• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade Design changes (and possible explaination)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erauqs

I've just reviewed the 2008 trailer and i noticed something:

In the 2009 trailer the new keyblades are shown, but the players are obviously at an early stage in the game (low HP for everybody)

In the 2008 trailer everything has higher HP and the old Keyblade designs are used

Thus at least supporting my theory of the changes being a story or level based evolution

But that also can be supporting a redesign, because the old designs haven't been in anything recent.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
If it's simply a redesign (which I presume it is) it's tragic. Terra's Keyblade looked so badass, now it looks somewhat ridiculous and tiny. Aqua's looks fine, but it loses some nostalgia with the scene in KH2:FM where it shows her armor and Keyblade in the Chamber of Repose.

Difference in Terra's Keyblade:
temp.png

The new Terra keyblade looks like one of the ones that Roxas could get in 358/2 Days the Technical Gear, Prestige Gear, and the Champion's Gear. (different colors of course)

and it is a redisign...their new designed keyblades are in the latest scans.

I like on how they gave each other different keychains now.

crazzyBRY

Few may have noticed (or cared) but since the first set of trailers the trio's Keyblades have spontaneously changed their looks:

Terra's: Instead of 3 rows of teeth on the end, it now has two rows and lacks the curved blade on the tip.

Aqua's: Look changed entirely, more recent screens show the weapon's head looking all spikey and having no base under the teeth, while the original version looked somewhat like kingdom key/oblivion.

Ven's: Switched from left handed to right handed, and the teeth seem to have been flipped over (now resembling a normal Keyblade).

In addition: all 3 seem to have keychains at some point in the game (people HAVE noticed)

I think this is more than redesigning, the keyblades (in the presumed absence of form changing keychains) may actually evolve in some manner (I hope, Ven's 2nd design is ugly as sin compared to the first), possibly connected to the growth system, command board, or simply storywise

This would make the most sense with Terra, as design 2 shows his keyblade in a regressed form, which would be kinda pointless to keep as a permanent design.

Reason for Ven's main hand change is probably for camera angles matching other characters/consistent animation

Every heard of the word CONCEPT?

the trailer from kh2FM+ was shown just to show who the characters will look like..

The new Terra keyblade looks like one of the ones that Roxas could get in 358/2 Days the Technical Gear, Prestige Gear, and the Champion's Gear. (different colors of course)

and it is a redisign...their new designed keyblades are in the latest scans.

I like on how they gave each other different keychains now.

the old one looks like a nobody berserk weapon.. what Sai'x use.. lol

Lenexa

i think they evolve. They wouldn't change the design from what they already showed in KHIIFM.
They changed the keyblades to compensate for the growth system.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
i think they evolve. They wouldn't change the design from what they already showed in KHIIFM.
They changed the keyblades to compensate for the growth system.

the secret ending at the end of KH2FM was just to show how they would look like...so they could redesign their keyblades.

I liked Terra's old keyblade design then their new one, it was also a little longer.

Does anyone know where i can find pics of Aqua's and Ven's new redesigns?

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I really hope it was not just a change in design because I like aqua's
original keybalde better. The new one is not that great, but it is still cool.

zetvirus55

New keyblade designs can be seen perfectly on the first of the newest scans (the set bragging about kid-Zexion)

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
There just has to be a real reason for keyblade changing, but what could it be?

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Yuck, I hate Terra's new version. Ven and Aqua's look sweet, but Terra's just looks incomplete. Nomura please, bring it back.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Its a redesign that just didn't want people to get confused with the keychain thing so they gave the keyblades a whole new look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back