• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH game for the iPad?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

beastlycool

Why are you saying for the ipad? all of the games for the ipad are ipod touch or iphone games. And no, with the clunky touch controls it's just not something you can do.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
no no no no no no no no no
please no!!!!!! >_<

Aria

braver by the minute
oh gosh no. For one it would kill because not everyone is going to be able to afford and ipad, and it's would just be a horrible system to have any RPG on.

Suzuku

∞;4858260 said:
The iPad's a piece of shit, even worse than the iPhone if you have the intelligence to think about it for five seconds, not to mention pales in comparison to even the lowest-tier netbook, which is half the price.

Hell no for putting a good series on a piece of crap.
Netbooks are a piece of shit. The iPad is in a form factor that would actually be good for something and if you took the time out to think about it for five seconds you would realize that.

Anyway, I don't think any numbered KH game will be coming out on the iPad due to it not being for home console games. If you meant a spin-off/handheld title like CoM, coded, 358/2 days, or BbS then I can absolutely see it that happening at some point in the future. If coded comes to the west and is on the App Store then it will be playable on the iPad (coded actually looks really good on a big screen, if saw the demo of it).

Contrary to the belief of many of the people in this thread, who have obviously never touched many of the great games in the App Store, the iPhone is a great gaming device. It's APIs for gaming are just as sophisticated, if not more so in some cases, as the DS and PSP; has far more powerful processing power and RAM than the DS and PSP, not to mention completely dwarfs them in (their virtually nonexistent) on-board storage; and is nearing the PSP in terms of graphical power, and probably will be better than it come June when a new iPhone is announced. iPhone-type devices are the future of handheld gaming. Does it have a learning curve? Yes, but what doesn't? Once you get used to not feeling physical buttons the controls become like second nature.

A

Azrael

Perhaps a re:Mobile of Kingdom Hearts but with real plot value?

Frozura

The reason gaming sucks for the iPad is because there are no games for it, it's not there are no games for it because it sucks.

If developers took the time to really make some solid, franchised games rather than a quick-buck port, everyone will see the potential, don't blame the iPad or iPhone because they don't have good apps/games (which they actually do, way more than the cliche of 1%) but you should blame developers for not releasing anything good on it.

If KH comes out on the iPad or iPhone, I am dead-on sure that Square won't try to make a quick buck and will make the most of the game, look at china wars for iPhone, it's as good as the console(handheld) version of china wars. The controls are not as crippled as you guys think they are either.

I don't know what is up with some people, but hating the iPhone ect has really turned into an annoying ignorant bandwagon.

The iPhone and iPad are and will be ever evolving, you will see a new iteration every year, this is good and bad in some ways but the good thing about it is that there is always improvements with using current gen offerings, rather than having to use technology that is becoming old as cellphones start to pass consoles in power and innovation.

Sora^Fan

Well, not in any near future, that's for sure. Until SE is sure that a decent amount of people own the Ipad..there is no way they would risk it.

Frozura

Well, not in any near future, that's for sure. Until SE is sure that a decent amount of people own the Ipad..there is no way they would risk it.

I'm pretty sure people would have no choice but to get an iPad if a KH game came out for it, or any other game made by big budget companies.

This is what happens when a new system or console comes out, developers see the potential and make a really good game, while consumers, like the people protesting right now fail to see anything beyond their ignorance.

The iPhone already has an enormous amount of people using either the iPhone or the iTouch, and growing.

This is also how the Wii ended up, when developers didn't give a shit about it because it supposedly lacked to them, but later on everyone was buying Wii's and they took a second look, that's why now you won't be seeing half-assed games for the Wii but you will see games being made to the fullest potential.

This has been happening slowly with the iPhone as well but at least it is happening.

I actually do believe Square would risk it, honestly, look at this way, they release a really good KH game for the iPad, whatever it is, despite the things people keep on saying about it, and people are drawn towards it because they pretty much have no choice but to get it, it will be such a good game because I trust Square not to mess up on something, and they will make a perfect game for the iPad if it becomes a reality.

People need to stop hating success, honestly, I could care less about the iPhone having a million apps and only 1% of it being good, that is 1) not true, it's a cliche now and 2) it doesn't make it worse or make something other than it better.

Sora^Fan

I'm pretty sure people would have no choice but to get an iPad if a KH game came out for it, or any other game made by big budget companies.

This is what happens when a new system or console comes out, developers see the potential and make a really good game, while consumers, like the people protesting right now fail to see anything beyond their ignorance.

The iPhone already has an enormous amount of people using either the iPhone or the iTouch, and growing.

This is also how the Wii ended up, when developers didn't give a shit about it because it supposedly lacked to them, but later on everyone was buying Wii's and they took a second look, that's why now you won't be seeing half-assed games for the Wii but you will see games being made to the fullest potential.

This has been happening slowly with the iPhone as well but at least it is happening.

I actually do believe Square would risk it, honestly, look at this way, they release a really good KH game for the iPad, whatever it is, despite the things people keep on saying about it, and people are drawn towards it because they pretty much have no choice but to get it, it will be such a good game because I trust Square not to mess up on something, and they will make a perfect game for the iPad if it becomes a reality.

People need to stop hating success, honestly, I could care less about the iPhone having a million apps and only 1% of it being good, that is 1) not true, it's a cliche now and 2) it doesn't make it worse or make something other than it better.
Very good point. However, when a big company decides to risk such a move, it's usually on platforms that have been around for quite a while. Take Dissidia and BBS for example, the PSP has been around for awhile and it took this long for SE to finally release it's most aclaimed franchies on it.
My point is that SE wouldn't make a KH out of the blue when the Ipad itself is not sure to be a success.

Frozura

Very good point. However, when a big company decides to risk such a move, it's usually on platforms that have been around for quite a while. Take Dissidia and BBS for example, the PSP has been around for awhile and it took this long for SE to finally release it's most aclaimed franchies on it.
My point is that SE wouldn't make a KH out of the blue when the Ipad itself is not sure to be a success.

But the iPhone/iTouch are, and iPad has everything that have plus much much more, even if the iPad was not a success, they can always make it for the iPhone and bump up the graphics/resolution for it to be more playable on an iPad since it is backwards compatible.

Plus, I've always wanted a giant iPod Touch.

Sora^Fan

But the iPhone/iTouch are, and iPad has everything that have plus much much more, even if the iPad was not a success, they can always make it for the iPhone and bump up the graphics/resolution for it to be more playable on an iPad since it is backwards compatible.

Plus, I've always wanted a giant iPod Touch.
Hehe, yeah it would be cool....but what I'm saying is that SE would wait a little longer until the Ipad got a little recognition or until it was the next big thing and the SE would try to take advantage of that and release a KH game just when the Ipad is at it's peak lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back