• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Keys

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oathshadow

Actually, that's the end of the fic. I'll explain some of the theories applied in it:
"Neos/shells": I invented an offworld origin, just to spice things up, and also because of the reports concerning the light, dark, and in-between worlds.
Heartless: I also made the origin of the Heartless on my invented world of Primos, which might have been a little ambitious. Also, unlike in actual KH, the Heartless ARE hearts.
Sora's promises: I'm going on my theory that the BHK is responsible for making Sora remember his forgotten promises. Thus, he receives a paopu that Kairi bit off of. He uses that on the key he owns, being a key-wielder, and then attaches Oblivion to the "anti-key," thus he has Oathkeeper and Oblivion. I'll talk more about it later.
Ephram: This is a really cool name, and the best name I could think of for the BHK. In case you didn't catch it, in this fic, Ephram sacrificed himself, as Sora did in KH, but on a much grander scale. As in, his body is totally ruined. He's a key-wielder, and a powerful one at that, so Ansem's heart, DiZ, needs to replace his body. Enter Tidus. It was also a convenient way to wrap up the new Tidus
Tidus: I explained a little with Ephram, but I completely changed Tidus's character for the fic. I also tweaked everyone else's as well. I did this so I could have a dark key-wielder without finding a bizarre way to reincorporate Riku from the veritable grave, as far as I was concerned when I started writing. I also thought it would be cool for Tidus to suck some more and show off Jac's prowess with the Dream Sword. Oh, by the way. . .
Dream Sword: I'll be short with this. Merlin recovered the Dream Sword along the the Dream Rod and Dream Shield, which are available to Goofy and Donald in KH. The reason Sora can't get it, other than the fact that he HAS to wield the keyblade, is that Jac has it.

I'll read some responses and post answers to questions and stuff as well.

Last edited:

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Yeah. It's cool! It was kinda 'science fiction meets fantasy and they join forces one last time before killing each other off' thing. Meaning that no other fic will be able to top yours when it comes to awesome theories!

Oathshadow

Sequels? I dunno. I wrapped it up as best I could while still leaving KH2 feasible and making Jac the ultimate heroic sacrifice. Yeh, a little selfish of me to have my own character pave the way for Sora and Riku to save the universe. Lol.

I'm glad it wasn't boring. Thanks for the reviews. It's not a perfect fic, as you can see by my favorite line from it. That's the one with the word fool used in it three or four times.

I apologize to any SoraxKairi fans that read this and are incensed by the romance between Jac and Kairi. I'll just let you know, since Jac dies, Sora still gets the girl.
That is, of course, up to Nomura. But that's my guess. I guess I should give a final disclaimer. Pretty much, I didn't event KH or any of the characters in the actual game, though it would be nice to play KH2 and run into a moogle named Loom. I DID invent Jac, though he WAS based off that guy in the courtyard of Traverse town who was talking about not being able to find his parents. I also invented Jac's parents and the world of Primos. If anyone wants to use Jac or Primos, ask me first so I know you're doing it.
I'm going to see a man about a dog. . .er, think up some cool new plot for another fic.
Too much A Knight's Tale is not a good thing.

angel princess

You know the voice inside your head? The one with
Website
s10.invisionfree.com
Oh, blah. It's fanfiction! No reason you can't take it farther than just opening up the KH2 story.... heh, my mind's already forming an idea for the sequel... involving the rebirth of Jac.... I'm so pathetic. ^^ Yeah... but if I were to even attempt using the awesomness of him with your permisison, I'd have to finish my story first... and the sequel to it.... unless they fold into one story.... Hmmm.... well, I guess if you're not going to do a sequel, I'll have to be satisfied with what is...

Oathshadow

I don't know when I got the idea for Jac to sacrifice himself. It just sort of. . . happened when I started working out Primos and all of that stuff. I might be able to bring Jac back, because I didn't actually say he died. But I don't know what he'd be. The Ghost-Key is too powerful of a weapon against the "shells," so I would have to continue without that. And without that, the whole premise falls apart. I could write a story from Ephram's point of view. . . I'm starting to think of the BHK as Ephram, now. When his name is revealed, I'm going to have some major issues convincing myself his name isn't Ephram. Or I could simply go back and change the name.

In fact, I think I'm gonna go change that other fic I started into one centering on Ephram. Do some more flashback stuff, enjoying a dive into the heart, and having a whole bunch of smiling shells creeping him out.

Geez. You put so much pressure on me that I'm actually doing a sequel! It will take me a while to go through what I want to do and stuff, and it might not come up for a while. I guarantee it will focus around Ephram for the most part, though I can't say whether I'll include a new character or not.

And again, if any of you want to ask me questions about my fic, like reasons for things minor said or my thoughts behind the treatment of Axel, or such jazz, just do so. If you want to know about the computer on Primos, refer to him as HAL.

Lol, I'm such a nerd. If you ever watched either of the Space Odyssey (sp?) movies, 2000, or 2010, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Haha, Hal! I know him! He's the robot with the red eye that takes over everything! Muahahahahahahahahahaha! A sequel?! AWESOME!

angel princess

You know the voice inside your head? The one with
Website
s10.invisionfree.com
Hehehe.... I know all about being pressured into sequels... I killed a character and everyone hated me, so I had to write a sequel in which she was revived.... <_< That was a pain... it's never been finished.... Never had much thought to it either... but it's long forgotten...

I can't wait to read the sequel... literally can't wait.... ^^

Oathshadow

Again, it's been forever and a week since the last post, and I don't like the idea of my fic dying. I guess it's a little long. oh well. If it dies I'll just start posting it again and people will think it's new!

But then Jac would feel bad, because he's so humble he doesn't want people to know what he's done.

Oathshadow

That's it. The end of Keys. Where it says "and-". Yeah. Fin.
But "Ephram's Journey" is the sequel, and there may be some surprises. :rolleyes:
There are definitely going to be people who want to kill me because it ends like that. But it's pretty well wrapped up and packaged for the sequel, which--until Ephram's Journey was spawned--was supposed to be KH2. That's why its so open. Now I have to take poetic license for everyone who wants a sequel. Actually, I'm more than happy to elaborate on my idea of Ephram. I'm shutting up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back