• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade Theory

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MeteoRain

Maybe the Blades being a part of the Heart isnt that for off, remember the Dark Keyblade? made from the Hearts of the Poh's. IDK just a thought.

Last edited:
Hello, everyone. Got another theory for ya. I'm pretty sure I've seen theories like this one, but oh well....

So, about the Keyblades.....we've seen those with chains and those without. Of course, everyone's been wondering what this means. And, of course, I have a theory on it.

Everyone in the KH Community has pretty much agreed on the fact that Keycahins come from memories. So what about ones without them, like Terra's, Aqua's, and Ven's?

I believe that a Keyblade that does not have a chain was created by the user's heart. They had such a strong heart, that a keyblade was formed from them. Meaning that, as part of their training most likely, TAV had to summon/create their own Keyblades instead of having one given to them with a keychain.

Some of you may bring up the Way to Dawn, and how it was created from Riku's heart, but Way to Dawn's creation was a bit different. Yes, it came from Riku's heart, but he used the memory from Soul Eater to create it, thus it having a keychain [and also, it being created from his memories, the symbol on the end was the "dark heart" symbol.]

So any keyblade with a chain was created from a memory [or by someone else, then had a chain put on it so others could use it] and those without were created by that person weilding it.

Also, another small theory to put in here. Nothing major, but it's about the symbol on the end of the Kingdom Key and Darkside keyblades. Of course, everyone thinks that symbol represents Mickey. Yes, that's probably what Nomura meant it for...at first. But I believe that it now means something different. I believe the "3 circles" represent the 3 Realms: Light, Dark, and Nothing.

What got me thinking about this was this: I just restarted playing KHII just for fun, and got to the part where you're Roxas, and need to draw in the symbol on the desk in the library. Then I noticed that the symbols were arranged just like the "mickey symbol." So maybe that's what it actually stands for.

Thoughts?

I believe that it is merely a game mechanic that is merely used to explain way there are so many different types of such a rare weapon. I don't believe having a keychain or not has to do with anything important at all which is why several keyblades share the same keychain.

A

Audo

I believe that it is merely a game mechanic that is merely used to explain way there are so many different types of such a rare weapon. I don't believe having a keychain or not has to do with anything important at all which is why several keyblades share the same keychain.
Yeah, that would have been acceptable, until we were shown Keyblades that have no-keychains.

Bliip

Should change his username D:<
Nomura barely had any ideas for KH2 by the time he finished KH. He was not planning that far ahead considering he didn't even know if he would make a KH2.
but were talking about b4 KH1 even came out.

Oh my gosh. Even I, a tolerant man become weary at this topic once more.
then dont read or post here

Yeah, that would have been acceptable, until we were shown Keyblades that have no-keychains.
exactly

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
It goes even before TAV's Keyblades, actually, to Riku's WtD that came from the Soul Eater, imo :eek: but TAV certainly did make it into an issue.

What's that got to do with keychain-less keyblades?

It's only an issue if we're intended to change keyblades in the game. The characters are not going to change their keyblades in the game then they're probably not going to animate the keychains onto the keyblades.

Soul Eater + Keychain = WtD :eek:
It shows Keychains have more meaning than just game mechanics, imo.
...and then we have Roxas and the Oathkeeper + Oblivion '-' fun facts

First, Soul Eater transformering into a keyblade really has nothing to do with this subject because Soul Eater wasn't a keyblade to begin with. Second what does Roxas having Oathkeeper and Oblivion have to do with this?

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Soul Eater + Keychain = WtD :eek:
It shows Keychains have more meaning than just game mechanics, imo.
...and then we have Roxas and the Oathkeeper + Oblivion '-' fun facts

That's what I thought you were getting at.

But Soul Eater was never a keyblade.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
First, Soul Eater transformering into a keyblade really has nothing to do with this subject because Soul Eater wasn't a keyblade to begin with. Second what does Roxas having Oathkeeper and Oblivion have to do with this?

Meaning behind the Keychains.
Also, the Soul Eater clearly had a place on which one could slap a Keychain, much like in TAV's Keyblades, making me believe that the main issue that turned the SE into a real Keyblade was the Keychain.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Also, the Soul Eater clearly had a place on which one could slap a Keychain, much like in TAV's Keyblades, making me believe that the main issue that turned the SE into a real Keyblade was the Keychain.

...so? It doesn't really look like a keyblade at all. Whereas TAV's keyblades do.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
...so? It doesn't really look like a keyblade at all. Whereas TAV's keyblades do.

If they really are fake, their shape wouldn't mean too much, would it? Then we have the nifty bit of info saying the Soul Eater was crafted from the Darkness in Riku's Heart, drawing yet another similarity between it and a Keyblade.
Also, we're discussing the Keychains and their effect, not what they're placed on, necessarily..

Meaning behind the Keychains.

Meaning behind keychains? The keychains for the keyblades weren't important, but the keyblades themselves.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Meaning behind keychains? The keychains for the keyblades weren't important, but the keyblades themselves.

I disagree, especially since the ones chosen were the Oblivion and the Oathkeeper, Keychains that clearly have special meanings in the story. True, they affect less the concept as a whole and relate more to Roxas being Sora's Nobody, but they did pick those out of all the Keyblades to give him.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
If they really are fake, their shape wouldn't mean too much, would it? Then we have the nifty bit of info saying the Soul Eater was crafted from the Darkness in Riku's Heart, drawing yet another similarity between it and a Keyblade.

=/ Well, I would think they would have the basic shape of a key at least. Soul Eater doesn't have that at all, whereas all the other keychainless keyblades we have ever seen DO look like keys.

And well, that's one possibility I'm inclined to believe in, but to be fair we don't know how he got the Soul Eater.

Also, we're discussing the Keychains and their effect, not what they're placed on, necessarily..

I know that, I'm just arguing for arguing's sake. :v

I disagree, especially since the ones chosen were the Oblivion and the Oathkeeper, Keychains that clearly have special meanings in the story. True, they affect less the concept as a whole and relate more to Roxas being Sora's Nobody, but they did pick those out of all the Keyblades to give him.

Yeah because one keyblade represented Riku (Obilivion was commonly known as Riku's KEYBLADE not keychain) and one represented Kairi. Which is why those two were chosen.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Yeah because one keyblade represented Riku and one represented Kairi. Which is why those two were chosen.

And that's kind of what I was getting at, they have more meaning behind it.
I can think of some possibilities behind that certain issue, but heck, it's 3:30 am here. So I think I'll just let it go by saying I still think they're more than mere game mechanics and I've had my reasons to believe in it before TAV popped along.

(Obilivion was commonly known as Riku's KEYBLADE not keychain)

o_O mind elaborating on that one?

Well until it said otherwise by the games or Nomura then I'm gonna continue to believe it is nothing more then a game mechanic and that it has no baring on the future of the games.

A

Audo

It's proven to be more than that... you know... since there are Keychain-less Keyblades. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back