz are you Filippino? Post the next chapter Kairi&sora4ever! I can't wait because of the suspense!

Kairi&Sora 4ever

On the vast beaches of Destiny Islands awaiting hi
hey will u guys totally hate me if i cant get it up tonight :(? im not saying i wont but its taking a lot longer then i thought b/c this is like the most important chap so far and i need it to be absolutely perfect for all of you...i hate not being able to keep promises b/c i know it seems im really bad at it..but writing takes a lot of work...ill try my absolute hardest to get it up tonight so dont give up hope yet but if for some reason i cant get it done all the way..i swear to u guys ill get it up by tomorrow- but yeah..sorry again..i hate hate hate making u guys wait so much

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Don't worry Kairi&sora4ever take your time. Sometimes eomething that is really great takes time like the pyramids or pictures but you should'nt rush or you'll lose train of thought. hope the chapter will be great! Take your time but post the next chapter K&S4ever!

Kairi&Sora 4ever

On the vast beaches of Destiny Islands awaiting hi
Here it is.. Chapter 8!! Haha just to remind everyone again this is still the continuation of soras dream…oh and btw this part of the dream takes place after Miko and Lien’s child has been born so that theres no confusion there…but anyways hope u enjoy!

Chapter 8: The Caged Bird Sings

Silvery moonlight streamed through a window left ajar and illuminated the extensive bedroom in which Lien, his enchantingly beautiful wife Miko, and their newborn daughter Kairi, slumbered tranquilly in their bed. With a huge yawn, Lien drowsily blinked open his eyes as he gazed blissfully over his two loves, Miko’s fair arms wrapped protectively around their tiny red haired child. Getting the sudden urge to go for a walk, Lien pushed himself sluggishly off of the bed, leaning down to kiss his wife tenderly on the lips, pulling on his shirt before stepping silently out onto the moonlit shore.

He heaved in a breath of the chilly night air before plopping cozily down onto the coarse, white sand staring wistfully into the starry night sky. “It sure looks beautiful tonight.” He breathed happily.

As soon as he had laid down onto the soft powdery sand, he saw something remarkable. A star began to dwindle silently in the vast sky before it slowly plummeted down to where the sky and sea met…as it did, more and more began to follow in its path, alighting the entire atmosphere with a hazy yellow glow. With his mouth agape, Lien sprinted frantically into his bedroom anxiously nudging a snoozing Miko awake, “Miko you have to come see it! The stars, they’re falling, all of them!!” He gushed excitedly.

“Lien, your probably just imagining it, now please go back to sleep” She yawned rubbing her long lashed eyes sleepily.

“No Mik! I’m imagining it! Come see for yourself!” Lien took her small delicate hands in his and led her hurriedly out to the shore.

Miko let out a horrified gasp when she as she gazed upon the scene, her sapphire eyes illuminated with a mixture of excitement and apprehension as she whispered shakily, “Lien what in the world is going on?” She wrapped a trembling hand around his as her fingernails dug timidly into his palm.

“Aw c’mon babe, please don’t worry, I’m sure everything’s fine. If you want I’ll ask Lord Ansem about it tomorrow, he’s the wisest man in all of Hollow Bastion, I’m sure he’ll have some idea of what’s going on .” He consoled her as he wrapped a strong arm lovingly around her slim waist and he leaned down to gently kiss the nape of her neck.

Miko giggled joyously as he ventured up her neck showering it with tender kisses but she still couldn’t shake off the uneasy feeling that was welling deep inside her stomach… something just wasn’t right about all of this. “Lien let’s go back to sleep. Tryouts for the Ansem Elite are being held early tomorrow, you’re gonna’ need your rest.” She whispered.

He pulled his lips reluctantly from her neck and gave a curt nod as he let his fingers lace through her own and guided her swiftly back into their bedroom. Both laid back down onto the silky white mattress, Miko placed her sheltering arms around her sleeping Kairi, pulling her in close to her body so that she could feel the soft warm breaths that came from her newborn child.

Lien laid down facing the two of them, his green eyes glittering with affection as he whispered sternly, “I love you Miko, and I promise that I’ll always protect you and Kairi with my life..until the very last breath within me has escaped.”

“I love you too Lien, and no matter what happens just know that I’ll always be with you..always.” She leaned in and kissed him passionately and the two fell quietly asleep both feeling a mixture of passion and fear... for a love so strong was not meant to last.

The blazing orange sun alluminated the horizon as morning came upon the peaceful town of Hollow Bastion while Jadis and Lien nervously made their way up to the vast castle that lied at the heart of the great city.

As the pair breached the entrance and walked shakily through the endless corridors of the kingdom Jadis placed a firm hand on his friend's shoulder, “You nervous?” Jadis mumbled in his deep rasping voice.

“Scared shitless…and you?” Lien scoffed hoarsely.

“Never been more afraid of anything in my entire life.” Jadis breathed exasperated.

Finally the two neared the door to the main chamber and just as Lien placed a trembling hand on the knob, the humungous door was suddenly thrust open, blasting the handsome warrior backward onto the icy marble floors. A tiny mouse dressed in extravagant robes emerged from the room, a disturbed expression was formed on his kind features and a petrified frown was plastered across his small face. Consumed by his thoughts, the royal-looking mouse passed stiffly by the two dumb founded warriors, unaware he had just knocked one of them roughly to the ground.

As the mouse made his way out of the corridor Jadis held out one of his giant hands and helped his friend up, “That was weird huh?”

Lien frowned thoughtfully, “Yeah, he looked pretty spooked if you ask me..what do you think happened in there?”

Jadis shook his head grimly as he placed a hand to his rugged chin, rubbing it apprehensively, “I couldn’t tell ya..but I know one thing’s for sure..I’ve never seen that mouse around Hollow Bastion before..but if he isn’t from Hollow Bastion where could he have come from?”

Lien shrugged his shoulders uneasily as he gripped the knob and turned it once more, revealing the eerie and dimly lit chamber within.

As they awaited the arrival of their predecessor the warriors observed the gigantic glittering glass cases that were placed in the walls, each holding ancient artifacts from Hollow Bastion’s former emperors. Suddenly both heard a cold malicious voice that sent a chill up their spines , “Aha, so I see the beloved warriors have arrived. Forgive me for the long wait, I just recently had an unexpected congregation with a certain king from..well from far away. Well now, shall we proceed with the long awaited tryouts?” Lord Ansem bore his blood red eyes manically into their own causing the hair on the back of the men’s necks to stand on end.

Both nodded shakily in unison, “Yes Sir,” Jadis mumbled.

“Very well, follow me then.” He turned swiftly on his heel and led the two to the darkest depths of the chamber, light becoming increasing scarce as they proceeded.

Suddenly the three of them came to an abrupt halt and Lien could just barely make out a small doorway just ahead.

“As you both have most likely realized, becoming members of my elite is no easy task, a king as old and wearisome as myself will need high security at all times. Warriors need to be equal in power and in strength and the only way to prove to me that you are prepared is to battle some of the warriors already in the elite.” He hissed as his bright red eyes flashed insanely.

Lien and Jadis glanced anxiously at one another as the both nodded once more.

“Alright, let the try outs commence!” Ansem bellowed.

Instantly two gigantic warriors dressed in dark black cloaks that masked their faces, at least twice the size of Jadis and Lien bounded mercilessly towards the pair, wielding swords of ultimate destruction. The battle continued with a mixture of thrashing weapons, and the thunderous clashes of metal against metal. Eventually with a swift blow of his enormous scythe Jadis took out his large opponent, blasting him violently to the stone ground. Lien took his dual swords and cornered his beastly adversary into a corner and he flung them viciously at him knocking the man out cold.

Ansem’s red lips curled into a malevolent smiled, “Well done boys, well done indeed. You will both make a nice edition to the elite.”

Jadis plunged an ecstatic fist into the air as he cheered gleefully, “We did it Li! We actually did it!” He gave his friend a congratulatory pat on the back.

“Well we better head back home, Mik’s gonna be so excited for us!” Jadis boomed happily as he gripped the handle to the double door from which the two warriors had emerged.

Ansem’s eyes bulged frantically and his arms flailed widely trying to block the door as he hissed, “No, no don’t use that door! Use the one at the front of the chamber..this door is uh..um a dead end!” His eyes were ablaze with fury as he spoke.

Jadis sheepishly stepped back as he nodded apologetically, “Sorry.. I didn’t know please forgive me your majesty .” He gave a respectful bow.

“Its quite alright, no harm done. Well, I must be off..see you bright and early in the morning for training I assume?”

Lien nodded cautiously, “Yes sir, you can count on it.”

And with a twist of his cloak, Ansem proceeded through the two mysterious doors, his steps fading gently away within seconds.

“Alright, well I guess we better leave, you comin’ man?” Jadis whispered, cocking a suspicious eyebrow at his friend.

“I’ll meet up with you in a little while.” He mumbled, staring intently at the double doors, his curiosity rising with every moment that passed.

Jadis walked to the front entrance from where they had come before yelling sternly over his shoulder, “Lien, don’t do anything stupid!” as he pushed open the heavy doors and left the bleak chamber.

Lien placed both hands lightly on the old oak doors before pushing them cautiously ajar progressing inside. In contrast to its dimly lit and bleak exterior the hall way was a blinding white color and as he stared down it, it appeared as though it was endless, dozens and dozens of doors lined each side.

He stepped silently through the ongoing corridor looking for any sign of the room that Ansem might be in. He continued for a few more moments before he caught the faint sounds of whispers. He followed the low mumbles until the voices finally became distinguishable and led him to a plain white door cracked slightly open.

Lien bit his lip anxiously as he planted his ear firmly to the door. He heard two men speaking, one was Ansem and the other he had never heard before.

“The two prototypes were a huge failure Opes..those two mediocre fighters took them down in less than an hour! I cant take your laziness and your slacking anymore..create better ones or else I refuse to keep my end of the bargain!” Ansem hissed furiously to his companion.

“Ansem, you and I both know its not that simple, the growing process takes time..it can’t be done over night. Your army will be complete by the promised time, have no worries.”

Lien could feel his heart throbbing furiously inside his chest and his hands began to tremble uncontrollably at his sides, ‘What could they be could talking about?! They have to be insane..you can’t just grow people! No, I should just get the hell out of here, I’m just imagining all of this..I’ll just wake up tomorrow and everything will be back to normal’ He thought, but his attention was immediately drawn back to the conversation when he thought he heard the faint voice of a child..

“Not now Axel, go check on the infant, he’s the most important one of all of you.” Opes whispered cruelly to the tiny boy.

Lien peeked through the small crack in the door in just enough time to see a tall man with long blonde hair and an equally long beard push the small spiky red haired boy to the back of the room. Opes and Ansem stared intensely at one another, the same pure evil etched in their cold hard faces.

“When can you create more? I need an army Opes..this wont be enough to fulfill my plans.” Ansem's expression becoming malicious and full of hatred by the second.

“I told you Ansem, 13 is enough for now. I will send the infant to a family so he can be raised normally there until the time is right. Roxas is the key to this entire plan, he must be kept out of danger. He can’t be here when Hollow Bastion is destroyed, its way too risky.”

Lien's heart stopped as he let the man’s words sink in, he felt as thought he was about to faint but came into focus as he heard Ansem’s words, “Not before we get the girl. The prophecy clearly states that without her the keybearer cannot be found.”

Who could this girl be that they’re talking about? Lien had to find her and warn her before it was too late and he also had to find this ‘keybearer” whoever it may be.

“What about the other two? How will we find them?” Opes growled.

“The other key bearers will be taken care of in later years, we have to find this one first and time is of the essence.” Ansem hissed in reply.

“And your positive that once the prophecy has been fulfilled The Allegiance will once again reform?” Opes’s voice rising excitedly, his dark brown eyes bulging manically.

“As long as everything is put into place, it will undoubtedly form and the key bearers will once more wrought terror and destruction upon this universe instead of choosing light over the darkness as they did a century ago. But first things first we have to get Kairi, she will set our plan into action.”

With a sudden jolt, Lien could feel his heart stop inside his chest and he felt fear and hatred consume his entire being as he let out a horrified gasp..They were going to take Kairi..they were going to take his Kairi..

Last edited:

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Awesome chapter! I can tell you put a lot of thought into this! I like how you line everything up and make it all come together. I really admire your writing! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back